When does Vagabond get good...

When does Vagabond get good? I'm on chapter 14 and the story seems aimless and random things seem to be happening for no apparent reason. The panels feel disjointed or something and I hate all of these characters. Why should I give a shit about Takezo struggling to survive and the friend who fucked off with those girls? There is no story here.

Attached: a-Vagabondovel.jpg (413x600, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9zBczS6EYcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dunno. Dropped it after he was released from the tree. Later heard that he sets out to become the best swordsman or smth. Bumping this thread to hear why do people think it's good apart from having a detailed and realistic artstyle.

The author dropped it too.

First chapter.

When you've grown up I guess.

Chapter 1.
But you should at least read until he becomes Musashi (which also is when drops it)

It's about the journey to find a place in this world, a place within yourself, and getting over your limitations.

Also 11/10 art

Attached: landscapebasic[1].jpg (923x786, 139K)

Well, good luck trying to get to the Kojiro story. What was it? Like 14 volumes? Shit felt like it was never going to end.

>Author put vagabond on hiatus to finish REAL
>REAL is also on hiatus

Attached: 1506449248645.gif (500x376, 1002K)

Reminder that Mushashi killed people for no reason beside "muh kendo".

WHEN THIS BADASS MOTHERFUCKER SHOWS UP

Attached: tumblr_mymodfFwWc1skqrj3o1_400.jpg (361x568, 61K)

I don't think anyone will pretend that Musashi wasn't a massive asshole

If you don't like it, drop it.

Attached: 1516645709851.jpg (593x523, 249K)

His obsession with basketball is kind of jarring.

Good

It would seem you lack the capacity to understand what vagabond is about. A pity.

if you dont like it just accept it wasnt aimed at you. most people's first foray into seinen was made under the assumption it would be like berserk when in reality berserk lean more towards shounen rather than seinen. im pretty sure miura even intended it to be that way, but it wasnt possible given the amount of violence, nudity and other contents.

wasnt real life musashi an asshole too?

>he put REAL on hiatus so he could draw for basketball magazines
Inoue just wants to be a basketball player so badly

You're an insufferable faggot.

Attached: a-man-of-culture-as-well.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Eiji Yoshikawa's Musashi wasn't, he was literally just misunderstood. Also, that's the one Vagabond is based on and you know it.

I think any artist who has an autistic amount of knowledge on a topic make the story so much better

Real is good as fuck

Fake is better desu.

HAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
IM SOILING MYSELF RIGHT NOW

NICE ONE MY BROTHER

It's a volume 25, not a chapter 14 you fucking retard.
youtube.com/watch?v=9zBczS6EYcg

Attached: 1440835856118.png (450x443, 102K)

>muh lonely figure in a big landscape
bad example

I posted it more in relation to what it symbolizes in the manga than the art itself.

Attached: 77e37d7763147cfbe01e14c86f64e39252c425da_hq[1].jpg (1024x739, 118K)

just read it you dumb nigger

>When does Vagabond get good
When you kys faggot.

Attached: Do a flip.jpg (640x640, 60K)

Attached: 91.jpg (1600x1164, 294K)

God I wish I could get proper high quality scans without those stupid gaps in the middle

Attached: 1514144215509.jpg (1600x1168, 317K)

>manga called Vagabond
>OP is surprised that the character is aimless and random things happen
Just read the book anyway.

Attached: 1508806199468.png (118x133, 6K)

The books are so good. I wish I could read them for the first time again.

speaking of the books, I heard that the english version is an incomplete one but I can't find a reliable source that says exactly how much is untranslated, does anyone here knows?

I dropped it when I realized the author is never going to finish it.

I don't know, I didn't read them in English.

how hard is the japanese?

Good question. I didn't read them in Japanese either. But now that you mention it, I wonder if it's much harder than a LN such as kusuriya.

this one was one of the best scenes in the manga. He grew up and realized how vast the world is and that to become invincible under the sun is a long way.

Attached: Caspar_David_Friedrich_-_Wanderer_above_the_sea_of_fog.jpg (2327x2980, 1013K)

There is also the realisation that there is always another mountain.
Even after he defeats the Yoshioka school and is seen as invincible, he feels as weak as ever and far from the level of the masters that he looks up to.

A quote (I think by Inei Hozoin, but I can't find source so I'm paraphrasing) that I think summons up a lot of Musashi's struggle at that point.
"As long as you swim in the ocean you can never know how truly vast it is"

It's good mostly because of the art in my opinion. The story didn't do much for me but it's definitely enjoyable. REAL is definitely better.

Also I liked Slam Dunk a lot too but I watch 100+ NBA games a year so it was nice to read a somewhat realistic basketball manga.

Attached: REAL Inoue.jpg (1456x696, 338K)

How Matahachi is not likeable? He's a perfect example of modern user imo.

Attached: lowlife.jpg (800x1190, 229K)

I have read it exclusively for the art.
And maybe the early big fights.
The mature arc gets boring due to random wandering about and the MC being too strong and skilled to lose by then.

I thought the first half of Slam Dunk was a bit so-so. It felt very much like your average shonen sports manga. But around when Hanamichi cuts his hair it finds its own footing and gets really good.

And Vagabond was fucking fantastic. So many of the philosophies that I could relate to regarding the struggle of dedicating yourself at getting good at something.

But REAL was better. Best manga I've ever read.

well of courses user, Vagabond is a manga for an older demographic, a child wouldn't like it as much.

Agreed on the beginning of Slam Dunk, but it was awesome seeing Hanamichi grow from a delinquent good for nothing that joined the basketball team to impress a girl to a guy that just loved the game of basketball and did everything he could to help his team win

>"Why don't you like him user, he's just like you!"

Attached: 1434398975662.png (325x244, 75K)

>the story seems aimless and random things seem to be happening
Wow user, you might me onto something here. It's almost like you're wandering about like a

>most people's first foray into seinen was made under the assumption it would be like berserk when in reality berserk lean more towards shounen rather than seinen. im pretty sure miura even intended it to be that way, but it wasnt possible given the amount of violence, nudity and other contents.
Lol there is a ton of shounen manga with the level of objectionable content more or less akin to Berserk nowadays and they are published in some shounen magazines that permits it, even the nipples.

I dropped it in the beginning and thought it was shit, but it was a mistake. Stick to it because it becomes really, really fucking good

>Not knowing what Vagabond is about

Shame.

Its good from the start

>Its good from the start

Attached: Hitler Looking Dismissively.jpg (481x593, 94K)

It's good from the start.

see

See

see

good it's from the start

dude, fuck takezo. he´s unlikeable for most of the manga. den and sasakir kojiro are objectivly the best characters. matahachi and the monk are also cool (yet, matahachi is a total imbecile, but a likeable imbecile). stay there for 20 more chapters. if you dont like it, just drop it.

slam dunk is definitly superior than vagabond, but people like to say the opposite because vagabond looks more intelligent. vagabond was just an experiment, but seems takehiko wasn´t that satisfied with the result.

Attached: duh.gif (400x225, 877K)

The story is real fucking deep man and the art is great. Really captures the struggles of existence from many different perspectives while not going so deep as to alienate too many readers and ending up it's own ass. The fights are so tense and so damn enjoyable to read. It captures the positives of realistic storytelling without sacrificing the interesting nature of depicting events that are unlikely or very unrealistic, a real joyride. The story of the main character is also very archetypal, he's like sword Jesus Hercules, but still full of imperfections and problems. A really solid seinen and the Hiatus is a shame.

I like them both though I will always identify more with Vagabond because I read the books way before the manga was a thing.

It never gets good and the author dropped that shit, so why shouldn't you?

Anons don't like themselves, why would they like Mata?

bald manlet got one shotted didn't even get a rematch

It gets better when he meets Satsuki Kojiro

Matahachi is what every story needs.

Sword Jesus was the false self-insert who grips you in the story, but no you aren't like him, you're Matahachi. Everyone was forced to see themselves as Mata in the story since his actions are most realistic and his archetype is so typical of our generation and the last even.

You like him if you like good stories, he's is the reality of most people's lives and a very needed counter-narrative in the story. All other stuff in the series is sensational, especially the major characters, but him, no... He's just a dude who cheats, is stupid, not talented and treats people badly. He also suffers from the over protecting mother archetype and that is a partial source of the flaws in his character. Well written and close to reality.

Genuinely curious since I find Vagabond to be extremely good.

All of you that dislike it:
What do you think is good manga?

>Eiji Yoshikawa's Musashi
God, I loved that book when I was a kid.

I agree. 99.9% of all people would be like Mata in this cake. Him being unlikeable only makes it sink in even more.

Fairy Tail

This better be bait.

I liked him from the start. I actually dropped the manga when his story ended.

Attached: 012.png (819x1200, 151K)