DARKER THAN BLACK

10th anniversary talk event will be happening in several more hours. Will they revitalize the franchise and announce a brand new anime series?

Attached: B8C3F403-1CED-4EE1-B45B-972F99ABE033.jpg (960x540, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mkym_SAN/status/973073328343728129?s=19
d-black.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no announcement
NOW I'VE LOST IT

>10th anniversary talk event
They are kinda late, we are a month away from the 11th anniversary.

Maybe they couldn't get the entire staff together during the actual 10th anniversary.

That's what I hope, that they couldn't make the announcement they are possibly about to make, earlier.

Do we know if there will be some sort of coverage about the meeting?

Not that I know of. Probably Twitter is your only option.

If a new season does get announced, you'll get coverage in the form of Sup Forums being spammed with dozens of DtB threads.

Understood. I predict more animated content and possibly some recap films.

Finally a 2nd season to anime's batman the animated series.

Hold it, it's 98% literally nothing.

Has it really been 10 years...

I actually enjoyed the second season unlike the majority of Sup Forums. Maybe because I watched it after alongside the ovas. I seriously hope they finish this series, its too good to just abandon.

Why did it suddenly stop being produced?

Almost 11

When will it start guys? Is there a stream for this?

Bones are always busy, they had a rough time in 2013, the producers had otber priorities.

Should the ovas be watched after season 1?

yes

#
Can I conpletely skip season 2 ?

OVA spoils a big part of the mystery that surrounds Hie through which you experience under the lens of the new protagonist. The show covers explains it enough. The OVA is the weakest part of the series and has some fan-ficyness like a girl who looks like Amber for instance.

S2 is as good as S1 but in different ways.

>S2 is as good as S1 but in different ways.

Attached: 1463616427569.png (1003x1287, 142K)

How many hours? Or is it finished already?

Ehhh... You can, I just wouldn't, personally. S1 ends nicely enough, so S2 isn't needed in that sense. And it's not episodic with an overarching story like S1, it's a narrative driven episode-to-episode story.

Well it was good at being bad.

This is wrong. Its not as good as season 1, but its not unwatchable either. After the initial disappointment of Hei losing his powers, you get into the story long enough until Hei gets his powers back

Also, the girl having some kind of Sailor moon scene when she summons her anti tank rifle was mad lame

Wish they had kept this look, btw

Attached: Hei_new_2.png (1280x720, 557K)

While I wouldn't say I find it as good as Season 1 its by no means as bad as everyone makes it out to be, so much so they pretend it doesn't exist. Like the status quo and pacing are completely different in the second season but everything still feels like Darker than Black.
It's actually crazy to me that people created the "S2?" joke when its still such a higher quality anime than most shows we get nowadays. Now, if they made the same joke for something like Psycho Pass's second season that would make sense.

What twitter should I be watching?

Either Bones', Takahiro Komori, Shinsuke Ohnishi, or the big anime news twitters.

Eh, it isn't dogshit bad but it wasn't what I expected at all, considering we went from a charismatic chinese electric batman on S1 to a depressed drunk man who lost almost everything on S2. And instead of answering the existing questions people have been wondering since the first season, they created more and more questions and the ending didn't feel right at all. I haven't watched Psycho Pass's 2nd season yet, is it that bad?

I'm checking both DtB and Darker than Black, but didn't find anything interesting.

Attached: 1474804481.jpg (500x362, 32K)

I hope you have your best booze prepared.

I'm just preparing to lose it one way or the other.

interesting

twitter.com/mkym_SAN/status/973073328343728129?s=19
There only less than a 2 hours left until start.

1:30 hours left now, fuck

S2 was better, drunken bitch slapping and a more personal take on the characters was way more interesting a romp than whatever generic shonen S1 was.

>generic shonen
bait

>stuff happens
>we'll use this as week reasoning to have a lot of fights without meaning anything
generic shounen with the gimmick that everyone dies, even the cute ones.

I just remember being super confused when watching this anime. I kept replaying the ending of season 1 to see if I missed something and just didn't understand what the fuck was going on. The second season was kinda comfy because the shithole they're in reminds me of home, but the MCs ability is the stupidest thing I've ever seen

S2 was great for the first 3 episodes.

Attached: yin.png (1002x1842, 971K)

>S3
>he draws more DtB doujins

Do be honest, I only kinda grew tired of it towards the end of the last episode, and then the girl dies and Heie gets is shit together and the show gets ready to go back to S1 and I was happy, so it was basically perfect.

Honestly, there was a lot that S2 did really well. I think what hurt it most is the fact it was 12 episodes only.

>I think what hurt it most is the fact it was 12 episodes only
And that was the main problem. It ended when it got good. If it was 24 episodes, than the first 12 would have been about emo-Hei coming back, and the last 12 episodes would have been normal Hei with no girl sidekick, doing batman stuff.

5 minutes left!

>20 minutes later
So it started and it's been going for 15 minutes

It's 3 hours long so we have time

in during absolutely fucking nothing happens and everyone is depressed over that fact.

So are we finally going to get a resolution to the fucking anti-christ being born in the last minute of s2?

The wait is killing me

I dont even remember that part...

3 hours? what the hell are they doing, having a masked orgy?

At most some anniversary art and merch.

The director, Okamura Tensai did mysteriously disappear from A1 pictures and he turned down to be the director for the recent sequels for Blue Exorcist and Nanatsu no Taizai, so there's that.

Holy shit check the official website.

Oh fuck it's happening

link?

Nani?

Don't play with my fucking heart like that

The Darker than Black website? I don't see shit there.

d-black.net/
But there only blu-ray

It was getting stale in here so I made sure to wake some of you up. Another 2 hours of this shit.

IT'S ON

Attached: 1512228001481.jpg (238x255, 11K)

I thought S3 happened a few years ago already (pic related)

Attached: HPFsWFx.jpg (1280x1154, 91K)

I KNOW I CAN KILL

Attached: sadboi.png (1000x1016, 994K)

>Another 2 hours of this shit.
Well then. Let's discuss why Yin is my waifu.

Attached: yan.png (1025x779, 220K)

>my waifu.
But she's my waifu.

Don't get your hopes up. You know nothing will happen

I have crippling depression.

Don't worry, guys, if they won't announce anything it means they're just waiting for the 15th anniversary.

Y-yeah

Cool, but she is also in my harem.

Attached: Moonlight harem.png (996x923, 1.18M)

Tensai Okamura is a hack.

>TFW no S3

He is and he isn't.

Attached: hei there.png (704x396, 164K)

I saw a interview which says Mari Okada, the writer of 2nd season wrote the scenario inspired by her experiences as a woman, especially the menstruacion.
Im disappointed because I feel that fact humiliates 1st season.
I respect the femininity and I like S2 characters , but in S2 she wanted to show only her originality and that ruined something important.
Maybe I wrote too much

>Mari Okada
She is a fucking hack that should be thrown out of the industry. All she can do is write cheap melodrama.

ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY

You wrote too much user!

You actually make a good point user.

Fuck! I wanted to see season 3 happen during my lifetime.

>still no announcement

We wait and pray. I don't know about you guys, but I already flew to Japan and made an offering at Karube Shrine, for DTB season 3 to be announced.

>expecting anything

Attached: 1501061072979.jpg (511x720, 163K)

A-any minute now.

Singles and it's live action announcement

Even if we don't get an announcement, I think I'm going to rewatch season 2 with a friend this week. I'm in the mood for some hearty cringe.

>darker than black live action remake exclusive to netflix
Please GOD no.

Attached: Now I've Lost It.gif (714x249, 98K)

>10 mins left
I'm losing it

Yea, this is what I'm thinking too. DTB live-action movie

It's nothing, it's dead.

>now we've lost it
>Okamura is kill
>the s3 exists but for a show you hate

Attached: 1514740228291.jpg (210x240, 22K)

RIP DtB.

What are you talking about? The talk isn't over, right? Please no.

Attached: 1393508345358.jpg (504x470, 127K)

I would love to see the guys who made John Wick, direct a live action DTB. They know how to do great action, style and they put a lot of love into their movies. Bonus points if Keanu is Hei.

Attached: john wick.jpg (940x529, 61K)

Well?!