When and why did KyoAni turn against moe? I feel betrayed...

When and why did KyoAni turn against moe? I feel betrayed, the studio that made my favorite anime (K-On) now only pumps out over-detailed pretentious melodrama and fujobait garbage. The designs in this upcoming Hibike movie just have no appeal.

Attached: 1520735883933.jpg (1037x632, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_BX4r6Td0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought you lot just eat whatever shit kyoani threw at you.

All the moe went into neck length.

>moefags are now internally conflicted by changes in their sameface
you shitcunts deserve every single bit of this

Attached: 1519460348707.gif (160x160, 493K)

Big eyes and low head to body ratio have already been perfected

Attached: GAKUEN-BABYSITTERS-3.png (1280x727, 792K)

moe is kill
00s finally is over

And skirt length. Why does KyoAni hate thighs now?

They're cuter all around though

You (a cumguzzling faggot) should really consider jumping off a high bridge.

Why are they doing a show about two worst characters, that nearly ruined Hibike S2?

Attached: 5eb.jpg (640x960, 38K)

Normalfag pandering instead of basement dwelling otaku pandering, most casuals aren't into excessive skin exposure

>most casuals aren't into excessive skin exposure
Only perverts and slut-lovers are into that.

when you create a monster, you have to destory it

The redesigns are cuter.

We already called you an idiot for making this complaint in the last thread. No need to create an entirely new one just so we can call you that again.

>a show

Attached: 1438891252803.jpg (320x320, 38K)

casuals and normalfags love kill la kill

dumb sakura poster

Dumber Anonymous.

I think long skirts are cute...

moe isn't just big eyes and blob faces you dumb faggot

Holy shit the new designs look so much better. Retards btfo

new designs are better though

>3DPD image
>ellipses
>btfo
Where do all these crossboarders come from?

Long skirts are the best tough

Attached: 949d25c5b353cb34cf0ee35a21f7307e.jpg (563x700, 105K)

They don't look that bad

K-on was originally aiming for the moe crowd, but ended up being a massive hit with normalfag girls. Since then, they've largely been running with the logic "otaku will watch anything with cute enough girls, so make a show relatable for girls and get both audiences".

They make usual seishun stuff for casuals or just straight up fujo stuff now. They completely stopped caring about these called moe otaku. It feels sad when the studio that you supported so much in the past totally ignore you to gain more mainstream recognition with normalfags.

>Howling about a studio starting to move on from gooey-eyed blobs as though it's a girl who cheated on you
Grow up

Enjoy your normalfag/fujo pandering user. I am not whining or anything for this change. It's just that it feels a bit sad seeing one of my favorite studio become like this.

Don't worry. Bang Dream will bring back the moe with Hare Hare Yukai.
youtube.com/watch?v=5_BX4r6Td0g

Yamada got great direction skills but bad taste in stuff.

The only relatively recent Kyoani anime I liked was Amaburi, is that moe?

>brainlets crying over obvious improvements
I knew KyoAni had a cancerous fanbase, but wew lad, this is golden

>girls are still cute and idealized
>When and why did KyoAni turn against moe?
I don't understand.

Attached: 1301607916716.jpg (433x380, 33K)

Can't say I like these new designs, if they are official. I'm not a fan of the faces but the legs especially are a disgrace. All that delicious meat shall be dearly missed.

They are official, but they're just for Liz and the Blue Bird. The other movie will look like normal.

Sadly, Nozomi was one of my favorite characters in terms of looks. I have no doubts that KyoAni will make it look good, though. It's just I liked all those healthy yet fit girls. The pool episode in Hibike's S2 was so good, holy shit.

there doing it to elevate the art.

Their last masterpiece was K-On!!, so whatever they're doing now isn't elevating the art.

Was K-On any good? Or is it just your nostalgia for the high school days in 2009? Be honest!

What a sad nerd.

Agreed, the new designs just aren't as good.

Same. They still look moe as fuck to me.

Seriously, what did they do to Reina?

Attached: reina giraffe.jpg (2208x1242, 95K)

Her name is Mei.

Bring back Asuka.

I hated high school. K-On!! was actually better when I rewatched it last year, and much better than anything KyoAni has done since.

It's good but they've done better afterwards.

The real question is why does KyoAni plump up their legs?

This beautiful shortstack body type is a no go in this movie, I guess? Damn shame.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hibike! Euphonium S2 - 13 [720p].mkv_snapshot_04.13_[2018.03.12_19.04.07].jpg (1280x720, 84K)

This can't be real.

Lower line count so I expect long and fluid shots. Shoujo necks so I expect some Yuri.
Fail to deliver either and it's shit.

Why can't people appreciate anime with less lines for their aesthetic values instead of assuming the necessity of a utilitarian purpose?

Because VEG exists. They should not raise the bar so high if they can't keep up.

VEG barely has any animation. More lines means less movement. It's not inherently better and it hasn't raised any bar, just watch any older OVA, they trash VEG with not only more lines but more shading.

Most of your brethren have moved on to Doga Kobo and have been shitting on KyoAni for years. Get with the times.

It makes my dick plump

Dogakobo went to shit after dropping Yuru Yuri, though.

>VEG barely has any animation
This is the funniest thing I read today.

More lines is not inherently better. Stop being dumb.

Compared to Nichijou, it's true, and guess what Nichijou has simpler designs

>it's not animation if things aren't moving super fast
Sakugabooru was a mistake.

Attached: 1168118147496.jpg (800x600, 58K)

VEG is a TV broadcast, the best looking one at that. They're screening the episodes on cinemas for christ's sake.
If their future MOVIES aren't going to keep up they should expect fair criticism.

VEG didn't raise any bar, even Hibike has better sakuga.
And Liz already looks better than it.

I never said that, retard. The amount of animation in Nichijou is just ridiculous, you wont find anything like webm related with complex camera movements and 2D background being animated in VEG simply because they're too detailed.

Attached: b5.webm (854x480, 2.89M)

Nice. Provide more examples.

I don't if they are "moe", but they are definitely cute.

Space Dandy, Mob Psycho, Hyouka

Most of recent Doga Kobo shows have been shit.

Let me have a go. Redline.

Attached: 004.jpg (416x453, 94K)

>I never said that, retard.
>proceeds to post a clip overblown, exaggerated animation
I guess everything needs to be said, after all. Kind of like how I never said that you sound like a moron for making such a statement.

Listen, I love Nichijou, but if you think VEG has "barely any animation" because it doesn't have things like that, you are indeed not very smart.

By the way, here.

Attached: VEG.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

VEG has animation but it's very bland to be honest. Nothing but static camera shots with uninspired angles, usually medium close ups or straight up face close ups. Full body animation is much harder to do I guess that's why they stick to boring framing. The two action sequences are badly choreographed as well. I hope Kyoani stays away from overly detailed designs in the future, they age like fucking milk, just look at OPs image, Hibike is not even 5 years old and the TV anime designs look like trash next to the new ones.

That is using CGI water and multi-plane backgrounds, they're not being animated the same way that Nichijou webm was.

Attached: multiplan-3.png (1319x635, 698K)

Eupho's character art was never good. It was always really generic and lame.

>you wont find anything like webm related with complex camera movements and 2D background being animated in VEG simply because they're too detailed
that's where you're wrong, kiddo

Attached: ce98eeca27b2f3619117c0726513cfd4.webm (640x360, 2.35M)

>VEG has animation but it's very bland to be honest.
This is exactly what I was talking about.
Whatever you preferred style of animation is, whether it's the kind you see in shows like the ones listed in , or the kind you see in VEG -- just because you like that particular method of animating, or attention to detail of movement, doesn't disqualify the other.

Also,
>Full body animation is much harder to do I guess
Thank you for proving that you're talking out of your ass.

Why are you posting a sequence from the CM that literally took two months to animate? The quality from that CM and what we currently have are completely different.

Kyoani is following the trend and trying to appeal the western Netflix executives.

They are just adjusting for the new times, with Netflix killing anime.

>Let me post the CM to prove him wrong
>Even though the anime looks like shit compared to it

I fucking loved Hibike's art. It was beautiful and not generic at all. But whatever, that's just my opinion, just like you have yours.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hibike! Euphonium S2 - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_07.41_[2018.03.12_18.51.23].jpg (1280x720, 102K)

What is this shit.

I don't mean the whole show looked like crap, but Ikeda is easily the most boring of KyoAni's character designers.

The rest of the cast. I don't love any of the new designs.

Attached: sapphire why.jpg (2208x1242, 187K)

I will give you that. But then again, Nichijou had a very unique style. So what. You claimed that VEG has close to no animation, which is obviously untrue.

You probably will.

Full body animation IS harder, though. That's why you only really see it prominently in high budget anime movies, golden/silver era Disney or in some non-Kyoani shows. This is why I always roll my eyes whenever someone claims Kyoani has the best animators in the industry. They make consistent but technically trivial animation, that's about it.

Attached: 9923.webm (640x344, 2.95M)

one more

Attached: ribbon and natsuki.png (1080x585, 632K)

People just autistically hate VEG to the point where they'll say completely nonsensical things about it. It can't be helped.

Attached: 1305717477768.jpg (280x278, 34K)

It looks better. Much better actually, as it allows for more complex facial expressions and hair/clothing fluidity.

Looks pretty bad.

You can't really go any better than this 11/10 rocking body.
I hope Reina is standing on something. Which she probably isn't because her knees are on the same level as Kumiko's.

Attached: hard.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

My biggest problem with VEG is that the animation is almost always limited to isolated body parts. Like, cut to a head tilting, cut to a hand moving, cut to the bottom of a dress moving every two seconds or something.

>Full body animation IS harder, though.
1. It can be far more difficult to animate something with intricate movements like hands or hair than it is to animate something you can navigate with lines of action like a torso, or a full form.
2. Everything is dependent on style, you braindead troll.

Please stop discussing things you have no knowledge about, and such no business discussing.

Attached: 1471733243577.webm (1440x810, 1.76M)

That is a technic made by Disney
Just to tell something

That's fucking bullshit. Hibike looked good but it was also mostly talking heads and legs, which are nowhere near the level of VEG.
The sakuga from Hibike comes from specific scenes and close shots of the instruments. Meanwhile every damn close up shot in VEG is pure god sauce and when it's not a close shot it still looks stunning.

A shame the story is trash

Unpopular truth

K-on wasn't even the best moe anime Kyoani ever did; Lucky Star was