This show has the shittiest ending to any anime that's ever existed

This show has the shittiest ending to any anime that's ever existed.

Attached: neon-genesis-evangelion-58000dfb00f7c.jpg (1000x1426, 756K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/anno_moyoco/status/972277918419140608/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=19077&start=320
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anno ran out of budget and was depressed out of his skull

I know, but they could have done almost anything else.

I still want a sequel though

Attached: valvrave-the-liberator-1264.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

What a brainlet

You are a brainlet if you think this ending was anything other than trash. It tries to be "muh philosophical" and examine the inner workings of Shinji's mind and show how he's grown as a person and justified his own existence to the people around him, but it conveniently forgets to actually wrap up the fucking storyline and explain anything that happened. Even the people who made it hated it and retconned it with future works and explained that they simply ran out of money. So basically, you're a fucking retard.

I think that this endless so bad, that i think it is good and became a fucking meme

Attached: IMG_20180312_153645.png (1080x847, 696K)

>u retard
>y u liek philosophy
>muh character storylines
How can someone be so pissed about such shitty details when EoE wraps everything up....
Why are contrarians in Eva threads always pretentious autistic retards ?

OP has gone full autistic, nice

Congratulations!

I think you're talking about pseudo intellectual armchair philosophers who mentally masturbate to things that look and sound smart and intelligent when they're really not to get a chance to look cool and stroke their own peen.

>Liking things makes you a pseud
Read a fucking book

I didn't understand it.

Shut up you fucking pleb. Go watch your moeshit. Eva is too deep for brainlets like you.

wow OP you really cracked it there, congrats on being superior in your opinion to the fans of the show

Attached: f3b.gif (279x205, 49K)

Which ending?
The TV one or End of Evangelion?

still looks better than a lot of modern shows

Attached: CXjykG8WYAA_XO_.jpg (1200x900, 170K)

Just watch The End of Evangelion. The movie really wraps things up like a present by the end.
>This show has the shittiest ending

Fail bait lol

Sounds like somebody hasn't seen End of Evangelion yet.

Attached: misato.jpg (584x576, 155K)

You're supposed to skip 25/26 and watch End of Evangelion instead.

I thought it was fine. Even if it was done because of budget reasons I think it does a good job of ending the series. I still like EoE more but the TV ending is still a pretty good way of portraying instrumentality. Maybe I only feel this way because I didn't watch it as it aired though. I can see why it could be anticlimactic to someone following the show as it aired.

Annos' cat Mighty Jack has passed away.
twitter.com/anno_moyoco/status/972277918419140608/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=19077&start=320

Attached: mighty jack rip.png (1043x675, 1.17M)

The End of Evangelion is fan service to give its brainlet audience a 'conclusive' ending to the plot because they can't stand the fact that this anime isn't about mechs

You plotfags really are the absolute worst fucking people, Eva is literally 2deep4u and the show isn't even particularity deep or hard to get
Brainlet

>they can't stand the fact that this anime isn't about mechs
okay?

>the plot doesn't matter
why were you even watching the show

the plot isn't the point of the show, it's a conduit to portray people making, breaking, and failing to have relationships with one another. The porcupine problem carries more weight in the show than most of the abstract symbolism or even the eva fights

The End of Evangelion exists because the creators knew the original ending was hot garbage created under poor conditions.

>Gainax can't into endings
wow, i can't believe anyone never realized this before! you guys must be geniuses or something.
panty stalkings is worst gainax ending

Episode 26 was always meant to be the ending.

>panty stalkings is worst gainax ending
That was obviously just a joke.

>Implying poor conditions or production mishaps can't produce a masterpiece
Thank you for exposing what an utter child you are

The last two episodes were complete trash though. Shit animation, babby-level philosophy, no resolution to any loose plot threads, shitty SOL school shit, and the fact that everyone gives Shinji a pat on the back for merely existing as if the whole scene was written by some "everyone gets a trophy" soyboy faggot are not components of a masterpiece.

>169698150
>The last two episodes were complete trash though. Shit animation, babby-level philosophy, no resolution to any loose plot threads, shitty SOL school shit, and the fact that everyone gives Shinji a pat on the back for merely existing as if the whole scene was written by some "everyone gets a trophy" soyboy faggot are not components of a masterpiece.
"you're just not smart enough to understand it"

>but it conveniently forgets to actually wrap up the fucking storyline and explain anything that happened
>explain anything that happened
>literally needing the creators to spoon feed you every little detail so you can get even the most basic rudimentary understanding.

Attached: 5677940D-7B15-4F67-B32D-C80233B8A775.png (866x900, 94K)

>literally needing the creators to spoon feed you every little detail so you can get even the most basic rudimentary understanding.
>actually explaining what happened in the end is "literal spoonfeeding"
Lmao NGE fags are the absolute worst. You know the ending was fucking retarded but you have to pretend that it was some grand philosophical work and that "most people just aren't smart enough to understand it" instead of admitting that it was a quick, careless wrap up by a company that had run out of money. When the creators of the show literallly admit the ending was retarded and you don't, what does that say about you?

>You plotfags really are the absolute worst fucking people, Eva is literally 2deep4u and the show isn't even particularity deep or hard to get
t.brainelt who can't into things going beyond BEHOLD MY NEW FORM* (*its not even his last)

You somehow missed every point the show was making. Congratulations, you could not be more retarded if you tried.

The ending is instrumentality, the thing they'd been hyping up since the beginning of the series.

>When the creators of the show literallly admit the ending was retarded
Source?

>The ending is instrumentality, the thing they'd been hyping up since the beginning of the series.
>instrumentality
So the ending served as an instrument for ending the show? Great analysis there retardoid.

t.brainletposting

Attached: 19DC189D-F854-416B-AE73-206DD0F9FA56.gif (250x250, 1.69M)

>has no argument and got blown the fuck out
>b-brainlet
Stay mad faggot child.

Attached: 1499482256996.jpg (398x500, 25K)

Bait confirmed.

Attached: hqdefault[3].jpg (480x360, 12K)

>Bait confirmed.
Retard who doesn't even understand the definition of the words he uses, confirmed.

Did you even watch the fucking anime or not?
That's important if we are to keep talking about the ending.

>So the ending served as an instrument for ending the show?
user wtf, even if it's bait you shouldn't do that.

> So the ending served as an instrument for ending the show?
Are you a new friend here?

Attached: 1514525296140-a.png (846x900, 448K)

Nice sentence you almost made there.

>being a plotfag in [current year]

Attached: EvaAsuka.png (853x480, 385K)

>Did you even watch the fucking anime or not?
>That's important if we are to keep talking about the ending.
What does you not knowing what the word instrumentality means have to do with me watching the ending or not? Pretty sure I did or I wouldn't have made the topic you dumb fuck.

>make sentence
Right user, whatever you want.

>I have a double digit IQ

LMFAO, if you don't know what instrumentality is then you obviously missed the whole point of the anime.

>LMFAO
Fuck off.

Yep.

Soul eater
And if you don't believe me read the manga

Soul Eater's manga ending is good though.

I actually prefer the anime one

No, you make a sentence, not 'make sentence'. I do hope English isn't your first language.

I legitimately think the series ending is better than EoE.

(you)

me too
Even though EoE may be ground breaking or avant garde, 25&6 address the core themes of the anime and doesn't even bother with the context which it's in because it's simply irrelevant

Anyone have that side by side comparison of a load of the original and the touched up scenes?

Me too, I think that the unification of mankind cannot be imagined otherwise than as an abstraction

Attached: raBQA9XGpXg.jpg (540x960, 60K)

I hate you people so much

it really does. but EOE fixes that.

They ran out of money

>shittiest ending to any anime that's ever existed
See:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Panty and Stocking
FLCL
It's not even the worst ending by Gainax

What was wrong with FLCL's ending?

>people itt unironically think 25' wasnt the best thing Anno ever did

how much of a dense contrarian you must be

There's nothing wrong with any of those endings.

What? End of Evangelion is the best ending to pretty much any work of fiction ever created.

People say this, but is there any proof? The interviews I read rather point to time constraints.

well were gonna get our 3rd ending here pretty soon...

Then why have even have a plot? He could have just made a guide on how to overcome depresssion or written a short essay on it. Obviously he weaved it into a narrative though.

It has literally perfect ending

For a faggot like you maybe.

>two great endings
>op hates both
Do you even like the show?

Attached: 1510572673597.png (1440x1080, 3.49M)

This will boost 4.0's production.

I don't like the NGE ending because I don't care for Shinji at all, since ep 8 Asuka is the main character for me

great, more weird feline Evangelion transformations
forget having an interesting plot with a satisfactory conclusion, we need more asuka in cat ears

Attached: 1515314082983.jpg (1024x768, 54K)

>Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
How?

They had bugeted everything but fell behind schedule,and couldn't break the budget to hire freelancers to keep up the work.
So they blew their load by episode 23 and then the rest was all introspective sage-time because they couldn't complete enough inked cels to manage everything normally, hence the storyboard PV, the overly dramatic pauses of 60-90s, lots of far away/extreme close-ups to avoid animating mouth flaps, and reusing animation for the 2 finale episodes, pissing off a ton of people but success allowed them to make a "real" ending in EoE.

How did you feel when she became a vegetable?

>retconned
Not what the word retcon means. The TV ending is still fully canon.

You haven't seen Kare Kano

Why set up a joke instead of just throwing the punchline?

It's about setting up a narrative, a perspective, a fucking backdrop. I'm not going to even consider if the EVAs and angels themselves were metaphors of some sort because that would be some head up the ass tier shit but judging from the direction the anime took in the end and that the End of Evangelion was still diving into human relationship and stuff seemed to be the overarching theme. Even in EoE, the ending itself was just irrelevant to the main point.
The film even shows a few minutes of IRL Japan, of the empty theater (which just happened to be the main setting of the last 2 episodes in the anime). Does that somehow contribute to your plot?

The plot is irrelevant in Eva, and that's the point.