ITT: annoying contrarianism

>FMA is better than FMA: B
>the original hellsing is better than the OVA

Attached: nagd.jpg (736x858, 65K)

I seriously doubt anyone unironically holds this opinion

You know, the Hellsing TV series did have a superior soundtrack. Though ultimately ultimate is better.

Hellsing Ultimate is shit.

truly based

Attached: FullMetalManga.jpg (350x475, 41K)

>subs are better than dubs

>ITT: opinions I don't like.

It is not an opinion, it is a fact.

FMA:B is just another simple battle shonen, while FMA 2003 it is still a shonen, but has some mature points, which makes it better than any other shonen.

You'd be really surprised

There are a lot of subs better than dubs, the contrarian part comes into play when someone says an obvious superior dub (Cowboy Bebop for example) isn't better than the sub.

Same can be said for:
Hellsing TV series and Ultimate
Berserk
Samurai Champloo
Black Lagoon
Gurren Lagann
Trigun
Dragon Ball series
Code Geass
Black Butler
Fate series

I know I'm missing a lot fucking more.

Hellsing Ova Dub > Sub
FMA: B Dub > Sub

Agreed?

Attached: 1520702057449.jpg (1280x853, 195K)

It's much much better directed

Better direction in exchange for trash script

Anything with Steve Blum and Crispin Freeman in it automatically makes it better than the sub. No one can argue against this.

90% of the time any anime set in Europe or has a Europe-inspired setting will be better dubbed than subbed.

Hellsing sub >>>> dub
Crispin fakeaccentman does not compare to George at all

Joji's a good VA but he's not as good as Crispin. Saying he has a fake accent isn't an argument. Also if you want to talk about the entirety of Hellsing's VA you still have Integra, Walter, Seras, Schrodinger, Rip Van Winkle, Luke Valentine, Jan Valentine, Alhambra, Alexander Anderson, and the one and only Major. All are undoubtedly better dubbed than subbed.

Forgot Pip
Of course this list is the entirety of better voices, not the whole cast itself.

>Naruto is the best and you only dislike it beacuse it's popular

>OPM manga is better than the anime

Attached: 1508964736401.png (350x378, 84K)

>Dragonball is better than DBZ

I've compared the dub an sub of hellsing ultimate and the soundeffects are noticably worse in the dub. Did any one else notice this or should I change my totally legal download source?

>SAO, Re:Zero, SnK and Steins;Gate are bad series
>OPM, MP100, FLCL and the Monogatari series are good
Pretentious artsy people deserve the rope.

I can give SAO the benefit of a doubt and say it was alright until the fairy shit was introduced.

It is. It is a lot more balance.

The fairy arc was pretty shit but It wasn't anything special. It just turned into generic forgettable fantasy.

>Because of one bad arc the entirety of Berserk is irredeemable

tbqh i liked fma over fma:b for the simple fact that the tucker arc was handled so much better. yeah the ending wasnt good, and there were some strange developments, but i wasnt gripped by fma:b at any point like how i was with fma and that one arc. besides the ending, none of fma was actually terrible by any stretch.

>manga is always better than the anime

>Teenage emotions shit
>More mature
>FMA:B alchemical philosophy, deep psychology symbolism, alchemy traditions of west and east used as story and not just battle gimmick

You saw FMA:B only as battle shounen because anything deeper needs to be open and explained to you with sulking characters.

Or better yet
>Berserk should've ended with the Golden Age arc

But that's true

Don't put Mob in the same category with the rest of the crap you mentioned.
But this is actually the case 99% of the time, well, when manga is the source material at least.

The pacing and tone of FMA is leagues better then FMA:B. Although the story is better the execution of FMA:B was a mess. Can't have a serious moment without someone turning in to SD mode and yelling about a misunderstanding 5 seconds later.
FMA:B is so frustrating because it feels like one step forward and two steps back.

Both Alphonse and Ed sound bad in dub. Alph squeaky voice sounds like someone doing a parody not a serious attempt it's too much. And Ed voice cracks when he yells make me wanna mute the sound.

>Rei is more developed as a character than Asuka
I have nothing against Rei, but come the fuck on.

Only thing I agree with on that list is Monogatari. That shit is shameless is I hate it.
Everything else you need to hang for.

>an anime adaptation is better than its original manga
The height of contrarianism.

No one actually believes this, right?

Go to any EVA thread with more than 100 replies and you'll find the argument of which is better.
Every time.

IT'S BEEN 20 FUCKING YEARS AND WE STILL ARGUE OVER IT

Attached: IMG_7640.jpg (1024x576, 62K)

the homunculi were a lot better done in FMA , Wrath and Sloth in particular

Xing stuff was unnecessary pandering, could just have been substituted for ishbalites

to this day , the most powerfull scene in FMA stands (above Hughes Death/Ed sacrificing his arms etc) as Edward digging up his mothers bones. still gives me chills every time.

It is. The actual appeal of FMA B eludes me. When I finished it I thought it was an ok battle shonen.

Like it's something I watched when I was too old to really get into it.

>Freeman Kyon better than Sugita Kyon
No

I refused to ever give Hellsing Ultimate a shot because I didn't like how it looked art wise compared to the original OVA.

>people defending dub
>people defending original donut steel content over manga adaptation

Attached: 1520591841788.png (398x309, 122K)

It's more like read/watch the original publication of the work you're consuming. You wouldn't read the Summer Wars manga over the anime would you?

>evangelion series finale is better than EoE

To be fair, it does have a lot of really good fight scenes.

>muh grorious nippon monkey noises
>muh mango faggotry

Attached: 1487083849060.jpg (700x525, 231K)

hellsing tv show soundtrack is way better.i also think the pace might be better than the ovas.
fma, i actually really liked the craziness of the concept they came up with and love that final movie but its a show that drags quite a bit while b: is much leaner and easier to go through.

I agree that FMA:B is the better anime, and what you said is technically right, but holy shit does this comment read like that Rick and Morty copypasta.

>muh poorly made colorful slideshow

>contrarianism
this is how you know you've lost.
FMA is much better than Brotherhood. Brotherhood tries to fly though the stuff FMA covered and made a genuine attempt to avoid "sad" moments even if they made sense narrative. The artstlye and animation is also inferior.

Gurren Lagann's dub is a tub of hot ass.

>The actual appeal of FMA B eludes me
underage people like it.

fma is better than fmab, how can you argue otherwise?

>The actual appeal of FMA B eludes me
It's baby's first anime

I still like it, and I'm 27. It's a good manga.

you are eternally underage.

Attached: 1520562255392.jpg (569x422, 133K)

Right, says some random shitposter on Sup Forums

The manga and FMA:B are objectively better. The story line is far more interesting and genuine. In FMA, where they deviate from the manga is where everything goes downhill, leading to a very unsatisfying ending.
inb4 muh AU germany

'Muh first anime' causes you to have really retarded opinions.

>In FMA, where they deviate from the manga is where everything goes downhill,
No it doesn't. FMA manga goes downhill the moment it it get's into stuff not covered in the first anime it's a total childish mess.

>anyone better than Wakamoto as Anderson
Horrible taste.

>Military affairs, giant transmutation circle secretly built for years, different nations being involved, Eds faltering hope, homonculus properly portrayed, the idea "is sacrifice really worth it?"
>Childish

Attached: 1517070196467.jpg (360x360, 26K)

>Cowboy Bebop for example
Nope. Only good thing about it was Steve blum. And half of those are wrong so you can eat shit

Attached: 1501117001397.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

Yeah those are great VA but that is not true especially if two of those are only good things on dub

>Alexander Anderson
>hating God-tier Wakamato

Attached: 1499885165583.png (570x425, 298K)

Jet's voice actor is better than Steve Blum.

>muh grorious nippon monkey noises
I mean i can't blame people not liking american dubs because 99% VA of those are a shit. And i am not saying america doesn't have good VA, those good ones either left long time ago and are in video games and western cartoons

Yeah no.

both hellsings suck so you might as well go with the one that has a kino OST
And FMA is better than Brothershit

Dragonball is better though, but both are pretty alright.

>claiming that flcl and the monogatari series are bad
there's your annoying contrarianism right here

Manga > FMA > Shit > Brotherhood

I completely agree, why are people still talking about that? Evangelion is a worse RahXephon anyway. Now THAT was a real arguing shitfest.

>giant transmutation circle secretly built for years
that was pretty childish in retrospect.
anything involving convoluted plans spanning several generations typically are.

>one piece isn't shit

>if it's popular, it's Reddit!

Attached: 842.png (200x401, 23K)

Still doesn't prove it wrong tho.

The real pity is that people didn't read the manga for either FMA or Hellsing, as those are superior to their animated adaptations.

Preferring the anime is an opinion that exists?

Anyone who says a series is better than b series.

FMA had very little manga to go off of and they paced things correctly.

FMA: B had too much manga to cover and rushed through the story

Original Hellsing has such a baller OST for sure.

>pandering
Cringe

redditards whining about people having different opinions combined with dub recommendation thread
thank god mods banned template threads, sadpanda and djt though
it was bigly lowering the quality of this great board
this is my contribution to the thread
thank you

Attached: 1519166107599.png (672x752, 346K)

imagine being this retarded.
Also FMA:B ended like shit

Outside of a few bad episodes, I prefer FMA over Brotherhood by a mile.

>into play when someone says an obvious superior dub (Cowboy Bebop for example) isn't better than the sub.
>ruins several characters so kiddies wouldn't get bored
>good dub
The show practically got 4kids'd in the dub

If that OC is better than anything in the manga, then I'm all for it. The manga is not infallible and isn't the end-all-be-all of quality.

I actually believed this meme and started watching FMA today. Just finished 8th episode and I absolutely detest it. It's even somehow managing to make me hate Edward, a character I love. So I'll agree with you here, this is a fucking annoying contrarian stance.

Attached: 1519152985597.jpg (338x350, 43K)

That random shitposter gave an accurate approximation of you as a person.

>SAO is the worst anime ever

Attached: 1518876643898.jpg (654x702, 34K)

All of that was covered better in the 03 anime. The homunculi were handled better, military shit was better, the conflict that Ed had to face was done better, and the ideas about sacrifice were better addressed. The random Asians were unnecessary to the story and diluted it. Xing added nothing to the political aspect of the story. The giant transmutation circle was stupid/

@169709185
Weak bait not even worth a (you)

It's pretty bad, not literally the worst, but it's terrible.

You don't watch a lot of anime, in that case. Compared to the shit I watch season to season, SAO's first 15 episode are actually enjoyable. But at least in the western online communities, SAO being anything but the worst is unthinkable.

Attached: 1513723466749.png (2396x1616, 254K)

But the Hellsing series was better than the OVA...