Why does Hollywood even bother producing live action anime when they always bomb at the Box Office?

Why does Hollywood even bother producing live action anime when they always bomb at the Box Office?

Attached: CxOX33PWEAAUTrk.jpg (471x500, 24K)

Because always often becomes sometimes.

Bad angle.

>Hollywood fucks doing this to one of my most favourite and cherished animes of all time

this makes me very angry

Someone thought it could make money. Not every business person is a successful person of business nor is every business venture successful. Being a fan of anime you should know that more than anyone. How many flops does this industry put out every year?

>bad angle
no matter how you look at it. a box car is still a box car

I wanna rub ScarJo's belly

Attached: infinite.gif (480x270, 347K)

Why do bother to learn to walk if you just fall on your face?

I saw Dragon Ball Evolution at the cinema.

>Pork in the shell

Not as bad as Fist of the North Star

Attached: 6936178.3.jpg (500x704, 96K)

Dragonball Evolution is still one of my favorite bad movies to watch. It's such a failure in every conceivable way that I have fun every time.

>animes
get out

How do you think Your Name will turn out?

Attached: DKxejDfU8AEmOSB.jpg (910x480, 98K)

It's my language, I pluralise whatever the fuck I want

>Ghost in the Taco Shell

Still bettern then coming up with a new franchise, if it did good they could make thousands more, who cares if they lost a bit of money?

They're trying to create another trend similar to the capeshit one going on right now.

thicc

Imagine being the Puppet Master in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Motoko Kusanagi, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your flabby body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally merge my consciousness with you, both my ghost and the real me." when all he really wants to do is hack another loli sexbot in the red light district. Like seriously imagine having to be the Puppet Master and not only sit in that chair while Kusanagi flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that stance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, KUSANAGI LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been hacking nothing but a healthy diet of foreign diplomats and politicians and later Section 9 staff for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Section 6. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and merge with her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the Minister of Foreign Affairs calls for another hacking, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the cyberpolice could shut you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're the fucking Puppet Master. You're not going to lose your future ghost over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Attached: 1479356945109.jpg (471x500, 17K)

Sempai noticed me!!
Sempai Sempai Sempai !!!
Sempai, want to come over to my house and watch some animes ??!!!

Probably fine, it was already a pretty standard teen drama movie. Would probably work better as the Hollywood schlock it was meant to be.

Because they want to do the same thing they did with comic books in terms of making them mainstream and profiting from them in the west in general and US in particular and they're hoping they'll eventually get their Spiderman.

Powerful boomer mentality prevents mainstream movie goers from seeing anything anime, even if the source material is good. So Hollywood just takes the concepts and transforms them into something palatable for normies.

But in the process, they Rootless Cosmopolitan the fuck out them.

Still mad that Flip Flappers flopped.

To you.

They know the superhero movie craze is going to die so they want to lay the ground for the next big craze.

it amaze me they havent tried any mecha yet.
its so easy to adapt and being sucessful, pacific rim is an icon sinmply because no one else did it first.

yet there is that power rangers movie and you wonder what the fuck is wrong with these producers.... wanna know why they always suck? wanna know why fantastic four is destinated to always fail? why matrix did it well while and star wars makes so much profit despite all being absolute trash?

they all are made with no passion at all.
they are shit because they are exactly what they look like, shit adaptation made to appeal to no one and just make a few bucks.

dragon ball evolution could have vin deisel as picoro fighting jade smith as goku and ian mckellen as muten roshi, but if it lacks passion it will flop everytime.

Because they're creatively bankrupt kikes who want to rip off successful Asian franchises without being legally beholdent to any particular title.

They're trying to mitigate risk as much as possible. It's why there are so many remakes, reboots, sequels, and adaptations. It is in their minds "safer" to try and make a film based on an existing successful work than to try and make something new.

They really are desperate to subvert anime and manga.
I see this all the time on social media all these people trying to cut in front of the japanese creators and present their bullshit as real anime.
Its not even the fact that Hollywood or whoever copies or pay homage to anime.
Its that they ripoff anime and then completely pozz it up and present it as the genuine article.

if jews understood what it means to push their interests too far, there wouldn't have been a holocaust

I have no idea why they can never get the idea right. More often than not, they have a source material to work with. They tried multiple times, but they always fuck up somewhere in between. And I am not talking about the damn whitewashing because I don't care about that. I want an actor that can do the role right, not diversity.

>They really are desperate to subvert anime and manga.
This. It's about gaining control over yet another medium for cultural and ideological propagation. Anime has been free of (((their))) influence and thus spreads ideas outside of (((their))) control. In fact, it has been spreading Japanese culture and ideology. You can see why (((they))) would find this disconcerting, as Japanese culture, and Asian cultures in general, are very traditional, patriarchal, idealistic, and honor-oriented, all qualities (((they))) have worked the better part of a century trying to snuff out in (((the west))).

Attached: 1488703206407.png (801x601, 570K)

i knew some brackets faggot would come in and ride off my post.
Kys you stupid piece of shit.

exactly. as far as Motoko, they would have been a thousand times better off with some no-name actress that had the right physique and personality to just nail the role.
i don't know that much about Scarlett and don't mush about her either way, but i knew instantly she was the wrong person for the role.
for as much as they shit on the franchise, they might as well have put Whoopie Goldberg in the role of Motoko

no. fuck (((you)))

Attached: -Rat-Race-rat-race-37141201-450-189.gif (450x189, 387K)

Think about it this way, if you have a live action adaptation of an anime, would you rather have an great actor, who read the source material from cover to cover, and is the biggest fucking fan of the series, but is white or black or whatever, or would you rather have an asian actor who knows shit about it because "muh diversity"?

The only good Anime/Manga adaptions were
Rurouni Kenshin,Edge of Tommorow and Oldboy(2003)

Hollywood is copying anime left and right. It's just not always obvious. From The Matrix to Pacific Rim to Ready Player One, these films are taking ideas already found to work in anime and "repurposing" them to fit in a live action Hollywood movie. And they become successful.

So the next logical step for the lazy, no risk taking Hollywood producer is "If a movie copying anime can do so well, why not just reboot the anime itself!" Especially with how well rebooting Disney movies into live action is going. So they do it...and it fails. Then they just blame the fanbase for not supporting it instead of their inability to recreate what people liked about the original anime.

tl;dr Hollywood keeps repeating their mistakes. Be thankful ADV died before getting that Eva trilogy made.

Attached: Rei.jpg (250x100, 14K)

Shit like this is why the west needs to die

she's going to need a bigger shell

>capeshit
I don't understand why they wanted to turn SJW Sup Forums mainstream. Animes is so much more progressive and liberal and varied in style.

PORK

Wasn't she pregnant while filming this movie? It'll make sense for her to look like that then.

Holywood is a propaganda factory
Propaganda doesnt pay for itself the people aren't so eager to go see propaganda and Holywood aer bleeding money, their profits are at all time low.
So they are desperate for the popular franchises to parasitise upon
>Star wars
>Blade runner
>GITS
They managed to make even the Star Wars unpopular which is not an easy feat.

However the idea of making GITS was DOA
>Let's take a literal 10/10 legendary masterpiece of animation
>And make a mediocre movie out of it
Who the fuck needs a mediocre regurgitation of a godlike original? Anybody who cares can just rewatch the real GITS any time.

If hollywood wasn't so shitty nowadays
anime adaptations wouldn't bother me much
like what if David Fincher made Ghost In the Shell
or Christoper Nolan directs Akira

Adapt those works to their own style while being true to their core themes

Kej

I'd honestly rather watch the Ghost in the Shell movie (not this crap) or Stand Alone Complex, than the live adaptation movie.

Forgot to add, some producers like Uwe Boll and Del Toro are fucking obsessed with anime and keep pushing to make movies for known IPs. But lack the understanding of why taking an animated product and making it live action isn't going to work. Hollywood really has such a prejudice against animation that they think they're "improving" something by turning it into a live action movie. Yet don't get the irony of having to use $100 million in CGI animation to make it work, when the original anime cost $5 million and was already animation.

Hollywood is run by people with tons of money and very little sense. Only a matter of time before we see a live action remake of this.

Attached: yakkuru.jpg (396x250, 25K)

No, ride a bike, gas a kike

They're doing the exact same thing with video games, it's worth noting that this isn't exclusively an anime phenomena. Though the fact that vidya is now a competing industry of equal size did kind of put the breaks on it to a degree.
There's this odd mentality in Hollywood that used to be a thing elsewhere that something's not 'a real franchise' until it's a movie franchise. Like it adds legitimacy. Like that's when it becomes a big boy IP. I can't think of a better example of how wrong this mindset is than ScarJo in the Shell.

hollywood shills out

satan speaks the truth

It isn't for the Western audience, it's for the Chinese audience. Same reason why Transformers movies still get made.

>it amaze me they havent tried any mecha yet.
They did. Pacific Rim and, depending on how loose your term mecha is, Reel Steel, Sealth, Matrix and a ton of other things. Theyu're just not doing Gundam yet. But trust me, it'll happen someday.

I'm really dreading Battle Angle.

There's a movie coming out?

It's literally written like a teen romance for tweens so I don't see why it would be much different in hollywood form.

There were plans for a Gundam live action movie around 1983 I think. Syd Mead was gonna work on it. Probably how he met the right people to work on Turn A eventually.

100% chance it's going to be interracial. Guess what kind of interracial.

>lol let's make her eyes really big for no reason while everyone else is played by a live action actor ANIME RITE GUYZ!?

Attached: what_mu.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

We need more live action adaptations with body positive actresses like this.

Attached: beautiful at any size!.jpg (1204x1141, 380K)

I see a lot of people come up with excuses as to why Alita/Gally alone should have disproportionate eyes and it never ends up making much sense.

Attached: eyes.jpg (225x269, 42K)

I'd rather have one that can fucking act. Being familiar with the source material doesn't guarantee a good performance.

I mean, being familiar with the source material was part of the first option. But yeah, I'd also rather have a fucking good actor than diversity.

Black woman, native American man.

>Uwe Boll obsessed with anim

How bout no, you so fucking wrong it frigged my autism?

Uwe Boll did pretty much videogame adaptations and was financed mostly to exploit a loophole in German law (think The Producers and thats the gist of things) and kinda been dead, he is mostly a Sup Forums thing due to how he handled Alone in the Dark, he is kinda of a nobody and have a pretty bad reputation to the point his bid to make a Warcraft movie was refused.

He never made or claimed to wanting to make some anime movie.

Even the behind the scenes producers couldn't come up with a logical reason for it.

Asian girl + White guy could be genuinely good and successful.
But it won't happen.

Tekken movie was absolute shit and had nothing to do with Tekken

>Non black minorities

It will never happen because Hollywood hates Asians. Especially if its an anime adaptation, all the characters have to be any race besides Japanese. The lack of Asians in Hollywood is the prime way you can call them out on their diversity pandering.

How does it feel to be an old ass faggot

i bet malcolm mcdowell regrets that every week

yeah, asians don't even count as minorities since they don't live on welfare

If you want to see the depths of hell watch the King of Fighters adaptation

>Alone in the Dark
for some reason i don't remember hating this; am i pic related?

Attached: 1516156856520.png (2254x892, 1.21M)

More that Tank Girl?

>implying nips don't churn out 100x the amount of garbage live action adaptations

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, and you are cancer that needs to be bled from this website.

>hollywood never copies anime/manga that would be easy to do
perfect blue adaptation was pretty good, tho. portman and kunis are kino as fuck.

>how to announce a report without announcing a report
We get it. You have such a low sense of self-worth that you need to put other people down to feel normal. I don't sympathize with you. What a pathetic existence.

tank girl was fun

As much as I NEVER want Hollywood to adapt any anime, they could adapt You're Under Arrest pretty easily. Esecially with their obsession with female empowerment and police procedurals. But see, they would ruin it precisely because they would turn it into a feminist rant, rather than the light-hearted slice of life comedy the original was.

But again, I really don't want them to fucking touch this.

Attached: [a-s]_you're_under_arrest_-_47_-_time_limit__rs2_[E8ACC3B1].mkv_snapshot_20.03_[2016.07.31_21.2 (640x480, 43K)

I never watched it, a lot of the hate was I think because it was 2005 and there was already been Tomb raider, Wing Commander, and then come Doom, DOA, Hitman ... it was when movies based on Videogames were being a thing, none were very good.

I did watch the Tomb Raider movie and the Wing Commander movies so I can understand why people werent keen on him because that was pretty much all he did.

This.
Not to mention that Hollywood is predominantly composed of the race that actively promotes racism.

they obviously do but they at least understand the source material and usually try to make something different to its new adaptation

I'm sure he cries into his millions every night.

Whites?

that could work. but you right, they would find some way to ruin it.

>Not to mention that Hollywood is predominantly composed of the race that actively promotes racism.
Blacks only make up like 5% of Hollywood. But those few black people are the exact people trying to revive race hate in America.

film majors?

Established IP = already have viewers + easier to come up with story/setting + easy to generate hype. They'll keep on trying until they find the golden formula like they did with superhero movies until the success of X-men and Spider-man.

>They'll keep on trying until they find the golden formula like they did with superhero movies
Dragon Ball was their best chance and they failed. I can't imagine them having much success with other series, since many of them are unknown in the states(One Piece would also flop hard)

>Established IP = already have viewers + easier to come up with story/setting + easy to generate hype.
The problem with this is, they do everything possible to piss off those established fans and remake the product to appeal to the Transformers/Marvel sheep. So it's ultimately self defeating.

What's even more dumb is the major studios like Universal and Disney already have their hands in funding and producing anime directly in Japan. So making live action adaptations are effectively competing with themselves.

>They'll keep on trying until they find the golden formula like they did with superhero movies until the success of X-men and Spider-man.
True. At least they'll try. But it hasn't worked for any anime or video game adaptation yet. How many dozens of failures will they try before they admit defeat (or go bankrupt)?

Attached: [SMC] Sailor Moon R 55 (R1 DVD.H264.AC3) [CD7C3025].mkv_snapshot_20.22_[2015.10.10_19.15.47].jpg (640x480, 36K)

>Bladerunner
user that movie wasn't propaganda, it was truely a film only men could understand,

If they get a hit they got their new cash cow/cinematic universe to milk forever.

Can you imagine every anime ever being a part of a single universe?

They did a live action Gundam and boy was that terrible. I believe it was a Canadian film financed by bandai but not directly named Gundam.

The single universe shit is precisely what prevented comic book movies from launching for years anyway. Can't appease comic readers who have the autistic canon and continuity locked in their head and a general audience who assumes each particular hero exists in his own universe except for iconic crossings like Batman and Superman or Spiderman and Daredevil.