Robot scans

Hey Sup Forums, I made a scanlation robot, it sucks but it's usable, check it out.

The site may break at some point so be warned.
robotscanlations.com/

Attached: 0039.jpg (842x1232, 501K)

bumping once and then letting it die.

what is the point of this

To scanlate everything. This is just the first step.

what the fuck have you brought into this world

We may have different definitions of "usable".

Probably, my standards are pretty low.

Come back when you have something that actually looks promising.

In your case, it seems more like a completely lack of standards.

This was more to gauge what was was wrong with it so far. My tests can only do so much. And the samples that have been put in so far are broader than I assumed when I first started the project. Essentially I'm learning from the failures.

It'll get better though. Thanks for trying it.

Long shot but mind explaining a little bit about your methods before the thread inevitably die? I'm assuming a kind of machine learning is involved.

opencv, tesseract, japanese dictionary, and bubble finding based on text locations nearby other text locations. you should be able to put the rest together. no machine learning. I don't think it's necessary yet.

I don't know what language it's translating to but it isn't English. Such an ugly duwang.

Attached: 02_120[1].jpg (1116x1600, 652K)

Still a better translation than:
Sup Forumsnonymous
LHTranslations
Kirei Cake
Hyakuro Translations
Hatigarm Scans
Raven Scans
Psycho Play
And there's probably some more that I'm forgetting.

Fuck off.

>American retard reliance on their machines

why not a more reliable japanese OCR that you can copy-paste?

>opening an image hosting service to the net
you know somebody's gonna put cp on your server, right?

why would they do that?

For the lulz, as the kids used to say.

I was going to suggest baby steps and work on just the translating before everything else, but I'm sure we both know OP won't be listening to any suggestions

OP here,

you have the right idea. I was going to get better text bubble placement and translation next. Correctly locating the text bubble is crucial for proper translation.

t. niggerstream

I apologize then

If you can, also make it easier for the program to recognize kanji that you can copy and look up, like abbyy and kanjitomo.

did you want the print out of the text or something next to the image?

ur good senpai.

I just came back from reading a otome visual novel with a really terrible machine translation, the only thing I have to say is death to the machines

Attached: ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT.png (833x652, 658K)

Maybe in another 5-10 years the machines will be good enough.

I was thinking the printed-out text being similar to the translation bubbles in danbooru, except said text could also be the original kanji ocr'ed.

something like that could allow people to submit things it got wrong, would that be helpful for improving it or does however it works mean that it wouldn't?

If you really wanted to, I'm sure you could set up something user driven and make the user click the speech bubbles. Then feed the results into a machine learning program to improve accuracy.