Was everything after Raoh's death pointless?

Was everything after Raoh's death pointless?

Attached: 1452404390180.jpg (620x621, 131K)

Yes, pretty much.

Everything after Raoh's death was the result of editorial mandates.

Also, Fist of the North Star thread.

I wouldn't know, I stopped reading right there.

>congratulations kenshiro, you beat the strongest guy in a country of weaklings. Now how about you visit the continent full of the strongest people in the world? even the weakest man in the land of demons is stronger than anyone you've ever faced before
>they act and die like regular thugs
>btw, kenshiro was born in this land and raoh has an autistic edgelord brother

It felt so weird, like it was just reverting back to the first arc when kenshiro was already a god among men at that point. The only thing thats came close to that level of weird story telling is the ali arc in baki. That arcs where my motivation died after that arc and i've skimmed through the final one and seen the ending which was also dumb

fpbp
It's pretty clear that Buronson intended to end it there, because it satisfyingly completes everything.

no. The asura arc was worth reading but not as good as what came before it.

Raoh was an overrated, dishonorable asshole anyway.
FACT: Raoh was a bully and a coward who trembled in fear in front of Fudoh and needed his men to kill Fudoh with crossbows. If Raoh had any honor he would have killed himself like he originally ordered his men to do if he stepped backwards in fear but he didn't do because not only is he a coward he also has no honor or integrity and easily goes back on his word.

Those are the cold hard FACTS. Raoh worshippers will deny this out of butthurt because "hurr he died standing up making a cool pose that means he's the greatest guy ever"

Was you reading it at mach speed or something? That's not what happened with Fudoh at all.

Raoh's ambition wouldn't let him commit suicide just like that

>i've skimmed through the final one and seen the ending
you know nothing of Javert

>I'm able to go back on my word because of my ambition
lol raoh apologists

that's precisely what happened. You're the one who apparently can't remember what happened.

Fuck you and die.

Attached: 009.jpg (610x1016, 233K)

how is this page meant to prove me wrong?
>FACT: Raoh was a bully and a coward who trembled in fear in front of Fudoh and needed his men to kill Fudoh with crossbows. If Raoh had any honor he would have killed himself like he originally ordered his men to do if he stepped backwards in fear but he didn't do because not only is he a coward he also has no honor or integrity and easily goes back on his word.

This is what I said, this is what happened and nothing you post proves anything to the contrary.
I didn't say that raoh ordered his men to kill fudoh, I said that raoh needed his men to kill fudoh. Which he did because because he was instinctively running away from fudoh.
the fact remains:
> If Raoh had any honor he would have killed himself like he originally ordered his men to do if he stepped backwards in fear but he didn't do because not only is he a coward he also has no honor or integrity and easily goes back on his word.

So you eat shit, raoh cocksucker.
The guy you're dickriding so hard is a coward with no honor or integrity who goes back on his word.

You're already brain dead, user.

>even the weakest man in the land of demons is stronger than anyone you've ever faced before
No everyone there literally says none of them are stronger than Raoh. Even Kaioh and Kenshiro himself admit Raoh was stronger.

>raoh cocksucker. The guy you're dickriding so hard
that's strange; I don't like Raoh

>who goes back on his word
That's strange, because these are his words and nothing that he said or did contradicted them in any way
It's strange; I don't seem to recall him saying "I will kill myself if I step backwards", but I suppose that you would know better than I

Attached: 009.jpg (596x1018, 263K)

Not really. It's fun but it accomplishes very little and I always have felt Asura existing and making the Hokuto brothers literal ubermensch kinda a bad decision. The Falco arc was cool though and this the goofy shit that came in Asura could be pretty entertaining like pic related.

Are you blind? Raoh himself believes he should have died in that fight because he met a man who was greater in conviction than his currently shaky mental state and he considers his fight against Fudou to be a loss. It's similar to Raoh vs Kenshiro where they locked themselves in place in a battle to the death where despite Raoh being stronger he left more wounded because Kenshiro had zero sense of self preservation or regret in what he had to do, he was aiming to kill Raoh or in the least seal his fist while Raoh was in a mental state of begrudgingly having to kill his younger brother.

I don't know what you are getting at about Fudou considering Raoh openly considers that day the one day of his life he regrets to the point it haunts him, fully conceding that he lost that day.

Attached: 1520654488785.gif (640x432, 2.95M)

I don't think anyone reading that fight was supporting Raoh, they were all in awe of Fuudo being able to beat the greatest fighter in the world on his own. Raoh developed somewhat, albeit slightly, after that fight with Fuudo and it's the Raoh at the end of the fight with Kenshiro that people have admiration for.

I liked Raoh pretty much since his actual first appearance. Before I didn't like him since he was a jerk who did terrible things, but the more they showed him the more he spoke and explained his reasoning. You got to understand the cult of personality that surrounded him because his thinking genuinely makes sense and is not inherently wicked, just the polar opposite of Kenshiro's. By the end of his fight with Kenshiro I already liked him, by his march towards Souther's army he was my favorite character, and by the time he fought Toki he became my favorite fictional character ever.

Even as big of a Raoh dick rider I am I agree with him fully that he completely lost against Fudou and acted disgracefully after that, but even he admits that.

Roah's fight against Toki is still the best fight in any manga ever. He is a really good character because on one hand he's very easy to understand but on the other he's quite complicated. I don't think Fist of the North Star would have been as good as it was without every character getting the development they got, Raoh on his own is great but his interaction and back story with everyone else makes him even more incredible.

He said that he wanted to be shot with arrows if he backed down due to cowardice.

If he was serious about that then why did he let his men failing to do that stop him? He said he wanted to be shot with arrows if he backed down due to cowardice. He backed down due to cowardice so he should have followed through on his word and activated a crossbow at himself.

going back on his word just because his men didn't follow through is just a cheap, convenient excuse for him.

I'm not blind. nothing you've written contradicts what I've said at all.

That fight is the only moment in all of anime to ever make me cry

IT WON'T WORK, TOKI

Attached: 32 (1).jpg (310x236, 31K)

Because what would it so after the fact? What would it accomplish? You can't undo killing Fudou in this cowardly manner, the blood was on Raoh's hands and his pride was stained. Killing himself would accomplish nothing but make a vain death even more vain, and to top it off Raoh was struggling with his own greatest fear of all: losing, dying, and not achieving the goal he had lost so much for. This is why Raoh proceeds to lose his mind, this is why he tries numerous tricks in an attempt to defeat Kenshiro he wouldn't have used before, this is why he feels true fear when he witnesses Musou Tensei, and this is why he has an epiphany when he almost strangles Yuria. That night Raoh came to terms with his fear, acknowledged his disgraceful actions, and proceeded to learn that even his death was not just an inevitability but it didn't mean his efforts would be wasted. Raoh from all this learned the sacrifice of one's life is worth it to prolong and protect the life of whom you love, and to give them happiness. He saw his defeat against Fudou as a disgrace but it taught him he would rather see Yuria and his little brother happy than turn into a demon who will win by any means necessary.

You would understand all this if you had a brain.

>He said he wanted to be shot with arrows if he backed down due to cowardice
No, he didn't. He said that he wanted his men's arrows to be shot into his back if he stepped backwards. As best as I understand the dynamics of those bows and arrows, it would be quite difficult to shoot oneself in the back with one of them.

>he should have followed through on his word
why don't you do it for him; I'm sure he'd be grateful for the boon

>Because what would it so after the fact?
It would be following through on what he said. this is just proving that Raoh's word is cheap and he's happy to go back on his word if he thinks something else is more important. Like I said before
>>I'm able to go back on my word because of my ambition

Didn't bother reading the rest of your post because I demonstrated that I'm correct already.

I almost lost it at multiple points reading and watching Fist of the North Star, Reis, Shuu's and Fuudo's death all being ones which nearly got me, but they don't compare to Raoh vs Toki in the end. I'll never get over how destiny robbed Toki of his rightful position. Toki is the only person who thinks Raoh and Ken are above his level, everyone else knows who the real top guy should have been.

Attached: Fist_Of_The_North_Star_v12_c06_-_012.jpg (598x1016, 147K)

His men were using a kind of ballista to fire big arrows at fudoh. It would be easy to release the trigger mechanism while standing in front of it by throwing a rock at it or something.

Or raoh could have simply ordered his men to re-load the ballista and fire at him since he backed away out of fear and supposedly he wanted them to fire at him if he backed away out of fear.

I guess he didn't really want that after all if he let them firing at the wrong target to begin with deter him when he could have easily told them to reload and fire at him.

But no, he used their temporary disobedience as an excuse to drop it and go back on his word.
No honor or integrity. A man who will go back on his word in order to save his hide.

That's the kind of guy you dick-riders are fallating so much , LOL

>he's happy to go back on his word if he thinks something else is more important.
Where the fuck is Raoh happy about what happened? Raoh is fucking miserable to the point of losing his mind because of what happened you dumb fuck.

Listen man Raoh is an asshole, a bully and most of all a faggot but his men where the ones who disobeyed orders. Besides Raoh wasn't the greatest ever that was Toki, he was a obscenely strong man child who wanted to be boss because he was the biggest nig in the yard, his ark was him realizing he had nothing of substance in his life like Ken, Yuria Toki, Rei and every other named badass he killed.

Attached: 1505839079325.png (596x264, 251K)

Juza of the Clouds was the brodiest character in the manga and show

No Toki was the most gifted and the true genius martial artist. Raoh was stronger but that meant nothing in the face of someone who so perfectly understood martial arts and controlled their body so well.

Also you are kinda oversimplifying Raoh to a large degree.

>Also you are kinda oversimplifying Raoh to a large degree.
Yeah a little but my interpretation was Raoh was a man looking for a madness to his method

>sadness over toki's death wasn't enough for raoh to reach musou tensei
>but muh yuria was more than enough

explain this raohfags

Yuria has Sailor Moon's 'everyone falls in love with me power'

I personally disagree with how you word it. I feel Raoh knew what he was doing, but he was a man with fear in his heart. As ruthless as he could be he was actually the most human of the brothers, making him actually the most incompatible with Hokuto Shinken. Raoh could never accept failure, because to lose them his aspirations to prove prove good strength and unite the world would be for naught. The idea that he could die and fail at his life's ambition which would not only waste his own life but trivialize the men who fought home shook him to his very core.

Raoh at his core was extremely lonely and a tragic figure that needed a reason to fight. He needed purpose because since his childhood he had never lived for himself. It's why Yuria, Toki, Ryuken, Kenshiro, and Kaioh (and if you count the gaiden his two generals) all had the opinion that the cruelest man in the world had the more love in his heart than anyone. Kenshiro became a savior out of circumstance and never wanted to be one he just couldn't deny his valiant nature, while Raoh knew only the mightiest fist could lead humanity after the Earth had been destroyed but in his struggles for power he lost sight of himself.

Because sadness doesn't achieve Musou Tensei, becoming nothing does. Raoh had long since come to terms there was a day he and his brother may have to kill each other but by that point his ambitions were what mattered most. Yuria was Kenshiro's entire reason for moving onward so her apparent death and coming to accept this sorrow awakened his Musou Tensei. This is why when Raoh accepts he has lost and his ambitions will not be achieved he awakens his own Musou Tensei.

It's a turn of phrase , autism lord. The facts are that Raoh says he should be killed if he retreats in fear. He retreated in fear and yet he went back on his word.
the cold hard facts are that Raoh is a dishonorable man who lacks integrity and who goes back on his word, and he's a coward.

>Calling someone autistic when you are unable to take words at anything but the most literal of face value and cannot comprehend circumstances surrounding them
Your stupidity is limitless

You make a good point and it makes me want to re-read Hokuto no Ken again.

Attached: 1501570299848.png (640x478, 431K)

>I got bullied as a child, so I instinctively hate powerful dominant characters! They have no redeeming qualities!
Kenshiro would disagree. Shin and Raoh were still great men in his mind, even if they'd gone wrong. Even with Souther, he seemed to understand him in the end, even if he still opposed him. Shit, he even seemed to look at Jagi more with sadness than hatred.

I guess it's all part of growing up, though. Even the characters you always saw as one-dimensional bad guys start to have some complexity to them. Raoh and Shin were theoretically doing good at reorganizing society, even if their methods were horrible, they were suited to the end of the century.

It's a quick good read but recent HnK threads, god do I love analyzing these characters, make me want to rewatch the series. As good as the manga was the direction and acting of the anime elevates it to a whole new level.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Buronson and Hara work closely with the director? I believe the show was a collaborative effort between all three of them and I think the editor of the manga.

Did he promise that he would kill himself if he backed down? No, he did not. So what word did he break? He said he wanted to be shot if he backed down. He meant that. He would have been fine with his men killing him. But they didn't.

HnK has a theme that all men are children who have the light stolen from their eyes and it's why Shu said that pure nature and shine in Kenshiro's eyes are so special. Raoh is an older brother who gave up his happiness as he worried about a world his little brother could live happily in, Souther was a boy who lost his father and couldn't come to terms with his death, Jagi was a jealous brother who couldn't accept he would be inferior no matter what he did, Toki feel sadness that his abilities would never earn him what he desired, Shin felt despair that he would never be with the woman he loved, and so on.

It's why Yuria was fated to be beloved by all men and bewitch all martial artists, because she offers a mother's love which is all a child desires.

ken leaving with yuria into the sunset was good

i stopped watching then

great rebuttal. Just kidding, you're too much of a brainlet to offer any counter argument at all you fucking retard.

>projecting
you can't refute the argument so you have to resort to projecting and frustrated insults. tsk tsk

That's a cop out. He told his men to shoot him if he backed away in fear. He backed away in fear , so why didn't he order his soldiers to reload and shoot him? If he wanted to be shot for showing fear then why would he let such a small obstacle get in his way?
Because he lacks honor an integrity and goes back on his word. He used his men firing at the wrong target once as an excuse to back out of what he said.

I still cry when Raoh dies.

Attached: 180202_original.jpg (380x409, 54K)

I cry when Raoh cries

Attached: 12367763242.png (730x543, 566K)

is raoh the manliest antagonist ever?

yes

so will Ken beat Jotaro in 1 or 100 punches ?

I just wanted Kokuoh to be happy

second person didn't even project any insults, have you lost your mind? Starting to remind me of Trump and his increased senility recently.

So basically it was the post-game Land of Carnage; except not according to that other user.

>no valid arguments, only insults
>makes things up

You need to seek help from a mental health professional. You've been debunked and you're only trying to hold on for the sake of your ego. Its sad to watch, for your own sake, please stop.

He's really inaccurate about it. Asura definitely had stupid shit that literally the most random mooks were the strength of South Star masters but overall Kenshiro was far stronger than any of them they just were far more skilled and unpredictable because they didn't fear death. Also HnK2 fellates Raoh really hard and pretty much everyone in Asura worshipped the ground he walked on.

HnK2 also settles any debate anyone had about who's the strongest because Ken AND Kaioh both say that Raoh was the strongest man in the world.

Asura was mainly a bad idea because it made the Hokuto brothers into super men rather than just leave them as really strong and devoted regular people. It also established the reason why Kenshiro is a natural is he is descended from the creators of Hokuto Shinken.

>>no valid arguments, only insults

I've provided valid arguments in every post I've made. Why are you lying? Do you think if you lie then people will just read your post and take your word for it and not check the rest of the thread?
Here is my latest argument which has gone unanswered because there is no way to refute it because I'm right. >He told his men to shoot him if he backed away in fear. He backed away in fear , so why didn't he order his soldiers to reload and shoot him? If he wanted to be shot for showing fear then why would he let such a small obstacle get in his way?
>Because he lacks honor an integrity and goes back on his word. He used his men firing at the wrong target once as an excuse to back out of what he said.

>makes things up
Another total lie. show one example of this. You will be incapable of doing so because I've done no such thing.

No, because Fuudo was already dead. It was pointless for him to die as well. Had the soldiers obeyed and killed Raoh then they would have had to recognize Fuudo as their new leader. But if both are dead they would just scatter, rape and pillage until everyone was dead. While Raoh did a lot of terrible things he did keep his army from doing worse things. Things that they sometimes did anyway when they thought Raoh wasn't looking. But Raoh was always looking and killed the ones who tried that.

Had Raoh demanded he be killed after Fuudo died then his pride would have been intact but he forced himself to go on "for the greater good" even though it made him miserable. I don't think you understand the concept of honor very well.

It made a load of money, so no.

the point was that he declared that he wanted to be killed if he stepped back behind the line. He did exactly that so what happened to wanting to be killed?
He proved that he's full of shit and went back on his word.

Saying that he didn't want to go on but forced himself to for the greater good is evidently wrong. If that were the case then he wouldn't have made the declaration in the first place for the sake of the "greater good".
In reality he went back on what he said because he didn't want to do it.

>Saying that he didn't want to go on but forced himself to for the greater good is evidently wrong.
What evidence? You are just saying it's wrong because you say so.
>If that were the case then he wouldn't have made the declaration in the first place for the sake of the "greater good".
Neither thing you said has anything to say with the other. If he killed Fudou he would continue his rule, if he stepped back he was to die and his men were to listen to Fudou. Instead he stepped back and Fudou was killed leaving Raoh with a situation that doesn't fit either stipulation.

You have to be baiting at this point with the mental gymnastics your posts are including. But then again that should have been obvious to me when you kept saying you wouldn't read the posts of people who prove what you are saying has no logic behind it.

Raoh wanted one of these things to happen.
Scenario A: Raoh backs down and he dies as a result. Fuudo lives. Raoh dies.
Scenatio B: Raoh faces his fear and stands up to Fuudo. Fuudo dies. Raoh lives.

Because his men shot Fuudo neither of those two things that should have happened happened. And through no fault of Roah. He wanted A or B. He got C.

>Toki
to think Satan himself would have such taste

>and raoh has an autistic edgelord brother
was kaioh /ourguy/?

No

Kaioh also potentially raped one girl and PATROLLED another.

Definitely /ourguy/