What the hell happened with Toriko? They tried so fucking hard to make it popular...

What the hell happened with Toriko? They tried so fucking hard to make it popular, crossing over with Dragon Ball and One Piece, the most popular manga fucking EVER, and it wasn't enough. Goddamn.

Attached: Day9TorikoGokuLuffy.jpg (640x650, 486K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsutoshi_Shimabukuro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wasnt toriko about Food?

Toei fucked up the anime, thus failing to promote the manga, resulting in Shimabukuro being forced to bring the story to a close quickly.

what is Toriko

The anime was shit.
The artstyle was not fit for today's otaku climate that grew up on moe.
The manga wasn't interesting enough despite having enough cliches to follow the big popular ones.

The anime was fucking trash. Which is a travesty because Toriko has some dope fights.

Attached: LlL9rHJ.png (900x1300, 308K)

Can Toriko beat Goku?

It was a battle shonen with seinen style writing and character design with, yes, a central theme on food and a food based setting.

if goku is holding back or distracted sure.

In an eating competition?

I don't know about Godku, but pre-Super he can probably put up a fight with Super Saiyan 3 by the end of his story. He has certain abilities that make me think he can royally fuck up Goku's day, like his Devil Sense that allows him to sniff so goddamn hard that it literally pulls the opponent's soul out of his fucking body. He also has INSANE physical durability and regenerative capabilities. If not Buu level at the very least Piccolo level. He survived having the right side of his body being blown off by a blast of air.

Attached: toriko-5056851.jpg (800x1179, 188K)

>Can Toriko beat Goku?
HIS THIRD DEMON CAN EASILY

Toriko takes that no difficulty. He literally eats all day. His fucking house is made of food, and he has to get it rebuilt all the time because he always eats it.

Do you think Godku is as strong as Neo Acacia? I don't think I'd agree with that.

Last decade's Black Clover.

It lacked waifus, protagonist was too ugly and needed more younger characters, it would have been a success only with that, the manga was pretty good. Awful anime didn't help

He would need his white demon, but yes.

Acacia would eat Goku. I don't care how hard Goku can punch, he can't do shit about that. He can't regenerate, so once he launches a punch his arm is going to get devoured. He can launch a Kamehameha, but he'll just eat that too. Toriko won against Acacia because of bullshit abilities like "Gourmet Luck".

>It lacked waifus

I think that's a feature, not a bug, but yes I suppose you're right.

Attached: GATSU GATSU GATSU.jpg (736x441, 65K)

No dude stop
Goku would kill neocacacia with one attack, the attack scaling portrayal in db has always been garbage but we know for a fact that he could destroy the universe in one attack, neo was nowhere near that power level, he ate galaxies worth of matter sure, but he'd definitely lose

It just wasn't good in its own right

Maybe against Buu saga Goku at best.
Super Goku can snuff out the universe with a punch if he wanted.

>I think that's a feature
nigga you gay?

no but that means hes not a pedo

They tried to make it the replacement to Bleach. It failed hard because nobody cared for it and just wanted to keep reading 1000 Year Blood War.

it turns out that nepotism can't make up for lack of talent and vision

>and just wanted to keep reading 1000 Year Blood War.
While you're right on the first reason, sales show no one wanted to do that either.

And yet it had double the amount of Toriko volumes, which is darn impressive for a manga that had sub-zero advertisement.
Shueisha was -and still is- anally devastated that Kubo held the merchandise rights.

Hey, Toriko was fun as fuck. Don't disrespect.

No

"no"
Toriko is too slow, around a few times FTL at best.

>manga
>not interesting
It was, the shitty over censored toei anime killed all hype for Toriko.

Because people already like One Peice, so showing One Peice fans Toriko won't make them rush out to buy Toriko.

You get another One Peice only by finding a new audience who aren't already into One Peice but are of equivalent size.

This guy gets it. Fem-Komatsu could have been GOAT and would have gotten female readers into the story even while providing more fanservice and a side-story romance.

Attached: toriko_v09_120.jpg (1503x1100, 243K)

T O E I

POST THE GUN PLANET

Toriko is the perfect example of how huge connections will get you nowhere if your manga isn't interesting.

All Toriyama and Oda did was make their friend wreck his unstable train.

If it didn't end toriko would have passed goku but he loses now.
Space arc never.

It was only shilled so hard because the author was butt buddies with Oda

End of dbz goku, yes but it would be close. Super goku, not even close.

The manga was fun.

>Toriko is too slow

By the time they're fighting Bambina they've cleared DBZ speed limits. Bambina is insanely fast and the 4 heavenly kings were able to move just as fast while performing the mating dance.

>Bambina is insanely fast and the 4 heavenly kings were able to move just as fast while performing the mating dance.

Oh, and they were on 100G Mountain, so they're moving that fast at 100x gravity.

What if Goku had Gourmet Cells?

>if your manga isn't interesting.
kek

Author was caught hiring underage prostitutes, starting up a sex scandal. Pushing it became too embarrassing for Shueisha, and without marketing nobody gave a shit about it.

did you miss the part where Toppo (or was it Jiren) flew to different galaxies because his spaceship was too slow? in the manga of super

Nigger you know you need to post sauce with outrageous claims like that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsutoshi_Shimabukuro
>was arrested and convicted of violating child prostitution laws, including paying a 16-year-old girl ¥80,000 to have sex.

>16

That's not that bad. I've known plenty of sluts in high school, even younger than that.

That was before Toriko, Toriko was the manga he was writing to come back into the industry after getting out of jail.

Well not jail but whatever he did instead of serving a sentence.

His potential for growth would explode, especially in Toriko's verse what with all the delicious food.

What if Toriko had S cells?

It's way too expensive, the guy is too desperate for pussy.
Embarrassing actually.

I dunno, $800 seems about right price for a child prostitute where it's illegal. If he wanted any pussy he could get a much cheaper normal hooker, he specifically wanted a young girl, and that's always pricey.

>It was a battle shonen with seinen style writing
Manchildren say the dumbsest things lmao

>take a manga known for bloody, brutal fights, with such moments as the main character getting his hand bitten off and punching the enemy who did near to death with the bloody stump, or an unlucky mook getting all flesh removed from his torso before even noticing that he's already dead.
>make an anime which is not only low-budget but attempts to be completely bloodless
>add a shitty filler character to take a lot of screentime in that anime
>what could go wrong?

Plus, Shimabukuro dwelt too long on one of the sillier arcs. As the result the manga got canceled, although the ending was still OK and resolved pretty much everything there was to resolve, characters just got their final powerups in a rushed fashion.

The biggest and ultimate reason was Toei. People saw how absolutely shitty the anime was (Though I'll say it was really good at times up until around Episode 50, then the quality took a consistent dip.) and decided the manga wouldn't be worth it.
The anime is meant to promote the merchandise and namely the manga, if it fails to do this, then the whole franchise will go under. Toriko had tons of potential and could've easily been as long if not longer than something like One Piece. (The Gourmet World was massive and had so much to explore, but it's a shame the majority of it had to be skipped and rushed over. I STILL want to know how Sunny survived in that cave that accelerates your lifespan thousands of times over.)