Cardfight!! Vanguard

For those of you who don't know, Bushiroad pretty much rebooted the franchise and the next anime series will be a remake of the original series but closely following the storyline of the manga. If you were intimidated by how far the series has come or were a fan of the original and left during G, this is a good time to come back. They are completely changing everything to make it more accomodating to new players as well as those who left the game after the original.

Hopefully this will lead to more discussion of Vanguard on Sup Forums since it doesn't seem to get talked about at all.

Attached: vg.jpg (1200x675, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IDAGFctn5Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=Tw6rwYHaWhU
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz8RVj1oHAM
youtube.com/watch?v=llEy7QHeeLk
youtube.com/watch?v=VI1JHtNsF14
youtube.com/watch?v=5ycuXy9lPI4
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much different was the anime from the manga?

Does the manga still have Psyqualia and Link Joker shenanigans? If no I'm not interested.

Attached: 24018520_p0.png (800x400, 465K)

Yes. Psyqualia is actually much better done in the manga. Rather than some OP power gifted by Takuto for the purpose of fighting Void, Psyqualia is a manifestation of different character’s inner turmoils. For example, Aichi’s lamentation at his weakness when he was bullied and beaten up. Ren’s suffering for all the physics abuse he endured as a child and how it warped his mentality of the strong survive. Kai’s loneliness when his parent abandoned him and his hesitation at getting close to others and trusting them. Link Joker is in there too except it’s just Deletors and Ibuki who’s a character from G.

So there making reboot to follow more closely to the manga version huh, kind of wish they could also do that for the Yu-G-Oh manga series and for Negima as well

Still mad that they took away my Stand triggers.

>more Suiko

yay

Stand triggers were too wonky to use outside of effects.
You pretty much had to pray you pulled one or risk a mediocre attack phase

They were't worth basing your strategy around, but I found them to be incredibly more useful than crits. The occasional spikes in RG pressure meant that I could more easily whittle away opponent's hands for my kill turns, or extend my attacks without expending resources.

Admittedly, I will be mollified so long as I still get cards with effects similar to Energy Girl or Mirror Girl.

I say this as someone who ran stands out the ass but crits were technically more useful because you can use them at any time and they directly advanced your win state.
Stands may apply pressure but crits get you 1/6 of the way closer to winning

Tended to find that crits were only really useful if they were pulled in succession early on, to give an early advantage, or right at the end of the game after you've burnt through omnis.

That's anecdotla evidence and boredom at 12 crit decks, though so there's a fair amount of personal bias. The only decks where I really looked to drop stands from the line up quickly were my Spikes.

That's fair. The thing with crits is that they are the icing on the cake if someone can't fully guard an attack while a stand passes the buck over to someone that might get blocked more easily.
Of course, this is coming from a guy who runs in Tachikaze(Rex)

the one in the middle is a boy or a girl?
this is important

I stop watching at season 3 or 4 when it got too crazy. I'll check the remake.

Yeah, I can see that. Running pressure multi-attack in Pale Moon and Nova Grappler meant I tended to prefer whittling down a hand before powering through, and stands allowed that by letting me kill a RG or forcing additional blocks.

And at least Rex was always fun to play against, if somewhat lackluster.

What makes Rex lackluster is that it is incredibly balls to the wall without strides or G3s that can match the RGs going ham.

Pretty Rex will get remade with this new series. Tachis are getting support in like June

Yep. Rex is sure to finally become a full deck early considering it's been in since the beginning

reboot medabots instead or OG beyblade

Does the manga have shirtless scenes or are they still going to do that time where Aichi never even slightly undresses so it’s ambiguous as to his true gender?

Hoping for a proper Death Army deck myself, or at least something a little more than just being support for Asura Kaiser.

There's also Perfect Raizer in the Q4 Booster so that'll be interesting

I kind of forget at times just how many different builds early Nova had.

This new booster has less clans but more cards per clan so lots of subclans will be getting support this time around which is great. I’m wondering if they’ll ever support G decks though. I like Victor more than Asura Kaiser or Raizers.

They might do it eventually but from the sounds of it they're trying to distance themselves from G hard.
Then again they also said Chrono and the G cast may show up eventually since they still existed during the original series technically

Was G or whatever it was called good?

I mean does that apply to Kamui though? That was the deck his older self used and now we’re back to his younger self but I feel it could be possible they always do a time skip or something.

It’s alright. It’s easily more polarizing than the original series with many people hating it and others loving it. I personally liked it in the first three seasons but then the last two have left a sour taste in my mouth.

>I personally liked it in the first three seasons but then the last two have left a sour taste in my mouth.
>5 seasons
Yikes. Its always surprising how long things can go without you realizing

I'd give it a try because I like playing TCGs like Yugioh, Magic, and Force of Will in person, but that looks like fujoshit by the pictures posted so far. I'm only into series with a 1:1 ratio of cute girls to guys, or better,

Should I hope for shirtless Aichi?
Will the manga deliver?

The sequel series G was just slightly more hetero.
Don't worry because Vanguard still has some great girls.

Attached: We'll never get full cake Misaki.png (1366x1076, 914K)

Not really, the last 2 seasons have been pretty gay.

Yeah the last 2 seasons were ruined because they decided to pull a Johan/Jessie on us out of nowhere.

Damn, someone posted Misaki before I could

Attached: f1efae49310d56c6f8983349ca7a2807.jpg (1280x800, 115K)

It’s possible. Maybe some kind of astral projection stuff or something.

Misaki’s new design is even better than her old.

Attached: 4487F37D-687F-453B-BF30-A0A29D466041.png (800x400, 72K)

Attached: 6CF6DB3F-07AB-448B-9C96-ABC44B072E8B.png (800x400, 90K)

Her new design is great and Kamui hair's even crazier.
But GZ short jacket Misaki is elder god tier

Attached: DYZxyLiVQAA7_ux.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

Morikawa shouldn’t be a joke character if this really does follow the manga this time around

Attached: F3C51376-F1E6-45D2-876D-764232AA002E.png (800x400, 79K)

She is pretty cute. But is she relevant?

Leon is probably the only design I don’t like but it’s interesting how they’re putting him in this early considering he never showed up in the original season 1.

Attached: EDC8AC77-AAC9-4D05-9136-B51C309A52B7.png (800x400, 70K)

She stays relevant for almost the entire series.

I dont know, she looks younger to me, less of an onee-san appeal

And she’s competent at the game to boot compared to most female characters in card game anime.

>But is she relevant?
For card game anime females, the most consistently relevant I can think of

They were also very bad because of Crow 2.0 Taiyou.

but what about the current series?

you can still use the old stand triggers in the Premium format but in Standard no stands for you

It’s ending in 3 more episodes.

Best girls.

Attached: best vanguards.jpg (771x960, 82K)

FUCK TAIYOU. That little shit completely ruined Try 3's dynamic.
He also kept us from having Kumi and Chrono on the same team

what the fuck happened to these two and Leon in G?

Considering that he and Emi didn't even appear in the manga there will probably be some changes in terms on how they will adapt the manga

This is why I hated Legion Mate so much since she was there for the purpose of jobbing

They only appeared once for the glorious duty of jobbing to the new characters

They became irrelevant after GIRS CRISIS arc

>Tfw remembering watching all of S1 of Vanguard and having her bind my hearto

Attached: misaki bind.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

is Kourin is the manga? I missed her and Misaki fighting for Aichi's shota dick

Attached: Kourin_-_Idol.jpg (1024x574, 152K)

Yep. She plays Gold Paladin too. Although from what I heard she’s less of the love interest and it’s more Misaki and Aichi.

Can Misaki /ss/ keep Aichi away from the gay

>it’s more Misaki and Aichi.
I am ready for this reboot

Attached: 1486365457226.png (668x555, 341K)

>watch Legion Mate
>its literally about Kai trying to mating press Aichi

Attached: 1461701562578.png (472x587, 262K)

There’s also a Bermuda Triangle idol anime too. For anyone that is a fan and plays that deck. I imagine it will be like a typical idol anime.

And the best part that Kai actually won only for G to somewhat invalidate that

Attached: 1433189171129.jpg (574x505, 228K)

G did everything it could to imply Aichi and Rati were a thing.
Too bad the universe is getting reset at the end of G because Chaos Breaker and Chronojet cannot exist at the same time without destroying Cray.

I wonder how they're going to format it. There's Vanilla names, Prisms and Duos so they could do it AKB 48 style but then there's names like Riviere, Coral, Shizuku etc so maybe Show By Rock?

>invalidate

Have you been keeping up? Just a few weeks ago there was a 2v1 of Aichi/Kai vs Chaos Breaker and there was plenty of FRIENDSHIP moments between both of them.

>Aichi and Rati
I honestly have no idea how the show decided to do this, its like the most random coupling

Attached: Aichi_x_Rati.jpg (960x539, 29K)

>Aichi drive checks
>Kai calls critical trigger with his eyes closed
the cutest

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Cardfight!! Vanguard G Z - 19 [720p].mkv_snapshot_17.58_[2018.03.16_22.47.48].jpg (1280x720, 123K)

>Kai calls critical trigger with his eyes closed
Damn, I havent watched Vanguard since S1, but I kind of want to watch those episodes now. It made me feel like a fujo

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.13_[2017.08.06_16.00.05].jpg (1280x720, 140K)

It gets even better.
They were fighting a possessed trap that was screaming in gay agony for his two friends(male).
It was ultra gay.

>They were fighting a possessed trap that was screaming in gay agony
I guess card game anime can pay tribute to GX

>Season 1 was great.
>Season 2 was meh.
>Season 3 was great but needed more SOL high school episodes.
>Season 4 was good, but ruined because completed rushed the second half so they could release G.

I kind of stopped caring after G season 2. I'm not even going to get into them bringing Aichi back to have him literally share screen time with Chrono. Looking forward to the reboot, since I couldn't find the manga translations online.

>based off the manga

I heard the manga is a lot darker? Like Ren was abused as a kid or something so he has a pair of fighting gloves that he uses to beat people with when he beats them in Cardfights? That would be pretty cool to see in a card game anime. You don’t get much physical violence.

>Aichi starts as a scrub
>builds his deck over the course of the show
>has literally no plot armor after the first fight
>constantly losing important fights
>meets Ren who offers him the more power
>instead of denying it, actually goes to the dark side for a while
>Aichi goes edge/10
>Kai saves Aichi using his old deck
>Aichi goes back to Royal Paladins
>MAJESTY LORD BLASTER
S1 was so great

Ignoring everything that came after that I firmly believe s1 is the best card game anime ever made.

Don't forget Believe in My Existence and its usage in the show

youtube.com/watch?v=IDAGFctn5Bo

For those watching G? did best girl Kourin ever come back? I know there was a scene where they showed Aichi hanging out with someone in Rome.

Kourin never came back.
All we know is that he and Rati are more than likely a thing and Emi wants to fuck Chrono(VA reference. Poor Kamui)

Kai vs Aichi in Link Joker with Break Your Spell playing is probably my favorite scene in the series

youtube.com/watch?v=Tw6rwYHaWhU

>Kourin never came back
Dropped.
>Emi wants to fuck Chrono
Picked up again.
I love how almost every OP/ED in Vanguard is great.

Since no one posted it. PV of the reboot. It’s from the same studio as NEXT and GZ but boy does it look a lot better.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bz8RVj1oHAM

Season 1 Aichi was such an lovable cinnamon roll, and I completely forgot how slightly edgy Morikawa was at the beginning.

>tfw Kamui didnt just bang Gredora

>No cool ass older kamui
>back to his more obnoxious self
I dont like how the reboot makes it so its glorified breakride with bigger numbers

Dude, who could refuse nailing a waifu spider until you had enough kids to take over the galaxy?
Kamui has to be gay

>MAJESTY LORD BLASTER
>The last two triggers Aichi gets in the last fight are the same as the first two in the first episode
Im a sucker for stuff like that

>I love how almost every OP/ED in Vanguard is great.
youtube.com/watch?v=llEy7QHeeLk
Even the fucking English dub got them to just sing an english version of the original, an amazing amount of effort for a card game commercial dub

PV of the mobile game. We finally have our own Vanguard “duel links”

youtube.com/watch?v=VI1JHtNsF14

was surprised how badass Kamui got in G

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Cardfight!! Vanguard G Z - 10 [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.17_[2018.03.16_23.22.49].jpg (1280x720, 82K)

I prefer Kourin. Really sad how she's not in G. Guess she's not popular.

She was really popular.
She just wouldn't fit the role of Try 3 mentor like the rest of Q4 did.
Kai > Shion
Kamui > Chrono
Misaki > Tokoha
Kourin would offer nothing

>Kourin would offer nothing
My dick disagrees

>That one time he blew up the planet to prevent the love triangle from persisting
They didnt want to make him an interesting Kai with personality so they had to end it there

Attached: Meteokaiser,_Victoplasma_(Anime-G-NC-2).png (1358x765, 2.32M)

Happy that Ren is back. Now I can build Blaster Dark instead of Luard.

Is he still rejecting Nagisa?

yes but Nagisa is still a crazy bitch

Kamui has his priorities straight, dont bang crazies, cardfight them to banish thots.

Now with the whole reboot business, will Perfect Raizer finally not suck?

It is pretty much an universal constant at this point

Attached: 25312700.jpg (500x633, 136K)

Nagisa has gotten even crazier in G.
She was 1 year away from going full murder yandere.
Remember that time Kamui surpassed Kai as best card game mentor. Really GIRS Crisis being "Try 3 vs OG Vanguard" was cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=5ycuXy9lPI4

I thought Raizer was good in its time?

There was so much goddamn /m/ references in that one episode like the claydoll going zgok on the poor rearguard.
Only during Legion, noone really used perfect since it was so fucking costly for its time

Cat Butler- Raizer was a thing in Japan when BT16 came out and it was so degenerate that Cat Butler was limited to 2 and the English release schedule was changed so that it ended up as a meme. OG Perfect Raizer though was never really "a thing"

Attached: 43545354_p0.jpg (1024x648, 351K)