It's a Free Planets Alliance episode

>it's a Free Planets Alliance episode

Attached: 150237823782378.png (635x474, 411K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnFh-FLjSrY
mega.nz/#F!vDZGgZBY!TUo1TwgyqgfZ62ji9C4wbw
mega.nz/#F!aO5F2arZ!IdTxG_PO-JqTTUfnfv851A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>It's an Sup Forums pretends LotGH was the greatest thing ever written episode
Seriously though, so much of the political themes in LotGH were heinously on point. It's foremost value to me was a kind of educational review of modern politics. Whoever wrote it was clearly exceptionally knowledgeable. Even hypnotized patsies like Sirhan Sirhan: lotgh had everything

Attached: radicalizing the radicals.jpg (960x720, 78K)

>It's a Reinhard episode

Attached: 1514244283863.jpg (951x712, 171K)

Which character is
>literally you
For me, it's Oberstein: intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.

>It's a Reinhard OVA

Attached: 1468799099617.jpg (960x720, 107K)

>Whoever wrote it
Yoshiki Tanaka, who studied history rather than literature. It's why the books come off a little stiff.

>It's foremost value to me was a kind of educational review of modern politics
Couldn't agree more. This feels like it's from an Adam Curtis documentary:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnFh-FLjSrY

>who studied history rather than literature
That's just screamingly apparent. They should have had us watch this in highschool history instead of whatever it was they had us do. I can't remember a damn thing.

>It's a best imperial admiral episode

Attached: 1519962469880.jpg (800x1004, 226K)

>Adam Curtis
Based

Attached: 435789.jpg (1120x5108, 1.04M)

Still watching the series. It's pretty refreshing how it shifts perspective every few episodes.

Currently reading it, and I think books are great, as good even if not better than the show. They also have a lot of funny anectotes about secondary characters, lef out of the show. Was intersting to learn that Lobos acted as retard because he has a syphilis probably given him by Imperial spies.

>It's a best imperial admiral episode

Attached: 1519387970864.png (757x757, 312K)

>Trunicht doesn't stand up
Huh, I didn't remember that, poor Lebello tho, he's constantly being screwed up
that part felt too real

He knows how retarded this is, and sits knowing he can say "I didn't vote for this" later

I'm a nu-Federica - unattractive, useless and hopelessly in love with yang

Attached: 1521022697148.jpg (800x1121, 51K)

>It's a Fezzan episode

Attached: 1276794591770.jpg (537x500, 103K)

>it's a poorly directed episode
Oh wait! That's all of them

As much hate as the remake gets, I think it will be superior if they get a director that actually knows anything about film.

Attached: 1276794509047.png (640x480, 485K)

I remember someone complained that nobody in LoGH references real history at any point in the series. However, the writing definitely shows that Tanaka has an excellent understanding of history and its 'characters'.

I remember watching 0079 for the first time recently, and remember a scene where Gihren Zabi equates himself to Hitler. It's the only time a real historical figure is mentioned in the show, and was probably added in by Tomino to show how Zeon was the evil faction. But worst of all, it colors your perception of Gihren's character for the remainder of the show.

Reinhard gets compared to Napoleon and Alexander by viewers, despite this never happening in the show. This is because his actions are able to speak for themselves. "In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same" isn't just a thesis statement for LoGH's story, but for its storytelling as well.

In the books Yang spergs about real life history all the time, though.

>it's a poor attempt in trolling episode

Basically when Yang's strategies fails

Don't lie to yourself, you know LOGH's directing isn't good and can be greatly improved.

>it's a Free Planets Alliance episode
But all the best moments come from these

>Yang visiting the graves
>the Rosen Ritter defending a woman's honor in a restaurant
>Yang dying inside when he's forced to use Thor's Hammer
>Yang cringing in embarrassment when his fans sing the FPA anthem
>Lebello and Lewi arguing for peace in the FPA High Council
>Bucock tearing into Fork so hard that he collapses and goes blind
>Yang completely annihilating the coup with a single blow
>Yang surviving his interrogation by shittalking the interrogators
>Negroponte getting on his hands and knees to plead with Yang
>defeating Geiersberg Fortress with one shot
>passing the bottle of wine around Yang's conference table
>the admiral who won't stop talking about bread
>Yang's marriage proposal
>setting up the Robin Hood fleet
>Yang being rescued by his friends
>Yang's speech on El Facil
>Bucock coming out of retirement and sending the staff to Yang
>Bucock's final speech and the toast to Democracy
>Bagdashu fucking with the Iserlohn commander
>the 5-minute version of ED3
>everyone falling asleep on Iserlohn
>the final stand of Patorichev and friends
>Frederica talking about the life he should have lived
>Poplin pissing and shitting himself while drunk
>Murai sacrificing his reputation
>the Iserlohn Republic national anthem
>Merkatz's final words
>Julian and Katerose discussing losing their fathers
>every scene of Yang lecturing Julian on politics and history
>every scene of the bachelors teasing each other
>every scene of the bachelors bullying Cazellnu
>every scene in Cazellnu's home over dinner, drinks and dessert
>every single mention of foppery and whim
All great moments.

The reason the 4th season and the Gaidens are so boring is too much Empire and not enough FPA. What great moments does the Empire have? Reinhard crying that Kircheis isn't in bed with him, Oberstein interrupting a wedding to announce his diagnosis, and Reuenthal killing millions of his own troops.

Attached: Imperialism? No!.png (667x961, 474K)

The only redeeming quality of 4th season was watching how Imperial scums kill each other for petty reasons

>Julian and Poplin watching documentaries
>Rossen Ritter going after Lebello
>"This is great" scene
>Yang's speech during the creation of the 13th fleet
This one is from one of the movies iirc but
>That group of FPA soldiers betting on who is going to win the upcoming battle, most of them are betting on the Empire

Attached: thanks liberals.jpg (687x1038, 115K)

>tfw met Reinhard's seiyuu earlier this month

Still doesn't feel real.

I never got where Yang put his bet in that scene.

>the corrupt members of the FPA High Council growing consciences and refusing to allow Trunicht to surrender
>the junior politicians refusing to recognize the authority of the Empire
>the Engineering Admiral going down with his starship-constructing factory
The list keeps growing past character limit.

Old one or new?

Old one.

Attached: I'm not frustrated.jpg (756x1008, 279K)

I'm proud of you, user

Attached: Fyodor-Patrichev.png (507x507, 118K)

You're going to have to give us a storytime of how that want. Was he surprised LOGH was popular in the west?

I forgot the novels have official translations now. How far are they?

I found the first one a little dry but the translator did a decent job of not making characters seem like they were wooden or that I was reading transcripts of the OVA.

6th book will come out in April. I heard 7th is going to be published this year too.

fuckin' nice

Attached: logh waifu.jpg (1280x960, 342K)

>it's a Julian episode

Attached: 26ff4242a5024850a1b66cc378c5d974ec532881.png (800x600, 158K)

>Windsor
The eternal anglo strikes even in the sci-fi future again

He was a little perplexed when I set the novel down in front of him until I said "Reinhard". After that he nodded and smiled, I told him that I love the series and that his performance as Reinhard is timeless, and he thanked me and shook my hand. Really sweet guy.

I think I might've been the only one there for LoGH. Everyone else I saw had Vegeta merch.

I couldn't agree more with this post. The shoehorned Hitler comparison in 0079 struck me as completely lacking in subtlety and even true accuracy. LOGH presents characters and a world which viewers can understand without having studied history, but having knowledge of the inspirational source material enriches the experience for those that have.

She looks better than the guys.

>I told him that I love the series and that his performance as Reinhard is timeless
That's overstating things, isn't it?

Maybe to some, but not to me.

Why do you think he didn't recognize the series? Surely he wouldn't forget his role in something so long?

>a world which viewers can understand without having studied history
Well, yeah, it's just Star Wars minus magic and aliens.

The book cover is in English so he probably just couldn't read what the title was.

Because the book's cover is pretty generic?

I'm not sure that the covers for the English and Japanese versions are the same. It's also pretty common in my experience for seiyuu not to know what the localized titles are for the series they play in, so there's a good chance he wouldn't know that Legend of the Galactic Heroes = Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu.

>Gihren Zabi equates himself to Hitler
It was to show that Gihren was retarded and that he didn't even know who Hitler was.

You're a fucking retard

>>>/reddit/

>even true accuracy
You could say that again

>You
Try to contribute less generic content to the board, please.

Attached: 1455846546684.jpg (417x384, 62K)

Attached: rew5YpT.jpg (960x720, 81K)

The best episodes.

>Oberstein interrupting a wedding to announce his diagnosis
You have to admit, this one was a pure kino

The number of living people who have watched and can remember Star Wars is greater than the number of living people who have studied and can remember history.

Attached: Oberstein - Propitious events can wait.jpg (720x1111, 128K)

Nice, I got Karen's VA to sign her DVD cover.

I guess I should have just said accuracy, but I meant that there are clear parallels between the characters yet their differences set them apart more than they are bound together by similarities.

A true galactic hero would have gotten her to sign her bum.

Attached: Brap.png (1020x720, 427K)

A joke. A nod to holocaust revisionism and the ironic idolization of Hitler by the far right youth and Sup Forums in general

>It's an event lifted directly from Chinese history but plebs won't recognise it episode

Three Kingdoms was kino but you're not going to trick me into diving deeper into Chinese history than that.

Attached: Liu Bei.webm (720x400, 2.54M)

I always figured the Empire constantly referring to the FPA as the "so-called Free Planets Alliance" or just "rebels" was a nod to the PRC's naming conventions toward Taiwan.

The Republic of Iserlohn was basically Taiwan/The Republic of China

I WANT TO MATING PRESS REINHARD AND CHURN UP HIS ASSPUSSY!!!

I admit I'm a pleb who doesn't know a lot of Chinese history. I always though Yang was based on Hannibal of Carthage, with Vermillion being his Cannae in space.

Attached: ba42f6cbf378cfd4aa8dc02c6dfa3db8--galactic-heroes-planet.jpg (500x500, 31K)

>English cover: 1-man fighters
Nobody cares or remembers that shit. Even Poplin eventually stopped using them and just hung out in the command center cracking jokes. And the ones on the cover don't even look like the show. It could be anything. It's generic.
>Japanese cover: big honking battleships with holes in the front
This is what people remember from LoGH. Good job, team.

Calm down, Hilda

Attached: 368px-LOGH_novel_5_cover.jpg (368x600, 160K)

>it's a """"""""""""Restored"""""""""" episode they cobled together with korean sweatshop labor because they lost the original prints again
I regret this download but it's the only full one I could get a hold of.

Attached: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu 007.jpg (960x720, 99K)

The LDs were on nyaa at some point.

I think it's good thing that book covers are neutral and relinquished from the show. People should make their own images in head while reading book.

Reuenthal is best boy!!!

>a thesis statement
die neue These ?!

By the way, whaat are the chances for the remake to use proper and real german instead of gibberish doitsuish/engrish all over again?

Can anyone recommend any good sub groups for LotGH?

i want to rape her and make Kaiser watch

Zero.

Central Anime

Mecklinger explicitly brings up Cao Cao when asked to explain his interest in art.

When does this show get good

I used NemDiggers

When you'll get 10 years older

Here you go, but I think you're going to end up realizing that the LDs were worse anyway.
mega.nz/#F!vDZGgZBY!TUo1TwgyqgfZ62ji9C4wbw

And while I'm at it, here are the BDs for LoGH:
mega.nz/#F!aO5F2arZ!IdTxG_PO-JqTTUfnfv851A

These links might stop working in 2 weeks because I'm still deciding how to work around Mega storage limits.

How's the new translator? Can anyone tell a difference?

Attached: 15212708308572032284240615256211.jpg (4032x3024, 3.91M)

Hannibal has none of Yang's softness or the internal conflict to make morally questionable choices even if it means it would make winning the war easier. Those two elements are likely borrowed from the traditional depiction of Liu Bei from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Of course the military genius side means that he's more of a blend of Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang.

From what I've seen, Yang Wenli being based off Zhuge Liang is a pretty common idea among the Japanese fanbase since they're more familiar with RotTK.

Attached: liu bei2.jpg (440x440, 36K)

>a blend of Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang

Attached: 1407208002375.png (1108x1600, 549K)

You are god sent, user

>the lads searching for the best insults to bait Bittenfeld

>tfw no torrent master race

If you can't figure out how to find a torrent on your own then there's no hope for you.

Attached: well.png (366x376, 111K)

>It's a whim and foppery episode

Attached: 1431439833881.jpg (200x276, 8K)

This but with Julian.

>It's a Julian watches the history channel episode

Attached: .jpg (1200x670, 124K)

Attached: 99.png (1397x1050, 2.03M)

Calm dow, Katerose