Why the fuck is this even considered good? The main character is just a Mary-Sue...

Why the fuck is this even considered good? The main character is just a Mary-Sue, and every other character is just plain badly written. The story is also subpar tier.
Why is this abomination top selling right now?

Attached: The Ancient Magus Bride Poster.png (715x376, 411K)

Is it? I think the folklore is what sells this show.

fujo dollars and good setting

Because the first half was good. Then they changed the OP

Dunno, I'm at ep 15 now and it's just kinda eh. On paper it sounded like something I'd like but the magical/folklore elements are spread so thin and often ruined with lame attempts at chibi humor. The OVA story was the most compelling part so far, and episodes 10 through 12 were alright.

Fujo? There's not even fujo bait in this?

"The series had sold half a million copies as of June 2015, 2.5 million copies as of March 2016, and over three million as of September 2016. By December 2017, the series had five million copies in print."

Dunno. I got bored around episode 6 or 7 when she got stabbed through the chest but was fine. The setting was interesting, but none of the characters really were.

I read the 44 chapters of this kusoge and it was intolerable. I thought that it was gonna get better, but it never did

same reason why 50 shades something something movie is selling well. girls and people with bad taste.

do they fugg?

Not even close

How is she a Mary Sue? She gets into shit situations due to her bad decisions and only gets out of them through the help of others, she overdoes it with magical spells, constantly overburdens herself, and often gets hurt because of that, even though her nature is to attract fairies, for most of her life that’s mostly been a bad thing and it’s clear she would be much better off with no powers at all.

Besides that, she’s literally got magical cancer AND a cursed limb that are both killing her, she’s not perfect or idealised as a Mary Sue would be.

You have to be a woman to understand this show

>Fujo? There's not even fujo bait in this?
if you are watching it with your ass there isn't

You underage newfags are retarded.

This. I'm just watching it to finish it cause I'm way too deep at this point, I keep expecting things to get better but the show's nearly over at this point, I thought the whole magical / folklore element would be great but it's always the same shit, some random magical dude pops outta nowhere and does some random "prank" and then after some mystical / other world / in the character's thoughts moment or some other deus ex machina everything becomes better, this shit is so tiring and yep they keep repeating it ad nauseum

youre retarded

Attached: What a Fujo is and what isn't.jpg (590x443, 74K)

I got to like episode 9 but can't bring myself to finish the show. Does it get any better?

Attached: DFNI6zWVYAACU4v.jpg (1080x1080, 184K)

>17 posts and nothing positive
Sad. I read a few chapters of the manga but couldn't get into it.

No. It's still mostly just "Chise gets kidnapped/threatened -> Elias savers her"

The story was great when Chise hated herself and was just getting used to life with Elias. So, the story was about her getting healed, and discovering a world of magic. However, once the author decided to turn her into a Mary Sue and Elias into a retard, the story became terrible.

The manga is beautiful. That was the good part, and who does not like a good 'princess' getting rescued story.

Girls like the boring-ass mary-sue characters meeting guys out of their league. Whaddagonnado.

All you listed are Sueish characteristics.
She is in a shit state herself, but always manages to save everyone somehow.
She takes some risk she shouldn't? Everything goes well.
She takes some decision she's advised not to? Turns out her decisions are always right, and everyone else is wrong.
Pretty much everyone loves her, or comes to love her.
Hell, she just cured her dragon aids by getting the Jew's eye.

If you're not into it already it will never get "better". I'm enjoying the show but I understand why people wouldn't be into it. My favorite part has remained Chise because she's the most accurate portrayal of a depressed person I've ever seen and that's pretty neat. I'm just sad Elias turned out to be dumb as bricks. And the hell's the point of it being called The Ancient Magus's Bride if they drop the idea of them being a married couple immediately?

Also the tiny magical creatures they keep showing are cute as hell.

Is it because they decreased Titania's boobs size

Attached: 29357075_1448914551903885_4255451999148965888_n.png (205x94, 22K)

>Why is this abomination top selling right now?
It is manga for girls who aren't fujoshi but like manga and anime. Also story is shoujo, if that isn't your thing, I don't know why you even watched this. It is like you see dog shit and you expect it to be something else and then make shitty threads like this one.

It is actually good and interesting unlike koi ameshit

I was kinda dissapointed how quickly and easly they found her.

>The main character is just a Mary-Sue
isn't this true of the vast majority of popular seasonal anime?

girls with daddy problems like this anime

anime original ending next starts week, get ready

Why would it be anime original? All they need is the next chapter script to finish the arc(assuming the manga isn't also ending, because why would it be?).

have you watched the episode?
She was a "branch" of her, not the real Titania but more like an avatar of her
>Titania will never gangbang you with her branches

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mahoutsukai no Yome - 23 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_06.02_[2018.03.17_19.57.48].jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

Repeatedly in a fade to black oh she woke up in a compromising place way.

I feel bad for Catarphilus.
His desire to die was so strong he accepted to merge with that insane man of Joseph

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mahoutsukai no Yome - 23 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_13.28_[2018.03.17_19.58.58].jpg (1920x1080, 96K)

Attached: Monster Girl Quest part4.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

For me
Pros:
>the ost, minus the second OP
>the visuals
>Chise
>the world
>the times they do use magic
Cons:
>not enough people have been calling out Chise on her bullshit. I know they tried to do it subtly that she already has a lot of reminders of her "selflessness" but they should just flat out tell her she's doing too much and it's actually destructive to her and she's not being considerate of the people around her
>they have been using magic less and less recently, we barely get to see Chise do anything with her wand
Overall I do like it a lot, recently it's been annoying me though

Attached: Desk hitting retard.png (240x240, 24K)

To be fair, quite literally every show that has every existed Sup Forums thinks is shit. It's up the viewer whether you find it enjoyable or not.

please reply

>Sup Forums

Attached: 1517992744952.png (558x491, 230K)

It has strong characterization and world building that several 'popular' shows on Sup Forums lack right now, even if you aren't a fan of this type of story. But stay salty OP.

not him but
>kusoge
literally Sup Forums

It's a shounen manga, idiot.

>you just don't like it!

amazing arguments there fellow anons!

Attached: 1508448979480.png (825x835, 650K)

The lore is half-assed and never the focus. The background art is the only thing it has going for it. I thought the OVAs were decent, but the series has been a mess.

I enjoyed the early half, the one with the plant dinosaur or whatever it was is a fucking amazing episode and then it kind of tailed off, Maybe 24 episodes is too much because I haven't been really enjoying it the past 5-6 episodes.

It's boring and the mc is pretty shit although she seems to be getting a bit of development lately. The magical setting and the first op/ed was what I liked the most.

Jews ruined this series.

It's Atmospheric
t
m
o
s
h
e
r
i
c

She's not a Mary-Sue. She's clearly got depression from her fucked up childhood and loathes herself.
Every time she puts herself in danger for someone else it's because she doesn't value her own life and is grasping for a reason to justify why she's allowed to live.
If Chise is a Mary-Sue then so is Shinji

Attached: 1503172695019.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

The constant self-pitying is just there so everyone else can constantly tell her how great she is.

The difference is that nobody loves Shinji and he rarely succeeds at anything he tries to do.

>The constant self-pitying is just there so everyone else can constantly tell her how great she is.
Nobody does this. People are protective of her because she's a sleigh beggy but also a teenage girl. Was it not this last episode where Isabelle slapped her in the face for doing something no one asked her to once again?

True, but to imply that Sup Forums and Sup Forums are any different from one another is absolutely disgusting and you're retarded.

holy fucking shit, I dunno why I'm even still watching this bullshit

>randomly finds him in some graveyard
>I guess you're immortal! let's become one!
>another bullshit deus ex machina magical being that solves everything
>immediately find chise, and all her friends and company show up to help her
>random portal through the wall
>of course it's the random witch bitch she knows and of course she transforms into a bull to chase the other dude

this crap is fucking laughable, it's horrible writing, it really feels like the author is just making stuff up as they go along with retarded magical high jinks to fill in the gaping plot holes, there are no rules, there's literally nothing, it's impossible to care for these characters when so much happens and it still feels like there's no purpose to anything when any random character can just show up out of nowhere with a convenient spell that will solve everyone's problems and or reset everything back to it's base state until the next contrived drama filled conflict comes around and sweeps us up through another journey through even more meaningless magical babble that does fuck all for the plot or the characters

Attached: 1508207894571.png (1023x619, 335K)

Nobody loved Chise either causing her to become so damaged that she latched on to the first person who showed her affection and refused to let go even though he was SCP 682.
She's found people who like her now but her self hatred fuelled "selfless" acts are hurting everyone around her.

Did you miss the part where he takes care of him for a long time but then spergs out because he won't die or improve at all

he's being autistic let him be.

oh yeah that totally makes the "let's become one" out of nowhere make any more sense, and let's just ignore everything else because autism! that will show him!

Attached: 1508179630834.jpg (480x360, 14K)

He was trying to escape his shitty life, obviously.

>Everything goes well.
She's literally about to die right now.

Why didn't he just leave, though? There was no reason he had to heal the zombie before skipping town.

People just don't know what a Mary Sue is anymore.
>But they somehow magically survive everything, no matter how bad the situation!
Yes, because the story would end if they die.

He had to make a living somehow. Don't have to really take care of yourself if you're immortal

I was into both at first, but I can't be bothered to care about either one now. I'm finishing them because I like the artstyle, but even that isn't amazing or anything.

She never manages to save anyone by herself. The one time she kind of did she got a cursed arm as a reward. She's not a Sue. A Sue would solve every problem by herself. Also a Sue does not have flaws. Chise has a shit ton of them.

Literally because the bullying
He just desired to feel wanted
He just wanted to be helpful for someone atleast once in his life
It's not autism, he just became insane, if he was born in america in our age instead of trying to help Catarphilus he would have became a school shooter

Imagine Spriggan fucking Silky in his Hulk form

Jospeh deserve everything bad happening to him, poor Catarphilus should be forgiven by God and allowed to rest in peace but Joseph, he should just burn in Hell for eternity

Anime caught up to the manga. Will it be an original end, or will he manga have a similar development once the next chapter comes around? Is the manga ending, too?

Why is there so much QUALITY this episode? Isn't artstyle the only selling point of this show?

I want to hug_ Elias.