Was this the greatest plot twist of all time?

Was this the greatest plot twist of all time?

Attached: lelouch joke.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

I saw coming when Lelouch accepted the proposal, for a "le genius mastermind" it was a pretty thing he did

>A plot twist is a literary technique, introducing a radical change in the direction or expected outcome of the plot in a work of fiction.

Attached: 1500028505317.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

*most retarded plot twist of all time

what was his name again?

Horrible Harambe

Slicing Simian

Cutting Chimpanzee

Touch comes to mind.

Do you know what "plot twist" even means? The writers just wrote themselves into a corner and had to salvage the situation somehow.
Don't get me wrong, this was pure fucking genius and it was the best event of the fucking decade, nothing else even comes close.

Attached: [gg]_Code_Geass_Episode_I_-_Koudou_[6D91F2F0].mkv_snapshot_00.32.12_[2018.03.17_11.57.02].jpg (1280x720, 79K)

It was a major turning point for Lelouch's character because it was the moment he realized he couldn't have nice things.

it was clearly foreshadowed by mao though

And foreshadowed again earlier in the episode

Bisecting Babboon

I get your reasoning (Mao and his runoff geass is a Chekhov's gun), but still, "plot twist" doesn't sound right. People expected something was going to happen with Lulu's Geass eventually, they just didn't know when.

I wish the rest of the series had kept the tone from this episode

He should have said "what if I told you to suck my dick" or something

Correct, it's not a plot twist because it was foreshadowed.

I really don't think anyone expected this to happen

Attached: euphinator.png (1280x720, 928K)

KEIKAKU DOORI

He wouldn't need his Geass to do that, she was pretty into him

Do you have the party hard variant of this?

I've never been happier to watch a show blind.

>watch the recap movie
>find myself agreeing with Charles
Well, shit.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 932K)

>pure fucking genius
retard

It's something that twists the plot. By saying it completely changes Lelouch's character and his conflict, it's a plot twist. It doesn't have to be unknown to the audience either, just to the character. And it's an exceptionally contrived one at that. I don't give a shit if they had all the foreshadowing in the world, it just so happened to screw up at just the right time as he said the perfect wrong thing to the right person.

Did he ever even lose control of his Geass again?

What makes this scene so ridiculous isn't the Geass going out of control though. It's the fact that out of all the situations he could have used, Lulu chose "kill all the Japanese" as his example. Like, how often does genocide even come up in conversation? If I were explaining to my friend I had this crazy hypnosis power I might say something like "I could make you jump on one leg if I wanted to" or "I could make you run naked through the streets if I felt like it." It would seem little out of left field for me to go "Hey bro I got this cool power that makes people do whatever I tell them to. Like, if I wanted to I could order you to kill all the mexishits in the entire world, haha good thing I'm always in control of my power right bro?"

Ultimately it took the story in an entertaining direction so I don't really have an issue with it the way some others do, but people are correct that it's ludicrous to the point of breaking down suspension of disbelief. It's just so oddly specific of an order it starts to look less like an element of the plot and more like a tool used by the writers to dig themselves out of the hole.

Geass going out of control was foreshadowed though, so it's not really a "plot twist" like OP said. "Plot twist" implies defying or undermining audience expectations in some sense. There was nothing about the previous episodes that implied this WOULDN'T happen. It wasn't that a guy you thought was good was actually bad, or a previous world-building point turned out to be a lie. It was just a very unexpected direction for the story. In some ways it was even more of a surprise than "plot twists" people learn to anticipate after watching enough anime.

it was a permanent lose of control, he started using some contact lense which made it pointless though

it was silly but he probably just thought of something that would be extremely un-euphy like, and didn't he have some kind of similar plan anyway? he was going to geass her before she told that she's given up her title

He used that as an example because it was out of character for her. She was questioning his plan because she said she'd never go along with it, but of course she didn't know about the Geass and he wasn't going to tell her straight up, so he just answered cryptically that he could be very convincing when he wanted to be. Then to drive that point home, he claimed he could convince her to do something she would never otherwise do, such as order a genocide.

I would have a lot less issue with Britannia if they lived their ideology, but they don’t. They talk about “survival of the fittest,” but look at Suzaku. He’s an insanely talented ace pilot who can turn battles around from the moment he gets in a cockpit. Yet he’s given minor token promotions and shunted off to the side as an embarrassment. The entire “Honorary Britannian” system as shown in the show is just a hollow sham and Suzaku never even gets anywhere until Euphie catches yellow fever and even then the entire system is united against them doing anything.

Charles talks like Britannia is some big meritocracy but that’s not what we see. If it was, Suzaku’s insane talent and service to the empire should mean something, but it doesn’t. This emphasis on bloodline and emphasis on ability are contradictory to each other. Even if you acknowledge that some races are stronger than others, you also have to acknowledge aberrations like Suzaku, and when you see them you have to decide whether ability or bloodline is more important. The Britannian system favors fuckups like Jerimiah over military monsters like Suzaku, and because of that it’s not “survival of the fittest,” it’s “survival of what I happen to like.” It’s like favoring a frail and mediocre breed of dog over a strong and able breed of dog because your family has always bred the former. It’s not a genuinely Darwinian system.

Kafuka being dead all along.
It was such over the top manga, but the bigest plot twist was teased from the beggining and in each opening from the anime adaptation.

This is great writing.

Attached: uQe4g.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

I hated that little detail. IMO it took a lot of weight from the whole loss of control thing, when it was pretty significant event. I would have almost preferred if he'd just lost the control momentarily and regained it.

Attached: geass9.jpg (1280x800, 1013K)

He'd still have begun wearing contacts. He's a cautious bastard.

R2 was full of stupid decisions like that starting from the weird memory loss

IIRC CG changed timeslots (to something more family firendly, I guess) with the second season and lot of original plans were scrapped because they had to introduce the show to a new audience. If I remember right, it was originally supposed to be bit of darker in tone, and without the memory loss and timeskip things.

I agree. They had to do it because R2 had to return to the school at some point, but they should have just done away with all of that anyway. It would have made anyone seeing Zero's face a lot more significant, and letting C.C. or Kallen hang around while unmasked would have additional implications about their past together (previously used Geass or Code).

I heard that the second recap movie does away with returning to Ashford, but I'm not sure how they'll include Rolo in all that.

Barrack Obama.

I came to post this.

>For example, if I told you "Become my sex slave."

Attached: 24.png (300x300, 149K)

>"Become my anal sex slave"
ftfy

Nothing in the system could stop Euphie from knighting Suzaku or Charles from promoting him to KoR. His only setbacks before are Britannian being racist towards elevens in general but that's only natural considering they didn't survive the survival of the fittest test. Besides how long had Suzaku been in the military anyway? Dude probably just given no chance to prove himself worthy. In the currently running spinoff manga they even show how Suzaku gains his acknowledgment from Britannians through gladiator style tournament with other knights that Charles supports.

>Euphie is so preoccupied with servicing Lelouch as his butt slave the SZJ falls apart anyways.

Bonus points if she still reveals her new directive to the world while on stage with a live audience and plenty of cameras.

On the other hand, would Suzaku be more or less pissed than if Zero just killed her outright?

Attached: 1442525949384.png (160x160, 18K)

So recently Okouchi tweeted about the scrapped development for R2 which included
>Lelouch makes a comeback as Zero, wins against the Brits with second wave of Black Rebellion
>Suzaku becomes a hobo and refrain addict after nips reclaim Area 11
>a new character named Lilichya who looks like Lelouch, becomes a student in Ashford, is actually Jeremiah's sister, and will have a romcom situation in school dorm?
How does that sound to you?

>For example if I told you "Blow the japanese".

Attached: a033a639c35f355dbd5fbc6fddde4e0d.jpg (480x530, 58K)

>Dude probably just given no chance to prove himself worthy

The only reason the royal guard commander doesn't just kill Suzaku for touching C.C. is because of his exceptional military skill. If he hadn't had that watch that day he would have died in Shinjuku and no one would have known his name.

After turning around Shinjuku, Narita and the hotel jacking around almost single-handedly, all he got was a token promotion to warrant officer. And the reason we know he turned around all those battles by himself was because the Britannians refused to let him fight, even after seeing what he could do. They only called on him when they were on the verge of defeat and either had to let him fight or face humiliation on the world stage.

Even when Euphie knighted him nearly everyone else was completely opposed to it, and Euphie was shown to have a very unusual outlook for a Britannian. Charles making him a KoR is probably the closest counter-example but even after that he's snubbed by other Knights and nobles about his race.

Even if you count Charles knighting him as a legitimate example of meritocracy, the emperor of the nation had to personally intercede on his behalf. None of his other exceptional victories were properly rewarded by the Britannian system except his knighting from Euphie, who was an oddball in the eyes of both sides and probably didn't care much about his military ability anyway.

In short, every time Suzaku makes any significant gains in the world it's presented as an exception to the rules, not an extension of it. He's not lacking for opportunities to show his skill, he's just not rewarded for it. Charle's speech implies those with great talents and abilities should dominate, but that's not how his country is run.

It was pretty clear that Suzaku didn't receive any rewards for his achievements before he was knighted because Llyod and co are mostly on the site unofficially, they aren't supposed to be there so their contribution is naturally treared as nonexistent. Euphie being able to knight Suzaku despite people (mostly noble elitist, mind you) opposing it shows that they're literally just being racist, as they have no formal ground to oppose it because their own law allows it to happen.

No, the greatest twist in Code Geass was the reveal of the SUPER ELECTRO MAGNETIC SHRAPNEL CANNON

Attached: Raiko.png (1280x720, 890K)

Greatest? No.

Most entertaining? Yes.