The Fate franchise is unironically my favorite anime of all time...

The Fate franchise is unironically my favorite anime of all time. Is reading the VN actually worth it or just a meme perpetuated by those who dumped 50 hours into reading when they could've watched anime instead?

Attached: seibah.jpg (900x900, 82K)

>unironically my favorite anime of all time
good for you. I think the Fate franchise is extremely bad and the only thing that ever came even remotely close to not being bad was fate/zero

Prepare for mollusks.

is the new anime good?
i dont want more QUALITY suffering like with apo

GODDAMN SECONDARIES

Attached: 1521264129820.jpg (1024x576, 34K)

Wrong game

?

Zero is quite unironically the only good fateshit.

Without spoiling anything why (in your opinion) was Fate bad? I'll admit I've only watched

Recently started replaying the visual novel. If you like visual novels in general, f/sn is one of the better ones. Honestly, I think people who watch f/sn anime just spoil the vn for themselves a little, since most of the dialogues and internal monologues aren't preserved.

Around 70% of zero's plot can be seen in the vn.

This

The reason people say Zero was the only good Fate property is because it was the only one to actually try to play it straight and take the concept seriously while also not being complete chuuni shit like the original VN.

And Zero was lightning in a bottle, because damn near 100% of the Fate franchise outside of it is total shlock. Thus us a franchuse whose most notable properties are a series about a bunch of lolis molesting each other and a phone game where people literally take out loans from the Yakuza in order to gamble for their waifu.

You can enjoy the Fate franchise for what it is, but outside of Zero it's honestly just complete shlock. You could see ufotable seriously struggle with the UBW adaptation because they were trying to make it a big production to follow Zero but the content just wasn't there. There was only so much they could do to salvage a chuunige written by a novice.

Attached: DPyvfilVoAAzWYI.jpg (617x1200, 146K)

>Zerofags
Zero was full on chuunishit masked by a layer of edgy guns and"maturity" to make dumb immature anime watchers think that they're watching something mature people would.

Ufotable's adaptation was kind of bad compared with the LN too, you just don't get many people saying that because few people read the LN compared to the quantity who read the Stay Night VN.

guaranteed replies.

>Zero was full on chuunishit masked by a layer of edgy guns and"maturity" to make dumb immature anime watchers think that they're watching something mature people would.
The actual content doesn't matter so much as the gravity given to it by the writer. Zero even managed to out-chuuni the original VNs when they gave Saber a fucking motorcycle, but the point is that it was actually being written by someone who knew how to plot out a story and how to give the shit that actually mattered a sense of gravitas.

To say that Zero is at all comparable to just about anything else in the franchise is to admit that you're narratively illiterate.

LITERAL
FUCKING
TERTIARIES

>Urobuchifag
Oh jeez, it's worse than I thought. Urobuchi is a hack who got lucky with F/Z by getting an interesting universe with the entire world build already set up and a lot of characters for him to do what he does best, make them suffer meaninglessly. The best Zero characters Kiritsugu and Kirei already had their development and personality highlighted in F/SN.

>To say that Zero is at all comparable to just about anything else in the franchise is to admit that you're narratively illiterate.

The VN is superior to the Zero LN in every shape or form

>Inb4 anime

Fuck off secondary.

This

Retard

Fate/Zero is plot driven
FSN is character driven

Best anime is probably KnK or FZ

Attached: 1492303723717.jpg (1200x1200, 435K)

I'd say zero is also character-driven one. More like characters who are just vessels carrying specific ideologies. The characterization in zero is fucking shallow

>what is prisma illya

The VN is good. If you like it, try some other games and their adaptations (if they get/got one).

>i am an edgy faggot who likes shows that pretend to be "mature", "adult" and "dark"

who are you quoting?

fate strange fake by 2024
cap this

Jesus Christ, pic related

He's not wrong when just talking about the adaptations. UBW cut out a lot, HF is gonna be too short no matter what, DEEN is DEEN, and the sub-series are usually straight up bad.

Attached: butchi vs. zerofags.png (1325x155, 41K)

>this was first, so it's better

Justify Grand Order without bringing up older entries in the franchise
I'll wait.

Attached: 1515635023269.png (1668x1636, 136K)

It's fun Current arc, America has nice character interactions all round. Nero was a bore in Septem but here, her brief scenes with Liz were entertaining. Robin Hood partnering up with Billy the Kid is pretty neat as well. The basic plot is fairly interesting (a 3 way battle between Edison, Cu/Meave and your party) and this and Strange Fake handled large scale grail wars better than Apocrypha. Also, Fionn throwing snide remarks at Diarmuid.

None of the adaptations of Fate/Stay Night have done justice to the VN yet, though HF comes close.
If you have not read the VN, you are not into Fate yet.

>this has adults acting like children instead of teens acting like children so its better

It's an adequate time eating JRPG with a decent plot
The only thing that doesn't justify it is comparing it to a wholesale visual novel when it's more like a quarterly manga but with special issues every 3-5 weeks

Zero changed a lot of major scenes for the worse too though

It had the fortune of not having a complete moron directing but all Fate anime are essentially the Zack Snyder version of the LN+VN

Decent story (at least a good portion of the singularities), it's fun and I get to collect my favorite characters.

>Prologue: Bad
>Orleans: Bad
>Septem: Terrible
>Oceanos: Mediocre

No, it's bad and you have no choice but to go through it in order.

Actually, Miura is kind of like the Snyder of anime. Not understanding what he's adapting and copying iconic scenes just because.

Attached: 1497548690154.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

Prologue was absolutely not bad. Orleans, I agree and Septem for the most part. Oceanos, nah fuck off.

Wait until Nasu's parts.

>prologue
MC, Mashu, Olga, and Lev had comically simplistic personalities and the way Olga died for eternity killed any seriousness in the writing. Only decent thing about it was Stay Night fanservice and that was just window dressing.

Olga was great, Lev was too. You're wrong and you should kill yourself.

Olga and Lev were one dimensional knockoffs of Rin and Kotomine. Lev in particular (and every villain so far, 90% of whom exist to be just a boss fight) is so shitty compared to the likes of Kotomine, Zouken, Araya, and SHIKI.

shit director but damn good artist

America is great.

I don't know user, have the best part been adapted into anime yet?

Attached: tiger dojo.jpg (800x600, 176K)

Imagine a time when all you had to work with was the DEEN anime and the VN. Terrifying, I know.

HMMM!?

Attached: 1508685494594.jpg (1280x720, 250K)

>Lev is a knockoff Kotomine

Attached: 1494816079320.jpg (529x580, 69K)

Yeah, yeah. Prisma is better, the only decent thing

Attached: 1520503453916.jpg (1920x2633, 313K)

Yeah he was, boiled down to just the evil for the lulz facet of early kotomine.

>Imagine a time when all you had was..... the VN

Sounds good to me. HA and Zero were released at the time of DEEN, too. Literally the highest density of quality the franchise has had.

Attached: 1447692578667.jpg (2131x1922, 975K)

Lev himself was a genuinely nice person who Aoko constantly pestered to lend her money, and neither Goetia or the demon pillars, Flauros included, are really evil. They believed that humans were evil and that their cause was just and righteous.

In terms of getting into the content of the original story however, not the franchise at large. There's no ufotable adaptations, there's no UBW DEEN movie, you take what you can get.

>HA and Zero were released at the time of DEEN
>being unable to read moonrunes
>gathering information from Beast's Lair and other places while waiting for Google Translate tier translations

Welcome to die.

>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, THE HUMANS ARE EVIL
>The bad man acted nice to everyone to trick them, almost like he was a phantom menace

Great villain characters, Lucas.

In the context of the Nips who were always Nasu's target audience it was the peak of Type Moon. KNK was getting a movie series and Melty was still going.

Of course the Nips were always Nasu's target audience but in the context of a discussion on a western Chinese cartoon board, it's a different story.

>Melty was still going
HD any day now, right guys?

It still that time, it is best to ignore every new FSN stuff.

>Decent story
Only now with America the story became bearable, all the other singularities before are straight up bad and cringy.

Does anyone have the drawing of Cu stabbing himself in sharpie on a fast food lid? The straw is Gae Bolg.

It's unironically one of the best franchises in animu
VN's are literally shit you have to be autistic and not have read a single book in your life to enjoy them. Literally pages and pages of talking head internal monologue

Attached: astolfo.jpg (639x1000, 811K)

ur shit

Multiple 10/10 waifus.

Attached: 1495401287810.jpg (600x600, 55K)

>character driven
>MC is literally an autistic retard ginger

HF is the peak of Fate so yes.

I doubt the anime is going to do justice to the route. I can definitely see Ufotable toning down on the fucked up shit.

Never ask for an advice on Sup Forums. NEVER.
Decide it for yourself. You are dumb if you ask for advice in ANONYMOUS board

>The Fate franchise is unironically my favorite anime of all time. Is reading the VN actually worth it or just a meme perpetuated by those who dumped 50 hours into reading when they could've watched anime instead?
FUCK YUOU

Attached: 1361975255611.jpg (600x807, 425K)

>Fate franchise
>anime
>hasn't even read F/SN
>probably plays GO trash

What a fucking nigger.

>"""waifus"""
>any GO original shitter 10/10

Does anyone need further proof that GOfags are Sup Forums ironic weebs?

>Decent story
It's fucking terrible, even after it gets "good" after Camelot it's mostly mediocre.

> it's fun
It isn't, and it's responsible for Type-Moon not actually making a good game or anything interesting with their setting.