So is this just another shitty eva clone but with a superpower mastermind gimmick?

so is this just another shitty eva clone but with a superpower mastermind gimmick?

Attached: dbdf31ca078912e6cbdb048ba869296b1500579061_full.jpg (640x960, 212K)

Just shut up and watch it and come to your own damn conclusion.

im on episode 21 of r2 and thats what im thinking right now so i decided to make a thread about it

It has literally nothing in common with eva aside from the giant robots and not even those are similar.

no because of the sword of awhatever kinda reminded me of the lcl and the emperor wanting a world without lies was like gendo wanting a world where everyone was one

yes the Britannia king's plan is similar to singularity in End of Evangelion movie but the series are incredibly different after that. The war of the 11's and Britannia and how they solve it is the whole point of the series. Eva is a coming of age series. EoE is kino mindfuck

SUPER ELECTRO MAGNETIC SHRAPNEL CANNON, FIRE!

Attached: Raiko.png (1280x720, 890K)

i thought it was kinda cool that shinji jerked off onto asukas body but EoE didnt really offer much that episode 25 and 26 didnt other than the asuka ending

>It has literally nothing in common with eva
NGE is easily the most influential anime of all time
It completely changed the direction of the industry and everything that came after it is influenced by it however indirectly
Even the shows that go against the grain and make a conscious effort not to imitate it are playing by the rules it originally defined
It isn't a bad thing for it to be so influential though
Part of how it changed the game was by making it possible to take anime seriously as a medium
Without that, none of your favorite shows would exist
Your waifu most likely wouldn't exist
Really, you should be grateful to Tomino

holy shit guys i just got to the good part!

Attached: mpv-shot0105.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

>Really, you should be grateful to Tomino
Of course I am, he made my favorite anime movie.

Attached: 1494074961379.jpg (1700x2401, 1.29M)

riddle me this, Sup Forums:

will lelouch's geass grasp the world, or...?

Attached: mpv-shot0106.jpg (1920x1080, 302K)

I know this was just bait laid to say but it always did bother me how the giant robots were so shoehorned in. They didn't serve a purpose apart from marketing and merchandise. The same story could've been told with the characters in armor on horseback for how little the mech suits actually contributed.
I almost feel the same way about their trivial high school shenanigan scenes, but those at least served the purpose of showing contrast between the Lamperouge persona and Lelouch's true identity.

Attached: 1515263007449.png (500x372, 220K)

Reminder that there's going to be an announcement tomorrow after the last episode airs.

lelouch's geass wouldnt work on them if they were in the mecha, but if they fought on horseback it would

>most inflential anime of all time

not close enough

>it always did bother me how the giant robots were so shoehorned in. They didn't serve a purpose apart from marketing and merchandise. The same story could've been told with the characters in armor on horseback
For a second I thought I was in the FranXX thread.

ok fine, smartass. what do you think is the most inflential anime of all time?

I think Tetsujin or gundam are two good contenders.

i think eva is the best contender though

Tetsujin is basically the root of the entire mecha genre and is responsible for a good number of tropes that are still constantly used today.

if we go by that logic, then pokemon is the most influential anime because of the seizure thing

It's not similar to EVA in any way and not shitty.

It has a superpower mastermind gimmick I guess.

It's not similar to EVA in any way and not shitty.
see

It literally created Shotacon.

no, that was boku no pico. nice try though

>but it always did bother me how the giant robots were so shoehorned in.
It is the only thing that allows Suzaku to be the invincible killing machine by himself. Giant robots exist in anime purely to give individuals power that no longer exists in the modern battlefield. In real life wars are no longer won or lost because of the actions of the few, and that is not very marketable. Giant Robots give singular individuals power to make decisions that matter, something tanks and battleships can't do.

There are many real problems with CG but your evaluation is shit.

thats not an argument. fuckoff underage retard

No, it's much worse than that.

user, i thank you. by giving a good response you humbly btfo this underage retard

fuck off underage retard

that entire plot point felt like an afterthought in the grand scheme of things

CG's generally shitty and OP has a retarded notion of what the show is. I don't see why anything self-evident needs to be argued.

Didn't get EVA vibes from it. It was one of the most overrated shitfests i've ever seen though that part is right.

code geass is what happens when you cross death note and evangelion, yes

its basically an aborted fetus if those two anime fucked, but it's still great

It's just a fucking Gundam series with changed setting. The whole tang plan was utterly irrelevant and appeared out of nowhere. Then again so it did in Evangelion.

yes

Code Gayass is just anti-Anglo bullshit from Japan because Japan was buttmad with USA and UK. To justify both in the series they make some really alt history changes and threw in some mechs.

so this is the current state of Sup Forums...

Attached: 8826918935538597173.png (404x406, 175K)

unironically kill yourself lad