New Anime PV - "RErideD"

New PV just came out for an anime with Yoshitoshi ABe designs and directed by Takuya Satou, coming sometime in 2018.
It's called RerideD, fucking awful title but the anime is pretty interesting looking judging from the PV. Sad that they fucked over ABe's designs pretty badly though.
youtube.com/watch?v=VXOLdO60xdU

Attached: DYnfD5SU8AA4HVm.jpg (1001x1130, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-18/steins-gate-takuya-sato-lain-yoshitoshi-abe-reveal-rerided-original-anime/.129174
youtube.com/watch?v=IFIYgBgYrA0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When will the RE meme end?

Looks like trash to be frank.

>The year is 2050. A young engineer named Derrida Yvain became famous thanks to his contribution to the development of the "Autonomous Machine DZ" at Rebuild, the manufacturing company founded by his father. One day, Derrida and his colleague Nathan discover a flaw in the DZs and try to warn their boss, but are ignored.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-18/steins-gate-takuya-sato-lain-yoshitoshi-abe-reveal-rerided-original-anime/.129174

>Protag's name is literally "Derrida"
I feel an essay about alterity in anime coming on.

Seriously, though, the early-2000's vibes are so strong with this one, I'll watch it just for the nostalgia hit. Can't get enough of people screaming psuedophilosophy at each other while battling in heavily postprocessed wastelands.

This used to be called "Project D" correct?

Yup. The "D" does not stand for "Despera," because the universe is a cold, cruel place.

Indeed it is. I wouldn't even mind as much if this didn't butcher Abe's character designs so badly.
Nice dubs

Attached: a despera ain.jpg (2451x1840, 1.65M)

The animation designs are by Koji Watanabe, who's a really weird choice—he did designs for Ace Attorney, Blue Gender, Tokko, and Phantom the Animation, and he's got his own distinctive, sharp-angled style that is entirely at odds with ABe's aesthetic. The mixture of the two creates a mere visual blandness.

I thought they looked Ace Attorney-esque, that makes more sense now.

bump

>it's been 15 years since the last ABe anime

Attached: ab92j.jpg (480x640, 46K)

>The latest ABe anime isn't Despera
Hold me Sup Forums

Attached: w sad bear lain.png (1920x1080, 3.25M)

Sounds like Bots Master.

>googles Bots Master
Sounds pretty cool desu

Attached: Ryutaro Nakamura.jpg (220x288, 18K)

Attached: a despera when.jpg (267x301, 24K)

Did you read Ryuushika Ryuushika? Incredibly cute, gloriously full-color, and often profound. ABe never really liked working with big teams anyway, so maybe it's better that he can be off on his own creating weird little manga like this.

Attached: Ryuushika and the Worms.jpg (870x8580, 2.13M)

Never heard of it honestly, still working on Niea_7. Thanks for the image though, I'll definitely check it out later.

I was looking forward to ABe's character designs, but the ones in the trailer look nothing like them. Is this a new studio or something? I haven't heard of Geek Toys before.

Netflix shit

Yeah I was noticing this since the first short PV came out, this is so disappointing.

According to ANN at least this is the studio's first work. As for the character designs, see

Series Composition by the writer of Library War, yeah, no thanks.

yea I'll watch it pretty much for that

>Girls und Panzer OVAs will only be one a year
>New ABe anime looks like it's gonna be shit
Darling don't hurt me, no more...

Attached: a nervous girl.png (400x400, 146K)

The first PV, if anyone is interested: youtube.com/watch?v=IFIYgBgYrA0

Looks like shit.

Yep

Same thought. Also this is the retardedest RE title I've seen.

You're suggesting that we won't get a "RE:RE:" title in the next decade that's about trying to drag humanity out of the VR paradises they've locked themselves into before humanity goes extinct.

Love triangle bullshit with sci-fi trappings, I guess. Probably shit.

I think they're trying to get "red," "dead," the "D" from "Project D," "rided," and "re-ride" out of it, except that "ride" is an irregular verb and "re-ride" makes no fucking sense on any level, so it's a title that looks ingenious to Japanese speakers and dumb as hell to English-speakers.

If they're really "clever," they're also taking advantage of l/r confusion to hide "elided" in there, but I'm not sure that vocab word (relevant though it is) is in their dictionaries.