This anime is the video game i always wanted to play Drop me in a world with its own rules and factions and let me...

This anime is the video game i always wanted to play Drop me in a world with its own rules and factions and let me build my empire without asshole telling me i am the chosen one or the world need saving factions are not good or evil they are just also surviving

Attached: Overlord-Characters.png (900x506, 625K)

This is also why I enjoy mount and blade. Bannerlord when?

Agreed

You are probably not looking hard enough or if you meant as advanced as YGG there's a reason why it was made in the future, that said there's already lot of sandbox mmo-rpg and strategy games in which you could create your own empire

> there's a reason why it was made in the future

i think it can be done now it dont have to be first or 3rd person it can be like divinity original sin 2 but without pushing you to follow the story

Attached: xcd.jpg (300x168, 13K)

Even then it would still consume too much memory with all the class and racial craziness not to mention the customization
there's already a mmorpg game similar to YGG, too bad it's quite hard in the beginning and now it's dead af
the name is kenshi btw

>mmorpg
where you dont matter and you cant do things to your liking

For that game you can literally build towns and such and they're actually a standard rpg combat wise

K E K
The other thread got nuked.

VR is the thing we want, also PKing, monopolize territory and goods without consequence from the mods.
Guess I'll have to wait 20 years for the tech to advance enough.

> without consequence from the mods.
Yeah, turning other factions into powerless serfs for sure would help sales and online.
Mods will just precision nerf your faction.

>Nerf the whale that's single handedly paying all your expenses in favor of some freeloading P4F plebs
It's free real estate

This isn't a game for pussies, being a captive slave does suck though so maybe a no captive rule will be necessary so you don't get buried somewhere with no way out.

>VR is the thing we want, also PKing, monopolize territory and goods without consequence from the mods.
Guess I'll have to wait 20 years for the tech to advance enough.
Trust me user you do not fucking want this. Rust was like this and every server is a shitfest for any new players where if you want to actually do anything in the game you have to join a huge zerg clan. Even then you won't have anything to do since they eliminate any budding bases who dare cross into their holy lands.

It doesn't work like that: "golden thousand" will never be able to provide game company revenue on par of millions of players.
This isn't viable business strategy either.

You greedy faggots should just both wait until AI so you can make it into your slaves, people would just fuck off from servers if hegemony of one or few factions stays long enough.

then play Crowfall

>: "golden thousand" will never be able to provide game company revenue on par of millions of players.
Not according to what most asian F2P player stats are going by, just half of the whale population, which averages to 13% of total pop is enough to carry the game's running expenses and break even.

>just half of the whale population, which averages to 13%
>asian
You have your answer.

A free for all game is highly wanted, besides the world is fucking huge with 9 worlds(maps) the size of several continents.
There's also monsters with AI doing their own thing, you can hire mercenaries too to save you.
It's almost the perfect game.

Players are Players, they'll always untie to abuse the shit out of game with static balance and mechanics, turning it into a hugeass, expensive bore.

>20 years
Quite the optimist

Well we're talking about Yggdrasil, it must be asian since it's only in Japan as far as we know, so rest of the world can fuck right off into irrelevancy.

Everyone whaled in Yggdrasil user. It's p2w.

the game wouldn't be enjoyable for the majority of casual players and would die out like yggdrasil did

>Everyone whaled in Yggdrasil user.
Not if the Anti-CashItem alliance was anything to go by, only part of the top PvP culture and top resort culture.

>Anti-CashItem alliance
The one where one of it's members gave up and blew entire bonus on gacha?

they dont have to play it like that they can just take quest NPC factions like the rest of the shitty RPG's and hunt

That was after it fell apart, mostly due to buying cosmetics was too tempting for the bird fucker.

Star Wars Galaxys was kind of like that.

> PKing, monopolize territory and goods without consequence from the mods
This is pretty much eve online.
And it sucks.
The reason Overlord is so appealing is that it's actually a singleplayer RPG with AI NPC's.
In an MMO, if 5 players fight, 1 wins and 4 loose. And it sucks for the 4 who lose.
This is why singleplayer is better.

shit have terraforming options

the casual player must also be able to participate in the end-game content. if you made a game with items that are capable of changing game mechanics, end-game content would be severely monopolized by top clans. it's not viable and unrealistic

Again, only PvP meta faggots and resort fuckers like the catgirl guild whaled, PvP wasn't the only focus of Yggdrasil, hell people shat on heteromorphs exactly because they didn't just enjoy the game's worlds in avatar of their real life self and used it as another excuse to continuously wage a PK war against them.
Ainz even mentions he regrets not going at least once on an exploratory trip like so many guilds that existed just on premise of exploring the unknown and enjoying nature.

do we know the reason?

you don't understand that world items made the game unbelievably broken? a game like that would never work irl. have you ever played a grindy mmo? these games fail because autist clans monopolized world bosses etc by camping spawns 24/7 and doing shit normal people would never do. imagine giving the autist power to change game mechanics and monopolize regions, no one would play that

Edition in thread name, probably retarded newfag OP fault.

There's hundreds of them and most of them respawn after used.
The faggots that go hitler mode can be raided, in the WN a bunch of guilds united to take down the 2ch alliance.

>you don't understand that world items made the game unbelievably broken?
And were rare to the point they were treated as MAD tools, even more so for the Twenty and put a massive target on your face for everybody to bodypile on you.
>have you ever played a grindy mmo?
Yeah, good thing Yggdrasil was the exact opposite of that.
> these games fail because autist clans monopolized world bosses etc by camping spawns 24/7 and doing shit normal people would never do.
In Yggdrasil a squad of same leveled mobs would be a threat to a party of players, camping bosses would be something a several thousand large guild would have to do, and even then it would get grinded down to death by player attacks, constant mob respawns and fighting over who gets to fight the boss next.
Oh and lets now forget that there was still large parts of the in game world unexplored by players, meaning even if everybody camped a boss spawn there would still be bosses free for attacking.
Being an autistic minmaxer didn't give game breaking strength to fuck other players over.
2 RP fags like Ainz can still kick min-maxer like Touch Me over.
Numbers and zerging mattered, and that comes with need to organize the players and hope their play time windows matches everybody else.
>imagine giving the autist power to change game mechanics and monopolize regions, no one would play that
Devs could just tell you to fuck off and take the WCI if you request a stupid or too big of a game mechanic change, and why bother if some clan of cunts monopolizes a region? Just go and take over another free one.