Tfw my IQ isn't high enough to fully understand Medaka Box

>tfw my IQ isn't high enough to fully understand Medaka Box

Attached: wall of text.png (1456x1078, 1.3M)

>from the author of the Monogatari series
No shit. Nisio Isin should just stick to LNs. His wall of text doesn't work in manga

It's not smart. It's just bloated with data.

I am still pissed that Zen didn't ended with Shiranui.

He didn't even write that much save for a few pages every now and then.

No kidding?

Wasn't this a gag page?

Attached: 1489881689859.jpg (1200x862, 116K)

those are fun tho

Attached: 1510862449575.jpg (2654x2600, 3.16M)

I think he did that to mess with translators.

Honestly the manga was pretty confusing.

Some of the characters are actually pretty unique and interesting, while others are as generic as generic can be.
The plot can go from being interesting and maybe a parody of shounen to a long, drawn-out, and unbelievably generic shounen plotline that is hard to call even a parody.

It does boring stupid shit for like 90 pages and then does one interesting thing that another shounen would never do.

Attached: 20171213_161330-1-1.jpg (611x566, 58K)

That's pretty much how it is

>Didn’t read Henshin Ganbo.
Read it and tell me what you think.

This hurts every time I see it.

Zenkichi is a good guy

Truly best girl.

never understood what zenkichi abnormality was or what he was at the end

Kumagawa is best boy

Also styles are still confusing and make me angry

Sequel with Kumagawa and Ajimu when?

something something trope breaker

Wasn't he the only normal guy in the group?

Do people actually like Zenkichi or something? He's literally why I never finished the manga

I like the guy, and it hurt me when everyone started bullying him on the second to the last arc. Literally everyone was shitting on him, especially Medaka. Made me hate that whore and even worse that she ended up with Zen as an old used up roastie in the end.

I just found him as an annoying gary stue, never finished the manga but glad that happened to him.

>everyone loses their superpowers at the end
>except Kumagawa probably
Looks like he was the winner after all

He blocks plot armor

>gary stu
>loses every fight but 1

Post best boy

Attached: medaka-box-2191447.jpg (800x1164, 168K)

I dont remember this.
I should just reread medaka box though, shit has too many good moments even if it was shit.

Or someone can storytime the whole thing?

>storytime
Maybe one day. I'll need to download the entire thing again though, since my old computer died.

iirc it made results from an action absolute and not subject to the factor of probability. Might be completely wrong

literally nothing

>My gary stu broken special ability is even more broken than yours: The series

What the fuck does that mean?

I think it moves the opponent to Zen's level, a mere human. I could be wrong since its been forever since I read this.

Oh okay. Wasn't one of the powers Kumagawas had something like that?

essentially it cancelled out main character powers.
say for instance an alien is moving to the school. obviously a main character would have said alien in their class, but zenkichis devil style would cancel this out and instead give the arrangement a fairness.
It did however not cancel out non main character powers. it just made a mary sue slightly easier to deal with

Honestly I only liked the original premise of a student run help box. Once they jumped shark from that I couldnt care less. It just became a story about subverting battle shonen without any reason to do such a thing. A good subversion is about acknowledging the trope and highlighting why it doesnt really work when you put it to practice. Medaka Box just did it to be the manga equivalent of early 2000's lol-so-random internet shock value.

How does she even lose.

Do the main mary-sue just copy every power she have ?

Fresh.

What ?

Fresh.

You heard him
Fresh

Doesn't that technically make him the strongest character in the series?

Attached: mb kamome 4.jpg (849x654, 439K)

At least he took the main character status away from his girlfriend kinda sorta.

This series would have been better if it didn't have that monster demon at the end.

By not being FRESH enough

Ideally, Medaka Box should have ended when Zenkichi became student council president.

No way fag, we would miss out on Good loser Kumagawa part 2

Then, ideally, Medaka Box should have ended when Zenkichi became student council president to become a Kumagawa spinnoff instead.

it saves him from the main character getting a mary sue event, it doesnt save him from the main character using a punch to pummel him into the ground
Fresh

At least give me the number of the chapter in which she loses

Attached: Iron Mask.jpg (1099x1180, 918K)

Fresh.

Attached: heh.png (335x334, 102K)

Fresh

Why did they ripped off OPM?

Attached: 4686838-copm_007_006.jpg (860x1236, 384K)

I think him just fucking that stuff over is part of why Iihiko was fun.

Attached: 1517413061203.gif (480x270, 671K)

I went into this manga not knowing what to expect, aside from kumagawa being best
came out realizing that he is indeed the best

aside from that, i felt that the manga was really just trying to be meta for the sake of being meta. only interesting parts were kumagawa and based ashin-in san, but aside from that it was hassling to get through it because i felt no attachment to the people who aren't the previously stated

If you're not mature enough to understand a fucking Shonen Jump series while being over 14 then you might as well kill yourself.

Attached: 1320698056289.png (184x208, 43K)

Kumagawa sequel when.

This

> i felt that the manga was really just trying to be meta for the sake of being meta.
From that sentence only I can understand you started reading this manga after reading anons complaining with buzzwords about it. So you made no effort to make your own opinion and just jumped in the shitposting bandwagon.

I assure you, that's my own opinion that I formed after reading it. It was interesting the first few times but then it became way too nonsensical for my tastes.
>I'll end this manga before the anime airs
>I'm the main character etc etc
It was small at the start, just a few hints here and there then it became more and more blatant and it felt like a pain to read something that tries to act so self-aware but unironically. call me a brainlet if you want, but that's how I saw it

Well okay, I guess you can see it like that. But to be fair
> really just trying to be meta for the sake of being meta
that really felt like a typical user pasting something he saw in another thread to fit in.

kumagawa's power moved you into a minus

My mistake, but it got the purpose through, I guess. If anything, I found more threads praising it rather than dumping on it after reading it. Might give it a reread after some time to see if I missed anything that others found interesting.

Fresh.

Attached: 1434622779393.jpg (228x221, 15K)

>For a long time I used to go to bed early. Sometimes, when I had put out my candle, my eyes would close so quickly that I had not even time to say "I'm going to sleep." And half an hour later the thought that it was time to go to sleep would awaken me; I would try to put away the book which, I imagined, was still in my hands, and to blow out the light; I had been thinking all the time, while I was asleep, of what I had just been reading, but my thoughts had run into a channel of their own, until I myself seemed actually to have become the subject of my book: a church, a quartet, the rivalry between François I and Charles V. This impression would persist for some moments after I was awake; it did not disturb my mind, but it lay like scales upon my eyes and prevented them from registering the fact that the candle was no longer burning. Then it would begin to seem unintelligible, as the thoughts of a former existence must be to a reincarnate spirit; the subject of my book would separate itself from me, leaving me free to choose whether I would form part of it or no; and at the same time my sight would return and I would be astonished to find myself in a state of darkness, pleasant and restful enough for the eyes, and even more, perhaps, for my mind, to which it appeared incomprehensible, without a cause, a matter dark indeed.
I would ask myself what o'clock it could be; I could hear the whistling of trains, which, now nearer and now farther off, punctuating the distance like the note of a bird in a forest, shewed me in perspective the deserted countryside through which a traveller would be hurrying towards the nearest station: the path that he followed being fixed for ever in his memory by the general excitement due to being in a strange place, to doing unusual things, to the last words of conversation, to farewells exchanged beneath an unfamiliar lamp which echoed still in his ears amid the silence of the night; and to the delightful prospect of being once..

Jesus!

Some villain has the power to just ignore all previously shown powers, maybe for some meta reason, unless you use the specific kind of power he is vulnerable against

Fresh, on the fresh page

Believe me, most of Sup Forums did not really get it.

Zen was the real marry sue all the time

More like the true mc

See OP this is just what I meant.

Artificial difficulty in manga form.

Attached: 1489787482417.jpg (856x694, 308K)

It works really well in this case. The girl is a yandere, and her wall of text is meant to disturb you, to underline her yandere tendencies. By inserting a wall of text when a manga usually doesn't have that, it achieves that effect.

Attached: 1492203945946.png (636x676, 433K)

I feel like I like this manga way more than the average person for some reason.

That's because the average person is unlikable, user.

>4 years have passed since then. I'm 19 years old now and I've beeMANGAHERE.COM

Attached: das it mane 2.jpg (640x427, 116K)

>ITT: shitters who went full light novel mode

But it doesn't disturb. It just irritates you. You look at the page and the first thing you wonder is whether you are really going to read all that shit. There is a calculation going on in your head as you try to figure out how much of the story you might miss if you just skip the wall of text. And then you get angry at the mangaka for putting you into this position, for making reading a manga a fucking chore.
You've not even read a single word yet, and you have not spent a thought on the girl who's almost hidden in between the bricks of solid text. All your frustration is aimed at the manga, not at the girl.

I know because I secretly am you.

If you didn't read it when it was being published then you just shouldn't bother with it.

>thinking words are bad
You failed to understand why a block of text was appropriate.

Attached: img000008.png (971x1400, 295K)

That was a great one shot