How does DBSuper stack up to DBZ? Is it worth watching?

How does DBSuper stack up to DBZ? Is it worth watching?

Attached: dragon-ball-super.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Super honestly feels like fan content.

>Is it worth watching?
Not really, no.
But you'll still watch it.

If you liked DBZ for le ebin tension, then no. If you want to enjoy Goku and Vegeta dicking around in retirement, yes.

Super was good for water cooler conversation. Shittalking stuff in threads with memes, and other people having fun. I couldn't imagine watching DBS alone. It'd be such a massive slog.

Honestly, your best bet, once it finishes its run, is to watch it on Toonami and go to the dub threads for it. You'll be able to get a (semi) decent experience out of it.

Attached: 1518850341797.webm (720x405, 1.79M)

The first Dragon Ball was worth watching. Everything else from DBZ is shit

Super is at its best when it's comfy and the characters having lighthearted adventures. The Zamasu arc was a nice change of pace to a more serious tone and it was genuinely entertaining with the misteries and speculations, despite some mistakes and a controversial ending. The ToP was the point when the show jumped the shark. It ran for too long, Toei/Bandai wanted to pushed different characters for selling toys and videogames (Kefla, Jiren, etc) or just for petty personal reasons (17) so it became a half hour toy commercial. Maybe that's why Super is taking a break, it needs a re-estructuration

I think Super's hasty production has been plaguing it from day 1. I hope they use this time to finally get a lot more organized and come back with something substantially better.
I really don't want the animated side of the franchise to continue on in only movies since I didn't particularly enjoy the last 2, and would rather not have to wait almost a year for more disappointment. That said I also hope that if Dragon Ball does come back as a weekly series, they don't start it off with recapping whatever movies came out in the interim

Black arc is great honestly.

Not even in the slightest. It's literally fanfiction tier

Attached: SS2 Goku vs Kid Buu.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

If it helps you can skip 2 whole arcs by watching the last 2 movies

Attached: 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎.webm (640x480, 2.94M)

God no
Anyone who says Super is even remotely decent is either lying or retarded

Attached: 1481598497128.png (748x539, 293K)

>Is it worth watching?
No. Just like any action shounen, you can just watch the better parts on YouTube.

>Is it worth watching?
not without Sup Forums. you won't enjoy it if you don't go to the threads after each episode to shitpost, because it is that bad.

every fucking episode

It's actually impressive how terrible they managed to make it. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about it.

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 82K)

If DBZ were a 10/10 DBS would be like a 4/10. It's bad. Your enjoyment of DBS will depend on how much of a Dragon Ball fanboy you are and how desperate you're of watching more of the characters. DBS feels like a shitty fan-fiction.

It's worth it

Attached: 1517337618379.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

no, it's really, really bad

the first arc is watchable for the nostalgia and because Beerus and Whis are good characters, but it nosedives hard soon after

it gets remotely watchable again during a time travel arc that makes no sense, then enters the most boring dogshit arc to ever grace dragonball

the worst part is it gaslights you into believing "maybe dragonball was always this bad..." but then they show clips from DBZ in flashbacks and you thankfully remember how much better DBZ was

>the first arc is watchable
No, it's not.

>watchable for the nostalgia and because Beerus and Whis are good characters
> and because Beerus and Whis are good characters

Attached: 1503499558112.png (800x800, 763K)

I guess I'm alone in liking them? They're the only thing I've enjoyed in Super.

Wrong video

Attached: 1517514397168.webm (1920x1080, 2.65M)

>DBZ finally gets decent animation
>Buu arc is absolute trash

They took a cheap movie that dragged for too long and made it even cheaper while making it drag even more. The first arc is absolute, unwatchable garbage.

>ki spam
>ki spam
>ki spam
>teleports behind you
>le ebin magic haircut

Z was a mistake.

Attached: 1503840545692.webm (512x384, 2.82M)

It'll definitely return to the weekly format. Nostalgic reboots like Gegege no Kitaro tend to run for 52 episodes. But yeah, it'll be a waste to do the movie again. Toei did it because they were sharing the rights with 20th century fox but it may be just an adventure, a what-if Goku met Yamoshii

If Super comes back, it needs to start from the beginning and adapt the manga, THEN go beyond the tournament of power. That's the only way it can possibly be redeemed.

Attached: d58.jpg (500x395, 99K)

No, it doesn't, absolutely everything about DBS, with le ebin blue Super Saiyan and unironical Goku Blanco was a fucking mistake.
If DBS gets a continuation, call it something else and ignore everything that happened in Super.

No
Super should never have happened. No amount of toei/toyo apologists can change how terrible Super is and always will be. This shit is worse than fanfiction

Or just cancel it and stop making DBZ sequels that nobody but a bunch of spics asked for.
DBS is nothing but Toriyama showing to the world why DBZ ended, because he has no fucking idea what to do besides repeating the exact same shit over and over again.

This OP
Maybe keep up to the dub to discuss with reddit

>spics
Doesn't Super have a huge amounts on views on Crunchyroll?

Why not Sup Forums?

>Is it worth watching?
Fuck no.

Super is a horrendous cash grab devout of any creativity and charm that blessed the original series. It's GT levels of bad.

I still watched all of it anyway

>b-b-but muh manga
Gtfo DBSpic.