What does a think of death note?

What does \a\ think of death note?

Attached: PessimisticIllustriousDore-size_restricted.gif (500x338, 876K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tX1_K-mUH94
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is good, too mainstream though

good until Ladies

Relatable until episode 3 where he kills the female detective, great until L dies, total shit when M&N take over

Honestly one of the best anime ever made, its up there with code geass and blue exorcist

It's really fun until L dies. Honestly it just should have ended there.

It is great until Light takes away his own memory then it is simply average until he gets it back and it becomes good again until L's death and after that it is shit.
Overall an above-average show.

turns to shit when L dies but everything before that is amazing

It was seriously fucking intense when waiting for each episode, between around 6-10.
Some of the moves they pulled were brilliant. Some of it seemed contrived, but most ambitious plots tend to do the same (Code Geass) otherwise they tend to get very drawn out (Monster)
Overall, good plot twists, but after the first arc, I kind of just watched it to see how it would get wrapped up

yes.

>tumblr: the anime

Who are you quoting?

I liked Mello.

Go back.

Attached: 1481516847484.png (472x716, 596K)

First 2/3rds are good, last part is a complete mess filled with plot holes and out of character decisions, ending redeems a bit of it. L really was the heart of the story.

I liked the first 2/3rds of it

Attached: 74657678868.png (422x384, 227K)

Manga > Musical > Films (Jap) > Anime > Dorama > Spinoff Films > Film (American)

Light is an excellent swimming instructor

Or at least make Light's father to take him down, not N or any other flat characters...

We don't talk about the american film here, user.

it was really enjoyable, my friend overhyped the fuck out of it though calling it some intellectual anime

so it's actually the "Rick and Morty" of anime?

?my friend unironically thinks rick n morty is hilarious as well as thinking DN is intellectual

A very good show, but even then it's overrated.
This guy gets it though.

Its a really gr8 netflix movie but what does that have to do with anime?

I wholeheartedly agree

>have the balls to kill off a main character halfway through the series
>replace him with a clone with slightly different autistic quirks and none of the charisma
What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: dn near.jpg (640x360, 43K)

Thought it was good, with good use of symbolism, in I guess a subtle religious way? I dunno, the tropes and literary themes they played on were good. I thought the animation was top tier also. Specifically the "takeachipandEATit" scene comes to mind.

Also fuck it man, Team Light. Square up.

Attached: d9bc64ac422ceb04c6ead4161a4b2d4469098cd0_hq.jpg (633x357, 16K)

It´s shit and Light is a dumb fuck.

Pretty much.

yeah objectively this

God-tier soundtrack and theme, good characters and story until L dies. Light was a great character, because while clearly being a psycho and master manipulator he was also likeable, people were rooting for him.

There was some homo-bait parts, but that's unavoidable in stories with 2 male friend/enemies (see barserk).

I wasn't around when the American Death Note movie premiered. What was Sup Forums like during that time? I can only imagine the vast amounts of asspain searing through this board. That movie was fucking horrendous; truly the Last Airbender of its time.

Attached: 1465931872143.jpg (606x508, 64K)

yep

>\a\

it should've ended with this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=tX1_K-mUH94

most of Sup Forums actually admitted it was a good adaptation and were pleasantly surprised

There's a subtle line between baiting and just plain fucking with people the old-fashioned way. You fall in the latter category. There is absolutely no way there was a positive consensus about Netflix Note, least of all on Sup Forums.

Attached: 1327371428776.jpg (807x810, 61K)

Barely anyone watched it. Even fewer cared.

its true user its actually not that bad

Did you watch the same movie as me? It's Final Destination in Seattle with weebs, Willam Dafoe, and one stray sci-fi gun from the set of the Lost in Space movie. No character is accurate, the rules of the Death Note are fucked, everyone acts dumb as hell, and in the end, it's the most generic revenge plot ever where a bland, shallow misanthrope kills anyone he doesn't like and fucks the one bitch crazy enough to fall for him because he's a sad, pathetic little white knight beta virgin with no control over his life and no foresight, pretty much the opposite of Light in the original series. There's nobody to root for, no believable characters, just a tagalong Willam who is the only saving grace in the entire crapfest.

Great anime and very influential that deserved its fame, from the beginning till the end. Then other anime tried to mimic it and failed like Code Geass.

>\a\

This. I was bored by the corporate part of the story but then when he got his memories back, I felt like it paid off to watch those episodes. And yeah, after the time skip, it's absolute shit,

I feel like there should have been more mental strain on Light for getting his memory back. Just imagine if instead of killing Higuchi on the spot he has that realization of "Oh God this monster was me." Then the two personas (Light and Kira) going against each other to trying to move their plans forward

Also this, Near is just a less interesting clone of L

The meme opinion, albeit true

>blue exorcist and code geass anywhere close to each other
What?

The only people here with Netflix are the people who infest the hourly shill threads and the 2 faggots who fall for them

I watch anime since childhood, but with DN I began to saw as much as I do today