Is this the only Shoujo series that can actually appeal to anyone...

Is this the only Shoujo series that can actually appeal to anyone? Finding a good Shoujo series that isn't just fujoshit is almost impossible (and rightfully so), but this one is pretty good.

Attached: ore monogatari.jpg (692x431, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangadex.org/manga/9762/dame-na-watashi-ni-koishite-kudasai
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ouran Host club appeals to everyone.

No.

Nope, the comedy is more aproachable for more demographics but the cast of pretty boys are 100% staples for shoujo manga, the cute shota, the handsome prince, the handsome yaoi bait twins, the stern handsome prince.

Ouran's only legacy around here is from 12 years ago with the BADASS MANLY ANIME REVIEWER memes.

Nice lips

Nah.

Love Com
Hiyokoi
Kimi ni Todoke

These are pretty neutral, it isn't plagued by retarded relationships based on dumb girls and abusive dudes found in many shoujo manga.

Cardcaptor Sakura user

CCS. I like Clamp's other stuff too but maybe they go too far in the direction you don't want.

Cowboy Bebop's manga was serialized in a shojo magazine

Sure as hell didn't appeal to me.

>Kimi ni Todoke
>not dumb girls
lol, if you liked S2 your taste is irredeemably shit

My ex liked this series so I don't like it

Attached: 1432179482646.png (640x640, 15K)

I can see why she liked it

nice stealth rec thread

>"finally an anime i can relate to!"
>"wow this guy is an ugly piece of shit but has a nice set of useful skills. time to find someone ugly who isn't a worthless piece of shit."

Attached: 1520566079803.jpg (1600x1188, 145K)

>Cowboy Bebop's manga was serialized in a shojo magazine
It was also a different story, with a girl as a POV character being around Spike.

There's a really good shoujo adaptation airing this season though.

Damn I got baited.

Attached: 1517088175688.jpg (1280x720, 365K)

Dumb girls not being chained to abusive relationships yes that's the point.

I almost replied but this saved me

The moeblob babies are pretty cute and it finally got an anime adaptation, not shoujo cancer in the slightiest.

Thanks, guys

>mfw I grew up to become like the villain of a shojo mango instead of like the main character of a shonen mango

Attached: 1520569867119.gif (274x249, 211K)

Better be a cunning bitch than a naive girl.

I liked Nana despite how crazy it gets with the drama.

but i have a penis

Attached: 1506213271158.jpg (721x1024, 91K)

NANA is the definition of Shoujo for girls only, a man cannot relate to the bullshit found in it, if one is a dude and relates to it, boy I got some news for you.

Action shoujo typically is a bit more tolerable
Personally I like xxxholic, it’s a fucking shoujo and you know it, so maybe you will
But honestly, just start reading josei, you’re not a fucking child

Then it's just for show, you are a girl that identifies with a damn shoujo stereotype.

>Shoujo
>no rape
this cleary doesn't pander to typical shoujo readers

>But honestly, just start reading josei, you’re not a fucking child
To get even MORE cancerous? Josei is all about those adultery tales or coming into terms with homosexuality.

xxxHolic was serialized in a seinen and then a shonen magazine. It's got a shojo-ish artstyle because it's Clamp but it isn't shojo.

read more.

Attached: 1508094146834.jpg (500x693, 174K)

are there villains in this manga?

>it’s a fucking shoujo and you know it
Whatever you think about a series doesn't change its official demographic.

Nah man, josei is pretty diverse

FUCK YOU MAN, ITS SHOUJO

People seriously need to learn what the demographic terms mean.

Being published in a specific magazine doesn’t mean it’s demographic is set in stone
Fuck you

Being in a specific magazine means it's part of that magazine's demographic. That's the only thing those terms mean. They have their trends due to the magazine but content has nothing to do with those terms.

Fuck you, there’s no way it isn’t for girls
Being published in a Shōnen or Seinen magazine doesn’t mean that only boys can read it or that girls won’t like it more than boys

>xxxHolic
>shoujo

You're an idiot.

I bet you speed read the fucking manga too

How about a shoujo that is plagued by an overpowered hero just like the usual isekai mediocrity? The thing that it made it a shoujo work is because the girl and her feelings are the focus.

Attached: Yuusha-sama ni Ikinari Kyuukon sareta no desu ga.jpg (247x350, 27K)

You're right, it doesn't, but that doesn't change the demographic. Girls buying shonen magazines don't make the magazines not shonen. And same with shojo. But being in a shonen magazine makes something shonen and the same for every other one of those terms.

>Nah man, josei is pretty diverse
Tell me a Josei that doesn't feature any of these.

- Betrayal
- Homosexuals
- Adultery
- Breaking social norms (i.e my work is boring, I will make it different)
- Rape.

>Breaking social norms (i.e my work is boring, I will make it different)
This is a pretty specific one that would probably apply to a really large amount of manga of any demographic.

>breaking social norms
That’s basically every manga ever

This fucker.

Attached: 1505530589793.jpg (1280x720, 341K)

Dramas based on progression resets and the two main characters who literally cannot talk to each other for 2 sentences each for an entire season isn't any better than abusive relationships. If that's your bar I'd rather take abusive relationships, or at least power dynamics.
>give me recs please
fuck off

>Kaichou wa Maid-sama?

>fuck off
The burden of proof is on you, thus Josei has no diversity, it's all the same shit.

Show me a fucking homosexual on this manga

mangadex.org/manga/9762/dame-na-watashi-ni-koishite-kudasai

>If that's your bar I'd rather take abusive relationships
The reason shoujo's best selling titles are always the same trash right there.

Attached: Hana-Yori_dango.jpg (1500x1051, 516K)

I don’t think that’s a fair assessment
How would you categorize a volume of manga that is popular with girls?
The magazine doesn’t decide who likes the manga.
And what about translations? If the publishing company says it’s for girls, does that change the demographic in a new country?

Sticking to magazine demographics is dumb if the manga is clearly more popular with women

I read this one, it has adultery, it isn't glorified and it is treaded badly, but it has it.

>it has adultery
Where?

Attached: Lady-oscar.jpg (500x334, 71K)

>kare-kano
>kodomo no omocha
>lovely complex
just to list stuff on my library

>The magazine doesn’t decide who likes the manga.
The magazine decides who the usually want to buy it, if girls are flocking it, that's on them, the magazine isn't obligated to appeal to them.

Shounen magazines usually has articles on video games, sports and the like, stuff usually associated with boys even girls can like this stuff too, same with Shoujo magazines having articles on gossips, fashion trends and so on, that's usually for girls, if a boy likes that too that's on him, the magazine is not obligated to shape itself to its unitended demographic.

>He hasn't read or watched Rose of Versailles

Attached: 98563.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

The magazine it was published in is all that matters for this. Magazines are the only things that are categorized like that to my knowledge. I think you're pointing out that it's kind of pointless to use and I agree. People use it way too much for various reasons that have nothing to do with this categorization. It's still kind of useful for talking about stuff outside of serialization though I guess. But your argument that a series running in a shojo magazine isn't shojo doesn't make much sense. Sure, guys can like the manga too but that doesn't change the magazine it's running in and who that magazine is aimed at.

Pure classic.

RE:RE:Hello is pretty good

>literally missed the point
Kimi ni Todoke won a fucking award, and it topped the Oricon best seller list with nearly every single new volume released. If you're going to point shoujo best sellers being just abusive relationships Kimi ni Todoke is a terrible example since it sold extremely well and isn't abusive.

Again, if your bar is that a shoujo is good if it's not an abusive relationship and you like Kimi ni Todoke because of that, you really have shit standards. Abusive relationships are tropey and can get bad like in Hana Yori but in all honesty they're usually at least more compelling than drama from two MCs that literally can't speak to each other.

>that isn't just fujoshit
I honestly think it's just that you're irredeemable and should stop trying altogether, then

I want to go to the Kingdom of Dreams with Hanazono!

Attached: Kawaii_Hito_v02_c05_006.png (800x1262, 394K)

Attached: Shoujo.Kakumei.Utena.full.1235664.jpg (800x600, 204K)

Try Shirayuki

Can't get more "MADE FOR GIRLS ONLY" than Utena.

it especially appealed to me when utena got BLACKED by the headmaster guy

Isn't that what shoujo is?
Also OP asked for a shoujo that doesn't appeal to fujoshi

Hey OP, how about you stop being an obnoxious faggot who makes threads to whine about shit you barely know, and instead put some time in reading shoujo stuff since you seem interested.

1. It's not shojo.
2. it's not that good.

>Is this the only Shoujo series that can actually appeal to anyone?

>It's not shojo
Yes it is.

>Isn't that what shoujo is?
Nope, shoujos are that the demographic but that doesn't nessesarly means that is only and exclusively, of cursw ther are ceirtain series that let that explicit but that's up to the author, same as shounen.

>Finding a good Shoujo series that isn't just fujoshit is almost impossible (and rightfully so), but this one is pretty good.

Yes it is

If it were shojo Suna would have impregnated Rinko halfway through.

That's josei

Immortal Rain is great and very broad appeal if don't have a problem with 600 year age gap

Is there any bigger case of defanged Xdere than this clown?

This manga bored me to tears.

I struggled to finish the first season of Kimi ni Todoke and dropped it halfway through the first episode of the second when Drama Inducing New Character was added and it was clear the whole fucking thing had been reset. I was only watching it for the side couples by the end anyway.

>love interest is the overpowered "hero" while the heroine is the viewpoint character
look what happens when you simply change perspectives. Though it would be more interesting to see an actual LN protagonist be the male lead and not some cookie cutter otome archetype.

The magazine it was published in is always the intended demographic, in cases where it turns out that wasn't the right demographic it moves to another magazine

It doesn't matter who likes it, if a girl reads a shonen magazine, it's because she wants to read shonen manga, not because she wants to read shojo manga

Theoretically you can have fringe cases where a series is originally serialized for one demographic but then later collected for another demographic but at that point it's just a change in marketing, the demographic it was serialized for is the intent of the work and the demographic it was later marketed to was just a business decision to try and capitalize on sales and whatever other countries label a series as is completely irrelevant because other cultures misinterpret things all the time

>Oresama Teacher
>Last Game
>Natsume Yuujinchou
>Akatsuki no Yona
>Akagami no Shirayukihime
Are some of the ones I like. I will admit seinen and shounen are a lot of the time better than josei and shoujo though.

Attached: MR-352053-621673-6.jpg (728x1154, 106K)

That show was terrible though

I’ll never get what anyone enjoyed out of that show. It was the animu equivelant of those hyper cute parody "snoomey snookey bear" romances where you want to see both people tossed under a bus. I hate how they never got past the eating snacks arc. Everything was snacks and they Suna kept being a third wheel because they were too autistic to do anything together themselves.

I HATE how they kept pounding in your head this theme of Red oni and Blue oni yet failing to actually capture that theme. I got that Takeo was the red oni but what the fuck did Suna do at all that made him blue? He sacrificed nothing, unless he's the one who started that one fire or made that one pillar fall it made no sense.

I hate how we had all these ridiculous events happening to Takeo in the first place to force Yamato's attraction toward's Takeo.

This show was fucking retarded.
It's like if they made all of Maki's stupid fantasies from Love Lab an actual anime.

How the FUCK any of you faggots enjoyed this shitty series, I'll never know. I could only go five or so episodes.

"Because it's cute and pure" is the common answer I've heard. I didn't enjoy it either though, all the characters were pretty bland.

It's just a matter of who it's aimed at, saying the demographics that aren't aimed at you are worse than the ones that are is the height of stupidity

Japan is totally different from the West because it publishes all its comics in magazines aimed at specific demographics and then goes out of its way to have many magazines dedicated to every demographic, they aren't trying to appeal to everyone, they are trying to create something for every market

And unlike Western comics where it's a boy's hobby that girls got into, manga has always been aimed at girls and some of the oldest manga magazines that exist right now are aimed at girls, not boys (and even more importantly, women are very successful in creating manga, so it's women writing for women but also men write shojo and women write shonen and are successful)

>Dame na watashi ni koishite kudasai
>1 of 1 match

BASED Sup Forumsnon knows what a good shoujo is.

>I hate how we had all these ridiculous events happening to Takeo in the first place to force Yamato's attraction toward's Takeo.
She fell for him the day they met (and vice versa).

It's a josei actually

Love Com (by the same author) is a shojo though

>saying the demographics that aren't aimed at you are worse than the ones that are is the height of stupidity
You are making untrue assumptions about me. Also saying that you aren't allowed to have an opinion about something just because you aren't the target demographic is stupid as well.
>oldest manga magazines that exist right now are aimed at girls
Why is the age of the magazine relevant to the quality discussion? Also I never said anything about women, if you think I am somehow trying to imply women are bad at creating manga I am not.

I'm not a fan of that one, the MC is pretty annoying.

I'm not an expert on genres, I'll keep it in mind though but I can tell when a good story is a good story and is worth a read nonetheless.

I guess because of the severe lack of drama that's usually associated with the demographic. There were still some dramatic moments, but the romance was solved early and the rest of the series focused on them in a relationship, a kind of plot that plenty of Sup Forumsnons were clamoring for for a while.

The last few chapters have been shit because of the side couple bullshit

Excelent taste user.

Does Sup Forums consider shoujo art a turnoff? I still struggle to find it acceptable, it just looks bad.

It sounds like you either didn't watch the series past a few episodes or watched it with "I'M GOING TO HATE THIS AND FIND ANY REASON TO!" goggles.
All your criticism is subjective and honestly speaks volumes more about the crippling autism that prevents you from understanding basic human interactions than the quality of the show itself.

I don't agree. It just depends on the artist.

Attached: 1519593303205.jpg (1280x720, 387K)

I doubt shojo has any more of a concrete art style than shonen or seinen. Tends to be more frilly from what I've seen though, but my experience with it is limited. I really really love how CCS Clear Card looks though.