Do you think yamcha deserved the treatment he got? Being turned into a joke/gag character? Fuck...

Do you think yamcha deserved the treatment he got? Being turned into a joke/gag character? Fuck, even krillin is relevant in DBS, but yamcha got tossed aside way before DBS...
Why does Toei hate yamcha so much?

Attached: Yamcha_tea.jpg (640x480, 26K)

If it was up to me he would have died a long time ago.

Useless character.

Attached: rjnthwON.jpg (512x512, 24K)

No, but it's realistic. Plenty of people around whose lives become a joke.

>Useless character
so 75% of the cast should just be permanently killed off?

I mean he pretty much started as a gag character, with his fear of women

Tien and Piccolo have nice moments because they aren't morons, Krillin was Goku's best friend so he's okay but Chaotzu and Yamcha should fuck off for good.

he was fucking a loli bulma user...

Being totally honest, I never understood why he was a reoccurring character in the first place. He always felt like an outlier and never like a serious contender and his character dynamic with Bulma got old fast.

He was a gag/joke character from his first appearance, you know? Not once was he a formidable opponent for Goku, and his only sthick was being scared of girls.

He got his own isekai manga.

being shit is hilarious. Someone's gotta fit the shoes, and Krillin is too cool.

>one of the few characters in Dragon Ball who legit beat Goku.

I would call beating Goku when he's about to pass out from hunger legit.

Better than winning against Goku because of Truck-kun

if you're a human and thus inherently worthless, you might as well be comic relief. imagine being that cuck tien who literally spends all of his free time training and is still weaker than krillin.

I'd rather be Krillin than ether of them.

>why does Toei hate Yamcha

What are you smoking? They used to do everything in their power to make him cool during the DB and Z anime. There's only so much they can do before Toriyama slaps their shit by making him do fuck all in Cell it being worst arc and all and Buu

Attached: Yamcha_and_Puar.jpg (1024x1536, 238K)

>literally the only "main" character that has something more than muh power beams
>gets shoved away

>tien is still a z fighter

No.

>16
>loli
>implying they even got together before the first timeskip

>literally the only "main" character that has something more than muh power beams
He never had anything

Spirit Ball was cool.

Attached: spirit_ball-sokidan.gif (333x250, 2.12M)

Yamcha's life doesn't actually make sense. Supposedly he cheats on Bulma yet according to Toriyama's recent interview he's still afraid of girls.

I'd easily trade all of the focus the later saiyan additions, like Goten and Trunks, got for focus on the OG Dragon Ball humans I already had a series worth of investment in.

Attached: 1519333783319.jpg (865x1300, 219K)

Yamcha seems like the kinda shithead that if some aggressive slut ordered him to fuck her, he'd do it because he's a huge bitch.

Let's face it, Toriyama is just not good at writing long lasting side characters.

He was actually my favorite character in Dragonball I was so disappointed when he got shat on in DBZ. Fuck DBZ.

>Tien isn't a moron
>Had like 4 different ways he could have avoided falling off the ring in ToP

>yamcha
He cheated on Bulma before even having sex with her.

1-0

get over it

He was the first villain

Oolong

At least he kept her pure for the Sayan Prince.

>Bulma
>Pure
Bitch is a born slut

Didn't the Pilaf Gang show up first?

I thought you meant villain turned friend. Either way, they didn't meet Goku before Oolong anyway, so since they weren't really antagonizing Goku then you can't really call them antagonists, ahead of Oolong at least.

Oh well I guess that makes sense

>roga fufu ken
>souki-dan i.e. the first instance of manipulating a ki projectile
>nothing

Okay, you're right. Yamcha had fuck all

It was flat out stated in the anime. Couldn't be any more cannon.

Also the Pilaf Gang only appeared first in filler, in manga they only show up when Goku and co get to his castle.

>Being turned into a joke/gag character?
He was always a joke character.
He's main bit was that he was scared of women.
He got over that and then he just got defeated by everyone.
He was always considered a bit of a loser by the rest of the gang, too.

As a fighter, Yamcha has been consistently outmatched by every fighter since early Dragon Ball.
He was only ever brought in to be instantly annihilated by someone.
Realising that he was never that great of a fighter and moving him over to baseball was the best thing to happen to the guy.

So he was the original Vegeta?

In his first two tournaments he put up admirable fights against what ended up being the winners.

You say that, but consider this angle as well

>live in the desert all your life, kill and rob to survive
>eventually a bunch of clowns come along and present you with knowledge of the Dragon Balls, those things that can either get you a woman or better living conditions
>eventually train with the monkey kid's master and get strong as fuck
>you are now one of the strongest men on earth
>but are outclassed by literally all of your other friends that train the same
>too amazing at fighting to be considered a normie chump but too normie to be considered amazing at fighting by your mates
>they don't even invite you to throwdowns anymore
>baseball is literally just to put food on the table, too easy for a superhuman martial artist
>if he enters another tournament, he'll have to deal with his mates or a bunch of multiverse aliens

Being Yamcha is suffering, he just wanted to fight and compete only to get outclassed by absolutely everyone

Attached: mpv-shot0022.jpg (720x540, 64K)

Yamcha wasnt even a joke in Z. Sure he became irrelevant, but he wasnt made out to be a total loser until Super. The only reason Super did it was to pander to the stupid meme fans.

>Yamcha wasnt even a joke in Z.
He got killed by a Saibaman. He didn't even get killed by Nappa.
He got cucked by Vegeta.
He got fisted by Dr Gero and the he decided to quit.

That is the total extent of Yamcha's contribution to Z.

at least his hairline doesn't look like the fucking batman symbol

Did you know Yamcha was popular enough to get his own movie?

It's weird that they just abandoned Yamcha as a character.

I always thought it made sense.

>afraid of girls
>gets Bulma
>learns how to handle a girl
>gets more girls

It actually happens IRL a lot too.

Realistically, Yamcha is actually an amazing fighter, but by Earth standards.

Meaning, he's just a talent among gods.

>Do you think yamcha deserved the treatment he got?
Yamcha giving up fighting makes sense, he has always been weaker than Tien and Krillin, let alone Piccolo and the Saiyans. It's sad he never married though, it was his dream in DB and DBZ.

>He was always a joke character.
Everyone was a joke character in early Dragon Ball.

>He was always considered a bit of a loser by the rest of the gang, too.
Only in Super, even Bulma's mother craved Yamcha's cock in Dragon Ball.

>turned
He was always worthless.

It's just Krillin's disc in ball form.

Through all the years and neglect, Yamcha is still my favorite character of the bunch.

Attached: 500px-YamchaVsHero.png (500x375, 246K)

He was literally the one who stopped Great Ape Goku and saved Bulma.

Sokidan came first though

What movie?

As someone who started with OG Dragonball and not DBZ I fucking love Yamcha and am really pissed off at how they treated the character that was once stronger than Goku

During the first half of the original series, Yamcha:

>saved Goku and Bulma from the Rabbit Mob
>saved Bulma, Oolong and Puar by himself from being crushed by Great Ape Goku
>stopped Great Ape Goku (with a little help from Puar), saving Bulma AGAIN
>instructed Puar and Upa on how to defeat Dracula Man (who previously defeated Krillin)
>defeated the Invisible Man

Then he started to fade into irrelevance.

I wonder if some people here have watched Dragon Ball,

He's too American acting. A boisterous chad dude with a sick hockey mullet that lives to fuck bitches and make money. Nips didn't like it.

IIRC Yamcha was also the first character to show a fully controllable energy attack.

That's just because the English VA has flat delivery and sounds like a dude bro. The Japanese VA is much better

Bulma's the one saying he cheated on her, and she thought that back in original Dragonball just because a few other girls thought he was hot.

Bulma's the insanely jealous type, and the only reason she's still with Vegeta is because he doesn't know anyone outside the cast and is super anti-social. If Vegeta went to universe 6 saiyan planet and got any attention there Bulma would throw an autistic shitfit.

t

After seeing what they did with Tien I would rather have Yamcha being happy in the background.

Akira also confirmed he cheated on her, it's out of character though.

Who cares about Bulma if you have a flying onahole with Pool.

Sadly, she got written out for that isekai spin-off

>yet according to Toriyama's recent interview
don't care about these
he's senile

He could have been the champion of the tenkaichi during the Mr Satan years if he tried.

Puar is a boy

I love the douchey American delivery. Totally fits him. Just look at the guy.

I see what you mean, but look at it through the eyes of a child.

You're watching Dragon Ball Z for the first time. You barely know who any of these characters are, but you just watched Raditz vs Goku and Piccolo, which is right now the greatest thing you've ever seen in your life, and the next enemies are being setup as far, far stronger, and your boys the "Z-fighters" are going to stop them. According to the teasers anyway.

Being a young boy, or possibly girl, you have already been obsessed with Power Rangers since you could barely speak. The "Z-fighters" look an awful lot like a group of power rangers themselves. Each one probably has some amazing power or ability. Like Sailor Moon even! All or her friends developed super powers!

Well, when you look at the Z-fighters as a child, you and all your friends will immediately decide upon who is your favorite. Since Goku was out of the fray and everyone's favorite already, it was Yamcha that seemed the "coolest" of the entire cast. Hell his long hair and scar made him look way cooler than Goku.

Up until you watch him die from a kamikaze attack, you genuinely believe Yamcha is the real star of this show, because he's the coolest looking character.

When Namek rolled around, I had 100% anticipated Yamcha and Tenshinhan and Piccolo coming to Namek, especially when the Ginyu Force arrived. The Ginyu Force was basically designed to fight the old crew.

But alas, Yamcha was never delivered. He could have at least have been stronger than Gero, to show that humans can compete with Super Saiyans if they try, even if he stagnated beneath the other androids and Cell, I would have been content.

Thus is why a whole generation of Yamcha fans exists, and why they say Yamcha is wasted potential.

>Not once was he a formidable opponent for Goku

Attached: 1451030948502.webm (512x384, 2.58M)

Wasn't Goku starving to near unconscious during their first canon fight? I haven't seen that movie. Path of Power was it? I read its story once and it sounds like an amazing stand-alone story.

Also, this level of fighting would have been very impressive in the Tournament of Power. It's a shame that Toriyama couldn't have come up with some enlightened-being based transformation for humans, since it's in our lore.

this changes nothing

That's a fucking movie you chode