This new Card Captor Sakura CC doesn't hold a candle to the older series

Card Captor Sakura CC:

No character development for Syaoran.
No character development for Sakura.

Also why is Sakura capturing cards all over again?

I hope the next series has some sort of Nanoha plot.

An ancient alien for is invading earth, and Sakura has to finally put all of her power to some use.

Attached: EXUNHhO.jpg (1920x1080, 413K)

Other urls found in this thread:

etsy.com/ie/listing/262034336/cardcaptor-sakura-sakura-card-book-set
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The older Sakura wasn't that good either.

>I hope the next series has some sort of Nanoha plot.
>An ancient alien for is invading earth, and Sakura has to finally put all of her power to some use.
And you seem to have missed the entire point of CCS, on top of it all.

Water is also wet

CCS isn't supposed to be DBZ.

There's too much character development for Syaoran considering people complain all the time that he doesn't act exactly how he did in the original series. I'm enjoying it a lot, the manga at least. The anime isn't that good.

I don't want to be the "I told you so" guy, but I told you so. There was no way for them to recapture the magic of the original show. They could make a good show, but it would always be overshadowed by what came before. And since this show is sticking closer to the CLAMP source material, it was doubly doomed.

>Also why is Sakura capturing cards all over again?
It's in the name. Yes, it would be much better to see a new story gimmick, but then it wouldn't be able to be called "CardCaptor" Sakura. It would have to be called "Mahou Shoujo [insert mechanic] Sakura".

>I hope the next series has some sort of Nanoha plot.
So you want it to be the exact opposite of CCS? How is that going to help?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_05.58_[2018.01.21_23.09.08].jp (1920x1080, 116K)

>And since this show is sticking closer to the CLAMP source material, it was doubly doomed.
Only people who haven't read the manga think this. It deviates a lot and there are several card captures that have been completely changed and I think all of them were made worse. That's one of the main reasons I'm pretty disappointed in the anime. And on top of that they've had two entire "hey look, you remember this from the original series right" episodes.

They're adding in a bunch of pointless filler so they won't pass the manga. It would be fine if they added in good filler (like the old show did), but they're not. Because they're avoiding doing anything that will contradict the CLAMP manga, which is being followed much closer.

The original anime changed a lot from the source material and as a result, it improved on it. This new series is just adapting the manga straight. And wherever it can't do that, it is making bland episodes that have nothing going on. To keep from overriding the source.

Having a few unique cards isn't meaningful content because the slice of life segments in between those are so fucking boring and have nothing to do with the new cards. In the old show, the slice of life/character development was the focus and the cards just tied into it.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00.10_[2018.01.21_23.02.54].jp (1920x1080, 105K)

It isn't adapting the manga straight. Record, Spiral, Labyrinth, and Snooze are all completely different in the anime, to the point of cutting out character participation and potential story aspects. And their filler has already contradicted the matching costumes with the remake of the aquarium episode. And like you said the filler is pretty bad. All around it's pretty shit but not because they're "following the manga too closely". It's the opposite. They're not sticking close enough and the filler they replace stuff with and pad stuff out with is bad.

it's shit

you are retarded

I don't think it is bad but I hate that CLAMP just seem interested in the mystery surrounding Akiho (who is the worst possible addition to the cast), instead of focusing more on the characters they had.

Great counter points.

>wow this free stuff I'm getting sure sucks I wish they didn't revive this series at all :^)

Attached: 1476028851478.jpg (1440x900, 582K)

mike-kun looks like an asshole

I love Clear Card
I'm going to buy the new Clear Card deck when it releases to go alongside my Clow Card deck.

I hope they release a better set of Sakura Cards that won't destroy my wallet.

Then and now, Card Captors was pretty boring.
Lets be honest.

They should at LEAST be this good, IMO:
etsy.com/ie/listing/262034336/cardcaptor-sakura-sakura-card-book-set

Otherwise, why bother? The only reason I own the toy set is because these didn't exist when I bought them.

>if something is free, you can't complain about it
Guess I can't point out how there's millions of shitty smartphone games and apps.

>Card Captors

Attached: [HorribleSubs]_Cardcaptor_Sakura_Clear_Card_-_06_[720p].mkv_snapshot_08.20_[2018.02.26_23.52.04].jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Card Captors wasn't boring. It was maddening and annoying.

have they released a new set of cards for buying?

I wish the cards gave more of a fight. It's boring to how all cards just let themselves captured with minimal action.

Just wait till they start adapting the chapters with no cards at all. Though this season will probably be over before that but I wonder how shitty the anime will be for those episodes.

the fucked happened to the aspect ratio?

Attached: 65f50074cc3dc8d12cc83169b1e2f533.jpg (6126x4085, 1.97M)