You told me that Sangatsu had realistic portrayal of bullying. Realistic my ass! That's a fucking soap opera!

You told me that Sangatsu had realistic portrayal of bullying. Realistic my ass! That's a fucking soap opera!

All those violins, tears and slow motion. Jesus!

Attached: file.png (426x600, 643K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k2sa3vIdydU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>You told me
I think you are confusing me with somebody else.

3gatsu is emotionally manipulative as fuck

Nobody told you that, you're just pulling things out of your ass becausae you want a 3-gatsu thread.

Attached: 1521410133397.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

First season had its fair share of problems in shift in tone but after episode 10, it improves.

Yeah, real life doesn't have BGM and visual direction. Did you figure that out by yourself?

when will rei get with akari?

Watch the superior shogi anime

Attached: 67207012_p0.png (800x1129, 769K)

I'd watch it if they dropped the shogi and only focused on lolis.

Attached: old shogi man.jpg (720x720, 210K)

There are no realistic portrayals of bulling in anime.

Koe no Katachi

Absurdly romanticized bullying. Less realistic than Sangatsu's.

I'm tired of manga about bullying where the victim is a puppy and the bully is the personification of Satan.

How about Satan getting bullied by a puppy?
youtube.com/watch?v=k2sa3vIdydU

>Realistic my ass!
>All those violins, tears and slow motion. Jesus!
All of those things exist or have at some point, I don't see how it's unrealistic

It's manipualtive, user. Like "oh, look how sad this scene is, cry viewer, CRY!"

So?

SHAFT ruined the bullying arc to be quite honest

That isn't KnK, though. KnK tells the story from the bully's perspective and the bullee is a broken girl who tries to kill herself.

That's KnK as the victim is a puppy.
In Sangatsu they're both different.

How am I supposed to believe and be moved if what I'm seeing is artificial?

You're confusing 'puppy' with self-deprecating and crippled with depression

why?

You do know what you're seeing on screen is not real life, right? It is artificially made, planned, wrote and directed beforehand.

Yeah, victim who blames herself and does nothing to defend herself is exactly what I mean.

Of course it's artificial.
What's its manipulative nature got to do with that?

All art forms are manipulative because they all try to to evoke a certain emotion or state of mind. What matters is whether or not they succeed, some go for a more subtle approach while some prefer to go all out while focusing on a specific emotion. The show trying to make you cry isn't bad in any way. What could be bad is the execution. Bad writing, unlikeable characters, unrealistic scenarios, awkward lines of dialogue, bad pacing, bad music, shitty animation and so on.

That's how a person who has been bullied their whole life usually is.

Well then you can't be moved by any fictional work since they're all artificial

KnK is kinda realistic with the kids, teen era is full of forced meladrama shit

I have never said anything about a realistic portrayal of bullying, I literally praise anything in this show except the stupid portrayal of bullying it have, is not even that melodramatic, on the contrary is really lightheaded, I wish bullying were like that.

Close but still no.

Nah, people with depression have nuances because, well, they are people. Nishimiya exists just to be a puppy.

That's japanese bullying.
Japs are pussies so stupid shit like people hiding your chair or leaving mean scribbles on your desk is enough to make them break down.

The point is that there are authors who know how to be subtle. They let you get emotional rather than force you to get emotional. When it is subtle it feels more real than when it is not.

Just read the manga if you feel the anime overdid the presentation, you unsufferable faggot.

But do you understand that those mysterious people who praised the show's realism were not arguing that it would emotionally resonate with you. Their point was that the depicted bullying could have happened in reality.

>All those violins, tears and slow motion. Jesus!
Well. No anime will be realistic, if this is your argument.

Night Head Genesis, arguably. There's an arc where the main characters investigate a case of high-schoolers bullying the class slut. Turned out that she was actually a depressed lesbian in denial and the bullies were just thoughtless teenagers high on peer pressure and gossip.

Agreed with this. Shaft adaptation is really darmatic (could be better of worse based on your preference). If you want a subdued presentation, read the manga.

I meant to reply to him.

Not him, but there are bad ways to do an emotional scene, and there are good ways of doing an emotional scene. I'm not going to talk about 3gatsu, but often times, people do something absolutely idiotic. They blow their load and play their "sad songs" before something sad even happens. Sometimes, this works out nicely. It gets you to lower your guard, and when a really emotional part/speech arrives, you get hit below the belt. This is how it should work. The screenplay, the dialogue, and the music all team up and fuck you up. But sometimes, this doesn't work as well, and it just feels "forced". Either because of a bad direction, or because of a wrong music choice. Your immersion gets broken and you can't get emotional.

Except most people when they're depressed are assholes

Ok. Thanks.
Conceptually, it may even be. But in terms of development, it lacks nuances. And again, reality has nuances. And the problem with these anime is that they ignore these nuances. The victim is always sad, cute and kind. The bully is always an jealous, prepotent asshole. The teacher is always a negligent bitch. These are stereotypes. And when you use stereotypes, you don't want to represent reality, you're wanting to make easy money.

The guys who bullied me in school, when they see me on the street they talk to me as if nothing had happened in the past. Strange, right? That is reality, complex, strange, not black and white.

>The point is that there are authors who know how to be subtle
Really? Because I thought that the point is that it's unrealistic, then it shifted to it being manipulative, and now it's about subtlety. Would you pleasde make up your mind already. If you don't like the show that's fine, but please use an assortment of buzzwords to justify your shit taste. While subtlety is pretty much always welcome it's not an imperative for a show to be good.
>That is reality, complex, strange, not black and white.
No, those are your personal experiences. You shouldn't base your worldviews solely on them.

>Really? Because I thought that the point is that it's unrealistic, then it shifted to it being manipulative, and now it's about subtlety.
If it is artificial it is because it is manipulative, if I realize it is manipulative, it is because it has no subtlety. Got it now or will you pretend to be dumb?
>No, those are your personal experiences. You shouldn't base your worldviews solely on them.
So you're telling me that reality is not complex and nuanced?

3-gatsu and katachi bullying is closer to propaganda and melodrama than to reality.

>You told me that Sangatsu had realistic portrayal of bullying
No we told you to fuck off

Fuck off

>if I realize it is manipulative
All art is manipulative, if you don't get that you're dumb. Don't try to worm your way out, you keep swapping out words but the point remains the same, you don't like the show and can't can't explain why so you're throwing a bunch of terms.
>So you're telling me that reality is not complex and nuanced?
Can you even read? Here, I'll quote more of your post so you don't get confused again
>The guys who bullied me in school, when they see me on the street they talk to me as if nothing had happened in the past. Strange, right? That is reality, complex, strange, not black and white.
Those are your experiences, other people may have completely different ones, neither ones are unrealistic. The ones described in the show don't have to match up to yours for them to be realistic or well writen. You could argue that they're cliche, which you sort of do. But then you would have to prove that to be the case. Stereotypes exist for a reason, their inclusion isn't a bad thing on it's own, but it could be if the story relies on them too much.

Good. Reality is shit.

>The victim is always sad, cute and kind.
We have literally seen Hina attacked the bully because of her anger.

>The bully is always an jealous, prepotent asshole.
Well, I mean that's the nature of bullying. There is someone who oppress and someone being oppressed. The bully in 3-gatsu also have her own issues though which will be shown later.

>The teacher is always a negligent bitch.
It's not like there are no negligent teacher in reality (3-gatsu will also explain why she became negligent). It is also not like 3-gatsu have no competent teacher, just look at Hayashida.

>The guys who bullied me in school, when they see me on the street they talk to me as if nothing had happened in the past.
That what happened years after the bullying. It have nothing to do with the current bullying depicted in 3-gatsu.

Seriously OP, if you have problem with the presentation, just read the manga.

Lol. Not all bullying have violence. Keep in mind that they are JCs. Social bullying is their norm.

Never

>We have literally seen Hina attacked the bully because of her anger.
And we feel avenged by her attitude, rather than disappointed. And why? It's because she is the heroine, she has to be seen as a saint. Again, a stereotype.
>Well, I mean that's the nature of bullying. There is someone who oppress and someone being oppressed.
But in Sangatsu and most anime they are evil 100% of the time. Like a villain. See? Stereotype.
>It's not like there are no negligent teacher in reality
But in Sangatsu and most anime they are negligent 100% of the time. No nuance. See? Stereotype.
>That what happened years after the bullying. It have nothing to do with the current bullying depicted in 3-gatsu.
The point is that people are not so easy to understand like stereotypes.

>she has to be seen as a saint
retaliating in anger isn't saintly at all
>But in Sangatsu and most anime they are evil 100% of the time
Did you expect a backstory episode so their shitty behaviour can somehow be justified. We saw the mother of the ringleader, that's enough for us to paint a picture on why she might be that way. But in the end it doesn't really matter, because she's someone who spent months systhematicaly torturing someone to feel better about herself. Whatever her positive attributes are they don't really matter in the context of the story, nor do they change what she did
>But in Sangatsu and most anime they are negligent 100% of the time
Bullshit. We see one of the teachers is negligent and we also see her reasoning for such behaviour, which is fear. We see three other teacher either acting different or claiming that they would
>The point is that people are not so easy to understand like stereotypes
And you don't understand either