Evangelion's distance shots beat modern shows' detail shots

>evangelion's distance shots beat modern shows' detail shots

Is the industry even trying?

Attached: escalator to heaven.jpg (1440x1080, 812K)

>overhyped garbage
How can you still discuss this? Arent you getting tired of the same shitpost? Eva is a boring crock of shit and the only good thing is eoe. Swear to god, weebs have the worst taste in entertainment

Attached: asukick.webm (268x234, 173K)

Nice attention span and reading comprehension, retard. How the fuck did you even find Sup Forums?

>angry weeb
Boohoo keep crying you fucking manchild

>so mad he got called out that he starts projecting
Lmaoing at you rignt now

The absolute state of Evafags and their garbage-tier series

How will other shows EVER hope to compete?

Attached: QUALITY.jpg (1440x1080, 928K)

This.
But even EoE is garbage

>hes the one thats projecting it first
>"lmao why is this guy projecting at me"

Stop samefagging, Pedro. We get it, you're mad.

why are you even on Sup Forums

>ANNO: If you want to get into anime, my best advice to you as a creator is to please have diverse interests in things besides animation. Look outward, first of all. Most anime makers are basically autistic. They have to try and reach out, and truly communicate with others. I would guess that the greatest thing anime has ever achieved is the fact that we're holding a dialogue right here and now.
>>>Most anime makers are basically autistic.

Attached: 1518213097297.jpg (1512x1896, 329K)

Guess im just bored. This isnt some kind of sekret club user

It's not about some "sekrit klub" bullshit, stupid.
Being on Sup Forums and calling someone a weeb makes you a fucking idiot. Why else would someone be on Sup Forums?

>Anno: Mmm. Right. To an extent I was also trying to change the consciousness of the anime industry itself. However, it seems to have been a failure.

>Takekuma: Do you mean that people in the industry regard Eva as having been an exceptional case?

>Anno: That’s right. [They see] (Gainax) as an exception. So they don’t take [us] as one of their own. And that’s given rise to jealousy, abuse, and slander--to something like an inferiority complex.

Why does the rest of the industry have an inferiority complex? Why don't they just learn from NGE, anons??

jesus christ, youre goddamn fucking retarded. watching anime doesnt make you weeb you mentally deranged bimbo. in fact, its not even a requirement to fucking be one.

Attached: 1496105795354.jpg (1259x576, 367K)

I hate the way anime is headed, 3D is fucking bad. They could have been developing algorithms to improve the 2D animation process, inbetweener bots, things of this nature. Instead they just lazily take an outside technology (3D) and force it into anime.

>implying i give a fuck if this is just some safe space for escapists
>implying you cant call weebs out for their shit taste on their safe space

You seem like an insecure person.

Attached: 1485103954351.jpg (443x415, 50K)

No, I'm implying that you're a braindead retard.

>comfy box

How? I just hate most animes. Is hating animes and projecting it on weebs safe space insecure?

I would feel inferior as well if I was shitting out moeshit LN adaption no. 2343, and I looked at Eva and saw what Anno achieved there.

Yes, you should shut up now

Are we really having this conversation again?

Make me faggot

Its really not user. Weebs are truly braindead

The funny thing is that Eva actually had all of the indulgent "fanservice"-like moments that other easily-made anime have, it's just that it also had things like deep characters, an interesting plot, etc.

Eva is filled with robot fights and sexy scenes, and all of that is done very well and isn't an afterthought, so the cheap anime can't claim that Eva is snobby and preachy. Eva is just all around better.

I would think there would at least be anime that try to go as far with the characters as Evangelion does, but I haven't seen one.

Attached: 1510812618668.jpg (440x349, 63K)

>drink in 1993

Attached: 1519583276196.png (1430x1068, 604K)

>Monster of the week
>Done well
This is getting really sad

of course she chose the red one

Attached: asuka drinking.jpg (1440x1080, 815K)

>poof!
you're a faggot

>animes
You're just fucking around, aren't you?
It's still shitposting even if you're being ironic.

>would think there would at least be anime that try to go as far with the characters as Evangelion does, but I haven't seen one.

That would require writers who actually have some human insight. Chinese tapestry writers are not exactly famous for their subtlety and sense of narrative. Most anime and manga is so narratively overloaded and concerned with entirely pedestrian shit that it all becomes a bland, generic mush.

I think it's just that it's primarily about risk aversion.
The budget for an anime is significantly larger than it was in 1994. With such a high budget, one or two failed shows can be a huge problem for a studio. So they don't want to risk trying anything new like Evangelion. Especially because you also need to put more money into an experimental show than you do into a formulaic show.

Yeah, you're probably right. No room for most studios to risk their hide. Just release the next haremshit adaption and pander to your audience to secure otakubux.

>POOF!
Now ur gone as well weirdo

To be fair lots of artistic or tech minded people are weirdos.

Even if you won't try something entirely new like Evangelion because it's risky, I think it's easy enough to take lessons from Evangelion and incorporate them into safe shows.

Is it really difficult to think seriously about your characters' personality, and to write them in a genuinely human way, instead of hiding behind the crutch of anime tropes?

>Eva
>no anime tropes
>pioneered an entire era of Rei and Asuka clones
Talk about self awareness.

Whenever the characters behave in "anime trope" ways, there's always a deeper layer to it, the show is essentially playing off the trope.

Like when one of the characters kisses the protagonist "just as an experiment", that's a standard anime trope thing, a way to have something provocative (and stimulating to the viewer) happen without any narrative consequences. But the point of that scene was that there were narrative consequences. "You won't even hold me!" etc.

Attached: won't help me.webm (960x720, 2.98M)

Dont put the blame on only the studio, remember this is what the audiences want. Hundreds of moe related threads a day on Sup Forums just justifies this fact.

No, it really isn't. Having characters with believable backstories, personal growth, and personalities to support their tropes isn't even new or refuting tropes.

It really is.

The whole criticism of 'anime trope behavior' is that it's not very human and doesn't make for a realistic character you can empathize with. If there is a layer of human behavior driving the trope behavior (something only Eva does), it neutralizes the criticism.

This model of design, having the human intrigue lurking just below the anime indulgence, is basically how Evangelion is in general. At the surface level it's a fun robot show, but a little deeper and you pierce the mantle of the characters' feelings.

>something only Eva does
This is laughably wrong. HxH and any good shounen does this way better, and the concept of a mecha show being a metaphor for character interactions is as old as Gundam.

>HxH and any good shounen does this way better

Ahahahaha

>no argument
If we're just going by Anno's work Eva's not even his best in terms of writing compelling characters.

Just saying retarded things back to back isn't a substitute for an argument. You can stop now.

Eva looks lifeless and ugly

>opinions I don't like are retarded and I have no arguments against them
>53 posts
>15 posters
Nice safespace.

It's opposites day already, I see.

You know, you can just say "I hate it because it's not a bubblegum moe show."

Attached: 1508714235463.jpg (705x1572, 244K)

I only watch eva to jerk off to penpen.

Attached: 137827582572.jpg (500x367, 37K)

This

Evangelion had good directing and characters. That's the only thing that's exceptional.

Attached: 1506497834314.png (1920x1080, 948K)

What a fool Shinji is. If he and Asuka's bodies were linked to move together, he should have positioned himself next to her, and reached over and jerked the air next to her crotch, so that she would also reach over and jerk his dick for him.

Or hell, 69 with her and make her sick his dick while he just bobs his head in front of her pussy.

And animation, and plot.

There's a reason it's universally regarded as the greatest anime.

That's just the kind of master plan an Ikari would dream up.

It's not a bad way to accumulate progress. By being exceptional someone is bound to challenge that title and in their efforts they'll become exceptional themselves.

I think what he's saying is that other studios don't even try because they get intimidated by Eva.

oh fuck off you dumb cunt

>mfw rewatching it for the fifth time

still the best thing i've ever seen, even the rebuilds pale compared to the original series

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

So, was death set after episode 26, after shinji has stopped hating himself and remains in the tang. It almost makes sense that the gang replay their memories in the tang together to expose themselves to each other.

It's really a lot of fun to rewatch

I don't think death was canon.

nah, death is the real 25th episode, rebirth the real 26th. The anime 25th and 26th episodes were made with the last bit of moneyt the studio had after they got their budget cut for being too violent

The shot composition of Eva is beyond what it is now or back then. Even people who dislike the story can't knock its directing without using ad hominem.

>the light is a halo
>the light reflections on the wall are wings

BRAVO ANNO

I'd tell you to fuck off but this is eva so who knows, it may be

>The anime 25th and 26th episodes were made with the last bit of moneyt the studio had after they got their budget cut for being too violent
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

>Episodes 25 and 26 as broadcast on TV accurately reflect my mood at the time. I am very satisfied. I regret nothing."

Why would Asuka be an 'angel'?

Because she's the best person in Evangelion despite everything she's gone through.

It's Shinji looking at her in that shot, he's coming up the escalator. It's just how he views her.

I think she must have been very mysterious and appealing to him at that moment.

have you seen 3.33?

oh shit i fucked up. Rebirth is the real 25th episode and the end of the series right? Apparently the budget cuts thing is just a rumor so fuck me .

He said that when there was no EoE though.
And when he made EoE he said it was what he wanted for the ending if he had no constraints at the time.

And he also said Rebuild would surpass Evangelion.

Anno markets whatever he's most recently made, just ignore it and focus on the content itself.

Attached: 1519245256703.jpg (384x288, 48K)

there were plenty of weeks without monsters

Yeah, and many of them were not really your typical monster at all, and there was basically no fight with them

>monster
>4D dimensional being with 3d shadow that leads to infinite nothingness

Yeah, same shit as power rangers really

Asuka was the most dangerous monster in evangelion

Attached: angersuka 2.jpg (1440x1080, 814K)

>How can you still discuss this?
Literally autism. They can't escape their cage. If Sup Forums is around in 20 years, they'll be still here making the same threads and having the same shitty waifu wars and debates about how immaculate, deep and complex each frame is in the show.

Asukiel. Strong AT field.

Known Attacks:
Forced Kiss
Asphyxiate
Slap
Scalding Coffee
Anta Baka

By the time instrumentality is a real thing, we'll still be discussing Eva.

Attached: anger elevator.webm (960x720, 2.98M)

Attached: 1489627875598.jpg (766x9000, 3.19M)

kek

Attached: Anno is best girl.gif (390x290, 185K)

Just think of it. A perfect, eternal mind. One where you can never escape the shitposting.

Attached: Franchise Crossovers.jpg (600x600, 83K)

Just what you would expect from the Master.

I already can never escape the shitposting. I'm addicted to it.

Do you even watch anime? Or is evangelion only anime you watched?

More than you, shounen worm.

I'm more of a moefag myself. Not into those kids stuff.

Yes they're trying. Trying to be cheaper

Attached: tumblr_mbwtyhvStp1qalhu6o1_500.gif (500x333, 934K)

>HxH and any good shounen does this way better
lmao