Do people actually remember anime they watched a few years ago?

Do people actually remember anime they watched a few years ago?
I was looking up what's airing next season and then I realized that I don't even remember what happened in the last Highschool DxD, Steins;Gate or Tokyo Ghoul. Hell I don't even remember what happened in some of my favorite series except for a few key scenes. Am I just retarded or is this the reason for recap films?

Attached: 1496580953108.jpg (960x576, 51K)

>Am I just retarded
Yes

I usually need some recap after a few years. It's the main reason I rewatch stuff.

If it wasn't good enough I'd just forget it

Most people rewatch things after a bit. They just say they don't to fit in with the Sup Forums gestalt consciousness.

I'm scared of rewatching things. When I rewatched Spice and Wolf I just thought that it was boring as fuck. It was not at all as good as I remembered it.

I don't remember much after 5 years except for the really good ones.

That's what happens when you watch too much of the media, all the information just blends together.
I watch lots of different anime and forget lots of details, meanwhile my not-very-intelligent friend just watches One Piece and remembers everything that ever happens on the show.

I think I watched MMO Junkie.

I watched code geass 10 years ago. Only thing I rember is the ending and fapping to some fanservice scenes.

Depends what your standards are for remembering something. I'm not going to quote dialogue or describe scenes, but I can tell you roughly what happened in most things.
Not names though. Couldn't name most of the characters in things I'm watching right now, never mind anything finished.

I remember the characters when I see them but I can't tell who they are or what they've done, what relation they have to the MC and so on.

What happened last in DxD wasn't really worth remebering anyway

hope they fix it

This asshole, jesus christ what a creep and bastard.

Probably the most noteworthy thing that season.

Attached: Diodora's_dark_grin.jpg (1366x768, 115K)

Maybe you guys should stop smoking so much weed. I get that you can't remember everything from every anime, but you should at the very least remember your favorites clearly.

I don't smoke weed and I didn't even drink alcohol at the time I watched the shows listed in the OP.

Some anime stick with me forever. This includes but isnt limited to Area88, Hokuto No Ken, Riding Bean and Patlabor tier.

Some anime i need to be reminded of before remember vividly.
This is Windaria, Redline, Crest of the Stars and Watamote tier.

Some anime are trash that incompletely forgot i watched.
This includes Aldnoah Zero, Nana of Seven and Dragon Fist.

Why do you always have to be so mean?

Pretty much this.

I watch approximately 35 shows each season. I do not remember the vast majority of them, but I do remember some, probably 1 or 2 per season on average I properly remember. Though I couldn't say when something aired.

Why would you be a retard for doing exactly how human memory function is supposed to work as?

The longer you re-enforce a memory, a stronger their connections to the brain becomes. Lets say for example you create a new memory right today. For example how you woke up and what you did right after that. This gets allocated a certain fraction of neurons in the brain. If you don't recall it ever again, it gets re-written and used by another memory fraction. Thus effectively, you've destroyed the old memory.

Now if you keep remembering it by writing it down on your journal/voice recorder to remind you of what you did, then more neurons gets dedicated to that particular set of memory. Even if you don't think about it for years, you will still have parts of the memory down because of how many neurons are dedicated to that certain memory.

So if you try harder, the neuron connections that form the memory base becomes larger and the memory persists longer.

So you're saying that the memory is limited? Let's say I learn 5 languages, then I'd have to overwrite one of them if I want to learn a new one? Shitty example but you know what I mean.

It's why those linguist clubs exist so you use all those languages enough to stay fluent. You will "lose it" if you don't "use it".

I have this problem too. As far as I can tell, there's a large fraction of people with idetic memory for media, and can't fathom how the memory of the rest of us works.

You didn't read my post.

The longer you reinforce, the harder it is to replace that memory. If you don't reinforce anything, for example, what you thought about exactly an hour ago, then that memory is gone.

Your 5 languages will be retained in your mind for lifetime since they are all reinforced memories. If you live 1000 years but you only use 1 of those "learned" languages, then you'll probably forget the other 4.

How come I remember stuff from when I was a kid much better than things I watched a few weeks ago? I could tell you in detail what happens in Pokémon Red/Blue or Zelda:OOT or what happens in Digimon Adventure. But I can't remember much of what happend in the Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception VN that I played in December last year and really loved.

I guess it makes sense since I replayed and rewatched things a lot more as a kid since there weren't so many new things coming out all the time.

Attached: 1511807038146.jpg (3507x2480, 1.33M)

>tfw when can't remember what happened in the episode last week when watching seasonal anime

Attached: 1518028881991.jpg (645x729, 81K)

>not rewatching Minami-ke S1 at least once a year to relive the absolute pinnacle of SoL

Attached: 02_0.06.47.jpg (1024x576, 167K)

>Cannot even remember what was in the newscast he watched 5 minutes ago.

It depends. When it comes to my favorites, I remember everything in vivid detail. When I'm disinterested, I can easily forget the majority of what happened in an episode I watched last week. Generally, though, I always remember what an anime is about and how it ended, the details sometimes elude me though.

exercise more and eat better my dude

I remember my favorites. I feel like 2006-2011 was "last year". Everything between is kinda blurred.

Not him but when you are a kid it's easier to remember things because your neurons are "new" and you are using them right away, while when you are adult those same neurons have a lot of overwrite memories making the retention of them harder. That's why they always says that it's easier to learn new things like languages or musical instruments when you're a kid for example.

I know that feel user