Does anyone actually like Rebuild?

does anyone actually like Rebuild?

Attached: NGE_Comparison.jpg (534x186, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IpKDUCR9IeM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah

name 5 people

i like them
i dont consider them canon tho

Attached: tumblr imagead hominem .gif (500x500, 831K)

Is 4.44 out yet? Can I stop avoiding spoilers for this decades-long onanist Anno project yet?

Only thing I like about them is some of the animation. They're trash otherwise.

It was good until 2.22
I kinda want to forget that 3.33 existed
4.44 will never get a release date because they fucked up 3.33 so bad that there's no way to fix it

Anno does.

He's waiting for the crescendo, where he personally comes to your house and cuts off your balls. That's all the final movie is. A tracking device to deploy anno.

101 is nice, 202 kicks fucking ass, 303 is utter garbage.

Attached: 1512877799753.jpg (500x334, 100K)

Yep, felt the same. Liked the first 2 movies but 3.33 needs to die.
The end of 2.22 sets up 3.33 so well, i just don't get how ANO managed to Fuck 3.33 so bad.
And theres no way in hell he could fix that with 4.44, nothing but a miracle could save 4.44 if it ever manage to get released.

>the end fight in 202
>the animation
>the music
>the drama
it's just beautiful

Attached: 1491077626187.jpg (647x587, 61K)

I like them and watched each multiple times.
I even enjoyed 3 to a certain degree simply because it's not a retelling of the series condensed into a movie format.

Series - mostly good story, sub-par animation.
Rebuilds - mostly good animation, so-so story.

Attached: top_cunt.png (500x334, 155K)

>4.44
>shinji is gifted with by a deus ex machina a means to prevent the second impact from ever happening
>all of the other characters are sacrificed to this ends
>shinji doesn't care because he can save them all
>he succeeds
>shinji has the normal life seen in episode 26
>but it all seems fake
>unable to come to terms with his new reality, shinji hangs himself
>in the final scene shinji's limp body is replaced with anno's
>congratulations

Attached: Ikari-Family-Neon-Genesis-Evangelion.jpg (720x645, 131K)

People who hates 3.33 but loves 2.22 is everything wrong with anime.

>sub-par animation
this makes no fucking sense. the orignal eva is one of the best looking shows ever, even if not always consistent.

Attached: neon-genesis-evangelion-gif-9.gif (500x374, 1.59M)

What about people who hate both?

hu?? Why. I seriously don't understand. Story aside, 202 has wonderfully animated scenes, meanwhile 303 is mostly abstract shapes, empty 3desque bullshit in outerspace without any feel for scope, size or anything. It's a fucking joke, artistically.

That's fine. Neither of them are good compared too NGE. The point is that 2.22 is nothing but a mindless anime action so does that loved that one hate 3.33 for how weird and different it is.
3.33 also have great animation. It looks just as good if not better than 2.22. 2.22 also used 3DCG and it would be bettter without it.
I honestly can't see how you can praise 2.22 for its animation then say 3.33 looks shitty.

It had low budget, which resulted in a lot of still frames, with corners cut where possible. It's especially noticeable towards the end of the show, and well all know how last two episodes turned out.
I like how in one of the last episodes they decided not to draw Misato's room properly, and used a photo of a car for the wall poster. Despite the poster being hand-drawn in previous episodes.

I'm just waiting for them to be done with
So Khara and Hideaki Anno can move on to better things

Evanglion2.0 was kinda cool though

Anno said that he wants Eva to become a huge franchise like Gundam. So they will probably milk it even after 4 is released.

not really

It might be fine if they actually expand beyond the NGE characters, like that idol short, which was nice.

2.22 is only liked by Reifags and people who didn’t like the original evangelion.

youtube.com/watch?v=IpKDUCR9IeM
yeah, this totally had a low budget dude mmmmhmmmm

How can you be this retarded :(

I liked the first one and that's about it.

Attached: Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone.png (2160x1170, 2.01M)

I believe that honestly looks garbage

Attached: asuka.gif (500x500, 1.77M)

Eva was anything than low budget.

Well you're a fucking retards so it's understandable that you'd think that way

>3.33 also have great animation. It looks just as good if not better than 2.22.
This is factually wrong and you can notice right away as soon as you put them side by side

I liked it until 3.0 fuck everything up.

can you give me a rundown on the eva series

They probably 'love' 2.22 BUT hate Mari though

I wonder if 4.00 will be out worldwide since they added an english translation on the website

Short version is that it's about a depressed teenager abandoned by his father who is forced to pilot a huge mecha to save people from huge monsters.
It's much more nuanced and complex in actuality. There's a reason why people talk about it 25 years after it aired.

sounds like a lame version of pacific rim

I do. I think they look great and are highly enjoyable to watch.

1.0 and 2.0 have perosnalities of their own, it's just nice to see the next generation of talent, the generation inspired by Evangelion, getting to put their own spin on it. They have a similar feeling to Abenobashi, Diebuster, or Re: Cutie Honey, where I don't actually like the thing itself that much, but with context and as a showcase of the talents of a bunch of creators I like, it's really enjoyable.
But then 3.0 is such utter undeniabe gargbage that that my anger and bewilderment at it overpowers my affection for the staff.

>Act 1
Shinji is a depressed and isolated boy being forced to fight monsters in a giant robot. He hates both himself and other people, and wishes he could live in an idyllic world where no one has individuality and everyone can just understand each other.
>Act 2
Shinji gets better at fighting monsters and starts to make friends and live happier. He begins to express himself more and build an individual identity. He learns the joys of having meaningful relationships and being himself.
>Act 3
The monsters get tougher and the evil old men who built the giant robots start enacting their evil plans. This means that everyone Shinji knows either dies or is alienated from him, and he himself is forced to kill someone. He receives a gut punch and learns that being connected and individual can be more hurtful than being depressed and isolated.
>Finale
When Shinji is at his lowest point, a god-like being offers him the opportunity to live in an idyllic world where no has individuality and everyone can just understand each other. But he refuses, deciding that having meaningful realtionships and his own identity is better than being depressed and isolated, even if it means that he might get hurt.

i enjoyed ramiel fight in 1.11. that's about it.

Most people like Rebuild 1 and 2. It's 3, where things seriously went off the rails, that has people divided.

wow, nice summary.

>divided
You mean there are people who will actually say 3.0 doesn't deserve the shit it gets?

No, but I can still kinda enjoi it, because its more eva and i gobble that shit up ya know

REBUILD SUX

The first movie is pretty great. the second one is pretty meh, and the third one is the biggest dumpster fire I've ever witnessed. So, overall, no, not really, it's a waste of time and resources.

It's been over 20 years, dude. It's time to move on.

the first movie is pointless though, you might as well just watch the early series so you don't have to see the soulless digital animation of the film

Sure, all these movies are absolutely pointless, but the fight with the cube is a lot better in the movie.

>It had low budget
It didn't. It had decent budget, but it got drastically cut because it was "too grotesque" for TV. Surely, the budget wasn't something amazing, but it wasn't a low-budget show.

that scene was garbage though. Like one of the worst parts quality-wise. Even the preceding scenes which focused on Acyka and Shunji training were of much greater quality.

Attached: tumblr_o3jlwx1VSE1rmzw91o1_540.gif (540x360, 1.72M)

Shouldn't the missile have exploded right away?

It isn't Eva though. It has none of the appeal of Eva. The characters are 1 dimensional and act nothing like they're supposed to. The dialogue is just incomprehensible chunni exposition about nothing. The narrative is a mess with no coherent structure or themes, nothing fucking happens for half of it. It doesn't even really look like Eva; what made the aesthetic of Eva so striking and memorable was its mixture of realistic mechanical imagery with gothic lovecraftian imagery. 3.0's imagery calls back to that by just having objects that appeared previously in it, but doesn't actually capture it at all due to everything being way too abstract and over-the-top. Eva was twisted sci-fi, 3.0 is full-blown fantasy.

It was okay but if I had a choice I'd just rewatch the series.
Sadly I don't like evangelion enough to do that.

>4.0 was supposed to come out 3 years ago
ANNOOOOOOO

Call me shallow, but I liked when I thought it was just going to be a digital art version of the original show, with slight changes in the story. Stuff like taking time to combine End with 25+26, or do whatever they wanted to due but couldn't with lack of budget.

Yes, but anno and the other staff can't into missiles and how they work.

>4.0 comes out
>its three hours of some abbo playing the didgeridoo
ANNNNOOOOOOOOO

Somebody post that embarrassing still of 02 as a cat

The "explosion" is just the missile's fuel burning up, like a failed rocket launch.

>.gif
Consider suicide

2.0 > EoE > NGE > 0.1 > 0.3

yeah, it's alright. I don't like comparing it to the tv series, since it has less time to tell its story. Watching Shinji screaming and crying his heart out is always a pleasure.

Rebuild is a continuation JoJo.

I dunno man, 2 had some EoE vibes in the end, but it's still not close to half an hour of humanity dissolving into orange goo while a giant naked woman rises above Earth.

A man of taste right here.

>implying EoE still isn't peak Eva
and I even loved 3.33

NGE and EOE are leagues better than the rebuilds.

wtf are you me

I love the music and the execution of the final 20 minutes of each film (Ramiel fight, 2nd Impact, and Third Impact). Outside of those two things though, I can't help but bring it down due to comparing it to the original series.

Attached: 1493893282366.webm (1280x720, 2.39M)

yup. yup yup yup yup yup

Not as good as the original. But looking forward to when it all comes tumbling down

No it wasn't. Granted, when the main team got an episode it was brilliant. But there some pretty shitty ones too.

>the final 20 minutes of each film
the final 20 minutes of 2.22 fucking blew me away (not counting post piano dude scene, not really sure what about that...).

I love it to. I don't even have a preference over which series handled the Berserk mode better. Love them both.

I like it.
Never watch the original tho.

Abe Lincoln
Genghis Khan
Teddie Roosevelt
Andrew Jackson
Ronald Reagan

There. Five people. What an odd request in an Eva thread.

> they will probably milk it
> will

Attached: evachop-01.jpg (650x650, 143K)

Everyone knows american presidents aren't people, but nice try though.

I mean with more official animated content, not just merch.
Would be cool to get a new game though, the existing ones are fairly old, and mostly just VNs.

>name 5 people
>doesn't name Jackie Chan
Sasuga newfag-kun!