Was Madoka the anime of the decade

Was Madoka the anime of the decade

Attached: [Meguca]_Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_-_11_[BD][h264-720p_AAC][9724A602].mkv_snapshot_00.06.49_[2018.03 (1280x720, 198K)

Yes.

Attached: gertrud.png (500x281, 234K)

Not with shitty witch scenes

Nah bro

Attached: 0763c8a774d3f5bdec8aaea19e5d24ae1482336400_full.jpg (640x453, 129K)

yep
don't even know how anyone could think this, every episode was a filler episode

Attached: 1516188198920.gif (500x281, 646K)

No. It wasn't even AOTY.

"No."
Pic related was.

Attached: 1497252485512.png (696x720, 234K)

Nope

Attached: 1503384867535.jpg (1600x2000, 1.66M)

Yes

Attached: look at those gays.gif (500x281, 1.91M)

It had the perfect dream-team staff. The battle between Walpurgis Nacht and Homura, which spent days preparing, was, and is pure sex every time I watch it.

>He thinks MiA S1 is the AOTD
That would be MiA S2

Attached: 1511702630036.png (811x919, 221K)

>pic related
>doesnt post a pic

K-On!! aired in 2010 so it's both AOTD for 00-10 and 10-20

Hahahaha, the invisible joke again. You think you're funny? I'll have you know akarin is power level over 8000 and can defeat evil monsters just like Son tofu can.

Attached: 1510459852372.gif (500x281, 1002K)

Biggest hit since Madoka

Attached: 1516159162955.jpg (640x360, 37K)

Madoka is a poor man's Utena

This.

How are the Madoka movies compared to the anime?

The first two are a recap, but that doesn't mean you should skip them. There are plenty of changes in them, and everything is a tad more polished.
Rebellion, well, I'd leave that unspoiled. People's opinions vary on it. There's plenty of Inu Curry and new Kajiura tracks in it.

Attached: Madoka_movie_2_-_weird_static_screen_before_homura_first_day.jpg (1280x2155, 781K)

I saw Rebellion after I marathoned the show but I didn't understand what the fuck was going on.
Now I want to rewatch Madoka. The first two movies sound like a good recap so I guess I'll watch them.

Been a while since I watched it, it's not like I can explain much too, either. Haven't had much opportunity to discuss it with anyone and cement what I know, so I've slowly begun forgetting things.
Yeah, the movies ought to be good for a rewatch; they condense the story a bit, so it would be easier to watch and understand what's going on when you watch Rebellion.

Madoka AKA cuckhead:don't deal with the devil AKA A lesbian in time AKA estrogen is unbreakable

While I overall prefer the TV series to the recaps since it's longer the movies look even more beautiful than the show and got more tracks too. Both are great experiences.

Agreed. The movies cut out some nice scenes and feel a bit rushed, but they're still an experience.

I'd say yes, it's a classic now. Kemono friends is a close second place

It came very close to being so but Steins gate is more deserving of that title.Also psycho pass is a good contender

You forgot hunter X hunter

Agreed. MiA S1 was a solid 9 but if all goes well it would have played the exposition role for the theoritical 10/10 MiA S2

the decade still has two years to go. so far ou girl's definitely a contender

Attached: foroursins.png (1920x1080, 2.23M)

No because kemono friends.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-19-20-20-16.png (1080x1920, 1.15M)

Wasn't even the best anime from 2011
>Penguindrum
>Nichijou
>Hyouge Mono
>Hourou Musuko
>Idolmaster
>K-On Movie
>Usagi Drop

>nichijou
It bore me to death so I dropped it at the 3rd episode

this but madoka

Ahahaha no

Well the first 2 episodes of madoka also bore me to death.Ionly started enjoying it from episode 3 and it continues to get better from there onwards.

It was at least anime of the year. Anyone that says otherwise is a hipster or salty as fuck.

This.

Teekyuu is

>battle shonens with edgy themes to make them "mature"
might as well have posted KLK there

Attached: blehh.jpg (1274x720, 97K)

Steins gate was obviously better,fucking neck yourself madokafag.

No,
>posts some trash anime of this season

SEETHING.

>>>/reddit/

No, solely because Sayaka is a dumbass

This but Madoka is a low bar.

This but unironically

Yes, it was. It affected me in a way no other anime did and I've seen the ones that are considered classics like Utena, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Lain, Princess Tutu and Neon Genesis Evangelion, but Madoka is on an entirely different level for me. Madoka had an amazing soundtrack (Yuki Kajiura), fantastic visuals (in-between frames prove nothing) and excellent writing (for me, at least).
>"What's up with your penis?"
>AOTD
I love Yuru Yuri, but it's definitely not AOTD, objectively. Though, it's still one of my favorites.
>Forced Drama: the Anime
>Seasonal trash
>AOTD
>3DCG meme
>AOTD
None of those are even on the same level as Madoka. Penguindrum is the only that comes close.
How can there be so many contradictions in a single post?
>Reddit: the Anime
>AOTD

Attached: Madoka.jpg (1920x1080, 222K)

>Anyone that says otherwise is a hipster or salty as fuck.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, they would definitely both be in my contenders for AOTD

Attached: madokapape.png (1934x1080, 3.17M)

One day Sup Forums will find out that redditors breathe and half the userbase will die.

> Was Madoka the anime of the decade
In a decade with ShinSekai Yori and Mawaru Penguindrum airing? Nope.
Still a good one tho.

Stein's Gate was kinda utter shit, in comparison with the visual novel.

>likes FLCL and cowboy bebop
>calls other reddit

Actually, I never said that I liked them. I just said that they were considered classics.

>OPM
Amazing animation, good ost, funny and unique. It's the best standalone anime project that has been made this decade.
>Madoka
Yeah, it sold a lot of bds but who cares about that in the west. It deconstructed magical girl animes which is interesting, good ost. HORRIBLE threads on Sup Forums so fuck that.
>Ping Pong
The best sports anime ever made or one that will ever be made. Amazing ost, great animation and really captivating story.
>Made in Abyss
Goat OST, unique setting and interesting plot. Very emotional and beautiful. Great threads thanks to the mangas character designs.
>monogatari overall
Its up there, everyone knows why.

Eh, for my personal enjoyment I'd say Ping Pong > OPM > mia and no one elses opinion matters.

Attached: 1513065815694.jpg (1199x849, 269K)

They're not even remotely similar.

Are you kidding? Is this what we've become? Yeah, sure they're overrated by their western fans, but let's not just hand over good anime to Reddit.

If you think Madoka deconstructed magical girls, you didn't understand it, and I'm not surprised that you don't rate it as highly as it deserves.

No. But definitely in the top 100 of all time.

>In a decade with ShinSekai Yori

I loved Shin Sekai no Yori but you're literally the first person I've seen mention that anime in about two years.
Did it flop (in terms of lasting impact) hard or something?

Top 10, at least.

It's better than average, but the main thing that drew people to it was its plot, and people stop talking about those kinds of anime when their twists no longer provoke fresh emotion.

How new?

>edgy themes
>KLK

It was so incredibly tongue in cheek with its "edgy" themes that actual edgelords hated it because it wasn't "serious".

What the fuck are you even on about?

I'd say that's too much, maybe in the upper quarter of the list. I'd even say no one sane would think that Madoka of all anime is top 10 OF ALL TIME but remember that time when they got 30 Japanese critics to choose the best anime of all time and 7 voted for Madoka? But then again 5 voted for Kimi no Na wa so really it's not that reliable.

It is my favorite anime, and I don't feel bad arguing that it's one of the handful that can be justifiably called the best of all time. I've seen hundreds of anime, and it remains the most impactful on me, as well as the only one that has continued to provide new insights seven years after watching it.

I'm not being ironic. You would think I am since saying steins gate was great would get you multiple (you)s in a matter of seconds but I actually beleive it.
Being mainstream=/=being bad
2011 was a blessed year with steins gate,madoka,fate zero (inb4 le canon subversion),gintama,hunter X hunter and more making it hard to rank them above each other.

It's in the top 10 of 6/10 animu.

No waifuwar = no daily thread on Sup Forums.

But user, really... we have a SSY thread kinda weekly, the last one some days ago reached at least 380 replys (last time I checked it)

Literally the Evangelion of anime

It's in the top 10, probably even the best.
What else is there
Evangelion? Don't make me laugh.

I don't know, I like it too and I rate it high. It's my favorite Urobutcher work (I've watched all of them) and one of my favorite Shaft works too. But the "best of all time" carries a lot of weight for something like Madoka.

>Madoka magica is probably the best anime ever made.

Attached: 1521768611074.png (181x166, 63K)

You didn't watch it while it was ongoing, did you?

I think it's fully capable of standing up to it. Its plot is engaging, its character arcs are fully formed, its art is fresh and unique, its themes are genuinely interesting, and its imagery very literally could not be improved upon. There reaches a point of quality where it's tough to look at two things and objectively quantify which is better, so I won't say it's objectively the number one. However, there are no anime that are at an obviously higher level than it, so I feel confident that calling it the best is as justified as any other anime.

This but unironically

>its character arcs are fully formed
If you disregard how they never fleshed out kyoko yes.

I'm surprised you'd single out Kyouko. Her family backstory, and growth over the series leading to her sacrifice for Sayaka is a great arc. Mami obviously has the least time devoted to her, so I'd figure you'd point her out. Although even she has a good arc, as her selfish wish leads to a lonely death.

Madoka is even the best SHAFT anime from the decade, let alone of all anime.

Attached: 1521911343947.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

I did not but I'm familiar with all the theories and rune-breaking and all the fun fandom stuff thanks to the excellent wiki and some searches in the archive. I also watched it twice, and the recap movies before watching movie 3.

I don't really rank anime because my memory is shit. But some of the Ghibli movies, something like In This Corner of the World or Akira would be more believable. And yes, Eva too.

Who's the guy who specializes in this style of animation? I really enjoy it every time Shaft uses him

not even*

Inu Curry maybe? They're a team of two though.

I hoped it wouldn't back then since it would mean that we would have 9 years without better things to watch but it is, unless 2019 surprises us. It's pretty sad to think that we got the best thing this decade one year in.

Attached: yeah.png (600x390, 210K)

Attached: 1521911438093.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

No, it was Shinsekai Yori.

Madoka is unironically a masterpiece. I don't like it because it's a deconstruction or whatever, I like it because it is anime with perfect execution. No other anime can even compare to what Madoka has done with its visuals, soundtrack and character designs to narrate a story with actual depth. It takes advantage of everything, even using the ED as a way to signal a shift in tone. Its pacing is perfect, fitting a rich narrative in 12 episodes. It's not like "it gets good at xx episodes", it is ideal from beginning to end. Its immeasurable success was caused by not only its excellent advertisement but also by the show's overall quality. Madoka excels in every department of anime and perfected the medium in an unimaginable way. It might never be topped. It will be remembered as a classic even 300 years from now. Rebellion is also perfection. Have you ever seen an anime movie that can deliver such beautiful, symbolic visuals and a meaningful story at the same time? Madoka Magica is a rarity in anime, as it has both style and substance. Even Utena and Princess Tutu don't have perfect executions.

Attached: 1521911790387.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

Attached: 1521912103036.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

>her growth over the series leading to her sacrifice for sayaka
That growth was rarely to never highlighted other than the which threw me off when she actually did sacrifice herself. Mami had a slightly more fleshed character though,kyoko was the one I felt was rushed up. Such is the nature of 12 episode animes I guess.

This decade had Shinsekai Yori, White Album 2, ReLIFE, Yurikuma Arashi, Tatami Galaxy, Kill la Kill, Ping Pong, Penguindrum.

Madoka Magika is so painfully conventional in comparison.

I'll grant that the show didn't hit you over the head with it, but every time she interacted with Sayaka throughout the show she changed a little bit. She saw the path of despair Sayaka was on, and could see that it was her own, sped up. I suppose they could have spent more time on it, but her story about her own wish took up most of an episode, as I remember, so I don't really feel like we were cheated of time for Kyouko.

Any single FLCL scene has more artistic merit than the entirety of Madoka

>madoka is painfully conventional in comparison to ReLIFE
I actually just laughed out loud, not a little breath of air through the nostrils, a big laugh.

>Kill la Kill
Yeah man don't forget about Dragon Ball Super or Mayoiga either

>Madoka
>even in the top 20 magical girl anime
Now that's delusion

>Madoka
>not even in the top 20 magical girl anime
Now, that's contrarianism.

But Madoka was a disappointment.

Attached: 1512463791274.png (500x431, 207K)