Why does Sup Forums like this shit so much?

why does Sup Forums like this shit so much?

Attached: flcl.jpg (316x450, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=foulx-DTsrc&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

babys first anime

i thought that was seed gundam?

Didn't watch the original but I'll watch the sequel because yuri

Shit taste

dude its so fucking boring holy shit. im on episode 2 and i cant help but pause every 2 seconds because i can feel my brain cells rotting away. ill try to finish it because its only 6 episodes, but fuck i hate this

pleb filter
lurk moar

I don't know. I gave it a 6/10. It was nothing really special.

nevermind guys i fapped and then tried watching and i thought it was good.

Attached: mpv-shot0112.jpg (1440x1080, 73K)

then don't watch it pleb

>pleb filter

You must be at least 18 years of age to post here.

i watched it because its gainex and i like mechas but this is really fucking boring and the animation is annoying. can you tell me what the appeal of this is, because im just not getting it

Nostalgia

that means you cant post here

i recently befriended a gentlem/a/n who rated this crap a 10/10, what gives? whats so good about this?

Because FLCL is so godd even the shit taste contr/a/nians have to agree it's fucking majestic. 10/10

Did you watch it or are you just here to shitpost
Serious quesiton
If that's what you're here for that's fine because it's user's choice to provide you with (you)s but if not I suggest watching it
It's a compelling story about growing up, a young boy learning his role as it pertains to women, a younger brother becoming distinct from his older brother's shadow, love, romantic need, getting snubbed and heartbreak, all in a very compelling Gainax visual delivery that's stuck with me for years and years
It's probably because I always wished for some sort of romance between myself and older girls, even as a kid, but it hits home

Attached: 1469504022168.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

Sup Forums is western so Sup Forums likes western pandering trash like FLCL

Why is it trash
Defend your position
What is bad about FLCL

im only on episode 3. its incredibly boring, the only good parts are the fights where he pilots the mecha. but hes a fucking elementary schooler, i cant self insert into him, and the art style contradicts the serious story you describe. it just feels like they try to take as much genres as they can and mash it into one 6 episode show with very little character development.

nostalgia

>cant self insert
>the art style contradicts the serious story you describe
>very little character development

idk I didn't watch it

whatever man, ill finish it i guess since its so short but i much rather wouldve spent this evening watching gundam than watching this shit show

The mech aspects are entirely secondary to the narrative of the series
It is an illustration of the themes of the story, nothing more
If you're bored, watch shonen, I'm not shitting on you, I mean it, it will not have complex narratives or intelligent character development, it will be paced action and excitement that will entertain you

You don't read Mishima expecting Tom Clancy, so don't force yourself to try to enjoy something you don't like, just don't complain about it

This type of person exists on every board

Attached: 1494037057454.jpg (1920x1200, 215K)

>Guys you told me to read Dostoyevsky even though I'm 14 and would rather read the Hunger Games
>Wow, Notes from the Underground is shit, it's just rambling, I'd rather have been reading something exciting instead of this shit

If you don't like it, stop watching it

Attached: 1494818788257.jpg (1920x1080, 367K)

i dunno man, there doesnt seem to be any overarching story, and its hard to take all this "maturity" and "coming of age" and "no one understands me" things seriously with such a goofy art style and the music is terrible and overused. i dont particularly care for the VAs either

I hate you so much

Attached: 1511235579525.png (424x470, 139K)

How old are you, serious question
Are you over or under 21 years old?
Have you ever dated?
Have you ever felt yourself growing out of childhood?
Have you worked a job?
Have you been nostalgic about your childhood?
Are you a virgin?
What's your relationship with your family like?

What VAs don't you like, they're top of their game for the time.
Have you watched other Gainax productions besides EVA, or EVA?

Attached: 1494820413158.png (1920x1080, 428K)

I'd imagine they're 13 and trying to fit in/seem edgy and different and have absolutely zero frame of reference for anything

>Are you over or under 21 years old?
under
>Have you ever dated?
where do you think you are? no
>Have you ever felt yourself growing out of childhood?
yeah
>Have you worked a job?
i dont want to be a slave, no
>Have you been nostalgic about your childhood?
im only 18 and still in high school so not really
>Are you a virgin?
yeah
>What's your relationship with your family like?
terrible, we mostly avoid each other and when we talk its awkward and forced and doesnt last long
>What VAs don't you like, they're top of their game for the time.
Haruhara Haruko's and Samejima Mamimi's
>Have you watched other Gainax productions besides EVA, or EVA?
yeah i watched eva, dont think ive seen any other gainax anime.

Being as objective as possible here my guy I'd say you're too young and inexperienced to get anything of value out of this anime
I'm not trying to shame or demean your but everything I got out of FLCL was from being in my early 20s, having been into and out of bad relationships, coming of age (losing cherry boy status) in college and remembering how close I really was to my family despite how disparate I thought things were when I was younger, and looking bad on the girls I crushed on from years 10-18

I'd come back to it in 5-7 years, you will enjoy it far more once you've become a more seasoned man

Haruko and Mamimi are the GOAT voices in all of anime you pleb

Attached: 1494714528769.jpg (1400x1008, 252K)

thanks for trying to be objective, user, I guess that makes sense. you asked if I had seen other gainax shows, should I wait until I’m older to watch other Gainax works too?

Nah, not really, just more so a familiarity with the style
TTGL, Gunbuster, Mahoromatic, Fushigi no Umi no Nadia and all their films are great, all highly recommended

FLCL is a departure from their usual stuff and is made to appeal to and "older" audience nostalgic or angry or otherwise about their past in a lot of ways

Attached: 1495914117109.jpg (1200x759, 220K)

I liked it because it was short and sweet.The only thing I can think of is it hits too close to home for some and they reject it out right out of fear since it's a coming of age story.

It hit very close in a lot of weird ways
Like my neighbor who used to watch over me as a kid, and who showed a lot of older sister like and then GF like affection to 12yo me when she was 15-17
I've never felt the same since
Mami and Haruko both give me goosebumps interacting with Takkun

I feel like some of this is pretty obvious bait.

Please identify the posts in question for evaluation user

Pretty much every post OP has made.
But is the most obvious.
>i cant self insert into him
If that wasn't a dead giveaway then I don't know what is.

I honestly think it's out of ignorance

ok

That or Sup Forums is full of edgy 12-15 year olds looking to show off their superiority anonymously to other anonymous posters, illiciting (you)s in order to stoke their undeveloped egos, just like Sup Forums, knowing absolutely jack shit about the medium an shitposting because it's something to do besides jerking off and posting on reddit

Attached: 140330221527-lambot-kowloon001-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg (980x552, 258K)

It's not underages, it's fujos trying to shame males

fun things are fun

>i cant self insert into him
opinion discarded

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fooly Cooly. The humour is extremely western, and without a solid grasp of American animation most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also the sudden art style changes, which is deftly woven into the anime- Some of its animation draws heavily from South Park cartoon, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike FLCL truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the greatness of Haruko’s bunnygirl suit, which itself is a cryptic reference to Gainax’s previous work Daicon IV. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Gainax’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
And yes, by the way, i DO have a Furi Kuri tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Attached: FLCL.png (1437x1080, 1.24M)

>To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fooly Cooly.
I dont have to have an high IQ, since I am on ep 4 and, for now, it just seems rubbish dick jokes

Attached: 1522015039845.jpg (235x489, 30K)

Only retarded americans like it though.

flcl aired on adult swim years before seed

You won't enjoy it unless you're a teen getting his first boners.

we are supposed to rote for Haruka, but the show gives us no reason too

every other girl is way better

nostalgia, good music, it's a remnant of a bygone time when we weren't jaded old basement dwelling NEETs and we didn't hate ourselves and everything else, a time when we didn't balk at the idea of "fun"

>If you're bored, watch shonen
>flcl is literally shonenshit

?

I want to rewatch flcl

whats the best release?

youtube.com/watch?v=foulx-DTsrc&t

is this underage crossbaorders thread?

I first watched FLCL when I was 14 and thought it was mediocre
I watched again at 19 and it was still mediocre
it's just not that good of a show

I can't believe nu-Sup Forums is plebian enough to hate this show.

People who were born in 2000 are old enough to post on Sup Forums now. Let that sink in.

To be honest, I doubt people who watched FLCL can even agree in a specific good part of the show, other than muh Pillows

Its easily among the best anime ever made.

Top 10 imo

the anime wasn't amazing, but the soundtrack really got me. It was my first into J-rock.

>everyone on the world is American