What was going through her mind at this exact moment?

What was going through her mind at this exact moment?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Darling in the FranXX - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.04_[2018.03.24_13.55.50].jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>I’m not your mommy

>the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma

Guilt about what she was about to do.
I guess that was pretty obvious.

Looks can be deceiving.

>I would very much like to die, right now.

Attached: 1522000534966.png (1920x816, 1.59M)

Attached: ded vend.jpg (600x800, 45K)

Repressed anger at this obnoxious fatass pulling this bullshit, but reasons saying yes is the safest opinion.

>Safe

>fuck you beta

Guilty. She knew she was going to betray him.

It's funny because she shows little real concern after she actually does it. This episode was pretty poor, I think they just rushed to get a lot of shit done with.

>she shows little real concern after she actually does it
That's because she knew Futoshi would be fine.

It was poor all around. Cheap drama, since they used the fatty being obnoxious as scapegoat.
She is a shallow character because she was not at fault since Fatoshi can take the blame her. This episode could have been made much better had her partner not acted like a retard, because then Kokoro would have actual depth to her, and her 'betrayal' would have meant something.
It'll only be worse next episode when Futoshi shows to be fine and friendly with her.

Attached: Screams internally.jpg (1280x720, 370K)

>This episode could have been made much better had her partner not acted like a retard
You stupid fuck the whole reason why their relationship didn't work was because his regard for her was skin deep and she enabled him. He treated her like she was an object to be worshipped and kept from danger. He was a huge baby and their partnership was dragging him down.

Attached: ss+(2018-03-25+at+09.35.13).jpg (819x676, 116K)

Anyone can write that. Any woman can be like that. Real, but not much else. That's why she's shallow as a character. Had she betrayed him, really betrayed him, I would have said this episode was good and she was a good character.

>That's why she's shallow as a character.
Because she feels more for the guy she's actually interacted with than for the one she doesn't? Do you seriously think her characterization happens when she's with Futoshi?

>Had she betrayed him, really betrayed him, I would have said this episode was good and she was a good character.
No one cares about what you want.

EWWWW

Attached: nazaaa.gif (288x189, 2.01M)

She acknowledged she was at fault. Futoshi may be faulted for being obnoxious and unattractive, that's true, but it wasn't a justification for flagrantly breaking a promise just made. But again, she doesn't really care all that much after breaking it. Neither did I, because the promise was just a cheap device to tie in with Mitsuru. Mitsuru was the central focus of the episode and everything that happened catered to his characterization. But even he was rather disappointing and that's the real downer, with the only good that he and Kokoro are together now.

I think they rushed to get so much done in one episode and relied on melodrama to speed up developments.

>Because she feels more for the guy she's actually interacted with than for the one she doesn't? Do you seriously think her characterization happens when she's with Futoshi?
No. Good job missing the point. She's not shallow because she chose Mitsuru. She's shallow as a character (not as a human) because her decision has no real punch to it. All agency was taken from her when the fault for her leaving Futoshi laid solely on him (as you said). Her characterization with wanting to help Mitsuru, by showing betrayal is more common than he thinks, meant nothing, because she hasn't really betrayed Futoshi.

>She's shallow as a character (not as a human) because her decision has no real punch to it.
Intensity has nothing to do with character depth. All her relationships are well established and dynamic.

>All agency was taken from her when the fault for her leaving Futoshi laid solely on him (as you said).
Except it wasn't. She was a coward and she admits she did wrong.

>Her characterization with wanting to help Mitsuru, by showing betrayal is more common than he thinks
Not an argument.

>Intensity has nothing to do with character depth. All her relationships are well established and dynamic.
Of course it has. Characters that only react and make only and make easy decisions are extremely easy to write.

>Except it wasn't. She was a coward and she admits she did wrong.
She may have been a coward for staying with him so far, but the decision of leaving him was extremely justified by his actions. Anyone would eventually leave him like that, so how that separes her from other characters? She's just one more. Now if she had betrayed him with no justification, then her betrayal would have meant something, and we would all be asking "why did she do that?" Much more interesting.

>Not an argument.
Oh so you're a memer then? Should have quoted the whole sentence for it to work.

What you want just isn't good character writing, it's to be lead on and shocked.

Attached: 1522016877667.jpg (1600x1579, 1.3M)

>haha I'm going to pretend I love him for literally no reason when instead I can be honest and ask to swap to Mitsuru.

No, since I told you she would have been a good character if she had betrayed him. That would have made us want to learn more about her. to see what made her like that.

Well aren't you a clever son of a bitch.

Attached: 445.gif (500x351, 462K)

>if she had betrayed him
But she did.

>to see what made her like that.
She already has a motivation for being like that.

>girls being nice to me = love

I'll just begin to repeat myself from now on. My points are all explained in my posts. Refer to them for all questions you have.

>Im a such a shitty whore and a liar

We're supposed to assume swapping partners isn't something that's typically done. The parasites probably didn't know it was something they could request. If that's the case why wouldn't she play along to keep him happy if she thought she'd have to pilot with him for her whole career. Futoshi thought she was reciprocating a romantic promise when in reality she was only making a practical one. Use your head retard.

>I'm so fucked up

just a small detail would've helped so much...

Attached: duun9yzi.jpg (356x200, 12K)

>Guilt about what she was about to do.
I don't think she feels genuine guilt. She's aware she is doing something horrible but she doesn't seem to see it as a mistake or show any real remorse.

He was talking about the scene in the OP I think. There she could have said, "Futoshi-kun, I'm sorry, but I didn't really mean that promise. I want to try piloting with Mitsuru-kun."

I want to ride with mitsuru.

All you've said is that the show didn't do what you wish it did. You don't have any points. Provide internal inconsistencies, not what ifs.

How did the characterization in this episode contradict previous characterization? How did it not build upon it? How did the relationships not change accordingly? How were the characters reactions not appropriate to the level of seriousness each relationship had and their personalities?

She’s probably just thinking about Mitsuru, maybe a little bit about how she’s about to become a bad person. I honestly doubt she thinks much about Futoshi himself at all, not even in a negative way. He just doesn’t matter to her.

I cant imagine her having any actual contempt for Futoshi. I mean, she even admitted that she did a bad thing. However she really wanted to help Mitsuru. Girls like broken men who they think they can fix (and she did fix him).

The only thing that gets me is that she didnt sit down with Futoshi to talk about why she made the decision. As her former stamen and close friend, he deserved that much to ease the transition.

I want Mitsuru seed not some seed of Pig-kun like u.

This. The fatass fits as the butt of jokes but you don't use the butt of jokes for something this serious. It cheapens what Kokoro is going through and wastes what could have been interesting turmoil for another character. Instead the consequence of this event is the fatass joke character crying like a gag character. No one cares what happens to him next since he's been such a passive background element in every other episode.

How don't I have any points if I'm explaining my opinion of the character and episode? I'm not talking about inconsistency, but that her character turned out weak and shallow. Yeah, maybe that's my personal preference; maybe you just think consistency is enough for excellence.

Beautiful idoru Kokoro wants to stop being an idoru and get on in her life with a husbando. She chose Mitsuru.

Well duh. The whole relationship that Kokoro had with Futoshi was just a bad joke, so she decided to end it.

It's the difference between guilt and shame. Breaking promise is shamefur and one should apologize for it, but that doesn't mean they actually feel guilty about it/. Nip society doesn't mind lies/hiding the truth, it's an accepted part of life, which is why one being more true to oneself is treated positively in their fiction even if they do what is socially unacceptable.

>Her characterization with wanting to help Mitsuru, by showing betrayal is more common than he thinks, meant nothing
So true. When she compared her dumping Futoshi to Mitsuru's problems I just wondered if Mitsuru was rolling his eyes internally.

yeah, it's pretty self-indulgent. all about how awful -she- feels, not actually doing anything to help him move on.

People are so intent in justifying Kokoro's action that they don't understand that justification is what made this whole ordeal uninteresting.

It looks like among those who are complaining , most or all of them are virgins and don't know how actual relationship works.

That just feels like a waste of one of the more potentially emotional exchanges the serious could have had. Unless they plan on doing this exact thing again with different characters, at which point this will feel stale.

Here comes the strawman.

>The only thing that gets me is that she didnt sit down with Futoshi to talk about why she made the decision. As her former stamen and close friend, he deserved that much to ease the transition.
Because maximum drama.

>god, fat people are fucking disgusting

I never asked for this

Probably a bunch of cocks

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Darling in the FranXX - 11 [1080p]-0001.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

Yeah, I'm not saying you should like the show or watch for characterization. You can watch whatever and for whatever you want. But you're saying the characterization isn't well made, and that's just plain wrong. It's extremely complex and detailed and people have been discussing it for days on end every week.

It's like getting on a bulldozer, seeing it's not as fast as a racecar, and then saying it must have a bad engine because of it -- it wasn't built to do what you want it to do.

That's the problem. It's too easy. I don't necessarily agree with the other guy and think it should be written so Kokoro is more at fault, but she should at least be hurting a character who can be taken seriously so it actually reflects on her. Very few people who watch this show think it's weird that Kokoro excommunicates Futoshi after dropping him, because he's just a joke. No one cares what happens to him next.

I mean, yeah Drama and all that, but it makes no narrative sense in this world where personal conflicts can actually be detrimental to effectiveness in their life's purpose. Their commanding officers even said to talk it out among their partners about swapping and she didnt even do that much.

I feel as though had she done that instead of swapping so quickly, it could have added some depth to the swap and even embolden Futoji in trying his best even without her by his side in a better way, while easing a little of her guilt about the decision (even if it leaves her questioning it).

She did feel that what she did to Futoshi was mean, but she wanted to get over it. Also, being a teenager, that's just how it works.

I don't disagree with that. You're missing my point.

[screams internally]

>But you're saying the characterization isn't well made
This particular one wasn't, and I tried to point as to why.

>It's extremely complex and detailed and people have been discussing it for days on end every week.
Oh no, there were interesting characters. Zorome and Mitsuru for example are excellent. Kokoro just isn't one of them so far. And for what it's worth, Futoshi isn't either.

[vomits externally]

>It's extremely complex and detailed and people have been discussing it for days on end every week.
People have just been shitposting and spamming ntr memes

Attached: 1520172954211.gif (430x360, 1.37M)

>Saying "y-yeah okay" when some fatass creep says he would die for you is "love"

I love that this episode has exposed so many people who were probably beta-orbiters in high school on this board.

Childhood is hating Kokoro
Adulthood is hating Futoshi
Enlightened adulthood is realizing that every character in this shit show is terrible.

It's not complex, it's controversial. The simple circumstances create very different reactions in people based on bias and past experiences.

At least The FranXX are hot

>Enlightened adulthood is realizing that every character in this shit show is terrible.
That's just the natural base line conclusion to be honest.

>tfw be a good girl and be nice to everyone
>tfw life forces you to pair up with a clingy fatty beta dumbass
>tfw your actual love interest is gay

>This particular one wasn't
Again, you didn't say how outside of how it affected you.

The episode wasn't even mostly about her anyway.

>Kokoro just isn't one of them so far. And for what it's worth, Futoshi isn't either.
I disagree. This episode has opened a lot of possibilities for Futoshi and Kokoro was great when she was with Mitsuru.

"People" do that about everything.

This is also true. Controversial characters are extremely popular in some writing genres, mainly soap-operas, chick novels, and shoujos.

>Again, you didn't say how outside of how it affected you.
I said, and from a pretty technical point, but you're pretending to ignore it.

>simple circumstances
Every interaction has like at least 4 people involved plus the setting, how is that simple?

What if she already told him to lose weight, but he said it was genetic?

Attached: 1522011116225.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

Attached: mitsukoko.gif (500x200, 647K)

I wouldn't mind, if that give us his backstory.

No, you haven't. You've only proposed how their relationship could have been made more intense, when the whole point was that it wasn't.

The emotional focus of the episode wasn't on Kokoro and Futoshi; it was on Mitsuru.

The numbers. Gotta keep em up.

No one would believe him considering he's shown actively maintaining his weight almost every time he's on screen.

I've talked about agency and payoff. What have YOU talked about besides that Futoshi was a creep, she was right for dumping him and that was the point. Seems to me you're the one personally relating to the circumstances.

I mean, people in real life do that all the time too.
>it's my conditions, I already tried dieting for 2 days, nothing happened
>*downs a bag of chips*

THE NUMBERS FATSOHI
WHAT DO THEY MEAN

>Mitsuru had to take a drug because he was unfit to pilot otherwise due to his weak constitution
>Barely manages to performs above sync levels after the fact
>Only time he did well was when he was led on by Zero Tsu, who raped him into bed-wetting levels of trauma afterwards
>Gets saved by the very guy he cucked while he has gay thoughts
>His partner had to talk sense into him and nearly kill herself to make him put the gay away

This is the "Chad"? /franXX/ loves so much?

Attached: 1447037978635.jpg (475x343, 32K)

Serves fatty right. I hope he learns, he's not a manlet after all.

Attached: 1495743708802.jpg (690x765, 61K)

I just watch epsiode 10 and 11 today. Did everyone agrees hiro got his memory wiped and milkman is gay for hiro? Also is 02 trying to commit lover sucide?

Attached: 1521908801928.jpg (640x423, 76K)

No

>Girls like good looking broken men who they think they can fix
FTFY

> if I say "no" this moron will start wailing again
Fatoshi is as pathetic as one can possibly get. Neither Kokoro nor Milkman did anything wrong.

Attached: the_choice_is_obvious.jpg (3219x1072, 566K)

She was thinking Futoshi was Corpsing.
And Mitsuru was the man to call for

Attached: Carnie Wilson Pic 8.jpg (474x357, 18K)

THE BREAD FATOSHI
HOW MUCH DID YOU EAT

>god his breath stinks
>please kill me
tfw you realize she's been fake smiling this entire time.

Attached: 1482313407396.png (1920x1080, 931K)

>first half of ep 12 is loli 02 and hiro flashback
>second half is action and kiss w/ drama resolvement
how would you feel about this, Sup Forums?

I bet Fatoshi likes canned pineapples.

>>Gets saved by the very guy he cucked
Why did they put this in the episode despite it not seeming to reflect on the characters involved afterwords?
No one seems to reflect on it. Futoshi didn't seem to actually get stronger or get over anything once the battle was over.