It's been 10 years since I last watched 5cm/s. I'm now 30. What am I in for?

It's been 10 years since I last watched 5cm/s. I'm now 30. What am I in for?

Attached: 5 centimeters per second.jpg (566x800, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yATI48dcsMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

idk watch and find out

Depression

These.

I guess it depends on how much your life has moved on since you were 20.

wallpapers

I dunno man. if a movie wants me to cry I just do. Otherwise I'm just missing the point of the movie. I do the same with Keyshit. But maybe that's just me.

Not that much in all seriousness. Graduated college and working for a tech company, but other than that, I still feel 20 (really more like 22 when I graduated college). Relationship life is in the tank, and I'm constantly left thinking about past romances, and women that I let get away, especially one that just got married over the weekend.

Pretty visuals, vapid story. Watch it on mute no subs to get the most enjoyment.

Dogshit opinion. Save it.

i thought it was shit the last time i watched it

sup same age buddy, the title is the pace you may as well watch glasslip

But Glasslip is actually really good. It's likely too avant-garde for your tastes. Which is fine. But you think it's shit just because Sup Forums told you so which is pathetic.

Attached: 1501059793320.jpg (960x540, 246K)

>avant-garde
hipster

Namecalling isn't really an argument. I hope you realize that.

>tries his best to fit in, memorizing every word that Sup Forums likes and dislikes
>calls others hipster

I watched it as it aired, every few episodes it set up a potential plot and did nothing with it.
Glasslip was fucking dull, all it had going for it was well drawn set pieces.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Glasslip. The drama is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical glassworking most of the tension will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Kakeru’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Mori Ogai literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this drama, to realise that it's not an absolutely boring waste of time- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Glasslip truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Touko’s existential catchphrase “David,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Hino's epic Mugi to Heitai. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Nishimura Junji's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Watch Beyond the Clouds instead. It was better.

It's still the same 5 wallpapers/s.

Now, watching this old flash animation after ten years kills me.
youtube.com/watch?v=yATI48dcsMU

I think it did really well actually. Just because things weren't obvious doesn't mean nothing was accomplished.

OP here, I just finished it. 10 years later, and it still hits me in the feels. Part 2 (cosmonaut) hurt the most, because I was reminded about past relationships that I let die, because I was withering away holding on to the past. I was numb towards part 3, because it's honestly my life right now. In short, the film still holds up after all tis time.

It's a bit childish
monologues can be a bit on the noes depending on your mood

the manga is way better courtesy of not being restrained by 1hr runtime and shinkai's hack music video ending. akari was very likeable beyond being tohno's object of desire and it's much more vividly portrait how the way things turn out wasnt something she intended it to be. she's and actual well fleshed character.

I'm finding this with almost all anime as I get towards 30.

Watched it yet? Can you relate more to it?

pic rel hit pretty hard when I rewatched it at 27

Attached: Byousoku 5 Centimeter [anon32][D3949F28]0001.jpg (1920x1080, 736K)

A gay ol' time

That's because 5cm/sec evokes a sense of regret and sentiment for things past. Shinkai did state he wanted to convey a different speed of living between people, some move on some don't (compared to the speed of cherry blossom's petals) through this movie.

If you still have past regrets of course this movie still affects you.

I'm almost 32 and I re-watched it 1 year ago and it still hit me in the feels just like it did back then.

Something better than "your name".

Being on suicide watch (again)

A hatred of public transit.

Attached: fucking trains.jpg (1366x768, 232K)

Who needs women when 2d is superior

>It's been 10 years since I last watched 5cm/s. I'm now 30. What am I in for?
In all honesty, it depends how you grew to see the world during those 10 years: If you think of Akari (Tataki's childhood love interest) as if she became a stranger, the ending will feel stupid because it's the same as if he would've passed by a stranger he never even knew (She didn't wait for him and got engaged to someone else? These bitches ain't loyal!). You will think the story is dumb because it doesn't follow the usual "red string of fate!" pattern that comforts people. It may even make you hate it because you will feel it goes against everything that should be right in the world, and that it even discourages people from taking action and chasing after their love interest, and therefore "It's a terrible anime!" because "If it was you, you sure as hell wouldn't have let your girl go! and oh yeah, one day you may still become a billionaire and a rockstar too! There's still hope goddamit!".

Another type of person will accept the harsh realities of life, specially those who lost love interests due to situations beyond their control, or not knowing any better, and they will relate to that feeling of being connected to those people (they once knew and loved) through space and time (the outer world scenes), and the last scene will hit you like a ton of bricks. It will hit you even harder if you read the manga, when you notice the little girl is waving goodbye to him with tears in her eyes as he walks away, that's when the pain of regret sinks in of what could've been if life had been different, if you could've known better, or had been in a more appropriate situation, because in the manga, in that format, she doesn't fade away, she stays there on the page, haunting the story like a ghost, the same way the memories of your old love interests continuously haunt you even if you want to let go (because it's the right thing), even if it's very painful

Attached: 5cm2.png (1440x900, 906K)

This a million times, seeing that for the first time when I was half the age I am now was a mistake

>In 10 years I will be 30
Okay enough fucking around I'll make something out of my self before I lose my youth

Attached: AER2Foe.png (304x288, 22K)

Your Name but with a shitty ending.

user I'm 32 and I'm not dead yet, there is a life after 30. Life doesn't end with 30 years. Do what you have to do because you can't escape it you will get older. Besides being in the 30 doesn't mean that you will be a grandpa. It depends on how you do in your 20's, if you work out regularly and eat healthy. When you hit 30 you won't see any much difference compared to when you was 20. I speak from experience.

i had a huge crush on Sumida and i dreamed about that island.

Cuckoldry

Muh feels

Second biggest enemy after the Tokyo tower

what kind of life do you live that your 30's are the same as your 20's. i'm 27 now and everything is strikingly different. i cant drink as much, i cant laze around on weekdays, things that were hobby before have started to become a chore, i dont feel like masturbating as much, i stopped enjoying shitposting and have begun to reply seriously. its been 6 years since the last time i fell in love with another human being and the 3dpd meme has stopped being funny. im wageslaving 8-5 now and once night comes i've no friends to hang out with. i keep thinking maybe something great is gonna happen in the future and now 2 years later hardly anything has changed. i have money but i dont know or care what to spend it on. all i do is stay awake posting on Sup Forums hoping that another soul would have a fun conversation with me like back when i was in school.

fuck that page man, it was 10 times more painful than the movie amv ending. every time i remember it my stomach churns and the back of my head hurts. it really is a cautionary tale which came way too late.

looks like you're in for a ride then