The only reason this is praised so much is because it is babby's first mecha

Tyler Thompson
Tyler Thompson

The only reason this is praised so much is because it is babby's first mecha

In reality it is extremely mediocre and wildly overrated. Anyone who thinks otherwise has zero credibility

Attached: 1540590-neon-genesis-evangelion-2.jpg (194 KB, 1024x768)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bWYzTGTMhno
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_Bebop
wiki.puella-magi.net/Fate/Zero_Volume_1_Postface
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FyW-_aBDUTY

Anthony Taylor
Anthony Taylor

(you)

Mason Jones
Mason Jones

mecha

Josiah Martinez
Josiah Martinez

Nah it's becaise it was one of the first somewhat plausible psychological shows.

Mason Young
Mason Young

the fact you are making a bait thread about a 20+ year show says something about the quality and staying power that EVA has.

Jack Ramirez
Jack Ramirez

Babby's first mecha was tetsujin

Bentley Rogers
Bentley Rogers

It says more about the quality and staying power of his genes.

Brandon Phillips
Brandon Phillips

Were they the good guys?

Attached: 1996164-2.jpg (41 KB, 630x630)

Christian Gonzalez
Christian Gonzalez

I agree. It was so boring, when i finished it it was like cumming gallons after a fap probation, but not because it was good, but because i finally finished watching that pile of stinking shit.

Brayden Morgan
Brayden Morgan

They're Sup Forums incarnate

Jason Kelly
Jason Kelly

The Elders of Zion
the good guys
no

Attached: literally-official-art.jpg (279 KB, 855x1200)

Caleb Young
Caleb Young

I don't consider it to be bad, but highly overrated. I remember that I couldn't understand the last two episodes and it felt like shit to me, after watching and reading more it all made more sense

Jeremiah Watson
Jeremiah Watson

You forgot to call it pretentious.

Jackson Young
Jackson Young

Hey that's only my opinion. One thing is for sure, this stuff is, like you just said, too much overrated. But then again i'm on Sup Forums and everybody knows that Sup Forums has 99% of times shit tastes.
also this

Elijah Parker
Elijah Parker

It’s no Madoka but it was still amazing for its time.

Zachary Lopez
Zachary Lopez

Gurren Lagann is the baby first mecha anime.

Jayden Reed
Jayden Reed

Oh yes, Madoka was another over-the-top overrated pile of garbage.

Jaxon Mitchell
Jaxon Mitchell

Madoka is the best directed anime on earth. Miyazaki even admitted it was a masterpiece.

Christian Robinson
Christian Robinson

I couldn't stand Shinji so I dropped it at ep3. I tried but it was just beyond me. From what anons say Asuka was at least as bad later on so I regret nothing.

Brandon Allen
Brandon Allen

Not to mention it's a Devilman Crybaby ripoff. Anno is a hack.
I was just listening to this earlier today. It's pretty great. youtube.com/watch?v=bWYzTGTMhno

Attached: 9e3272abbb984cc67bfe0ae626f8b52c--neon-genesis-evangelion-rei-ayanami.jpg (51 KB, 481x988)

James Nelson
James Nelson

Weird way to write cowboy bebop, user.

Julian Baker
Julian Baker

Shinji more like cringy AMIRITE hah hah.

Attached: 1520121482107.gif (551 KB, 500x291)

Wyatt Green
Wyatt Green

Hi

I'm the op of the K-ON thread. I made that thread with sincere intentions and expressed my genuine feelings. That is all I wanted to say.

Attached: K-ON-k-on-14824028-1600-900.jpg (466 KB, 1600x900)

Jaxson Perez
Jaxson Perez

Bebop was an overrated piece of garbage for nerds to think listening to jazz makes them sophisticated. The actual show itself was okay at best and with a different soundtrack it would have gone almost unnoticed completely. Cowboy Bebop has literally nothing on Madoka Magica in terms of music of story and that’s that. Actually kill yourself you hipster ass goblin.

Juan Rodriguez
Juan Rodriguez

this
lolol wtf is this? the normie tier weeb shit reunion or something? lol you guys should kys for such bad tastes

Attached: f3b.jpg (30 KB, 640x444)

Matthew Wright
Matthew Wright

it's mostly blues, not jazz. but who cares, you're probably one of those failures of human beings that roams the k-pop threads. also i won't even waste myself in arguing with you about the excellent direction, the compelling mix of genres, the great characters and so on; just go back watching that doremi bullshit, that's the style that suits you bitches best.

Attached: 1-qxcD-lwlBy1rHl-zbNUJ6w.0.jpg (118 KB, 1200x800)

Isaac Price
Isaac Price

Attached: 1516557380411.jpg (1.15 MB, 680x1671)

Alexander Reed
Alexander Reed

ummmm ummm user doesn’t like Bebop so he must roam Kpop threads.

Nice trying to defend your garbage show.

Julian Nguyen
Julian Nguyen

It wasn't babby's first mecha in Japan where it became one of the most influential and popular anime of all time.

Noah Murphy
Noah Murphy

There’s hundreds of influential anime series.

Adrian Hernandez
Adrian Hernandez

The only reason this is praised so much is because it is babby's first mahou shoujo

In reality it is extremely mediocre and wildly overrated. Anyone who thinks otherwise has zero credibility

Attached: madotrash.jpg (82 KB, 348x500)

Samuel Davis
Samuel Davis

Eva isn’t even the most influential mech anime.

Gabriel Ramirez
Gabriel Ramirez

babby's first mecha
evangelion
Maybe if you were born in the 2000s

Zachary Reed
Zachary Reed

Madoka is old

You new?

Lincoln Myers
Lincoln Myers

Madoka gets all the praise it gets from people who have actually watched it because it’s genuinely amazing unlike shows like Eva and Bebop where the fans watched them as kids and have a thick pair of nostalgia goggles over their face when they eat their member berries.

Jacob Cook
Jacob Cook

Go watch kobayashit, you little pleb. You will never be able to enjoy a real anime.

Evangelion is the greatest series in anime history. If you do not think the same, it's because your taste is shit .

Hudson Perez
Hudson Perez

needing to watch more than 3 episodes of Madoka to realize it's utter trash

Joshua Ross
Joshua Ross

mecha

Asher Wright
Asher Wright

kill yourself

Asher Jones
Asher Jones

pissed Eva fan

You didn’t even watch it.

Bentley Price
Bentley Price

seething madokek
You could sell the salt to your local supermarket.

Ethan Martin
Ethan Martin

Wrong, it's because of the psychology. Anyone with half a brain can see why this stands out, even if they don't like it.

Hudson Powell
Hudson Powell

Not him but Madoka is a good anime, that's all. Eva is a master piece. It's a huge difference.

Blake Gutierrez
Blake Gutierrez

muh psychology
The brainlets who made this show can't even make a graph right.

Attached: WtqruY2.gif (1.14 MB, 635x359)

Jack Thomas
Jack Thomas

Looks like the Madoka EVAhate autist is back to tell us why it's so much better than other classics without explaining way.

Thomas Ward
Thomas Ward

Not him but Madoka is literally a better series. Eva fans have thick nostalgia goggles covering their eyes.

Jose Campbell
Jose Campbell

Attached: you.gif (867 KB, 480x336)

Adam Peterson
Adam Peterson

that's the only reason i came up with, because you must have tons of shit taste to deny perfection; either that, or you're just an underaged contrarian.
your garbage show
Boy, how wrong can you be?en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_Bebop Check the entry "Reception". Literally everyone idolized it, aside the edgy kiddos like you that is.

Thomas Ramirez
Thomas Ramirez

Madoka is pleb shit for newfags. I have watched it 5 times to the point of hating everything about it and realizing what an amateur casual magnet it is for impressionable teens. No one actually likes Madoka. They just want to be seen liking it. It's a fad, just recency bias on the part of the fans.

Eli Reyes
Eli Reyes

inb4 you don't understand user!! you don't understand shit, you never did... madoka is a clever exploitation of the magical girl concept!!

exploit my smegma encrusted foreskin, you fags.

Jacob Perez
Jacob Perez

also inb4 "nice plebbit spacing xdd" fuck off niggers i will eat you alive

Zachary Cook
Zachary Cook

Zionists
good guys

Attached: 1497073530167.jpg (863 KB, 2000x1360)

Charles Torres
Charles Torres

Why you do think that? Madoka will never be a master piece like Eva. That's pretty obvious. It's a good anime. Better than the average moeshit, but better than Eva? You must be dreaming.

Christian Collins
Christian Collins

The same thing happened with Madoka. Bebop is overrated.

Ethan Gutierrez
Ethan Gutierrez

You shouldn't use words you don't understand Jimmy, now why does your mom let you watch two animes again

Blake Mitchell
Blake Mitchell

Madoka is bad
I’ve only watched it 5 times
I.. I swear it’s bad

Cameron Russell
Cameron Russell

K-On > Eva > Madoka

Zachary Robinson
Zachary Robinson

You’re dreaming

Hideaki Anno (see pic related):
This is really good, Kyubey. Be it getting rid of lip-synching, or working it as a character, doing it so thoroughly makes me feel great. And the symbolization of the witches is also skillfully done. The music is also good. My urge is to own the three BGM tracks like the "salesman's theme" which I love, got me to buy Vol. 2 of the Blu-Ray. Ep. 10 was good too. The way HomuHomu was depicted was good. I think in terms of the released form of anime works, going for a movie series instead of another TV series is a good way to establish it even further. I have high expectations of it.
Mamoru Oshii (Japan Media Arts Festival judge):
Madoka is the first "god-tier" anime since Evangelion.
Yutaka Yamamoto:
Stop Cancelling Our Anime! There’s no need for “self-estraint” with anime. There is no need to cancel Madoka. Now of all times, Madoka must keep crying out the truth of humanity.
Kazuo Koike(Lone Wolf and Cub & Crying Freeman):
There were many times I felt my heart rending when I watched Madoka Magica. I think it is a great thing to create such touching work. Gen Urobuchi, I could not have such ideas. I admit defeat.
Shunji Suzuki:
Madoka might beat Eva, if it hasn't yet. It's not good for relics of the past to stay at the top forever.
Ryusuke Hikawa (Japan Media Arts Festival judge):
For the past decades I've wondered, "Why can't anybody make an anime with as much impact as Gundam using the power of the moe anime genre?" Madoka Magica made this wish come true.
Hitoshi Sakoh:
The pairing of Madoka and Homura is just the best!
Rena Matsui:
It was a most heartfelt joy to watch scenes like the ED of ep. 10 or when Kyubey gave a speech

Attached: A6E0584E-C9E0-4C99-9DCD-F128A9F5CA3D.jpg (145 KB, 1505x753)

Juan Smith
Juan Smith

Ano is that you posting on Sup Forums?

Noah Fisher
Noah Fisher

recency bias
its 7 years old

Connor Flores
Connor Flores

Have you even watched Madoka? Honestly? It makes Eva look bad in comparison.

Charles Wood
Charles Wood

A work of art must be at least 20 years old before it's no longer affected by recency bias. Every single positive comment on Madoka is thereby skewed and invalid until 2031.

Kayden Green
Kayden Green

Perhaps, yes. Everything here is extremely overrated or underrated, no grey areas. For Bebop though, i think there are good reasons if it's the former one. That's my useless opinion on the internet though.

Thomas Kelly
Thomas Kelly

Why do Madokafags always think that if you didn't think it was the best thing ever made you didn't watch it?

Jayden Russell
Jayden Russell

This thread is just full of /pol/ tier levels of arguing.
Everyone go reevaluate your methodology of critique, re-watch your shows, take notes, and then come back.

Owen Price
Owen Price

Yeah, and I love it. It's one of my favorites anime. I like Madoka, really like it, but better than Eva? That's too much, user.

Christopher Wright
Christopher Wright

it’s 20 because I say so

Jaxson Walker
Jaxson Walker

This but unironically.

Benjamin Nguyen
Benjamin Nguyen

forcing people to commit to instrumentality
aware of second impacts effects, proceeded to undertake it anyway
shadow group hidden from the rest of the world's knowledge
NO

Asher Evans
Asher Evans

Madoka > K-On > Eva

Evan Cooper
Evan Cooper

If you're praising a show that's not even an adult in age, there is something fundamentally wrong with you.

Jayden Perry
Jayden Perry

Because when you start asking questions 99% of people who claim to “hate” Madoka haven’t watched it. They know nothing about the actual series.

Aaron Garcia
Aaron Garcia

excuses

You’ll bump up the time every time an anime comes around that’s better than what you enjoy.

Elijah Ward
Elijah Ward

i've watched it and it was meh to say the least.

Nathaniel Martinez
Nathaniel Martinez

Madoka Magica is quite simply the worst thing to happen to mahou shoujo ever. Its forced profundity has caused millions of people all over the world to force themselves to like what is quite simply nothing more than an exercise in style.

Urobutcher has no idea what he is doing here. His show jumps around with little to no sense of unity. The great film makers of the world create a series of events that contain clarity of information, something Urobutcher couldn't bet his life on.

What is the purpose of what is going on here? Is there any coherent message? I have heard suggestions that it is Urobutcher's message about humanity, but what is that? Does Urobutcher even know?

This is Transformers for the art house crowd. Pure style over substance. Nobody actually likes this show, they just like to be seen liking it.

Gabriel Brown
Gabriel Brown

Eva > Eva > Eva

Adam Price
Adam Price

code geass is clearly the better mech anime

prove me wrong

Carson Myers
Carson Myers

Being this contrarian
You can personally dislike it but to call arguably the most accessible anime of all time garbage just makes you look like a edgelord retard.

Joseph Cruz
Joseph Cruz

Madoka is far from hate-worthy, it's really good. Was even compared a lot to eva here when it aired. It's not eva though.

Michael Green
Michael Green

Honestly episode ten of Madoka alone is the equivalent of EOE.

Carter Cruz
Carter Cruz

It's the same fucking guy every time. See , I recognize his response verbatim. I must've argued with him 4 times by now.

Cameron Butler
Cameron Butler

And you’re saying that because you didn’t watch it. If you thought Madoka was meh you probably don’t enjoy anything you watch anywhere.

Ayden Gonzalez
Ayden Gonzalez

It’s better. Most people in the industry who knew more about anime than you agree.

Henry Brown
Henry Brown

That's better.
Now can Madokafags recover?

Benjamin Thomas
Benjamin Thomas

It is literally only one guy making that argument over and over.

Kayden Brown
Kayden Brown

Know*

Jackson Anderson
Jackson Anderson

Have you tried watching Madoka though?

Evan Ward
Evan Ward

responding to your own post

Madoka answers questions about its own universe and characters than Moon and CCS ever can even imagine despite having much less episodes. That’s why people who review Madoka activity shit on both of them unintentionally.

Jason Gonzalez
Jason Gonzalez

See

James Johnson
James Johnson

samefagging
How would that make sense? Why would I respond to myself in such manner? I just wanted a better level of discussion from both sides.

Jayden Clark
Jayden Clark

I don't know why nobody blatantly said it out loud and wish somebody would just own up to it and say it; I'm just gonna say it:

The humans are the evil ones in this series, not the angels. For fucks sake man; why is humanity defending itself with such a shit evil lie man? And they wonder why god fucking hates them? They all did deserve instrumentality.

Nathan Price
Nathan Price

I've seen people interpret Madoka's message in many different ways but I think if you look at Butcher's overall writing it's clearly meant to be a spiritual sequel to Fate/Zero and his other earlier works. A writer's journey to write a "real", sincere happy ending.

wiki.puella-magi.net/Fate/Zero_Volume_1_Postface

Jose Diaz
Jose Diaz

Because it’s obvious you’re the same guy trying to bring attention to your own post. Moon might be old but Madoka is better and sold more than crystal and receives better reviews which should have blown it away considering it had years of existence while Madoka didn’t exist yet.

Aaron Torres
Aaron Torres

Attached: notsame.png (8 KB, 588x201)

Tyler Collins
Tyler Collins

Okay, relax. No need to randomly bring Sailor Moon into this. Personally I'd really appreciate if we took the enthusiasm we had here and put it into a Madoka thread instead. We had an amazing one awhile back and I'd be happy if we could keep doing that.

Joshua Cook
Joshua Cook

entropy
that pseudo-science shit
Madoka was a nonsensical mess

Cameron Morales
Cameron Morales

Billions of people on Earth who doesn't have anything to do or isn't even aware of it in the first place
all deserve instrumentality.

Nice logic, traitor.

Jose Bell
Jose Bell

Sailor moon is about as deep as Inuyasha. People need to stop treating it like it’s some kind of masterpiece because it’s old.

John Wright
John Wright

That's Ozymandias to you fool.

Isaac Scott
Isaac Scott

Sailor Moon S was Madoka done right. Clearly your recency bias is clouding your judgement.
implying anyone cares about Crystal

Bentley Richardson
Bentley Richardson

I see people doing that to cutie honey and I don't see you complaining about that. Is it because it's mainstream?

Jacob Gomez
Jacob Gomez

elders of Zion

more like good goys

Mason Gomez
Mason Gomez

See

Brandon Kelly
Brandon Kelly

See

Adam Roberts
Adam Roberts

Yeah, no.

SM is a classic. I don't agree with this "Madoka done right" crap but it being a classic is indisputable.

Juan Kelly
Juan Kelly

I don't know why nobody blatantly said it out loud
I'm pretty sure Gendo said it explicitly at some point that humans are their very own worst enemy. Doesn't that count?

Lucas Reyes
Lucas Reyes

Hey, I know it's kind of a controversial opinion, but I actually like both NGE and Madoka. Bebop too, actually. Do I have shit-taste?

Attached: akko-retarded.jpg (29 KB, 665x574)

Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones

Okay then is your boring series was Madoka done right answer a simple question. Who and what is Luna is why specifically does she want usagi out of everybody else to be a magical girl? What makes your mc so special?

Juan Mitchell
Juan Mitchell

if*

Blake Collins
Blake Collins

What about the bad guys in Moon? Does the series explain why they are they way they are and their motives? Why girls? Does Moon explain why magical girls are specifically needed over boys?

Cooper Baker
Cooper Baker

Why is Luna even interested in helping humans anyway?

Jose Ross
Jose Ross

Are you retarded?

Connor Fisher
Connor Fisher

Nope Sailor Moon is. It’s a kids show for kids and is nothing compared to an actual series like Madoka.

Carson Jenkins
Carson Jenkins

You're too dumb for a kids show then. No wonder you're attracted to teen edgy schlock.

lmao
m
a
o

Jayden Peterson
Jayden Peterson

I know the answers to the questions I’m being asked are disappointing so I’ll avoid them

I know the answers. I just want you to write them down so you yourself realize how shallow Sailor Moon is with your own words and thoughts.

Blake Thompson
Blake Thompson

normie
you have to go back

Ayden Rodriguez
Ayden Rodriguez

This argument is dumb and you are both dumb. Madoka and the whole damn magical girl genre are great.

Landon Diaz
Landon Diaz

How can Evafags ever recover?

Angel Bell
Angel Bell

They will always have their pride as being the original anime shitposters.

Brayden Sullivan
Brayden Sullivan

Pretty disappointing that not only has this age old bait been taken hook line and sinker, but yet again Madoka is being brought up out of nowhere and compared to evangelion.

If you can't enjoy both series for what they are and see the differences between them you're most likely the mythical "brainlet" that /sci/ thinks you are if you ever found an integral challenging.

Benjamin Reyes
Benjamin Reyes

pretentiousfag thinks depth is decided by the sterile metrics of plot mechanics
This is why you worship suffering porn with mouthpiece characters. Your approach to art is facile at best. K-On is 'deeper' than Madoka but there's no way you can even comprehend what I truly mean with your ignorance.

Elijah Murphy
Elijah Murphy

Not even close.

James Morris
James Morris

I agree, for the most part. I think it's a good anime, but when people start talking of it as a serious artistic achievement I start having some issues. There's substance in Madoka, with the types of love and sacrifice ending with Madoka's altruistic love; it's an emotional show. But it feels a show to me that started with its themes and plot before it filled the characters. It's a show appealing to otaku, maho shojo sentiment that because of it's seriousness and well executed stylism in a relatively mediocre medium and genre has an overstated depth and characterization attributed to it from fans and 'critics'. The biggest problem is the world Madoka is in and the fashion of characters is concessionary to the audience; the situation of a group of teenage magical girls by themselves and an evil alien is too insular to accommodate it's stab at a serious, authentic, universal work. It's written formally well, but is an aesthetic failure - as anime it's good, as art it's overrated. EVA suffers from the same thing (alien invaders and mechas) but is better imo cause the characters came more out of Anno's sincere self-analysis and the atmosphere of the show developed with them, also the genre stylization aspects are absolutely background rather than Madoka which takes just about every opportunity to astound the audience with it.

Logan Jones
Logan Jones

ummm I just realized Sailor moon is as shallow as a puddle compared to Madoka so I’ll say things like explaining how the universe works and character motivation is meaningless

You know the sad thing is on top of all that the art and music in Madoka are also better and it’s even more entertaining to watch.*

Ryan Powell
Ryan Powell

Well obviously you don’t agree then.

Jace Jackson
Jace Jackson

More like it was one of the first to do what it did in that context and everybody and their mother copied it so it seems unoriginal now.

Jackson Turner
Jackson Turner

Madoka magia is great but it’s the worst thing to happen to magical girl series because I hate the elite Inu Curry artwork.

Logan Gonzalez
Logan Gonzalez

Madoka, Eva, Bebop
The hallmarks of the tasteless and the uninitiated. It's okay if you're just getting into the medium, but there are some (even here, on a so called ''anime'' board) that actually believe they are cultured or have a snippet of taste because they like these anime, when in actuality they are nothing more than embarrassing cringeworthy copy/paste babbies with no opinion on the medium they claim to love whatsoever.

For an authentic patrician cinephile like myself, it is truly disgusting to watch, and the main reason I, and many others, steer far away from this pit of despair and depravity. You are everything wrong with this board.

Attached: hacks.jpg (1000 KB, 1528x5000)

Brody Jackson
Brody Jackson

I wasn't really responding to a specific point, just the general idea that it's style is more predominate than its substance.

Michael Brooks
Michael Brooks

Madoka > K-On > Eva

Thomas Cook
Thomas Cook

/tv/

Adrian James
Adrian James

Do you either didn’t watch it or you didn’t understand it.

Liam Thomas
Liam Thomas

you shouldn't give a shit what other people think of your preferences. Those are practically the most ubiquitous anime you could say you like, most who would give you shit about liking them are just being contrarian.

Julian Wilson
Julian Wilson

Dude fuck off or make an actual argument. You're by far the worst Madokafag I've ever known.

Mason Foster
Mason Foster

Wait, are you saying that most people in this thread a baiting contrarians? That's presumptuous, I thought Sup Forums was the pinnacle of refined, honest anime-focused conversation.

Easton Moore
Easton Moore

probably a samefag in complete hysterical denial. leave him be, i actually ignored his completely pointless and autistic "argument".

Brayden Cook
Brayden Cook

Good user; you have made my night. Thank you. Especially when the scumbag himself said it. I would laugh when a friend of mine worshiped that dude; Anno from beginning to end depicted him as a piece of shit. So be it.

Jacob Clark
Jacob Clark

You’re literally sitting here trying to say the style of the show is greater than the substance while claiming you hate the style you dumb idiot. You didn’t watch the show or you didn’t understand 90% of it.

Carter Brooks
Carter Brooks

You’re literally responding to your own post.

Landon Baker
Landon Baker

I lol'd

Christian Watson
Christian Watson

I'm actually not. I thought it was easy to understand, then again i'm not sure a madokafag can proceed a simple concept like that.

Anthony Garcia
Anthony Garcia

When did I say i 'hate' the style? I like the style, I said I liked the damn show. My argument was about it being overstated as an art achievement or considered the GOAT anime like you like to insist.

William Green
William Green

I’m not the same user
responds to the question I literally just asked the other user

Nice getting yourself caught.

Ethan Russell
Ethan Russell

It is an art achievement and the GOAT anime.

Blake Wood
Blake Wood

/r/catalog#s=eddit%2C new amigo.

Nathan Robinson
Nathan Robinson

I didnt like it, either. Although that is probably a bad sign because I only have a 100 iq.

Kayden Peterson
Kayden Peterson

Keep believing what you want user. One thing is for certain, you have severe problems.

Grayson Rogers
Grayson Rogers

You have problems. Watch Madoka. It’s literally only 12 episodes.

I have
No you haven’t.

Charles King
Charles King

thanks for the (you), madokafag. i just needed another one.

Jace Moore
Jace Moore

Good.

Aiden Adams
Aiden Adams

I don't agree that the premise being insular stops it from be a relatable work of art. This is regarding to both Madoka and Eva. The themes still apply to the human condition.

And I take issue with your assumption that Anno's characterization is more sincere. The Madoka characters are deeply conscientious. They are introspective in a way that builds real characterization like Eva, but they also learn to care deeply about each other and the world, and are created out of a worldview that is less self-centered than Eva's. Most of all they are truly the masters of their own destinies in the show, Madoka's characterization is stronger because the characters are in control of what they are doing every step of the plot and not being forcefully made to endure random psychological torture over and over against their will.

Dylan Campbell
Dylan Campbell

What if I like all the shows mentioned in this thread equally
Seriously though, it’s almost 30 years old at this point. Let it die.

Attached: 46786B24-7C4F-4E34-AE30-DCEAD6EC91FD.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720)

Kayden White
Kayden White

Here he goes again with his sperging... I already told you but well, who am i kidding. this only proves my point that madokafags are autists.

Attached: 1472249419879.jpg (32 KB, 567x561)

Brandon Ross
Brandon Ross

If you watched Madoka and went “meh” you’re literally the autist here.

Aiden Cook
Aiden Cook

Madoka is Ryuki lite
EVA is Ultraman Leo/Ideon lite
everyone fucking shut up

Carson Taylor
Carson Taylor

You haven’t watch either of them.

Liam Clark
Liam Clark

go away

Ryan Morgan
Ryan Morgan

fuck you

Leo Butler
Leo Butler

You haven't watched any of the things they ape so it balances out.

Attached: Jaki-ou-may-or-may-not-have-caught-anno's-eye-at-one-point.jpg (150 KB, 500x666)

Samuel Cruz
Samuel Cruz

trying so hard
Cute

Justin Hill
Justin Hill

The only thing I learned in this thread is that Sailor Moon is all hype and no go.

Angel Roberts
Angel Roberts

at least nobody has said "Deconstruction" yet

Jacob Jones
Jacob Jones

how dare you dislike something i like

Attached: nutbladder-kaiji-s2---03-81e952e7-mkv-snapshot-06-33-2011-05-02-22-18-01.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720)

Jacob King
Jacob King

So how come Urobuchi and Anno have such superb taste (VOTOMS, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Ultraman, Ultraman Nexus, Ideon, 0079, Aim for the Ace) but can't make anything good themselves?

Brody Sanchez
Brody Sanchez

See

Evan Lewis
Evan Lewis

Why are we comparing slice of life Moe to a mecha show?

Attached: you-cannot-be-this-mad.gif (2.25 MB, 495x308)

Adrian Perez
Adrian Perez

Because Sup Forums stands for Sup Forumsutism

Adam Flores
Adam Flores

There’s no sol series mentioned in the thread.

Nathan Anderson
Nathan Anderson

They both stand on the shoulders of giants but people don't watch either genre they're in nor do they watch Tokusatsu so it flies over their head like some fucked up version of "wow cool robot".
I'd love to see the world where Brain Powerd got on toonami instead of EVA so people here are constantly arguing about the deep message of "a woman's place is in the kitchen".

Justin Walker
Justin Walker

Just watch it.

Noah Davis
Noah Davis

You mean babby's first boner?

Holy shit, I miss being 8, when I first saw this ad at the back of a DBZ manga.

Attached: 9137gjCQBRL.jpg (816 KB, 1673x2560)

Jonathan Nguyen
Jonathan Nguyen

what the fuck are those proportions

Robert Reyes
Robert Reyes

I don't know, but 8-year-old me liked it a lot.

Jaxson Torres
Jaxson Torres

I couldn't understand the last 2 episodes
pleb detected

Jacob Morgan
Jacob Morgan

make the mech person-shaped
make the person mech-shaped

David Foster
David Foster

if you actually knew anything you would know a) that there wasnt enough funding to end properly and b) anno didnt even know how it should end

Liam Bennett
Liam Bennett

whats an anime that's a masterpiece

Leo Butler
Leo Butler

Dougram

Jacob Ortiz
Jacob Ortiz

桜(春の幻想)

Jason Collins
Jason Collins

efrim menuck
Michel foucault but no zizek or lacan
shit tier list.

Camden Harris
Camden Harris

Joe Odagiri

Attached: Delet-this.jpg (21 KB, 530x298)

Parker Bennett
Parker Bennett

Toshiki Inoue too
He's past his prime, not a hack, Jetman Agito and Changerion are all solid.

Landon Cook
Landon Cook

Dagram is not better than fucking Cowboy Bebop. NGE is good but I'd give you Dagram being better than it, and Madoka just sucks so ofc that's fair, but Bebop is like, really perfect. It's just a way more powerful package overall, way better soundtrack and visuals on every level, and made with way more culture and inspiration. Both Dagram and VIFAM have sort of sprout out these newfag fanbases of Ex-Doremi fans that praise them as the greatest anime ever, and like, they're really good and all, but it's really just some boring hipster shit to proclaim those as loudly as people tend to.

Asher Evans
Asher Evans

desu putting actors in the same list as musicians and writers is silly in general, it supremely overestimates their role.

Wyatt Foster
Wyatt Foster

I don't agree that the premise being insular stops it from be a relatable work of art.
It's relatable but to a stymied degree, imo. Insular alone might not be the right term, but insular in a wrong way. The fantasticism of the genre prevents it from being the best expression of its intended substance.
As for the characters I don't think your assertions necessarily make those characters more better in the sense I was talking. Madoka characters tumble into fates more archetypal even if it's presented as their own initiative. Their self-analysis and initiative goes to where the plot needs it to, and while the fitting of it is still poignantly done and they have more depth than other general anime characters, I think it still lacks the degree of nuance EVA had, which had more inner-expression. Like I said the the world of EVA is driven by character and the self-centerdness they have is a key accentuation of that characterization, and it becomes a world driven with despair and introversion, and their seeming lack of initiative distinguishes them even more. I also think you misconstrue the 'random' suffering EVA characters had. The suffering of theirs was actually wholly self-imposed, and the circumstances that caused it seemed like a long inevitability, particularly if you look at it metaphorically with what AT fields, angels, and the surrounding events leading to their 'trials'. But regardless, like I said my problem is not so much the characters of Madoka alone but the framework that they're expressed in.

Austin Rodriguez
Austin Rodriguez

no it wasn't. tons of OVA series had heavy psychological themes and even plots revolving around these themes as metaphor. hell, key the metal idol kicked off a year previous and was probably more focused on psychological metaphor. evangelion was just really good and set new standards for televised anime, and televised is a key word here. evangelion almost single-handedly shifted adult-oriented anime from OVA to television, people in the west aren't as aware of this. there wasn't much unprecedented about it's themes which if not covered by earlier series like gundam or ideon were certainly covered by the VHS rental OVA boom. it just showed it on TV and also happened to have a killer story and artwork and well-written characters. right stuff, right place, right time. all stuff that's been said literally hundreds of times by me and others over the years but someone's gotta tell all of you new kids now and then why this show has multiple daily threads twenty years later. also, Sup Forums likely wouldn't exist had evangelion not existed as the series was pivotal in moot's perception of anime.

anno is a fucking hack that faggot he needs to make more stuff it's like art in slow motion. better than ikuhara at least.

Attached: 1475816473715.gif (938 KB, 500x281)

Kevin Jones
Kevin Jones

It has an important place in history. But yes, its wildly overrated, frankly I don't think any show could live up to the amount of praise that is constantly heaped on NGE. I personally don't really care for it much since I couldn't relate to any of the characters.

Grayson Gray
Grayson Gray

im a sociopath and can only like shows when they pander to the type of person i am

Brody Cruz
Brody Cruz

not the economic value of a production, though. the same applies to VAs in anime. that's why they make more money than almost anyone else on staff.

Samuel King
Samuel King

I mean yeah, exactly. Their role is being a presentable face at the box office, rather than being method acting guru's or whatever for a cannes nominee, and even those guys are str8 up secondary.

Logan Reyes
Logan Reyes

seriously, I think these Eva hate threads are just stealth marketing to get more people into the show. there is an Eva hate thread every other day. how on earth is there this much rage against Eva love, when i only ever see threads bitching about it?

Elijah Sullivan
Elijah Sullivan

Well to be fair most of those threads are Anons who love NGE getting baited.

Juan Myers
Juan Myers

music
The sailor moon ost is iconic, what are you going on about?

Alexander Wilson
Alexander Wilson

The genre framework fits perfectly because fundamentally the themes of Madoka's story line up very closely with that of magical girls in general. It is a genre full of sincere characters and kind nativity. And the reason why you're seeing these actions seeming to "serve the plot" is because they are perfectly in sync with the plot. A plot that is forged out of a character's actions is a plot that is informed by characterization. A poor viewing of the story would find the plot contrived because certain events happen solely because a character was feeling a certain way and chose to act on those feelings. But if those feelings come from a consistent characterization it becomes a stronger and more meaningful event. The fact that Madoka's characters are either introspective or suggest their true feelings through hints in their actions makes it even better.

My deal with Eva's story is due to me watching it without having known about it's real reputation beforehand. Shinji has a consistent characterization for the first 2/3rds of the story that starts out with him emotionally fragile and gradually becoming more open. And 2/3rds of the way through the story, the characterization reverses course. I found it to be wasted buildup, wasted characterization that swings back and forth. Rei starts developing real emotion, and then she's dead and replaced with a clone. What happened to the characterization there? It's thrown in the trash bin. I don't consider this to be sincere as much as poorly handled, the change in tone comes so late into the story.

Ethan Scott
Ethan Scott

And 2/3rds of the way through the story, the characterization reverses course
Either this is really good bait or you're actually an idiot. Those last couple episodes had a bunch of problems, but characterization was definitely not one of them...

Owen Carter
Owen Carter

The characterization was pretty consistent. Eva is all about character regression and thrashing the 'coming of age' element of the show. It's the antithesis to Gurren Lagann and the rest of its ilk. Also thrashing the external part of the narrative (plot, world building) for character introspection (ep 25/26). That's what art film and literature all do. I haven't seen Madoka in 6 years but my initial impressions were that I never felt there were real characters because of the lack of breathing time and gimmicky directing that didn't take us into their headspace. They felt more like mouthpieces for the creator.

Ian Brown
Ian Brown

It's not bait. I'm not talking about characterization as in the amount of detail, which is the way we usually talk about it. I'm talking about characterization as in the consistency and follow-through of a character's entire story arc, that early actions build up a character and lead their story in a coherent direction, and that later characterization is informed by earlier characterization, building on it instead of contradicting or stepping back on it. Think about where Shinji's story starts to move ~ep18, and where his story was moving during the first ~15 episodes. That's the problem I have.

Daniel James
Daniel James

The thing is there haven't been any supporting detail that demonstrates your argument that Madoka's characters allegedly serve the plot. Using the amount of screentime is really just a shortcut that ignores the characterization they were having during that time. Madoka's wish for example is a conclusion that is created out of the way Madoka feels about all the plot events that have led her to the final episode, and it fits perfectly within the plot which already exists.

Zachary Wilson
Zachary Wilson

Okay the framework fits maho shojo and its themes, but what I'm trying to say is it doesn't fit as an authentic or serious higher work, or something that's worthy of exceeding its medium because its genre and presentation alienates it from a serious appeal - as being an ideal mimesis for the themes it deals with, wider than its genre context. I'm going off not so much authorial intent but the sentiment many viewers have made of its worth.
Like I said, formally Madoka is good, and you're right that the characters have a consistency. But the characters are weaker in that they're introspection and depth is more limited. Characters follow quicker and with essential points to allow the logical progression to the next plot point. A lot of the time floundered with stylism but overall the elements were compactly proper. Saying that they go where the plot needs maybe wasn't the best word-choice, but the limitedness and efficiency the show has can give the impression. The exceptionalism of the characterization is overblown, and seems to be as a result of the grand presentation those moments are given.
It wasn't my intent to get into an argument over characters in the first place because it wasn't the main point. I'm not saying Madoka characters were bad here, and I think this argument with EVA took too much focus.

Gavin Foster
Gavin Foster

stealth marketing
on a western forum associated with pirating
centered around a two-decade old series
be better off holding on to their money than hiring someone to do that every day for twenty years

there are also asuka threads up almost every day those are fairly eva-positive

Charles Ortiz
Charles Ortiz

The whole goddamn point is that they're unlikable people, you retard

Ethan Walker
Ethan Walker

do you think asuka would like NGE?

Attached: 567456745676456m.jpg (64 KB, 1000x750)

Ethan Ramirez
Ethan Ramirez

Madoka
SoL moe
What?

Attached: homu.png (152 KB, 500x352)

Ayden Jackson
Ayden Jackson

He’s talking about the k-on shitposting

Matthew Reyes
Matthew Reyes

Not the user you're talking to but:

it doesn't fit as an authentic or serious higher work, or something that's worthy of exceeding its medium because its genre and presentation alienates it from a serious appeal

This happens to all anime in general, which is sad,

Camden Davis
Camden Davis

asuka would be a reifag

Attached: 1522129381696.jpg (36 KB, 352x352)

Jonathan Bailey
Jonathan Bailey

Higher work needing to have a wide appeal doesn't really sit right with me. If they were willing to look past their preconceptions on anime of mahou shoujo, I think anyone would be able to enjoy Madoka, except contrarian baiting Sup Forums shitposters

Parker Morales
Parker Morales

Attached: 1468724073110.jpg (59 KB, 625x626)

Levi Hughes
Levi Hughes

Well, I guess that's alright then since the only reason I was arguing was that I thought you were implying that Madoka's characters were mediocre, which in my opinion they are not and are actually very well done.

Tyler Kelly
Tyler Kelly

Flip Flappers/Magical Girl Raising Project
Schwarzesmarken
Madoka/Eva are just pleb filters

Ethan Perry
Ethan Perry

the no funding meme
the second part of your statement is correct, anno is a hack who has these wild ideas and then has no fucking idea how to tie them together

Cooper Torres
Cooper Torres

EoE did just fine

Connor James
Connor James

EoE is an absolute clusterfuck that went meta for no discernible reason other than anno wanting to be cool and avant-garde

Jonathan Allen
Jonathan Allen

You're a hack who has no idea how to put a post together.

Dominic Taylor
Dominic Taylor

clusterfuck
went meta for no discernible reason
It had a very direct message for those 10 mins of the movie you call avant-garde, the rest of the film has pretty traditional narrative.

Jack Stewart
Jack Stewart

Guys, why are you taking this obvious bait seriously? There was a similar thread with Madoka and K-On, not too long ago.

Justin Thomas
Justin Thomas

People just like talking about Eva.

Nolan Diaz
Nolan Diaz

No one talks about Madoka anymore, even here it's barely even mentioned anymore, it wasn't anything special. The only reason it was popular is because it subverted the initial expectations with edginess. Shaft used to be big at the time due to Monogatari being huge at the time so a lot of people watched this show and were caught suprised which caused it to become a meme.

Meanwhile, whether you like it or not, Eva is a milestone of a series, it's full of original ideas, evocative imagery, it's excellently directed and is still talked about every single day.

Attached: 1521536123349.jpg (36 KB, 604x453)

Jackson Murphy
Jackson Murphy

edginess
meme
I can't take your opinion seriously with those buzzwords.

Matthew Allen
Matthew Allen

Measuring the quality of a series by how much it gets talked about on Sup Forums.
wew lad
This desuh

Elijah Price
Elijah Price

90% of the reason its posted about is waifu wars or "what the fuck did I just watch"

Nicholas Cooper
Nicholas Cooper

literally 2deep4u

Jace Nelson
Jace Nelson

Measuring the quality of a series by how much it gets talked about on Sup Forums.
Yes, I never understood that. By that logic, Franxx is the best anime of Winter 2018 since it gets the most discussions here.

Gabriel Smith
Gabriel Smith

Cute, stylized to being nearly super-deformed characters being brutalized is not edgy
implying pic related wasn't a huge meme

I'm not measuring it's quality, I'm measuring the impact it has/had. I believe it wasn't anything special but that's beside the point.

Attached: 1123.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720)

Evan Sullivan
Evan Sullivan

Nah, Madoka is a great anime.

Nicholas Green
Nicholas Green

Man, just reading that made this mfw

Attached: Did-you-just-say-i-love-umaruchan.png (198 KB, 510x513)

Jordan Harris
Jordan Harris

implying pic related wasn't a huge meme

Attached: I'm-so-fucked-up.jpg (161 KB, 1595x879)

Joseph Powell
Joseph Powell

Based retard.
There's a difference between a current season meme show being shitposted to death and a series being talked about years after it aired.

Josiah Williams
Josiah Williams

Eva threads don't get shitposted to death all the time
You really seem to think Sup Forums threads are an inherently good thing to have and you are wrong. About everything.

Cameron King
Cameron King

humanity has reached the end of its evolutionary potential
the chambers of guf were empty

I believe that sincere there are no more souls for people, that no more can be born. The youngest person we hear about is Tojis sister, no young children and no babies. No more children are able to be born, as there are no more souls left. They were trying to avoid humanity going extinct.

Gavin Fisher
Gavin Fisher

People spamming "Asuka best girl" "no Rei is best" "I want Misato as my mommy" every thread isn't a coherent discussion devoid of shitposting. Eva threads aren't any different.

Nathan Nelson
Nathan Nelson

I'm not saying whether it's a good or a bad thing, I'm saying Franxx is a Valvrave/ Kill la Kill etc tier show. Those were spammed to hell and back all over the board while airing but were forgotten the moment they were over.

Aiden Davis
Aiden Davis

Oh, i see what you mean. If 4.0 ever comes out, I can't imagine what the shitposting will be like.

Alexander Torres
Alexander Torres

Man, I can only compare that to the Code Geass R3 announcement but for an even longer period. kinda looking forward to it, that was fun

Ryan Edwards
Ryan Edwards

This, Eva is a special kind of meme. First you had people who were really into it because there wasn't much else available, then you had all these people who were told it's totally amazing and a must-watch, who kept it relevant through waifus and "my brain is full of fuck" factor. Now it's a classic and anyone who tries to contest this is treated like a pariah, even though only a very small part of community genuinely considers it a great series and actually fully understands what it was supposed to be about.
It's one of those monkey scenarios where people cling to a tradition for the sake of it. People who don't like Eva or even consider it to be a bad show keep to themselves and carry on if they're smart or get shunned if they decide to be vocal about it for some stupid reason.

Isaac Carter
Isaac Carter

Before giving him a (You), see

Dylan Myers
Dylan Myers

Reminds me of volume 12 discussion of Yahari Ore no Seishun, the light novel series, and certain posters were posting fake spoilers of the lead girl of the series. To say the least, it angered alot and made the threads a complete mess, the mods probably didn't know what to do in that situation.

I imagine there will be fake spoilers or people spoiling an ending which would upset alot, for Rebuild 4.0. Its going to be a wild ride.

Tyler Sanders
Tyler Sanders

dismissing anyone you disagree with as contrarian
doing exactly what was stated
thinking this is an argument

Kayden Baker
Kayden Baker

Yeah, even worse because 4.0 will be out for a while before western audiences can access it. I'm thinking of stopping Sup Forums for a while after it's out and try to watch a subbed camrip ASAP, but that's probably naively optimistic.

Alexander Sanders
Alexander Sanders

Its praised so much because it had a bad end

Wyatt Nguyen
Wyatt Nguyen

Bad end
Self insert MC gets to repopulate the earth with Asuka
Pick one

Attached: baka.jpg (39 KB, 480x360)

Asher King
Asher King

Shinji and Asuka wouldn't be the only one returning.

Michael Anderson
Michael Anderson

Fair. We don't know how many are coming back though, maybe they'd at least repopulate Japan, like in that one non-h manga.

Attached: sounnecessary.jpg (70 KB, 500x350)

Alexander Lopez
Alexander Lopez

That wouldn't be good for the gene pool.

Bentley Bell
Bentley Bell

Eh, strong aryan german and pure japanese genes can probably provide enough genetic diversity until they send a boat to the mainland, maybe.

Lucas Bailey
Lucas Bailey

Almost ate the bait

Mason Myers
Mason Myers

How can they repopulate if no new souls can be formed?

Attached: 3f2.jpg (161 KB, 341x354)

Carter James
Carter James

If Asuka's genes are strong enough (they are), they'll all be redheads.

James Ross
James Ross

I didnt mean that as a ginger joke. I mean the series literally says that

Zachary Harris
Zachary Harris

I really really like Gaypalace.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FyW-_aBDUTY

Joshua Rogers
Joshua Rogers

Attached: quid.jpg (19 KB, 640x360)

Ryder Evans
Ryder Evans

Didn't they say that anyone with the adequate willpower will be able to reborn?

Xavier Scott
Xavier Scott

To reform from the existing pool of souls, not create new ones.

Hunter Russell
Hunter Russell

It's well regarded by actual japanese animators, directors and critics though.

Daniel Williams
Daniel Williams

The heavier psychological themes in Key the Metal Idol kicked in after Eva aired. Remember that it's an OVA so the episodes started in 1994 but ended in 1997.

It's true that OVAs before were more dark, brutal, mature and at times surreal but not really psychological.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit