When will people understand the true value of this man as a writer?

When will people understand the true value of this man as a writer?

Everyone is always "waaah Mr. Hiatus" and "waaah learn to keep a schedule you lazy asshole!"

The man has already explained this to you fucks: He does not work when he's not feeling inspired. period. he REFUSES to turn in writing that he isn't passionate about, just to meet a deadline. This is what ruined Bleach and turned the last few arcs into a total shitshow.

Togashi, between himself and his wife(the author of sailor moon, if you didn't know) has more than enough money to retire whenever he feels like it. he doesn't NEED to work. Jump knows this, which is why they can't say shit when he goes "yea, I'm just not feeling it right now, wait a while". they need togashi(HunterXhunter remains one of their top sellers to this day), togashi does not need them.

And if you faggots call yourselves fans of his work, then I don't see why in the fuck you'd WANT him to turn in uninspired crap that he doesn't live up to the standards he set for himself.

You're not losing anything waiting a few months between bursts of chapter. most of you aren't even paying anything for it. why the fuck would you want 20 shit chapter right now, instead of just waiting and getting 5-10 really good chapters later?

Shit work will always be shit. bad writing will always be bad. once it exists, it's out there forever. personally, I'd rather have the catalouge of my favorite series to be filled with the best work it's writer can do, rather than a bunch of half assed filler crap he just had to put out because hurr hurr deadlines.

You fags are just jealous that he's so successful at his job, that he can now operate the way he wants, and allow his integrity and passion as a creator to shine through, he doesn't need to follow other people's rules.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

>When will people understand the true value of this man's writer's block?
FTFY

He just does shounen shit you nutter. It's not like he's Yukinobu Hoshino

Attached: 1510612766271.jpg (424x260, 87K)

He suffers from a common Shounen ailment, which, by default, makes him a poor writer. In that he doesn't think beyond what he has and writes for the next chapter and adds too many sprinkles until the whole story is drowned in it, which, in turn translates to a Shounen falling: pacing issues. They keep stretching and stretching until a point that people just want it over and done with. Nothing needs to be lightning speed, but there are very sparse cases of Shounen mangaka actually keeping a constant pace. This was one of the reasons as to why Naruto was so great for people until the Time Skip. Every Arc had just about the same weight and impact on the titular character ... until he came back from training with Jiraiya, where it all went downhill (Off a cliff).

I think the only few manga who actually correlate character impact and arc length properly consistently were: Full Metal Alchemist, Rurouni Kenshin, MxO ... feel free to name a few more. Togashi just suffers from the same symptom that many other mangaka do: they're writing to keep the contract/series alive rather than wanting to tell a story, explore themes and move on.

I've read shit from just about every genre, and I'd put HxH up against a fucking lot of it.

His worldbuilding, characters, etc are world class. he can do action, he can do horror, he can even do fucking romance. Togashi could write in any genre he wants.

I agree, but I'm still gonna complain because I want to see hxh end before I die

Attached: MR-180-5396-6[1].jpg (728x1071, 147K)

>he can do action, he can do horror, he can even do fucking romance. Togashi could write in any genre he wants.
And can do none of those things particularly well

It seems convenient that hes inspired enough to write exactly 1 volume at a time, he probly has a deal with jump to publish 10 chapters at a time so they can at least sell a new volume before he goes back to playing dragon quest.

>Being an uninspired hack is better than being a lazy hack

You might have a point if HxH was some kind of transcendental artistic masterwork of writing but it's not, it's just a relatively decent shounen series with a rabid fanbase of complete retards.

You definitely haven't read enough if you think HxH is all that impressive. It's really quite stock standard when it comes right down to it and to put it bluntly his characters are honestly quite mediocre in their writing. They're very cliche and lacking in depth. The story telling is too expositional, the world building lacks nuance and the overall plot is nothing special.

it's likely more that Jump waits till they have that much to start publishing them again, so they never get cut off mid-volume.

> Togashi, between himself and his wife(the author of sailor moon, if you didn't know) has more than enough money to retire whenever he feels like it. he doesn't NEED to work.

Then he should just end HxH, and give his slot in Jump to younger mangakas with more drive and ideas than him. HxH has been garbage since the Ant arc ended anyway.

>trying to reason with a HxH fanboy

It's not worth it user.

Jump has no problem finding new authors, they've already gained several just last year. and HxH remains one of the best selling series they have by a wide margin.

>be unable to plan ahead
>waaaah i have no inspiration
He's a hack.

>When will people understand the true value of this man as a writer?
When he starts writing in a valuable way again.

Sad that hxh is despised just because it is a shonen nekketsu

It's not like he posted it on a wrong board. Sup Forums is a board for shonenshit fans now

Can you name 2 mangas with great original characters and exceptional storytelling and amazing worldbuilding + plot?

Berserk and One Piece

Hiatus again?
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1487262362241.jpg (542x540, 18K)