RIP NINTENDO

Word just leaked Nintendo NX is basically Wii U 2.0 and will go on sale end of 2016 for $199 16g and $299 for 32g and comes with a game and extra controller

Will they just sell the company or just stop making consoles and become a 3rd party developer for PC?

With Iwata gone doesn't seem like they have much of a future left

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/06/18/nintendos-reggie-fils-aime-talks-amiibo-and-the-skylanders-deal
techland.time.com/2012/05/14/digitimes-apple-rumors/
arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/so-about-nx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>doesn't seem like they have much of a future left

The same can be said about you

That's not nice

Sonygger?

Nintendo for new pachinko machine company when?

You stupid cunt they already announced a March 2017 release date officially

fake leaks don't work when they contradict something we already know

Source? Because the NX comes out in March you fucking fruit.

If Nintendo starts getting into the film industry I really hope they make a Game and Watch movie

>Bold claims
>No source
Next.

>pulling a console release forward is the same thing as pushing a game release back

NX is a fucking HAND HELD.

It's going to be the WiiU hardware rebranded and retooled into one form factor as a handheld. This is how they get rid of all the stock of wiiu fabrication and push forward with the next handheld. This was always part of the plan.

It's literally going to be the 3DS's successor that plays WiiU games and ensures all future handheld games also get WiiU versions.

The next home console isn't happening just yet.

Retard

>Word just leaked
It's just your blown out asshole that's leaking, OP.

>WiiU hardware rebranded and retooled into one form factor as a handheld.
Why the fuck would anyone bother to put PowerPC in a handheld?

You're such a retard.

>Getting to play DKCTF on the go
I really wish this was true.

>no source
okay

i hope nintendo drops out of the console market and starts making exclusives for sony

New silicon process.

The actual wiiu consoles chipset is smaller than a pc gpu. 90% of the consoles physical size is due to the optical and hard disc drives.

They can shrink down the entire thing and jam it all into the WiiU gamepad if they wanted. They'll go a bit further than that though.

3DS and Wii U are both due to be replaced

NX is going to be two birds/one stone, a scalable architecture that can be fitted for both console and handheld iterations. The same games will be playable on both

Coming out with a device that has any association with the failed Wii U and floundering 3DS would be an absolute death sentence. Nintendo needs people to think this is absolutely NEW technology and not just a 1.5 incremental improvement to lines that have failed to capture public attention.

>I want brand new hardware that costs hundreds of dollars to play games I already own
You are the cancer.

Despite the fact that they constantly refer to the NX as a console, you still think it's a handheld.

>2017
>2 0 1 7
So there's basically fucking nothing for the Wii U this year.

>New silicon process
No, shit. I understand that's what you're intimating. I'm saying it's retarded to spend the money to keep shrinking PowerPC.

"They" haven't referred to NX as anything but a platform.

NX is literally the WiiU reboot. They're rebooting it's second half of it's life into a shared platform with the "New" handheld.

>Thinking the NX will be a physical thing

Heheh...You silly boys...

Yes nindont will sell the comapny and start manufacturing shoes and paperweights

oh wait they do those already my bad senpai

blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/06/18/nintendos-reggie-fils-aime-talks-amiibo-and-the-skylanders-deal

>We’ve also said publicly that we are already hard at work on our next home console and that’s another element we’ll be talking about much later.

>rumor
Yep, I'm gonna easily fall for this shit.
Refer to

uhh user... did you just get out of a coma or something?

You wouldn't download a console.

>16 and 32 gig
meanwhile we have 500 gig as well as 1 & 2 terabyte hard drives
it's like nintendo wants to fail

I wish I could go in a coma.

>With Iwata gone doesn't seem like they have much of a future left
Iwata is the reason they're like this.
Stop putting him on a pedestal.

It's funny I've been saying this since last E3, and no one listened to me. "Where are all the games?" I said. "Just wait until next E3, they're focusing on the games that are coming out soon just like they said they would," they said.

Only thing I was wrong about was the NX being 2017. It was so obviously in the cards for a holiday 2016 release, they must have really screwed the proverbial pooch to have to delay it into 2017 when they have fuck all for games this coming holiday.

2016 is probably the worst year Nintendo has to live through in the 30 odd years of their video game existence.

Nintendo games are compressed as fuckall anyways. Wasn't their latest Mario Tennis game less than 1GB?

Then how is just dance 2017 coming out for a handheld ya dingus?

>Nintendo drops out of consoles
>As one final fuck you, they only put out games on their own handhelds to continue cuckolding everyone else in that scene

It'd honestly be for the best, imagine how much better the 3DS would be if Nintendo just put all of Wii U's funding behind that instead.

>one hundred dollars more for 16 more gigabytes.
Good one, OP.

This. Iwata got lucky with the wii gimmick and whoever came up with the "wii would like to play" marketing.

The next home console is something different to NX and comes after.

They're saying it's "Not WiiU trust me!" because it actually is. It'll be WiiU's architecture shrunk down a process or two and stuck inside a dualscreen handheld.

This is literally just Nintendo realizing they have to make all the games for their platform now, so rather than spread themselves thin across handheld and console, they'll combine them.

The home console will be as powerful as the handheld. The games will be shared.

>No disc drive

Proof is in the pudding my friend. NX is a handheld that plays carts. WiiU will get NX games through the eshop as the hardware will be identical in architecture.

Iwata wouldn't have delayed the NX. 2016 Nintendo lineup is a fucking joke. A terrible fucking joke.

The same way Guitar Hero did? You just use the buttons. It's shit, but the branding alone will sell it to plebs.

BAsed Nintendo Is the lasT bastion of console vidya.

If nintendo dies, console vidya is dead. And win 10 will soon kill off PC gaming if there is no replacement for it soon.

>tfw you will see another video game crash
>tfw video games will die and it will all go mobile

Word just leaked you left a gay bar before it got shot up. Should of done the world a favor and stayed for the main event.

>Word just leaked
Me too.

It was 1gb because it had fuck all for content.

Don't be a console war faggot then. Your kind deserves to be raped.

>The next home console is something different to NX and comes after.
Please keep clinging to that.

You mean "imagine how much better the WiiU would be if Nintendo just put all of the 3DS's funding behind that instead."

The 3DS got everything good. Fire Emblem, the new Luigi's Mansion, the better version of Smash 4, every Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing.

No but iwata gambled on gimmicks and he seriously believed people were gonna stick around.
Miyamoto is also partially responsible, they need new people in ASAP because it just keeps going under, it's insane how disconnected was Iwata from market standards.

The only good, constant thing nintendo has been doing these past 10 years is their portables division with the godly DS library and the good/good enough 3ds library.

We're talking Just Dance. Not DDR.
No buttons whatsoever.
The guitar hero controller has buttons.
Just dance has never used buttons and never will.

So, did you miss the part will Ubisoft announced a console game for the NX?

>Iwata is the reason they're like this.
Stop putting him on a pedestal.
Seriously, I know he was one of those refusal to move forward game devs. They may as well re release the gamecube since that's all they've been doing. I know mine is going over 10 years old and I could really use a new one out of the box.

>unironically thinking Nintendo is going to keep supporting the Wii U when we're so obviously at EOL
The NX is likely a family of hardware that includes both a home console and handheld

PPC is a dead architecture, there's no way in hell whatever it is will be Wii U compatible

NX is replacing the 3DS. The NX will be the WiiU hardware shrunk down. However, it'll also be future geared to working with the next home console as it'll do the same streaming etc shit. Just bigger and better.

NX the handheld will become the controller for the NX home console. However, the NX handheld itself will be WiiU hardware architecture and those 2 will share games.

This is to replace 3DS and attempt to pump some life back into WiiU's library in one swoop.

Shh, let the drones cling to their delusions for another couple months

sticker star 2

You keep the repeating this and the more you repeat it, the less it makes.

last thing i heard the NX got pulled back to add VR.

the controller is completely different so i mean i know this is bait but you could at least try dog

HOLY SHIIIIIIII

You're contradicting yourself. If NX the handheld is compatible with NX the console games, then neither of them are Wii U architecture

Isn't Xenoblade X like 20-something gigs?

>last thing i heard the NX got pulled back to add VR.
>Digitimes rumor

techland.time.com/2012/05/14/digitimes-apple-rumors/

They are the king of bullshiters.

Soooo
Should I get a 3DS or should I wait?

I wish they did this too, but they never will because --even with the Wii U-- they are always making profits.

Is there a bigger, less blurry version of this? I seem to remember one

All it has to share is streaming tech. It'll carry forward to interact with whatever big console they release after the handheld. That console however will have it's own dedicated controller.

It'll be a PSVita/PS4 situation in the beginning.

That has nothing to do with compression. Nintendo games rarely feature videos which is what takes up most of the space in these cinematic games. Add in the fact that Mario games are bland as fuck with very little texture and geometric detail, and of course you have a game that doesn't take up much space

Does that say "Coming in 2016?" No, it says 2016 as in features will be shown in 2016.

Iwata's probably the reason they're so shit. Yamauchi was probably keeping everyone's retarded impulses in check, and Iwata was just like "Video games are about fun. Just fun. Let's make things that are fun to make, but not necessarily fun to play."

You still haven't explained how Just Dance will be played on a handheld.

It is more important that Nintendo's next handheld and console share the same library of games than it is for Nintendo's current console to share the same library of games with its next handheld.

It can't be both. The next generation of Nintendo consoles will not be PPC, this is already confirmed.

It all depends on the NX. Consider the idea that the NX is a successor to both the Wii U and the 3DS, a console-handheld hybrid. Now consider that it has backwards compatibility for both (backwards compatibility for the Wii and DS would also be pretty slick, but I wouldn't expect it). At that point, you could probably just get the NX. If it doesn't have backwards compatibility with 3DS games, get a New 3DS or New 3DS XL. They're pretty much done with revisions at this point.

>new console
>some form of tablet controller
>possibly VR support
>plus a game
>$199
horse shit

No new gimmick?

Fake and gay.

Quit wasting our time.

Not true at all. Most games are probably 6 gigs or more. I know Smash is around 10 or 11 and Xeno X is almost 20 something, iirc.

You know that it was leaked just today that "X Not Using x86 Architecture - Won't Blow Away Current Gen Consoles" by Emily Rogers, right?

arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/so-about-nx/

It's a WiiU rebrand handheld. It also has HDMI out and a dock and acts as a "console" and works with your wii motes and pro controllers.

>It's a WiiU rebrand handheld
i like this better already.

In a world where video games and movies are slowly becoming indistinguishable, one company stood for something. Something that the other companies forgot. While the competition shoveled cinematic experiences and forced, spybot os upgrades onto millions of naive sheeple, one company said "no". That company is Nintendo. They are the ones who saved video games once, and they'll do it again. They're the heroes we need, not the ones we deserve. But this time, it's personal. They will show but one game tomorrow, three hours of nonstop gameplay. No cutscenes. No zombies. No guns. No space. No nordic settings. Just a man with a sword. And this game will save us. It's time to believe again. Believe in the company that raised us. Believe in the ones that say "Fuck you!" to the corporate white piggu. Believe in Nintendo, and leave luck to heaven.

If NX is a handheld overclock shrunk version of the WiiU I'll eat my own shit. Pure bull.

>Emily Rogers
>"Rumors"

Please stop.

Backwards compatibility is a losing proposition for so many reasons

First of all, to do it properly you need to either stagnate your hardware development, as Nintendo has done for the last 3 generations, or include the last generation's hardware in the new hardware as Sony tried to do with the first generation of PS3s, which is expensive.

Next, there's no profitability in it. By the time the next generation of games becomes the current generation, last gen games are not being sold anymore, not at retail anyway. People either already own them or buy them used, and there's 0 money in that, at least, not for publishers. There's plenty of money in it for Gamestop but ask Nintendo how many fucks they give about that.

Finally, Wii U is a stigma. The last thing they want to do is attach the word "Wii U" to ANYTHING. They would want to distance themselves from it as much as they possibly could. This point doesn't apply to the 3DS but the 3DS has the added hurdle of the precarious 3-camera and dualscreen setup, which would have to be preserved to retain BC too.

All in all, BC is a losing proposition. The good games can be remastered and sold for a profit, and if you're the type of person to complain about having to buy the same game twice, well, you already must own the original so just play that. Remasters aren't made for idiots to rebuy them, they're made to target a new demographic of gamers who never played the original.

As an added bonus, Nintendo not making an x86 architecture would basically be a death sentence. I'm sure the only reason they got 3rd parties back on board is because the NX is x86 making it easy to port their existing PS4/X1/PC games to.

200 bucks? Thats nice.

I think I will have 200 left after I build my new super PC build to play the Also available on PC games. Not bad.

Much better than having to buy a ps4 neo for 600 bucks, ps vr for 400 and psn plus for 50.

>80% of this year's E3 reveals were leaked at some point
>except for Nintendo

I know someone's going to make the "sunken ship" post but I'm serious here

source:my ass

Pretty sure this cunt has been btfo so many times by now

there's nothing to leak

All I wanna know is where the fuck my god damn Bayonetta and Corrin amiibos are.

It's been fucking months and no announcement whatsoever.

Where the fuck are they Nintendo?

Whatever.

I'm telling you, it's what it is.

It's all the WiiU hardware shrunk down, with some modern adjustments and tinkering, housed inside a handheld with a dock station that lets the thing work simultaneously as a home console (WiiU) and handheld (primary use).

The NX handheld launch will also coincide with a massive WiiU update to it's OS.

It's WiiU being silently shoved under the bed and retooled as the next handheld, which will then later join up with the next iteration of itself with more power.

NX is literally just a codename, and one for a new method of organisation and development going forward at Nintendo.

WiiU was designed from the very beginning to use like 40watts load for a reason. They anticipated the shrink to handheld right from the start.

lol what is there to leak nintendo only has 1 game lined up for the next year that isnt mobile or shovelware

What if NX is something totally out of left field like a burger joint? Would you go to the Nintendo to get a burg?

Yes, yes. And again, you still are ignoring how Just Dance was just announced for the NX.

I hope from bottom of my heart that its not a handheld because I just got a 3DS and watching it get outgened so soon will be really painful for me
When will some proper news about NX leak? I can't take this anymore

>$199 16g and $299 for 32g
does it use vita memory cards?

Who /Space World 2016/ here?