Remember when Nintendo used to save the day during E3?

Remember when Nintendo used to save the day during E3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j0Lc2y7M5rE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

Their last good E3 was 2014 and before that 2011

If I want to watch muppets then I'd probably subscribe to hulu on my ps4.

pic not related

Not only was that bit cringeworthy, it was one of their weaker conferences where they clearly lacked games to show

>they used these puppets because Iwata didn't want to be remembered as a dying, emaciated old man

I want the stupid and hilarious small-scale E3 to come back. Everything is too big and professional now, nobody can manage to mess up.

Nintendo is now the meme console, which I fucking hate. I just want another gamecube and they won't give it to me because they think the casuals will come running back with the right gimmick

>he probably recorded those voices from a hospital bed

Sony is now in charge of gimmicks. Pic related

Not with those retarded muppets, no.

Doesn't change it was shit

It's even sadder considering they focused on Star Fox 0 a lot and game ended up being mediocre.

I don't like VR but at least it's not shoehorned into every game to the detriment of it. I don't understand the purpose of the wiiu tablet when they already had a great controller in the pro controller. It was a pure attempt to appeal to the normie candy crush market, and it failed on them horribly, so all I can do is hope they learned from their mistake

most of the games shown were

They didn't have a single good E3 during the entire lifespan of the Wii, and only the second year of the Wii U's was decent.

Nintendo 2015 E3 was one of the worst presentations ever.

Yes, even worse than Wii Music.

They need to get Suda back so he's not stuck making mediocre souls clones

2010 and 2011 were good.

The thing is, Sony has something other than gimmicks going for them. Back when Wii U was announced they showed the controller first, and when people asked about console itself Reggie went "it's a box that plays games".
Both Microsoft and Sony also tried going for the gimmick audience, and that went about as well as you'd expect. Hell, I don't think Kinect is being pushed at all anymore, so even they realized this shit wasn't working, so it's pretty disappointing that Nintendo is trying to capture the Wii thunder again with NX.

>Yfw Iwata-san used the puppets so we wouldn't have to see him being ravaged by sickness

That never happened

Nintendo tried to capture the Wii casual thunder with Wii U and failed miserably. Hopefully they have learned their lesson already.

E3 deserves no saving

I entirely blame GungHo for turning Lily Bergamo into Let It Die. They definitely wanted something that'd appeal to wider market, which isn't exactly Suda's strong point.

they couldn't even have a panel for 3DS games?
they've even had significantly less directs than last year too

The last time I heard something that funny I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur.

Every year but last and 2008

Was this ever proven as the reason they did it or some Mozart is alive bullshit?

>Nintendo tried to capture the Wii casual thunder with Wii U and failed miserably
How? The WiiU and Wii are nothing alike.

You retards spout so much garbage.

Are you retarded?
They tried another gimmick console to attract casuals. Go watch the E3 2011 Wii U reveal again.

>this killed Iwata

Are you smoking something son? The Wii and the Wii U both relied on gimmick controls, the Wii with motion controls, and the Wii U with the touch screen. Just because one succeeded and one failed doesn't mean their intentions were any different

youtube.com/watch?v=j0Lc2y7M5rE

How is a touch screen that they use on the DS anything like waggle?
You're retarded.

Sup Forums is filled with idiots.

no because that never happened

>how is a gimmick controller anything like a gimmick controller

Its about the audience they were after you dense fuck. It even retained the Wii brand. Watch the trailer, seriously. Do you see any worthwile use of the gamepad?

>2011
>2014
>2017
Please give us a good E3 next year

It's an unconventional method of control, unlike the d-pad/analog stick/triggers/buttons model which has worked for over a decade. It's innovation for the sake of innovation rather then sticking with what's tried and true, and proven to actually work and result in fun games to play.

Was Wii Sports like that on the Wii U? I never downloaded it.

Those lying faggots.
I'm still waiting for that drawing and coloring software on my gamepad

>OH WAIT, YOU GOTTA PURCHASE ART ACADEMY XD
So glad I can pirate Wii U games now.

Throughout the Wii U's lifespan I'd say only 2013 was decent because they actually had unannounced, exciting games to show for the most part.

By 2014 they had already been reduced to riding off Smash hype and cringeworthy skits to distract from the fact they had little to show. At the very least it had Splatoon which was a surprise new game they were willing to invest in and a genuine reason to be excited for the Wii U, 2015's presentation didn't even have that and this year's shaping up to be even worse for them.

To be fair though, I remember their 2013 presentation being really damn good.

2015 was a good attempt. The Treehouse Stream had worn out its welcome, but stuff like the Nintendo Championship was cool.

>every feature is a gimmick now
>waggle anything like touch screen
>they are aimed at the same audiences because they arent the same old designs
>Something that has been proven to work on the DS systems for over a decade is somehow unconventional

Fucking retarded I swear to god.

And there was plenty potential with the pad, but not even Nintendo utilized it.
They made classic type of games instead that barely used the touchscreen. But somehow thats aiming for the Wii audience.
Retarded.

That one Penny Arcade Dungeons and Dragons comic showed what couldve been done.

Nintendo's greatest moment was when they released the bitches to show the 3DS.

>2015 was a good attempt
Fuck no.

>Federation Force
>Amiibo Festival
>no Zelda
>Star Fox Zero no one gave a shit about

It was a fucking trainwreck.

Nah. It was Wii Sports in HD, with online. And required motion plus.

Considering he died a month later I don't think it's that outlandish to say that the puppets were there partly because I was was too sick to be at e3

>replying to a fucking furry

Huh? E3's and related events are most hilarious when you have Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo who have gotten too arrogant for their own good and start thinking that people will eat any shit they shovel out. Then during the casual age of Wii and Kinect you had people prancing around like idiots on stage.

Seems like the only thing good for a laugh is the rare technical difficulties and Ubisoft being retarded as usual.

>i was too sick
leave this place restless spirit of iwata

The Wii U had waggle too, as Star Fox Zero can attest to. And the gamepad is a shitty idea just because if it's an important element of the game, you have to divide your attention between 2 screens at once, and unlike the DS those screens aren't right beside each other. So it's either underused or the game is clunky and shitty to play because you have to constantly look down at a tablet. It was a bad idea from the start, but they bought into the Ipad koolaid and thought they could be the next Apple

>I

G-guys...

I don't disagree completely, but they were after the casual market from the start. If not, explain why the console is called Wii U. Even the meme man Reggie explained it on the show floor.

no?

At least the hype was real especially after how good 2014 was.

Hype + massive letdown is formula for disaster, and that was exactly what 2015 Nintendo was

Imo, only two games used the gamepad in a clever way: ZombiU and Deus Ex. ZombiU was an extremely flawed game outside of that, and Deus Ex was an old port, even if it was a fucking amazing port.

This year is even going to be worse, all they have to show is Zelda which isn't even out until March next year.

>2015

Thats what you get when you faggots wish for Metroid and AC with a monkey paw

>I

I-Iwata-san?

It really does seem like they're only going to show a Zelda dungeon or a snippet of shitty overwolrd like they did with HORSE COLLISION PHYSICS and that's it. I'm sure it will be enough to keep Sup Forums talking a couple days but I'm still sad.