Insomniac's Upcoming PS4 Spiderman

Some info from Geoff Keighley's stream earlier today

>It's "the most ambitious Marvel game ever made"
>It has the biggest team Insomniac has ever had working on a single game
>It's an open-world game
>It's been in active development for "quite some time"
>It's an original story; no connection to the upcoming film or any particular comic arc
>The game will focus on both Peter Parker and Spider-Man
>At this point, they're not ready to talk about a potential release window
>PS4 exclusive published by Sony Interactive Entertainment

youtube.com/watch?v=aDPWDkdNLEc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OH NO, DOCTOR CONNOR'S CLASS

All I need to know is if the swinging is like Spider-Man 2. That's generally my only question when it comes to any new Spider-Man game. If the answer is no, it's not worth my time.

PIZZA TIME

>THREADLY REMINDER
this game is being made by INSOMNIAC not SUCKERPUNCH. The people that made infamous are not making this game, the people making this made sunset overdrive.

I will accept Web of Shadows level web swinging at worst, but Spider-Man 2 level would be better.

Hard to say but looks like it

All versions of Spiderman are ABAP prove me wrong.
You can_

AYO SPYDA MAN JUS STOLE DAT GUYS PIZZA!

Sunset overdrive has legitimately one of the best designed open worlds of any game. Everything is so precisely and intricately placed to let you parkour from one side of the map to the other by chaining parkour abilities and never needing to touch the ground

Marvel probably approached them specifically after seeing how they handled traversal in Sunset Overdrive

I don't see why anyone would be upset by this. Infamous is just a third person shooter pretending to be a super hero game.

Will this game have dating sim elements to let you pick the best girl (Black Cat) for Peter?

>It's an original story; no connection to the upcoming film or any particular comic arc
This is the only point of yours that isn't entirely obvious, or marketing fluff.
I want this to be good, but I'll wait until I see the webswinging before I get interested.

Probably not the same, it's not the same developer, it's on a completely different engine 12 years later, and all the code for that technique is long lost and no one knew how to replicate it. That said, there's a good chance they've come up with something better than just the same old moonswinging because Insomniac are good at this sort of thing.

We'll obviously get alternate outfits, but will we get other playable characters?
>Scarlet Spider
>Kaine
>Miles Morales
>Venom
>Agent Venom
>Spider-Gwen
>Silk
>Spider-Man 2099

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Play as Spider-Gwen
>Go to the Brooklyn Bridge and jump off
>Get an achievement

Sony has published some games on PC already, them being the publisher doesn't confirm shit.

This desu. Seeing Sunset Overdrive makes me hopeful on what Insomniac will do do to the webswinging.

This one was of the most disapointing things of Sony's show next to a new Crash being teased then revealing it to be just fucking Skylanders and a HD port of the PS1 titles.

>Insomniac back at Sony
>Exclusive title
>Holy fucking shit get hype
>it was just fucking Spiderman

I am so fucking sick of capeshit. Fuck Insomniac. They used to be my favorite dev now they are trash tier.

>open world

Into the fucking trash it goes.

>"most ambitious"
>youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y
CONFIRMED CONFIRMED !!!!!!

It will be daylight arkham city

mods

The tweet from Insomniac saying that it's PS4 exclusive however does.

The very first swing in the trailer has the web going up toward a building, for what it's worth.

>publisher
Sony is not just the publisher though. They actually own the Spiderman IP.

What's your point?

>So sick of cape shit
>Rarely even get cape games that isn't Batman recently

It better

>>open world

>Into the fucking trash it goes.
IT'S A SPIDER-MAN GAME
Of course it's open world

Quick post best spider man games you played in order from best to worst.
>Spider man 2 (PS2)
>Ultimate Spider man (PS2)
>Spider man Web of Shadows
>Spider Man Shattered Dimensions
>Amazing Spider Man 1
>Spider Man 1 (PC)

Pick 6 characters, 1 to be the main bad guy and 5 sub-bosses.

I'm with you here. Combat can be the most amazing shit ever, and the open world can be the best open world to date, but if the swinging if that bullshit swinging from the sky shit, I'm out.

Your face when it's the same voice actor as

MOTHERFUCKING
L O T T E R Y

Yeah, it's really disapointing that Marvel isn't really doing any console games, just tablet stuff.
I want a fighting game on the level of Injustice, even without Capcom.

From the trailer, we can pretty much confirm we're getting Mr. Negative since we saw his Inner Demons.

Movie SM2
PS1 Spidey
Movie SM1

>Main villain
Venom
>Bosses
Doc Ock
Scorpion
Mysterio
Green Goblin
Chameleon

Fucking called it.

People called me mad when the Sucker Punch Spidey rumors started popping up and that they would never make it a PS4 exclusive.

But being the handsome genius I am I recalled the Sony/Marvel movie rights trade and figured there had to be more behind it than just Sony giving Marvel the rights for free.

Bada bing
Bada boom

>Best:
>Ultimate
>Spider-Man 2
>Mysterio's Menace (GBA)
>Web of Shadows

>Shit:
>everything else

Silvermane

Mysterio
Hammerhead
Doc Ock(Master Planner era)
Kraven
Mr Negative

So the Sinister Six?
Dr. Octopus, Electro, Sandman, the Vulture, the Rhino and Mysterio.

I love Spyro and crash too my man, but this spiderman game is the single diamond in the rough for me this e3. Moivies may be saturated with superheroes but not vidyeogames (except those batman games).

It just goes to show how stale videogames are. something that now bores me on the big screen is fucking riveting in a videogame simply because it isn't the same old rooty tooty point and shooty.

I also kind of hate when people hate on superheroes, like I know most are just being contrarian, but it just comes off as silly when every single game protagonuist is kind of a super hero. Sonic has super speed, Nathan Drake/Max Payne/ Duke Nukem are all the punisher, Samus, doom guy, master chief are all essentially Iron Men. When does a super powered heroic Protagonist become "Capeshit"?

What's this guy's deal exactly?

Give me playable Gwen and I will buy two copies and a PS4

Main baddie
Mysterio

Sub-baddies
Electro
Vulture
Rhino
Croc
Doc Octopus

Man I really need to buckle down and start reading Spiderman

Wrong, but nice try. Funded by Sony, punished by Sony, and Sony controls the Spider-Man rights. It's just as much a first party Playstation exclusive as Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and Bloodborne

Sm2
ASM 2
Web of Shadows
Shattered Dimensions
Edge Of Time

>Dock Ock(main bad guy)
>Green Goblin
>Rhino
>Mysterio
>Electro
>Shocker(tutorial boss)

>Venom(secret boss)

People figured a Sony-owned studio was just going to get up and start churning out multiplats? Cute.

What's the best Spider-Man game?

Either spiderman 2 or Ultimate Spiderman. I did like the spiderman game for the ps1 a lot as well, but I think the other two are just better.

Web of Shadows is still my favorite to this day.

Spider-Man 2, Amazing Spider-Man 2, and N64 Spider-Man

Mob Boss with a thing for the negative world.

FPBP

There are like 20 fucking Spiderman games and plenty of Batman games and god know how many other shitty spin offs of other gay ass super heroes and their cringy team names. Fucken hell, you people really want to be the next COD yearly release group don't you.

The first spiderman movie game was not open world and it's one of the only non shit cape shitter games.

>PS4 exclusive

>insomniac being at sony is bad???
>lots of good capeshit recently
>spider-man is an awesome superhero
>always been open world

Holy fuck this post triggers me like never fucking before.

Too bad Sunset Overdrive was fucking boring.

>Xboners and PCucks are this jealous

>mysterio's menace
Holy fuck user, you are my nigger. Best game ever. That fucking theme is stuck in my head. I remember it being pretty difficult, though.

This. Ill take the combat in this over any other Spider-Man

>ASM 2
Why? It sucked, especially those shitty stealth hideouts

There is lterally nothing wrong with Spiderman

>spiderman
I'm not american so fuck that dumb laborer shit

No you misread, Insomniac being back at Sony is good, it made me hyped, which made the reveal of it being just a fucking cape shit game even more disappointing.

And no Spiderman hasn't always been open world.

Spider-Man: Revenge of the Sinister Six on NES

Mr Li is a chinese philanthropist that can heal people
His alter ego, Mr Negative, can flip people's morality and turn them into evil minions
He's basically got a yinyang thing going,

>ps4 exclusive

they can't keep getting away with it!!!

I liked those
The only thing about it I disliked were those plot threads left to be resolved in ASM3 which never got made

Since Spider-Man 2, which is the best game, it has been. His entire thing is swinging around solving crimes in New York, it kinda fucking lends itself to an open world game. The only non-open world game that was good was mysterio's menace and the Spider-Man 1 video game, which was only alright.

Considering outside of Batman there hasn't been really any capeshit, Spider-Man being an awesome hero, and needing a good SM game after fucking ASM2, it only got my boner going.

IMPRESSIVE

Well we already know Mr. Negative is going to be in it so we can count him as a sub-boss.
The other sub-bosses that could work with that are

1. Anti-Venom
If Mr. Negative is in, I want Anti-Venom too.
2. The Rose
This might seem like a bizarre choice but hear me out here. If Negative is in, then a gangwar story is inevitable. I think the Rose would be best suited to be the leader of the opposing gang. We already had Kingpin in the ASM2 and Spider-Man 3 game so I want his son instead.
If not him, then Silvermane or Crime Master could easily fill his role.
3. Tombstone
He's never been in a Spider-Man game and also works with the streetcrime thing.
Hammerhead could also easily fill his position.
4. Beetle
I didn't know who I wanted for the fourth one so I guess Beetle would work. Either classic Beetle or Janice Lincoln Beetle. Hell I'd love to see the other Superior Foes make appearances too.

The main baddie can be The Green Goblin. I know it's an obvious choice but we haven't seen a good Green Goblin in a good game since the PS2 Spider-Man 1 game.

The fact this is the only thing you care about in an entire game is pathetic.

Go back to jerking off over a ps2 game

Aside from the horrible voice acting, dumb story, moonswinging, and overall low budget nature of the game I'd say the worst thing was the menace meter which was literally impossible to keep in the positive and so you constantly had to fight Fisk drones and do stupid copypasted side missions to keep it under control. Fuck that shit.

There hasn't been a decent spiderman game in 8 years. Kill yourself.

>This becomes ultra successful, becomes the new cashcow, and they start pumping out a new one every year as part of the new MGU.

The worst part?

I'm not sure I would mind.

>>Scarlet Spider
Yes.
>>Kaine
YES!
>>Miles Morales
Fuck off.
>>Venom
Yes.
>>Agent Venom
Okay.
>>Spider-Gwen
Okay.
>>Silk
Eat a cock.
>>Spider-Man 2099
YES!

Also Spider-Girl.

Make it Stormin' Norman era with him not succumbing to his Goblin nature till the last act

> Insomniac back at Sony

They never left, Ratchet and Clank Ps4 came out 2 months ago. Sunset Overdrive on Xbone was a bit of a "fuck you" to Sony because they wouldn't let Insomniac own thier IP's, but they never really stopped working with Sony.

I'm sure both Insomniac and Sony regret Sunset not being on Ps4, a AAA exclusive would have helped Sony immensely in a super dry year, and it probably would have sold much more since all thier fans are on PlayStation.

Please put Felicity Hardy in the game.

thx.

Once the plot started implying it was fruitless I just let my rep backslide and enjoyed the obstacle course it added to getting around

How does spiderman swing anyway? Wouldn't he just scrape into walls from the side?

Yeah, Sunset Overdrive flopped and MS was quick to turn on Insomniac over it which made Insomniac realize how good they have it with Sony essentially. I doubt Sunset Overdrive 2 will ever happen and most likely they won't make an Xbone game again.

momentum and stuff

Momentum, like how one would suddenly grab a dangling rope and get swung onto the other side.

>people still wondering if this will be a PS4 exclusive

It's published by Sony and Sony own the rights to Spiderman outside of the comics.

Spiderman 2 was shit though, I dropped that game a few hours in, nowhere near as good as Spiderman 1.

Being xbone exclusive killed SO

>PS4 exclusive

Dropped. Why buy a PS4? It has no exclusives.
They'll port it later anyway we know this

They don't seem to even care enough to want to bother porting it to the W10 store or anything either; they said it'll only ever get ported if they're doing it themselves, but every time rumours pop up that they'll be doing it, they debunk them and just say "Yeah sure, whatever".

On top of that, Insomniac, Sony, and Marvel have all confirmed it being PS4 exclusive.

I want pic related.
She basically moves around the city the same way Spider-Man does so it wouldn't be that difficult of a translation, but she can have a totally different playstyle with different gimmicky gadgets and stuff instead of just "Spider-Hero number 12 that's basically just spider-man but with one or two different combos."

Hell, it worked for Batman. Catwoman was arguably more enjoyable to play with than Batman.

>"You'll get your rent when you FIX THIS DOOR LIKE YOU FIXED THE 1920 FOOTBALL WORLD CUP YOU GREEDY MONEY GRABBING KIKE!"
Jesus chris Raimi

The fuck? Spider-Man 1 was a decent game. It has an okay gameplay style, but too much shit was indoors and it played like ass. The webswinging was fucking moon swinging with the same fucking animations too.

Playing as Green Goblin WAS dope, though.

PS4 has better deals on their store

This had 6 villains in it right? Just make this.