I got FFXV for Xbox One on Black Friday and I just beat it. Ask me anything

I got FFXV for Xbox One on Black Friday and I just beat it. Ask me anything.

Were you a series fan? How long have you been hyped? What did you think of the game? How much side content did you play? How long did it take to beat? Thank you for complying with my interogation

Was the ending shit?

>only 19 hours

>Were you a series fan?
Yes and a long time series fan.

>How long have you been hyped?
Since the first Versus XIII trailer came out. The hype was revived when it was revealed to be FFXV however many years ago and I've been excited for it since.

>What did you think of the game?
The main story was a really great time, especially toward the latter half. The first half is a great time in regards to gameplay and sidequests (which I've barely touched yet) but the story is very light during the time. After a certain turning point though, the game goes all-in on its story focus and it's a great time until the end of the game. excluding that fucking two-hour long Noctis-only door-unlocking corridor-section that went on way too fucking long.

>How much side content did you play?
I believe I only completed around 10 side quests and a maybe five hunts. There are a LOT that I haven't touched yet though and I'm really excited to go back and play them.

>How long did it take to beat?
My in-game time says exactly 19 and a half hours. My Xbox One profile says 21 hours.

Thanks for probing an actual discussion!

Do you regret the purchase? Do you feel its worth its asking price? Any replay value? Any easter eggs you found?

Awesome,just have to wait another you and a half until I can play,just a shame I had the last boss and ending ruined for me on v.....

I honestly liked the ending and I don't really understand some of the backlash regarding it. It tugged on my heart strings a bit with the music and seeing the integration of the main logo was really fucking cool. It also wrapped up the story nicely other than the ambiguity regarding whether or not the other three party members are dead along with Noct and Luna . The whole time skip section plot-wise was really enjoyable and I liked it quite a bit.

In about a month, what do you think the general public opinion about this game will be like on Sup Forums?

>Do you regret the purchase?
I don't at all! That said, I didn't purchase the limited editions of the game and just got the base version. I was going to get the Limited Edition steelbook one but I saw that my local B&M game store started selling the game on Thanksgiving and they only had the basic version so I decided to just pick it up there instead so I could play it early and cheaply.

>Do you feel its worth its asking price?
If you are willing to put time into sidequests, absolutely. If you're only interested in the main story, most people probably wouldn't be thrilled with the total playtime for $60. I personally wouldn't have minded since the main story is quality stuff in my opinion but fortunately I have a lot of game still waiting for me. Evidently there's a lot of side stuff that people haven't found yet, like secret locked doors that can't be opened yet. Really excited to find out what that's about.

>Any replay value?
I feel like that's answered above, but yes. There's at least 80 sidequests (not including hunts, which are their own beasts), an Sphere Grid-style upgrade system that will take a long time to complete, and a lot of weapons and items that you can't find on the main path. I haven't even gotten the flying Regalia yet and I haven't seen most of the map.

>Any easter eggs you found?
I don't think so unless you count meeting characters named Biggs and Wedge. There are some throwback musical cues like the theme from Final Fantasy I playing during the post-credits scene

Are the side quests all lackluster hunt/fetch quests?

Sup Forums will hate it like it always does whenever a game is doing well critically and with fans. Most everyone that's actually played it to completion (from what I've seen anyway) has really enjoyed it barring some complaints regarding camera and ending (which I've already said I disagree with). I would love to Sup Forums actually be happy for once when I highly anticipated game turns out to be good but that's probably never going to fucking happen.

Where the fuck is Cidney?

Her name is Cindy now for some reason. Also I don't remember where she is during this scene. Don't worry, she's not dead or anything. Or is she?

Pls respond, I hated the side quests in the demos and I hope they're not all there is in the main game

It doesn't actually matter if the game is good or not, Sup Forums will shit on it regardless because they're desperate for the next TORtanic to validate their relentless contrarianism. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, just look at NMS.

>Lot of insider leaks show the game is a mess
You didn't believe Sup Forums
>Lot of insider footage show the game is a mess
>Literal SE updates show the game is a mess
>The game is released and is mediocre as fuck
But yeah, nah, Sup Forums is definitely to blame here

I really don't know yet since I haven't played many of them. I'm sure there will be more than a few. That said, there are supposedly a ton of dungeons hidden around the overworld in the postgame that you don't ever visit during the story so I'm sure some side quests will be related to that at least.

I'll wait 'til I play it probably. You know, how you normally formulate an opinion on games.

Hey, it's your money. If you want to support poor games, carry on lad.

I played the demo and it was pretty meh

>Sup Forums is always right!
One day you'll grow up and learn to form your own opinions