"JRPG's are better than Western RPG's"

>"JRPG's are better than Western RPG's"

You're right.

Yes and?

Why do japshit games have such large and ugly UIs? Is it because they have itty bitty televisions?

what's the point of this thread?

what next, a thread about the sun being hot?

Thanks for stating the obvious.

You're goddamn right

Yeah, exactly, that's what we've been saying all these years.

Listen, it is useless to compare JRPGs with WRPGs for one simple reason, their foundation is entirely different. The West was born from Christian values that emphasize solidarity, forgiveness, among other values. Then, cultural Marxism appeared and destroyed most of our culture. Most people nowadays actually despise religion like the fedora tipping faggots they are while forgetting that most of this would not exist without Christianity. They even hold many Christian values while not knowing. And they also forget that abolishing Christianity would be like opening the gates for the Muslim flood.

You see that struggle very clearly in WRPGs. But it's not like you would understand, kid.

JRPGs?

Heh...

They are for silly fun.

For the silly people.

Because their squinty eyes have a hard time reading UI text.

post neps

Captain Obvious strikes again

Man, that game was so good.

JRPGs are declining, even Ys 8 isn't up to much.
Here's hoping Taro delivers on Automata.
It's not like WRPGs are in any better state, but still.

>empty open world
>useless collectibles
>asscreed or mmo combat
>dlc out the ass
>cover shooting elements
>QTEs
literally every modern western rpg, take the QTE away and it's every western rpg.

This type of shit is why XV is mediocre and XIII was horrible, because they wanted to pander to the west and saw that this is what people like here

Japs need constant stimulation in the form of obnoxiously large icons, epileptic episode triggering flashes of color and annoying sounds. Have you seen Japanese TV or any media at all? It's nauseating.

Weebs will tell you it's because they need to accommodate moon runes but that's just like 1/4 of the truth.

Because they mostly play RPGs on handhelds.

OG HDN1 was a legitimately bad game.
In particular:
>shares system was boring to manipulate
>dungeons sucked
And
>item use in battle was completely insane

Sounds like Americans to me.

>Is it because they have itty bitty televisions?
iirc a lot of them actually do, in fact a lot of japs still use PCs from 10 years ago, it's why a lot of their websites don't use modern formats

i agree

>trash is better than shit

Back the fuck off, we got a genius over here.

OP is satirical quoting Sup Forums and you autists think it's real.

Bahamut lagoon was an JRPG so this is true

nice try

Thanks for pointing that out, but I still agree with the statement regardless of its intention.

yes we get it the game is 6 years old and has been followed up by better games. thanks for beating a dead horse

it is real, that's up for me to decide, OP isn't even real

oh god you massive retard mongoloid asslicker

we know op tried to be sarcastic but 90% of Sup Forums likes jrpgs

What game is that? I played most Neptunia games and don't remember this.

Automata looks more like a Hack n' Slash than an RPG.

The original.

original HDN which played more like Trinity Universe, so it's considerably different

>haha I was only pretending to be retarded

The godawful PS3 original. People shit on the series but it has come a long way, especially V2's improvements.

Yeah no, no one can deny how cluttered every Japanese media is.

Look at this, I know it's a kids magazine but I've seen plenty of magazines in the west for kids and none of them looks like this fucking clusterfuck and this isn't even close to some if the shit I've seen.

The combat system doesn't decide what genre a fucking game belongs to.
Guess that makes Nier 1 a Hack n' Slash, because you hit stuff.

Im the only one who hate jrpg's?

Combat is kinda neither here nor there, Taro's writing and direction will make or break the game for me. Platinum combat replacing the dodgy combat of the earlier games is just the cherry on top.

And?

you're not normal user

Perfectly readable though.

Plenty of cucks share your perfectly ok opinion

no...do you really think so? no, it couldn't be.
there is no way anyone would ever use sarcasm to parrot an opinion they don't believe in.
Are you pulling my leg user?

JRPGs that try to be WRPGs are literally the best kind of games
see: dark souls

Looks good, really taking advantage of every inch of the page.

well have you played any?
or are you just hating because "muh weeboos"?

>JRPGs that try to be WRPGs are literally the worst kind of games
>see: FF XV
it can go both ways on all seriousness XV is alright thought

cRPGs > JRPGs > WRPGs

I hate most JRPGS, but that's by virtue of the genre being 99% shovelware with waifubait, pandering to lonely sad virgins or boring grinding out the ass.

The JRPGs that are made without the explicit intention of selling it to weebs and Japanese virgins can be good.

Weebs really have no idea of good design so your opinion is moot, you think that having your walls covered with posters and toys looks good.

It doesn't.

When I was in middle school our school library got these magazines new and I would take the cards out of them before anyone else could.

If there's one thing I hate more than being pandered to, is not being pandered to.

So how autistic and how much of a pedophile do you have to be to unironically play the Neptunia games?

Like seriously. Imagine the dissapointment in your fathers eyes if they found out you played a Neptunia game and enjoyed it. If I was the father in that situation I'd probably murder my son and then kill myself.

Best opinion yet

There's a difference?

>but that's by virtue of the genre being 99% shovelware with waifubait,

look at the psx and ps2 libraries, those have a strong number of more classical jrpgs.
it's not until the psp and ps3 that you see a surge in "shovelware"

pretty much anything from the 3rd-6th gen was good, but the 7th and 8th gen had some goodies too.

Since I'm a sophisticated hume I prefer being pandered to without being aware I'm being pandered to.

>advertisements should focus on being """stylish""" rather than informative

I love JRPGs and will play any and every single one, but hate nearly every other genre. It sucks.

of course

I like both but if I had to chose I'd pick WRPGs. JRPGs lost a lot of punch after the 90s.

cRPGs >>>>>> WRPGs >JRPGs

Even as someone who's played a fair number of JRPGs that's some dedication user.

I bet the majority of you haven't even played a real RPG.

>was a massive Talesfag until Zestiria
>couldn't bring myself to even touch that pile of shit
I used to be like you, I can't do it anymore

fuck yes i love chinese rpg

Most J"""RPG"""s are barely even RPGs in the first place

Better death than normie
My nigga
Yes i play a lot i dont say are bad or anything is just...for me are burring with stupid and clitche characters
Thats is the problem the 90% try to sell waifus not a game you make me think user

whats wrong with zestiria?

Your kind doesnt really enjoy games, you just want copy pasted mechanics (which are mostly half assed) with """"different"""" lolis (not really different only their clothes and hair changes). You have killed the Japanese gaming industry senpai.

And that's where most of the good JRPGS live, on older consoles, once the Japs figured out that there's a huge population of virgins that can only get off to drawings the quality of JRPGs went down the drain. Now there's a good JRPGS coming once a year maybe, and pray to God that they don't take one of your beloved series and fill it with waifu shit.

Informative and unorganized mess are not the same thing user, just admit you have terrible taste and no sense of aesthetics. The truth will set you free son.

I can't get myself to play any wrpg at all

Is VII a significant improvement over V? I purned out on V pretty quickly since it wasn't long since I'd finished 2. If it's not a huge improvement, I'm happy waiting for a new instalment.

>just admit you have terrible taste and no sense of aesthetics
You first.

I haven't killed shit you cancerous little shitbag the last fucking game I finished was Dead Space.
I haven't played a VN in a year.

>I hate fantasy but I love the boring aspects of fantasy since it's real enough to be immersive
I will never understand this mentality

western rpgs are soulless to me

Explains why his games are shit quite well really.

What's it like to be so bereft of imagination?

WRPGs are, in general, vastly superior to JRPGs.

Let's compare two popular games from both genres: Deus Ex and SMT Nocturne.

Nocturne requires you to grind eternally so you can fuse the right demons to even stand a chance at specific bosses. Deus Ex requires no grinding, allowing you to play the game at your own pace.

Deus Ex gives you freedom of choice in every regard, ranging from story choices to how you navigate the levels. Nocturne gives you the former, but not the latter since you have to follow a predetermined path.

Expanding on this, Deus Ex also has multiple solutions to every problem, meaning that no two playthroughs are the same. Nocturne may allow for more freedom than most JRPGs (i.e talking to demons), but it still has the potential to be as linear as it's contemporaries.

Let's look at obtaining the pass from the collector in the sewers just before the Matador fight for example. In order to obtain the pass you need so the guard at the gate will let you through, you need to get it from the collector. He'll give you it if you help him find a 1 Yen bill. Obtaining this bill requires you to break into the back room of a bar and steal it.

The problem with this is that this is the only method to get past the gate. I'm the fucking Demi-Fiend, so why can't I just beat the shit out of the gate guard or collector so I can get what I want? Why can't I buy the one yen bill from the bar owner for a reasonable price? Why can't I find a fake bill to give the collector?

Deus Ex, and most other WRPGs, would let you do these things because an RPG is about player expression. Nocturne's single approach however, is typical of most other JRPGs: linear, contrived bullshit.

This is exactly why JRPGs are so much better.

How can Dark souls come from same country that makes pandering moe shit like this game.

JRPGs are largely waifushit that panders to the lowest common denominator of virgin basementdwelling pedophile autists with copy paste lolis with boring and uninspired combat mechanics and a lack of any real roleplaying

WRPGs are largely uninspired tolkienshit with sjw pandering and is a genre spearheaded by absolute shit devs like Bioware and Bethesda

Of course many exceptions to the rule exist such as F:NV or Persona but by and large the RPG genre is dying.

>why are there nukes
>meanwhile being the creator of Fallout

Uh, Todd..

Why did they a character representing SEGA the mascot of a Playstation series?

Raidou has a Soejima neck underneath that collar.

I love the customization of character that's present in a lot of WRPGs, I wish I could see that in JRPGs.
I think my biggest problem with WRPGs is that they really try to be a Jack of all Trades, but end up mediocre and forgettable. The best RPGs focus hard one one aspect and get it right.

>JRPGs are largely waifushit that panders to the lowest common denominator of virgin basementdwelling pedophile autists

>Of course many exceptions to the rule exist such as PERSONA.

He's right you know. He's not arguing whether it's a good thing or not he's just saying it like it is.

Dark Souls strives to be a WRPG, and it pretty much is, which is why the series is so good.

>The very first problem

Really makes my gears turn

>im better than everyone

wow you really just told it

>I love the customization of character
Wrong. You just think you like it, but it's actually objectively bad.

At last I truly see

The West makes one good RPG every 3 years, so naturally JRPGs are better, even if they churn out a lot more shit.

Now that I think about it there's not a whole lot of WRPGs being released.

JRPGs aren't RPGs, though

You're part of the fucking problem if you don't think Persona is waifushit that panders to the lowest common denominator of virgins like yourself.

1/10