Square made it their mission to push Final Fantasy XV as their biggest masterpiece since Final Fantasy VII

>Square made it their mission to push Final Fantasy XV as their biggest masterpiece since Final Fantasy VII
>Tabata said he wants this game to make other games panic because of how great it will be
>Game is a solid 8/10. B+

This game failed. Square/Tabata was on a mission for this to be their biggest game since FF7 (they put all their eggs into this game by making a movie, an anime, a fucking car etc..) and it massively backfired. It's not even in the top 5 best Final Fantasy games. If Tabata and Square didn't over hype the shit out of it and claim this game was God's gift to gaming then the backlash wouldn't have been so bad. They set themselves up.

Now if the game had kept Nomura's vision completely intact, then Tabata would be getting so much praise right now. Nomura's vision was amazing but alas Tabata had to change everything when there was literally no reason to. If Nomura's original vision was bought to light, then the game would be getting the critical acclaim Square had wanted.

What. Could. Have. Been.

youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8

youtube.com/watch?v=WEKNUCjcrMY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=srGRdoKEr7k
youtube.com/watch?v=oiWfStKyGWs
picosong.com/UqdG/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>wasting his time trying to convince people that the game is bad

Damn. Sup Forums really is pathetic.

It is bad. OP is just telling the truth.

Give up, you lost.

Being a good loser is also a virtue.

But it is bad. Name one thing OP got wrong

The game is not bad if you prefer the company of men.

Actually you lost because this game isn't a masterpiece you XV fanboys were claiming it would be. Truth hurts don't it

The game is not bad, it's really good, not a master piece, but it's good. But for Square as a company it's a pyrrhic victory. The cost was too great to make this game succesful from a business perspective.

In the end, it was a failure.

In what world do you live in where a 86 metacritic represents a bad game? gtfo

I never once claimed it would be a masterpiece.

Actually, all I wanted was another FFXII, and by the looks of it, I got one.

you gtfo
in a world where a shit game like Infinite and MGSV gets a 93
XV is sad

>MGSV
>shit game

Yeah ok buddy.

it looks average at best. There will never be a final fantasy that can be considered a masterpiece. They just lost it completely more than 16 years back when their games were still fun.

>le MGSV isnt wasted potential
Face it, only the gameplay was amazing
everything else was trash to level design, music and story
a solid 6

>wasting his time trying to convince people that the game is not bad

damn, this user is really pathethic

Sup Forums shitting on a game pretty much guarantees it'll be good. I'll get this game now.

If it really is a B+ game I'll be shocked, considering how hideous it looks and all the QTE gameplay that's been shown lately

Probably hate's Japanese games for whatever reason

FF12 is 4 times as long as this game with more replayability and better writing/characters/story.

epic and here I am on this korean website

It's what Sup Forums does. They've been at it for months and they'll be at it for months still. I don't know what the big raging hard on people here have against it but it changes nothing. Just go enjoy it.

Nobody remembers that shit.

>MGSV
>shit game
>Face it, only the gameplay was amazing

I'm dying here.

FF 13 metacritic score is 83. That's means FF 15 is only slightly better than FF 13. That is nothing to be proud about . Especially when the game was billed as the savior of gaming in Japan

prove me wrong
DMC4 had amazing gameplay and that game was mediocre

I would like to point out that Final Fantasy XIII was a dumpster fire and mediocre is the best we could ask for. We all know square has been sitting on their hands for years just acquiring properties and releasing mobile trash. I'm so starved for square I'm just glad it even came out. It's bad enough I've been waiting 10 years for kingdom hearts 3

People think Sup Forums hates this game, heh. Japan actually hates the game.

It's not "bad" it's meh as fuck with nothing to do.

FF12 got 92 on metacritic. FFXV with cherry picked reviewers got 86.

Wait until the other sites and publications review it. It'll sit at 84

But MGSV was actually shit
Kojima rused us

>FFXV actually turns out to be a huge success
>They sell 10 million copies and then some
>FF because an action oriented combat series now
Calling it now. And it will be an improvement too.

Until when are we pretending to hate FFXV, lads? I can't support it anymore.

>tabata will be the one directing games from now on
Kill me

ofc. Japan hates sausage games.

Having played the game, I can say it's official:

Stella >>>>>>> Luna

What I don't understand is why Tabata said Luna was playable when it wasn't true. Did I miss some interview or something?

Also, I liked that little detail before the final fight against Ardyn about taking one of the photos you have taken during all the journey so by the time they are in the afterlife Noctis shows Luna a photo of Gladio's with a bufoon face or Cidney's cleaveage depending on the photo you select.

To make things even more hilariously awkward, that is.

8/10 is pretty disappointing for a FF game, and unfortunately reinforces my belief that we'll probably never see another truly great game in the franchise.

Having said that, 8/10 is hardly a failure. Don't know why we have to be drama queens about it.

>>Game is a solid 8/10. B+
8/10 isn't a B+, it's a B-.

>Square, Tabata and XV fanboys claim this game will be a masterpiece
>It's not
>Shitposters claim this game will be uttershit
>It's not

Can we all agree that NOBODY won this fight?

Rate the first half of the game and the second half separately, Sup Forums

Can someone explain me what is Final Fantasy, in detail?

7/10
4/10
Combat removes one point from the first half though

I think for most people here 8/10 is utter shit. How it seems anyways.

It's a B, dumbass. Neither - or +.

>ten years in development
>8gb day one patch for bug fixes
square enix really is the worst development company in video game history

This game not being a 10/10 will never change the fact that Final Fantasy is one of the most influential game series of all time and one of my personal favorite examples that I give every time somebody tries to claim video games aren't art.

You might have won this battle but the war has lasted longer than your own life, because who are you? probably some underage redditor lol, this series is probably older than your entire family.

You could go to gamefaqs and get your answer instead of shitting up Sup Forums with your TORtanic faggotry. now I've wasted enough time on you junior. time to report and hide this thread.

i would say its a very average game,not really bad but after 10 years,intense marketing and producers and develops calling it a masterpiece we had natural expectations and the game just did not live up to them not even close 2 it,the game had 2 be excellent not just average,if i want average games i would get shit like dragon ball fusions/xenoverse cuz at least i would be having fun with the characters and jokes i know,FFXV simply doesnt justify being bought

After 10 years in the making of the biggest and most ambitious largest budget FF games of all times, S.E. most anticipated release in history, we get a solid meh/10. The game is not bad. The game is not great. Just meh. Just like FF13, some people may love it, some may hate it, but the masses are unimpressed. Why is Sup Forums so lukewarm with this release?

Faggottesting

It's not bad, but he's right.

It failed as a successor to VII

When are they going to patch in hard mode?

Sounds kind of like FFXII all over again what with the change of direction in the middle of development.

final fantasy hasnt been influencial since 10

5 mainline and a trillion spin offs later the brand is basically ruined

Yeah but they do have good directors, it's sad that SE tends to shit on them.

FF15 will be a resounding wet fart that smells bad temporarily but eventually disappears.

The industry in general over there seems to be headed towards action/musou gameplay as they provide greater "Spectacles" for the viewer to enjoy while occasionally mashing X.

So shouldn't Sup Forums be blowing up about FFXV right now, with the reviews coming out

Fuck off siliconera.

Except FF12 still turned out to be the fourth best FF.

They really shouldve just moved Versus to the PS4 instead of remaking it.

Yeah graphically itd be a gen behind but whatever.

Clearly people do. One of the best Final Fantasys. Fans don't like it because there's no muh romantic subplot and "the game plays itself". It's a much more grounded game than most FFs. If fans had their way we'd be playing Final Fantasy VII-5 by now.

Someone tell me this is a joke..

Debatable, but some people really did like it. The same thing will probably happen to this game. Heck, some people even put FFXIII as one of their favorite FF games despite most people disliking it.

*best

In the new update it says you can now warp outside of battle
Has anyone tried this out and seen if it's true?

Ask for some paw.

Yeah it works, i hope they tested it properly otherwise you can probably easiyl get out of bounds

Nope. Thats really what happens. The second half of this game is a rushed joke.

it's the game that invented jrpg

What a fucking waste of my time.

But there's nothing wrong with a strong 8. That's far better than any recent FF outings, so compared to the most recent games, I'd say they accomplished their mission.

I liked XII, though. It's probably my favorite of the 3D FFs. My only real beef with it was the story ended too abruptly. It was like if FF9 ended when the queen died.

This is why I truly hate Tabata. He is nothing more than a lying piece of shit

>Don't worry Versus fans. I will keep Nomura's vision intact
>"lol jk changing up the game how I want it"

>I delayed the game 2 months so there will not be a huge day one patch
>"Haha just joking. Not only will you have a huge 7GB patch but you will have a second 8GB patch too!"

>Luna will be a guest party member
>"Nope lol"

>The game story is lengthy and will take 50 hours to complete
>"holy shit you fags keep believing me? that shit is actually 20 hours"

>You do not have to watch the Kingsglaive movie or the Brotherhood anime in order to understand the story or characters
>"oh my god you dumbfucks keep believing me! haha"

Fuck that asshole

Alright, that's it. I'm sick of these fucking "final fantasy fans" on here trying to tell the rest of us how to behave on a fucking VIDEO GAMES SUB. Not a day goes by I don't see one of these elitist fucks whining about "waaahhhhh, final fantasy used to be gooooood. waaaaahhh", and I'm sick of it. Shit sucks and you know it. Name one old final fantasy game that was worth anything. It was worthless crap and you know it.

>SUB

did FFXV-kun kill himself yet?

Wow people weren't lying after all..

fucking sweet
I know it's not really a big deal but it was the coolest idea for me and I'm glad they actually did it

final fantasy is dead

>they ruined the music in 1.02

for what purpose

I don't see what the big deal is. Nomura had his vision for the game, and when he stepped aside as director it became Tabata's game to make as he saw fit. He probably kept what parts he did of Nomura's design out of respect for the guy; he could have very easily just scrapped everything and started over from scratch to make whatever game he wanted right from day 1.

What'd they do?

Same here, at least now i won't have to bunnyhop everywhere, it drains a lot of MP though i can only warp 5-6 times for now

>he could have very easily just scrapped everything and started over from scratch to make whatever game he wanted right from day 1.
That's literally what he did

wow even v has a thread about ff15

didnt read the thread so far just wanted tos ay the game rocks

i like everything.

you dont even need to drive the car it is full auto if you want

even so the battle can be set to auto and the blocking can set to auto

thats awesome, less complicated shit and so

who else here is playing right now

youtube.com/watch?v=srGRdoKEr7k

youtube.com/watch?v=oiWfStKyGWs

He kept the characters and the same basic outline of a group of bros on a road trip. He likely kept those core aspects out of respect to Nomura. It wasn't his job to make Nomura's game, it was his job to make his game.

>Final Fantasy is one of the most influential game series of all time

Was/has been.

It no longer is, not by a long fucking stretch.

7 was a mistake and everything started REALLY going south after 9

So what do you actually have to do in the game?

>tfw just reached Chapter 9

Did they just give up?

Yeah, it would have been better if XV was another game and others characters, not a parody of versus XIII, Tabata and Square Enix are literally shitting on Nomura.

walking around

sideseeing in citys

some sidequest

and the story is really cool, i like th eguys even so they look like a boy band. Its like having friends.

Why would this sell 10 million copies? No Japanese game sells that much anymore unless it's a Nintendo published/developed title.

It went back up with XI, but then they failed to make a great game afterwards, or at least any that I could enjoy as much as the previous entries.

There's just something wrong with everything past chapter 7-8 is just wrong, i don't get why most reviewers didn't criticise it harder, especially fucking Tenebrea or characters dissapearing and showing up again as if nothing happened

picosong.com/UqdG/

You have to be over 18 to post here you sideseeing fuckboy

kek.. it ends in under 20 even