I'm shit scared of dinosaurs, especially when big ones like pic related chase after you

I'm shit scared of dinosaurs, especially when big ones like pic related chase after you.

Any good dinosaur games that will scare the shit out of me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j4s6k7U8wSs
youtube.com/watch?v=x-3NnhN7Fis
youtube.com/watch?v=16qggiXClvk
youtube.com/watch?v=BKUfEPYvMZc
youtube.com/watch?v=Sznusq3TQu0
youtube.com/watch?v=XZHeHpAPjGc
youtube.com/watch?v=GR1vDQ_tOic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ark

That game does look pretty scary, do you know if i can play single player all the youtube videos are multi?

Dino Crisis. It's Resident Evil with dinosaurs.

I remember playing Turok, the remake one. The fucking T-Rex boss, where like its raining and you gotta fight the fuck.

>Fuck that shit, run away
>you just hear roars and thudding foot steps
>they just keep getting louder
>turn around see that big cunts mouth
>nope.jpg, fucking traded that game in.

^ same thing happened with the T-rex part in the King Kong game.

Been meaning to play, series is dead now though right?

3rd person cameras don't seem that scary though, cause like it someone else getting attacked on screen

>muh immersion

The King Kong tie-in game

Alien Isolation is close enough.

>muh immersion
You'd probably like the King Kong vidya. It's top shelf for licensed games, and maybe you'll feel a little better when you get to play as Kong and slam jam all the dinos.

You aren't going to say the same when a bunch of Velociraptors chase you through corridors

Love it, played it on the PS2 (also have on PSP but controls are shit).

Dear game developers, I'd like Amensia: The Dark Descent + Dinosaurs.

Tell me that shit wouldn't be amazing?

Ok, added to the list. thanks user

Are they really fast runners? or have they been slowed down for gameplay reasons?

Also play Trespasser if you haven't yet. Closest thing to survival horror with dinosaurs you will get, but plays more like an action FPS. Hope you like old games.

youtube.com/watch?v=j4s6k7U8wSs

I didn't realize Jurassic park had another arcade game until a few months ago, pity arcades are dead around these parts.

>fast
>can open doors
>can knock your guns off your hands

Mikami did a great job

You weren't kidding about old :P

youtube.com/watch?v=x-3NnhN7Fis

Loving the arm animations already

I played it at D&B. It sucks ass compared to the Sega ones. Even Konami JP3 was better.

If you can't deal with it, watch the Research Indicates playthrough. Great gameplay and great commentary (actual commentary, not reaction pewdiepie shit).

planet explorers

to be fair those are alien dinosaurs

Play Operation Genesis, not because its scary, but because its factually the best dinosaur game ever made.

This already seems scary as fuck :P

>running away from dino
>shouting "come on, come on!" as the painfully slow RE door animations play.
>realise you fucked up and went the wrong way.

Ok this seems amazing, added to the list :)

Tornado's are stupid, but yeah great game. Needs a remake.

Also i swear you couldn't have both the tyranosuarus and spinosaurus in the same save because of tech tree stuff? Or something with dinosaur limits i can't remember.

You can have both, but it forces you to get two digsites that are rather "late-game"(very dangerous very expensive) in terms of the dinos it gives. And you can only unlock 5 digsites total per park/gamesave.

Also there were dinolimits but i think the limit is like 100 dinos per park or something like that.

>tfw there will NEVER be a Jurassic park game in the same style of isolation with the same attention to detail and atmosphere with small killable dinos and large ones you have to avoid hide and run from
Jdimsa

I think this game might have actually scared me from what i remember. there was like an Opts mode where you could drive the safari truck i think?

>getting scared by a park builder, user you really are a pussy.

Again, Trespasser. Too bad it sucked, and Universal is a penny pincher when it comes to licensing.

yes, there is single player

>last survivor on the island, all the normies forgot about you and left or something.
>you only have limited flairs, a crackly ass radio (add RNG to make it sometimes go off when dinos are near), a compass and half a Toblerone.
>stick all the nostalgic shit from the first movie in it.

this is never going to exist :(

Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Movie: The Video Game.

Urgh wheres the feathers?
Scaly dinosaurs breaks my immerson

but fluffy dinos ain't scary.

>"Alan"

Ok, added to the list. Gonna check now if in steam sale

thanks user, i'm now scared of birds

Well at least you're too big for a bird to impale you on spikes.

There are two spiritual sequels in the works already. Mesozoica and Prehistoric Kingdom.

They put them there to eat D: clever girl...

>Meso and PK

Both look pretty cool and i'd be happy to shill out early access bux for anything dino-park related.

But they do look like never-ever release vaporware, which saddens me.

I'm triggered by all these smileys in this thread.

They mostly update on their Discord, and not on their actual websites. The idiots.

What's wrong with smileys friendo? :D

This thread appeals to me greatly. Are all the Dino Crisis games good or just the first one? Planning on picking up a CRT soon for some old vidya.

Dino Crisis 1&2 are good. Pretend 3 doesn't exist.

I was just gonna emulate them like the scum I am.

Seconding King Kong.

You have very little ammo and have to outsmart the dinos.

Pretty good

Noted, thanks.

I would but I can't be fucked to deal with getting emulators right. Plus I already own all the hardware for classic stuff and my gf wants to get the TV anyway.

1 is more horror oriented. 2 is more arcade action and it's the most fun in my opinion. 3 would be a good game but the camera is terrible.

Dino Crisis 1 and 2 are great, even when 2 is a bit different (it was basically Resident Evil 4 before Resident Evil 4).
There is no third game.

Saurian looks promising

Please stop. This is a safe space and you can't use them here.

ty for info

Ah, so it follows the same formula as bioshock

dont be a grump familio

youtube.com/watch?v=16qggiXClvk

^ too scary
>run out of ammo super early
>"Hang on" FUCK YOU, OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!
>The T-Rex just keeps running after me

>tfw never
youtube.com/watch?v=BKUfEPYvMZc

I remember playing this on my Gamecube. This game is a masterpiece.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sznusq3TQu0

^ this also

theHunter: Primal

It's perfect for you, OP.
Pick it up in a sale if you can.
Dinos included are:

>Velociraptors, hunt in large packs; pretty small and weak but can gang up on you, hard to see in the bush too
>Utharaptor, bigger raptors that typically travel in a group of 4-6, can track you for a long, long distance but are easier to see
>Big Flying Fuckers I don't remember the name of, but you know the ones. Can swoop down and bite you or, if you're in the open, pick you up and carry you a distance before dropping you (usually to your death)
>Trex: Pic related. Comes in normal and xtra big, tough, scary forms.
>Triceratops; won't fuck with you unless you fuck with them

Dinos come in different colours, sizes and all sorts.

But the spook potential? I'll happily tell you:

>Atmosphere is god tier. Sound design and foliage make you feel like you are out of your depth
>You get hunted. You leave a scent and a trail for dinos to follow-moving faster leaves a more clear trail
>Dinos have distinct hunting calls; often you will hear them in the distance behind you, and know they're coming
>The Trex shakes the earth. When you hear it coming, a VERY distanct thud can be heard, like in Jurassic park
>tfw lying down in the thick grass, hearing the stomps and knowing a Rex is around
>tfw hiding in a tree trunk after chucking a rock away from you, hoping the pack of raptors passes by
>tfw trying to get to a treeline as the flying fuckers keep swooping down trying to grab you
>tfw you spot a velociraptor and realise there are likely 8 more around you
>tfw the sudden increase of pace of trex footsteps when you realise it spotted you

The goal of the game is to find better gear and hunt dinosaurs.
You start with fuck all. You can eventually gear up with camo suits, sniper rifles and all sorts of shit.

Thanks Konami?

>those tail physics
thats p okay

There is this obscure dinosaur game were you have to survive a Spinosarus.

youtube.com/watch?v=XZHeHpAPjGc

It's short but fun.

That does actually sound perfect, looking at youtube vids of it now.

">tfw the sudden increase of pace of trex footsteps when you realise it spotted you" maybe uninstall tier for me though :P

According the developer, it was Vivendi Universal that stopped payments so they couldn't finish it.

thirding king kong

Hard to find youtube videos without shit commentary, but it's a good game.

Far better with friends, obviously.

Thankfully it's not your usual survival shit. Gear spawns everywhere in boxes, you just need to go to any of the settlements and you'll get it.

More camo=you're harder to see, but they can always track footprints.

You can eat eggs for health but you'll smell and they'll track you easily.

The ultimate goal is to kill a Trex, which drops a scent gland which lets you spawn a "Queen Primal Trex" which is a bigger, tougher and scarier Trex.

General advice:

>Don't sprint if you hear raptors
>If hiding, go prone and only move very slowly left or right, not forward or backward
>The machete is very good against small raptors
>Aim for the heart/lungs. The game has an organ system, and headshots often won't do shit unless you're hyper accurate. A good few shots to the chest will drop any dino.
>If you hear thumps and don't have good gear, go prone until you no longer hear thumps.

That dinosaur ruined my childhood, how the fuck did trex lose?

Because it was smaller and had shittier arms.

becuz new dinosaur in third movie is king now, i will destroy franchise, rawr!

verizonsaurus rex lost though

Maybe the movie was made by a spinosaurus. In reality they were most likely semi-aquatic bitches, that could only hurt fish

King King is pretty much the game OP wants. A good second would be Dino Crisis.

King Kong is such an underrated masterpiece though.

>that food chain system where AI creatures would fight and eat each other

So based.

Telltale's Jurassic Park

>:D
>:)
>:P

>">[quote]"

Turok: Evolution for the Gamecube

i just like using emotes to seem more friendly D:

>jurassic park
>realism
HA

Stop, hes having fun and this is a good thread.

The Zoo cheat

>dinosaur game recommendation thread
>no one has yet recommended the Monster Hunter series

My cousin is deathly afraid of even the idea of dinosaurs. Got him to play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate blindly. He nearly shit his pants when a Great Jaggi showed up mid hunt.

maybe if the series wasn't on a garbage handheld device more people would play it.
also the power armors featured on the covers look fucking stupid.

The beginning is pretty cool but it devolves into dogshit before the halfway point.

Again, tried on PSP, i didn't play much of it though.

^ This, PC plz (screw emulators)

Island 359?

youtube.com/watch?v=GR1vDQ_tOic

^ ignore the autist commentary

Just doing a bit of googling for games

>theHunter

Whoa, I didn't know there was a sequel. I played the deer hunting one a few years ago. Thought it was really comfy. I see a lot of mixed reviews. If I wanna get comfy and spooked, you think it's worth it at the current sale price?

Not that user but also own the game

Its pretty okay game, very very immersive and atmospheric, but im pretty sure the last meaningful update was in like april.

If you want to boot it up once or twice for ~3 dollars go ahead but don't expect anything too crazy.

Also i believe its pretty server host reliant, and the game population isnt too high so you might be stuck with some 200+ ping server with rubberbanding dinos.

Play ARK, it has singleplayer and you can boost various resource rates and what not so it isn't a fucking drag
The ocean is Fun

Mainly because the Spinosaurus was more manoeuvrable than the Tyrannosaurus. The Rex was actually winning for a lot of that fight, honestly. It was really just the tail end that the Spinosaurus got the upper hand.

The King Kong video game.

I shit you not

But I did shit my pants as a kid.

>All those negative reviews

Yeah fuck off, shill.

you know i remember Peter Jackson's King Kong the video game was pretty good and pretty good at scaring you with giant bugs and dinosaurs for the parts where you played as the guy

This a thousand times

Best tycoon style game featuring dinos

>Finally tame a T-Rex in ARK
>Take him out to "herbivore island"
>Set aggressive mode
>Proceeds to murder everything and levels up like 5 times in an hour

I'm offline and that fucker is probably still eating everything.