GTX 1060

Is the GTX 1060 6GB a good card to buy right now? I don't wanna get it and 3 months later the new cards come out.

Also, the benchmarks for this is inconsistent. Logicalincrements say it gets 55-60 frames on Witcher 3 at 1080p. But TechDeals has benchmark videos of it running with an i5 6500 getting more than 100 frames on GTA 5.

Is setting Overwatch to low settings to get 144 fps and then using 144hz monitor a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-vs-Nvidia-GTX-980-Ti/3609vs3439
jet.com/product/Gigabyte-Gtx-1070-Gaming-8gb-Gddr5-Dvi-Hdmi-3xdp/232503ac98344f67910e2dfc46788d66
newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=Homepage_SS-_-P1_14-137-049-_-11282016&Index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=golVBZdLaE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-vs-Nvidia-GTX-980-Ti/3609vs3439

I was looking at the MSI one after initially considering a 480 but don't have the scratch at the moment

Sup Forums please help me
I have my gtx 1060 6gb by PNY using 25% cpu ON IDLE
Supposedly some forum post said it is a broken driver issue, can you please tell me which driver isn't broken?

I ordered a 1060 on release, and I have to say it's a great card. Every game I've thrown at it it'll run at max settings and 1080p60fps, Although if I were you I'd save up the extra 150 and get a 1070 because in the long run it'll be worth it. Back when i got a 1060 the 70s were still inflated as fuck in price.

1. Does GTA 5 maintain 60fps at 1080p?

2. If you set Overwatch to low settings, what fps do you get? (I may get a 144hz monitor for this)

It's the card to buy for 1080p 60fps if you have a ~$250+ budget.

It's normal that fps are not consistent throughout all games because different games tax the gpu differently. Witcher 3 at ultra with Hairworks on is particularly demanding. Lastly, whether it's a good idea to play Overwatch at 144fps is completely up to you. I personally don't see a difference between something like 90 and 144 fps.

I haven't played GTA5 but I would bet it's 1080p60, I've been playing Just Cause 3 on it recently and it runs perfectly and looks better. For overwatch I would say yeah probably, on ultra settings I get about 80 fps.

Since you guys seem like honest people.
Is it true that high-end PCs are a meme? That once you look at fancy graphics you'll just go back to playing games any toaster can run?

How many games require a 1070 anyway, aside from Crysis 3 or Witcher 3

I would also like to know.

if your not going to be gaming at resolutions higher then 1080

then the 1060 6gb is a perfect card

I think the highest of tiers are a meme. Spending 2k on a pc is retarded. I spent about $900 building this thing back in july and it's worth every penny to me. And currently I would say no game actually requires a 1070 but it's way better than the 60 based on what on saw on digital foundry's videos when it came out.

lol bro just wait for le gtx 10000000090 ti xDDD

There's a guy on Craigslist selling a MSI 980ti for $400. Lightly used.
Assuming it's legit and not a serial rapist, how good a deal is that? Isn't that comparable to a 1070?

I don't get your question.

If you enjoy games that are demanding on the hardware, then buy the requisite hardware. I enjoy playing Battlefield, ARMA and Total War games which do require higher-end hardware to be enjoyed comfortably. If your interest lies in singleplayer rpgs, most of them can be comfortably played on 1080p60fps with medium to occasionally high settings using a midspec build with an under 300 dollars card. If you're just going to be playing assfaggots or csgo, any facebook machine will do the job.

Can't you get some brands of 1070 for $379?

kind of .....
pretty graphics doesnt make you play something but makes what you like more enjoyable

I have to admit, that Rat mouse looks amazing.

>Is setting Overwatch to low settings to get 144 fps and then using 144hz monitor a good idea?

HASHAHAHAHA

>playing overwatch

>playing anything at not 144hz adn 144fps on highest ultra godly settingsd with 2x rx480

kill yourself and uninstall

>Is it true that high-end PCs are a meme? That once you look at fancy graphics you'll just go back to playing games any toaster can run?
Most people go back to shitposting and complaining about always online DRM and worse console ports and bad optimization.
After 18 months your freshly built rig, which hasn't seen one worthwhile new game becomes useless and nVidia asks for another tranche of money.
>How many games require a 1070 anyway, aside from Crysis 3
Crysis 3 was released in 2012 for 7th gen consoles. It doesn't require anything.

I already saw what Overwatch looks like at ultra and on low. Doesn't really make a difference. I am curious about how good it is to play with 144hz though

I dunno. Cheapest I've found were over 400.

jet.com/product/Gigabyte-Gtx-1070-Gaming-8gb-Gddr5-Dvi-Hdmi-3xdp/232503ac98344f67910e2dfc46788d66

not 379 but

I know nothing about this site.
Also isn't Gigabyte bad?

it's literally made by jews. . . . .

GTAV will run 60fps on 1440p on it easily. A 2GB 770 can do it and a 1060 is better than a 980 which is better than a 970 which is better than a 770.

I somewhat believe that. I'm hitting 60fps max settings in most of my games and I'm only running an A8 7600 with a newly installed gtx 750 to sc. I only spent $177 for both.

The site is legit. It's owned by Walmart. Can't speak for the card.

I have one paired with a i5 3540 and i have to turn some shit down to high settings to maintain 60fps @ 1080p at all times. But then again im on a pirated older version so ur milage may vary.

>bought an RX 480
Fuck your Jew cards, nigga

>HURR DURR DRIVERS
Anyone worth their shit knows that AMD drivers perform better in the long run, and Nvidia straight-up stops supporting some of its cards after a while so they can force you to buy their new shit.

>get new hit man and it's fun but runs like shit
>get all excited thinking about what gpu I'll upgrade to and if I want to wait or get it now
>realize I only play my pc once every few weeks and even then it's all stuff I can run at 60fps 1440p already.
>Don't upgrade
One of these days.
AAA games are always shit now so I've had the pleasure of not having to waste money on them or upgrade my card for a while now.

I'm still on a 2011 Fermi card and 7th gen ports runs just fine. As does Indie shit.
Is there anything else?

For 1080p all you need is 1060. Hell you could probably get by with a 470.

am I retarded or just have no idea where to look or both, but I can't find any averagely priced 1060 cards that isn't those extreme gamer/superclocked $350 ones

The ones that are priced like they should be are all sold out atm cause of holiday sales and I was too late

holiday seasons. Always happens in late november and december. You still should be able to find at least one decently priced card, though, jsut keep looking

It's really fucking smooth at 144 fps, it's not a meme.

newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=Homepage_SS-_-P1_14-137-049-_-11282016&Index=1

you guys shouldnt play overwatch

play literally any other shooter at 144hz

quake
unreal

even fucking tf2

fucking anything

ow is just such a bad game

i dont care how smooth it runs

i'd rather play stepmania

fucking anything but overwatch

i play everything at 144hz with my asus vg248q or w/e it is

It's late into Cyber Monday, so of course online retailers have sold their shit out. (nevermind Cyber Monday is sort of an outdated meme and these stores are all running these deal events for a week solid or some shit in their attempts to get those precious dollars)

i'd be more curious about the vram. nowadays it looks like they're wobbling between 3gigs and 6gigs of vram. Not sure if the ol' 1080p would need the bigger number--and nvidia are still using slow memory bus speeds so does 6 gigs of vram even get fully used?

i'm not upgrading myself right now since there's no game demanding me to, but i scratch my head over the ballooning amount of vram being slapped onto cards.

youtube.com/watch?v=golVBZdLaE8
MISTER CASH MACHINE

HEEE'S A JEW

(FUCK YOU)

That's funny op I bought the exact same card and it was totally worth the money. It runs dishonored 2 (my most demanding game) 60 on ultra which was the reason I got it. Do it op it's a great card.

Most pros actually play 144hz on low with 75% render scale anyway, cause ow adds very noticable lag making your aim worse with hitscan characters, regardless of the machine. And you can hit 144 on low with any old card really, ow isnt demanding at all.

Nobody plays those games, and Quake Champions isn't out until next year. Why do you give a fuck? It's fun, dude, chill out about what other people do in their spare time.

Also, girls don't play those, but I'm gonna meet up with a bitch this weekend I met on that game. Stay mad, manlet.

I'm going for the RX 480 instead. Is this a good decision? I read that at 1080p gaming with my processor that they're both going to do 60 FPS with the GTX 1060 being stronger but the 480 might give you the edge down the road if more games go DX12.

It has unrestricted CPU usage if you leave vsync off, which fucks you if you game at anything above 60 fps.

thanks but till my GI Bill shit kicks in all my money is for my car and bills

Also thinking about 480 since I have a freesync monitor, although they are the same price in uk, so 1060 is probably better in my case.

I don't know if it's wise to buy a device in the hopes that someday it'll perform better. As a customer, I feel like I can only act based on what I actually know.

I bought the 480, not because I think/hope it'll perform better, but because I found it for $50 less than the 1060. They're both fine choices for 1080p, though, and the difference between both is usually something around ~7fps.

is pny a good manufacturer

I run a triple monitor setup for games that allow it, like sims, so I get a beefier card simply so my fps stays high even when rendering on multiple monitors at once. otherwise, I'd stick to a mid-range card and be fine.

I have a 1070 and I get like 70 fps in ultra settings with the render scale set to auto (usually sets itself at around 120%) at 1440p. I'd prob get like 90-100 of render scale was set to 100%.

I think my old 960 did like 60 fps at 100% render rate on everything medium 1080p so you should def get 144 fps at low settings 100% render rate on a 1060.

Just wanted to share the shit about my 1070 because I'm shitting right now and I'm a silly phone poster lul. The biggest fps change is the render rate. You can 100% get 144 fps if you lower it to 75% but everything except the UI will look slightly burry maybe even like 720 p while in 1080p.

Yes and no.

You don't need EXTREME GRAPHICS and equipment for playing a game of Arma III.

If you're running large ass simulators and college level math programs that cause most computers to churn loudly, then it might not hurt to bump up your budget.

I'd totally buy that if I was a billionaire who had more money than he knew what to do with.

Besides going to random countries and building well n' shit.

I'm happy with my 8gb 480, runs everything in 1080p at max settings 60fps+, also I've been doing stuff like skyrim/gta v graphics mods which have taken up more than 6gb vram at times so the 8gb in the 480 is nice to have. And it doesn't make a difference now, but future games will increase vram usage

Why not just build a server at this point?