All I want to do is play PS2 games but my PS2 is busted. What options do I have?

All I want to do is play PS2 games but my PS2 is busted. What options do I have?
>buy ps2
>buy phat ps3
>buy ps4 and buy from the psn store
>use pcsx2

Other urls found in this thread:

psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List
psx-scene.com/forums/f153/unofficial-fhdb-1-93-noobie-package-obt-119562/
youtube.com/watch?v=lOd_1DYsIQg
gbatemp.net/threads/ps2-using-2tb-internal-hdd.444739/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that a Pokemon with a buttplug?

Why does he have a prolapsed anus?

you literally just listed all your options

Was in the same boat last year. Just copped a ps2 for 30 bucks off eBay. Really just depends on how much your willing to spend. I already had a slim ps3, so it was dumb of me to get another one. Have ps4, but prefer muh physical copies. If you don't already have a ps3, that fat one is a pretty good investment. If you JUST want to play some ps2 games, just cop the ps2 for cheap.

use pcsx2 its pretty great and most games have been made 100% playable.

pcsx2 plays better than the actual ps2 in most games it's sad

Ratchet and Jak ready yet?
Please, I would kill for them.

>What options do I have?
These ones:
>buy ps2
>buy phat ps3
>buy ps4 and buy from the psn store
>use pcsx2

i played ratchet and clank recently on it and it seemed to be fine.

>tfw you've pretty much played every PS2 game you wanna play

Is Makai Kingdom worth a few bucks if I like Disgaea a lot? How about Blood Will Tell?

Inb4 shitters telling me to play on their buggyfaggot emulators.

Not OP but what's the best CFW on PS3 to run the most ps2 games.

How busted is it? Is it just failing to read discs? You might be able to get it running with OPL through FMCB to play iso's over SMB. If your Ps2 is a phat with a network adapter then you can get a cheapo hard drive and play games on it that way. Its almost as good as using USBloader on a wii.

It's a tag. It's supposed to be a plushie or a stuffed doll or something.

Blood Will Tell was conceptually really neat, but pretty unpolished, at least from memory.

It generally scored 7s across the board at release, which I felt at the time was pretty deserved.

blood will tell is extremely enjoyable. except dororo levels but overall solid

Rebug is the best PS3 CFW, period.

Especially if you have a phat backwards compatible model. You can just put PS2 isos on the internal hard drive and they just werk.

But if you have a non-BC model, you have to convert your PS2 isos to PS2 classics, which probably has like a 75% compatibility rate.

Are the fats even worth buying or should I buy a slim?

Buy a fat PS2 and slap a hard drive to soft mod it.

One option you missed:
>buy regular ps3 and hack it
Lots of games don't work though.
psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Not him but I haveva fat. How bad would it look on a large tv? What sata drive should I use?

This list is fake.

>How bad would it look on a large tv
Not very good, but you can buy component cables to fix that.

>What sata drive should I use
I used a Maxtor 250 gb hard drive, but you can probably use a larger drive if you want.

Here's a text guide.
psx-scene.com/forums/f153/unofficial-fhdb-1-93-noobie-package-obt-119562/

Here's a video guide.
youtube.com/watch?v=lOd_1DYsIQg

Might wanna update some programs like OPL.

Wait can a hacked ps3 slim play all ps2 isos or what?

I originally bought a hackable phat cause I never had a PS2 and wanted to pirate all the good games for both PS2 and PS3. If all you care about is playing PS3 shit and you're fine with knowing not every PS2 classic conversion will work, get the slim. Also, slims don't break as often. My phat has YLOD'd twice, and I still haven't gotten it fixed the second time yet

No, the compatibility isn't perfect, but still passable. I'd say about 75% of PS2 isos converted to classics work. Whereas if you get a phat BC PS3, pretty much every iso works without converting it first

If I get a phat what would be the recommended actions to help prevent the chance of a yled? I heard changing out the psu makes it quieter.

Regularly clean the air vents so they don't get clogged with dust. Keep it in a well cooled, well ventilated area. Limit play sessions to a couple hours at a time

>load Grandia 2 in PCSX2 because I can't into DC emulation
>30 FPS
"was it always this choppy?"

>then load Grandia 2 on PS2 for shits and giggles
>it's in single digits FPS, or at least looks that way
I don't know how I finished this back in the day

Yeah, Grandia 2 on PS2 is known for being a horrible port.

Get the PC remaster

Would switching out the psu help?

gbatemp.net/threads/ps2-using-2tb-internal-hdd.444739/