youtube.com/watch?v=OoUiWYWzYI4
youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0
dailymotion.com/video/xc1bx8_sayonara-zetsubou-sensei-op-1-hq_shortfilms
wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/hagarenmovie/
youtube.com/watch?v=InF16sp7J0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

outsourcing

That joke isn't very funny.

I unironically think 2004 FMA is better than brotherhood. I know it followed the manga, but that shitty shonen "everything worked out!" ending was just gay. 2004 felt so much more genuine.

that equivalent exchange copout by not making their mistakes actually mistakes the Brothers and Sensei had to own up to kinda ruined brotherhood

also no ninjas, and the homunculi in brotherhood are garbage compared to the original anime's.

>happy endings are shit
You must be at least 18 to post here

Bought it for $15 on Black Friday and I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed so far.

Just finished Planet Battallia and it just doesn't feel as good to play as the originals.

The most infinitely infuriating thing however is the extent to which they COMPLETELY cocked up the control scheme, despite having it down pretty much perfect in Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal.

Bittersweet endings are superior

>Brotherhood Bradly
>Garbage
I think not.

>original is 60 fps
>remake is 30 fps

absolutely disgusting

>game gets a sequel ten years later

Eh, I don't really care that much about the framerate much.

What really bothers me is how amateurish all the "Ratchet talks to [Character]" scenes are compared to the original. They all seem to be done in the same shot/reverse shot style, with the characters barely moving, and a lot of stiff and occasionally outright bad animations.

The worst of it being whenever a character holds up an item, where its incredibly obvious that they didn't even pose them holding it up, they just put it hovering slightly in front of the character with the camera tilted up just enough so that you can't actually see it. I first noticed it during the Skidd McMarx scene where he gives you the hoverboard and its bothered the hell out of ever since.

Pic completely unrelated

If I like Fullmetal Alchemist, what other anime should I watch?

Stop reminding me this exists

>character dies a meaningful death in the first game
>developer goes "lol he's alive after all" and completely shits all over the character's death

JIBUN WOOOOOOOO
I haven't seen Sup Forums like that in a long time.

>Eh, I don't really care that much about the framerate much.

kys my man

Magi is pretty decent.

Which shota:

Pride or Wrath?

the happy ending was just lame in comparison to the original though

I mean the original with dante didnt make that much sense but I liked it more still

Baccano! (pic related) and Durarara! are a must if you like this kind of anime with great stories and fights. Baccano has a very original storytelling method where the events happen in a random chronological order, it is about alchemists too. Durarara is by the writer of Baccano, it is one of the most praised anime too, that guy is a genius, but that one is about gangs. These two anime have the gimmick of having multiple protagonists.

Try Magi then. Start with Labyrinth of Magic, then Kingdom of Magic. Adventures of SInbad is a netflix exclusive spin-off that you can watch any time after watching Labyrinth. It's something like game of thrones, a fantasy world where wars and politics take place, it also focuses on Aladdin, who is a magi. Magis are people that must guide the world to the right direction, they can also choose kings.

If you get burned out try watching some different, "out of the meta" anime like One Punch Man, Kaiji, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and so on. One Punch Man is exactly what the name suggests. Kaiji is about a guy that must gamble his life out of a mafia trap, but the gambles are very unusual and interesting, full of mind games where cheating is a must to win. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is about a depressive and suicidal teacher that constantly tries to kill himself, he teaches all sorts of shit to his students and it's very interesting. if you finish watching it read the manga, it has the greatest plot twist in all story making of the entire world I am genuinely serious

Pride. Shadow powers> just a kid with alchemy.

>Ending of Shamballa, zooming in to a childhood picture of them as kids
>youtube.com/watch?v=OoUiWYWzYI4
>cut to end credits
There's something final about that.

>underestimating kids with alchemy
Did Czeslaw ever do anything other than getting tortured and manipulating Russo? I can't remember now.

As someone who has seen all of the 2004 FMA anime, read the entire manga series, and seen all of Brotherhood.

I can tell you that Brotherhood is objectively better, but I do think the original did somethings better than Brotherhood did. The original felt a bit darker and had more emotion, especially during the heavy emotional scenes.

Wrath

More meaningful to the plot. Gives more character to teacher, serves as a great foil to Ed and Al, love his relationship with the other homunculi, especially Envy and Sloth. Broterhood Pride felt like it came out of nowhere and his powers, mixed with being a creepy little shota, just felt too shonen to me.

2004 story is shit.
You have shit taste.
You missed the entire point of the story.
You're a faggot.

>These two anime have the gimmick of having multiple protagonists.
That's debatable

Sure, in Durarara everyone gets to be a protag at some point, but in Baccano it's pretty clear that the protagonists are Isaac, Miria and Firo

Brotherhood has the better Wrath, the better Greed, the better antagonist, the infinitely better Hohenheim and doesn't go full retard to crash and burn into pre-Nazi Germany

threw himself into a fireplace in one of the books
don't really remember why
I think he was tied up and wanted to burn the ropes

what did it do better, it had a bigger budget for animation and that was about it imo

Brotherhood's villain is also better, his plan is something that actually is worth the time and effort put into it.

Not particularly, he most existed to be a punching bag for everyone.

Yeah for real the twist that alchemy causes suffering in our universe was sick, especially after the villain throws the equal-exchange rule in their face. And then you've got the ironic hell of the worlds best magician trapped in a world without any magic.

Shamballa blowing that twist further by having his brother have cool memory issues, implying Al might actually have just been a construct of Edward the entire series rather than Al's real soul is neat. Plus now Al gets his own spotlight with having a 'flexible' soul.

baccano! was glorified at the same level Cross Ange was

its not good by any means unless its some nostalgic pleasure

>Ed sacrifices Alchemy, the one thing he's had more faith in than anything, to get his brother back.
If that's not maturity than I don't know what is.

People who liked the original are closet cuckolds, as in people who like genuine "life sucks and then you die" forced drama.

The series had enough sadness and deaths in it, it didn't need more with that lame as fuck "you're like dead to each other" ending. The movie was just the icing on the shitcake.

The canon on the other hand makes a lot more sense

>His entire identity is based off alchemy
>Son of the man that IS alchemy personified
>Gives up and becomes a mere chump to get back his full humanity

Proper compelling writing against broody gay ass shit.

Because the way you write makes you seem mature.

Huh? I hate using MAL as an argument but Cross Ange is #1651 there while Baccano is #85, these two are at completely different levels of popularity

>Sequel gets everything enjoyable about the original completely wrong

>Reboot saves it from being completely hated

I wish Agemono drew more FMA Wrath

Not him but the story and worldbuilding is much less of a clusterfuck in Brotherhood I find

Brotherhood honestly had a better story but 2003 anime had a much more lasting impression. The theme of FMA works a lot better as a tragedy.

youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0

How could brotherhood have a good story if it goes against its themes?

You're absolutely wrong but nothing will change your shitty opinion so I won't bother

I really like the PS2 FMA games.

>tfw no translation for the third game

V I D E O G A M E S

too much angst
watching Al leave Ed was infuriating since they were brothers forever and dont work out the problems like a fucking human

I always liked that OST

I liked both

2004 was bittersweet And even happy with the ending of the movie

Brotherhood was happy

Both did a good job with equivalent exchange

I don't want to sound mature, I'm flaming the people posing as elitists for liking actually (in the sense of the word) forced drama shit. If you think you are mature for liking drama based off death, despair, negation, separation, anything that evokes cheap real life sadness basically, you might as well go suck dicks in real life too.

By the way, since VIDEOGAMES, Tabata sucks for that very reason, because his writing is based on this shit.

Any good anime about mind games?

Already watched:
- Code Geass
- Death Note
- One Outs
- Kaiji (all of them)
- Akagi
- Hyouka
- Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

There must be more

Bonus:
dailymotion.com/video/xc1bx8_sayonara-zetsubou-sensei-op-1-hq_shortfilms

I'll never get past how genius this opening was

>Theme was keep moving forward
>They all move forward
Checks out too me.

I would argue the other way around. Original FMA teaches you to be an idealist. That the world is tough and merciless but has a system, and as long as you abide by that system you will be rewarded by karma in this life or the next (it also teaches you the continuity of life so the scary notion of that doesn't escape the secular mind).

Brotherhood has this air of pointlessness and incongruity with people's selfish motivations. It's a wartime nation yet people don't have a problem with it? At least in the original it's made clear how much the military is hated, and the Ishvalans have good reason to be angry since the Homunculus were trying to use them as ingredients by making them fight.

The only time the manga really makes you think interpersonally is when Mustang is trying to kill Envy, and that part was ripped off Kenshin vs Aoshi from Rurouni Kenshin. Except not written as good because it wasn't the target of his wrath that convinced him he was doing his friend a disservice.

did you post FMA as an ironic difference to the norm?

Feminine benis or masculine vagina?

I never can get an answer

Why discuss videogames on the videogames board when you can discuss anime outside the anime board and on the videogames board of all the places.

>that opening
what the fuck is that anime about

Durarara has a lot of mindgames and it's fuckin great. It's not a super hardcore action packed fantasy adventure story, but there is a decent amount of action to keep things interesting. Show has plot twists like no other.

Except all people who like 2003 over the canon one always mention the ending exclusively, nothing of your argument, which I have personally nothing against by the way.

I watched Durarara too. Also Baccano. Need something else

In that situation Envy would be a cuntboy/dickgirl if only to make you uncomfortable.

>all this spoonfeeding
No wonder Sup Forums filled with newfags. You fags make them feel like home.

Is that a Sup Forums parody? Can't tell what else it could be.

Oh fuck off Sup Forums.

>It's a wartime nation yet people don't have a problem with it?
Wew. Was Brotherhood too long for you to watch? Or did you just watch some nobody's review?

>Baccano!

I really wanted to like this show, but I watched it in English and some of the characters were just too annoying. Every time that one guy said the word "smile", I almost gave up on the show. Is it less annoying in Japanese?

>he thought Lelouch died
Amazing. The series was littered with clues that he was fine.

>giving recommendations considered spoonfeeding.
How do you oldfags get around while being covered in so much crust?

So what anime are you watching Sup Forums?

>Death Note

If you only watched the anime then read the mango, it's like a whole new experience and most of all part 2 is actually good. Trust me on this one, and get the Viz scans.

You know the Fullmetal Alchemist PS2 games were surprisingly good.

English-dubbed anime is never viable, try Japanese

>being a newfag
There is a board for the likes of you.

This site is dead don't even bother, full of neo nu-weeb faggots who would have wound up on Gaia 10 years ago before Sup Forums became normalfag central

You're the fucking elitist. If you watched 2004 and thought that was "forced drama," then turned around and watched brotherhood and were a-okay with ninjas, ninja turtle tier monsters, and that completely 1 dimensional excuse for a final boss, you're just downright retarded. This is Sup Forums mentality. If you like shit that had GENUINE emotional impact instead if retarded shonen big battles, you're somehow an elitist. I love fun anime, but you cannot fucking tell me liking 2004 over brotherhood is not a valid fucking criticism.

>Implying the English dub for Baccano isn't fucking amazing.

Blue Submarine No. 6 OVA

>GENUINE emotional impact
How old were you the first time you watched FMA?

Finally getting around to watching The Voyages of Sinbad than starting the Magi manga. I've got Drifters on my list to watch next. Sadly I don't have as much time to be a weeb right now.

>Oldfags still have authority
I love this meme.

>remembered seeing them at a shop a long while back
>never picked them up

Kind of regret it, I keep hearing they're pretty fun.

an FMA beat em up with DMC-style action and alchemy customisation and shit would be amazing

>Except all people who like 2003 over the canon one always mention the ending exclusively,

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. The ending of 2003 was better than the DBZ ending of Brotherhood for sure. And I don't care about Ed's ancestry if it has no relevance to the story. It's just words on a computer screen or paper to me. Do they go in-depth about why his father and his mother giving birth to him created a prodigy that never runs out of stamina like other alchemists until the Getsu Tenshou Final at the end?

I don't care what the writer says. Death to the author in this case because she's competing with something that spawned off her base but did it better. This is something you Brotherhood fans CAN all be generalized as not seeing.

MUH AUTHOR'S FIDELITY doesn't mean unless it's the better version of something. It's like the Star Wars prequels versus the old movies. There can only be one because their canon contradicts. Either George's or Irvin Kershner. George wants to make you think his movies are good, and as such canon. But they suck ass, therefore there is no incentive to overlook their contradictions.

That is what you fail to get. Doesn't matter who made it. We're talking about the better version.

Trying out Ben-To but the first episode has me wary, it seems like it could turn into a hilarious show or generic harem shit taking precedence.

Being underage is a meme you will love more.

wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/hagarenmovie/

This is something I wouldn't have minded a western remake of, since the main cast are canonically Not-Europeans.

And blond Japenese people look weird.

I wanted to finish Kill la Kill, was at like the 18th episode, but then I started nofap so I can't watch it.

Still mad

Yeah, Baccano! is one of the few dubs I really enjoy.

>THE RAYL TRAYCA

Neo-Sup Forums is full of Gaia-tier newfags don't even bother you're arguing with someone who was 3 when FMA first aired

Where are the videogames!?

>The ending of 2003 was better than

Stopped reading there

This
There was actual story in Brotherhood
2004 was just watching to see who died next because none of it made any sense by the time it left the manga plot. There were characters that had no reason to exist because they were like vestigial limbs left behind from the original plot and eclipsed by one of the new characters, all of which felt forced and horribly out of place. It played up the horror aspects way too much, and even then it still somehow made the homunculi less memorable and less threatening. I remember when Sloth first showed up in Brotherhood and I tried to remember why there was no Sloth in 2004, and then I looked her up and remembered she was supposed to be important too.
The story pacing was awful too. It felt like the entire anime was filler because every last drop of plot was fought for and earned by Envy and Lust killing at least 800 side characters.

reminds me of this trash

youtube.com/watch?v=InF16sp7J0M

If I was underage my mom wouldn't let me post here user.

Life rarely has happy endings, especially when so much conflict is involved like in FMA. Just feels weird to talk about war, racial discrimination, genocide and loss of loved ones to end everything fine and happy

It's a comedy anime about a suicidal teacher and a bunch of extremely cliche students but that's really an oversimplification. It's excellent one of the maybe 3 comedy centric anime I've enjoyed

meant for

No you didn't.