Did anyone know who this guy was before Melee was released? No joke...

Did anyone know who this guy was before Melee was released? No joke, I thought he was a woman the first time I encountered him in Fountain of Dreams.

Other urls found in this thread:

fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_(anime)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why Marth when less people knew about Ice Climbers, Mr Game & Watch, and Roy?

Most people didn't know who Ness was in 64, either.

Reminder that all of Japan literally who'd at Little Mac.

wat

BS

His games weren't released here until 2011 so no, literally no one had any idea

I doubt it.

The first game the Japanese got was Punch Out for the Wii. They didn't get Super and the NES game was a tournament prize over there.

He's not completely wrong. Not everyone "literally who'd" but there were a lot of translated 2ch/2chan(forgot which) posts where they didn't know who Little Mac was.

It isn't weird that you didn't know. The first time Fire Emblem got brought to the west was two years after Melee came out.

>tfw Sakurai admitted that Marth was originally supposed to be SSB64 but didn't make it because time constraints

In an alternate dimension Marth made it into 64 as a newcomer, which allowed Roy to get his own unique moveset in Melee and we probably would have gotten an official English release of FE6.

I was 9 years old and didn't even know what fire emblem was. Then they released the one with Eliwood in the west shortly after melee and it became one of my favorite games ever.

>which allowed Roy to get his own unique moveset
Judging by the fact that half the newcomers in the Melee we DID get didn't get 100% unique movesets, I'm calling bullshit.

I often wonder about that alternate dimension.

Mewtwo, DDD, Ganondorf, and Bowser were also supposed to be in 64.

>No Jigglypuff
It's shit.

>Did anyone know who this guy was before Melee was released?
No, his game didn't come out in north america until well after Brawl.

Nope but I fell in love with Roy
he became my first husbando

Literally the perfect roster.

>Read up about Melee
>Wario was supposed to be a secret character but Dr. Mario was added instead due to time constraints.
>We almost had a Wario in Smash based on Wario Land.
>"We wouldn't have done him justice in Melee."
>Now he's le gross farting man.

It saddens me to think what could have been.

>tfw Wario Ware turned Wario into le funny fart man
>tfw that series killed Wario

I didn't know who Samus or Ness were in 64 either

Like everyone who'd Shulk here?

Warioware was the best thing to happen to Wario you fucking retard

Plenty did, you just had to have access to the internet and be into emulation.

I like many teenagers my age were into all obscure Japanese only games that never made it to the NES or SNES. Sure I didn't have any idea what was going on but I knew who MARS was before he showed up in melee.

>which allowed Roy to get his own unique moveset in Melee
Just like Falco got a unique moveset amirite?

(you)

THREE mario characters
Why is this allowed

Plus he would have been in a good game. Probably mid or low tier though.

Of course we don't.

More people knows Lucina more than that ladyboy wielding an elongated knife. It's even baffling why Nintendo still continue to force him up our asses when Lucina clearly is the superior "Marth".

games pre-Lucina
>never sold past 1 million units
>forgettable characters
>a dying series

games with Lucina
>successful (except Codename STEAM)
>revived the FE series
>has a dedicated fanbase
>literally the poster girl of Fire Emblem if that ladyboy didn't exist

Let's face it, if #FE cameo'd Lucina instead of Marth, then it would have sold more. Nobody wants to see Marth in a Disney Highschool Musical singalong game.

I would have dropped Luigi in put in Ness. I like having a wider range of characters from different properties.

Marth wasn't even in #FE proper either. That was all Chrom. Being Chrom is suffering.

Now THIS is autism

>More people knows
>knows
>lucina is the superior marth

>forgettable characters

absolutely wrong

>Literally 1 appearance
>Implying amiibo count

FE fanbase was always dedicated, now it's just deluded waifu fags, before they had something than just you faggots

>Postergirl for FE

Anna or tiki would take the spot if it wasn't marth

stay mad

>If lucina was in #FE it would have sold more

hahahha no one wants to buy a "disney highscool musical singalong game" period, only a certain few

I mean this 100%

kill
your
fucking
self

>Most people didn't know who Ness was in 64, either.
Speak for yourself. I was hype as fuck when I found out he was gonna be in it.

>Implying that FE doesn't force lucina up our asses

gtfo, your waifu a shit

>be in denial
>"A-autism!"

Ok

I really didn't knew before smash. That game wasn't famous at all in my country

>not knowing who Marth was before melee
This shit was dubbed in 97 nigga.

fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_(anime)

I'm in denial that Marth wasn't in #FE?

Then again, was ANYBODY from Fire Emblem in that game? Besides in name only?

>Denial

the only one in denial is you, you're autistically mad that marth is cockblocking your waifu when she already is forced by IS

also most of your rant is wrong. so yeah that user was right, autism. I hear drinking bleach will cure it.

We're all in denial that #FE isn't a Fe x SMT game. Why even care.

Whatever makes you sleep at night user

you know what would help me sleep at night?

you not being a major faggot

>Marth
>4 games and 1 amiibo
>Main lord of the his games

>Lucina
>1 game and amiibo
>isn't the main lord of her games. Litteraly pretends to be Marth

If anything Chrom should've been in instead of Lucina.

Star Fox didn't get two characters in one game

>Marth wasn't in #FE?
he kinda was, actually.

Then sleep tight m8

Marth WAS in #FE, he just didn't make an actual appearance. Itsuki's Super Saiyan form at the end is him doing a Carnage form with Marth.

If Chrom was in then the Smash community will go full autism about three blue haired FE swordsman being in Smash

And how does Lucina change that? She's a blue haired sword user that might as well be a dude.

FIxed

4, actually. Yoshi is still a mario character.

>a CUTE blue haired sword user

Fixed

I thought he was "Lufia."

XC sold over double the amount in US and was the most acclaimed jrpg of last gen so not really

Marth is prettier.

It's true, the ones who knew him knew him from Captain Rainbow, where he's morbidly obese and needs your help to get back in shape. There's screencaps floating around about him being in Smash being pandering to gaijin and a waste of a slot.

not even top 10 waifu material

lucina is where she is at today because of the lightning effect

you should be grateful desu, instead of getting mad a marth, because she is meh at best in every aspect

>this meme again
Wario has always been le gross farting man. Le fit manly jew is a myth perpetuated exclusively by western advertisements.

>lucinafag calling marth a ladyboy
>when lucina is a boylady
wwwww

Too bad they can't the cape look that good in for WiiU.

Lucina not being the main Lord is actually the thing that got her in. She wasn't considered for the main Awakening representative and was instead considered as an alt costume for Marth and managed to get lucky and slip in as a clone.

Sakurai said he was deciding between Robin and Chrom, even had an entire moveset thought of for Chrom but decided Robin would be a more unique and diverse choice due to him being a Magic Swordsman.

If Lucina hadn't been an alt costume then we probably would have gotten fucking Alph as a clone and we don't need two Pikmin characters, Olimar is already annoying enough to play against.

Falcon fights classy.

Hurry up and make that F-zero beatemup.

No, he hasn't. Even through Wario Land 3, he wasn't le funny fart man. The closest anyone can find to him being portrayed that way were those Wario Land 4 Japanese commercials.

Did she die?

I thought Meowth was planned, too.

The roster is so good. Would have been perfect if it was Mewtwo instead of Pikachu.

this just means she'll be low priority in the next smash

this has always happened with last additions and "clone" characters

see wolf and jiggly if you don't believe me, one nearly was cut and another got cut

doc, dark pit, and her are in trouble whether you like it or not

I'll accept this and save it. At least Bowser's name is in the right spot.

Not to my knowledge.

Always wondered why ADV never rereleased it on DVD to capitalize on Marth's post-Melee popularity.

And trust me, Wario fans, you're lucky he didn't get into Melee. Just look at what happened to Ganondorf.

Though I'm not sure le funny fart man is better or worse than a semi-clone of Mario.

No. No one knew who Marth was at all before Melee.

Yeah, only because my dad bought me the VHS in grade school, no idea where he got it from though.
When I saw him in SSBM, I was wondering why his name was Marth instead of Mars.

Never said she'd make it to the next one. It's pretty much guaranteed she won't make it, just it's the reason why she made it in.

Thing is though, just making it in once increases her chances of making it in later games.

Datamined Brawl files did show that Roy was planned and may have been far in development considering he was the only one in the datamine besides Mewtwo to have an unused fanfare and we all saw what happened in Smash 4.

>in an alternate dimension, Ganondorf has his own moveset

please help I'm losing control of my life

it can go either way my man

i'm hoping for a cut but sakurai goes back on his word and does alts so fans of her can shut up

Roy would be a more literal who than Marth since Melee was the first game he made an appearance

Stop playing shit games.

if you have important things to do, don't let it suck you up

No one fucking knew who the fuck Shulk was when he was announced

???

I knew immediately. Xenoblade Chronicles had been out for 1/3rd of a decade at that point.

I knew who he was and I'd never played Xenoblade Chronicles.

I COMPEL THIS THREAD TO LIVE

The one thing I really wish they kept from Super Smash Bros for the later games was the art style.

SSB Fox creeps me out.