Leave RPGs to us

Leave RPGs to us.

Other urls found in this thread:

personacentral.com/persona-5-originally-going-backpacking-around-world/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No thanks rather have RPGs that don't use waifu sims as a crutch

Persona and Dragon Quest are the only two left now.
Prove me wrong.

10 years for blue balls waste of time

Final Fantasy was a mistake

Waifufags win again

have you played SMT4A -- the amount of waifufaggotry in that was embarrassing

i'm sorry but Atlus have realised that waifus sell and all the games are probably going to be like that now

Why is todd cosplaying?

>leave anime gf simulators to us

Atlus has been using waifu as a crutch since arguably Devil Summoner. Atlus answered to Sega, Index before them. We pandering now, MT boys.

That said I can stomach this shit as long as it plays well.

>HD demon assets

HD SMT soon.

Your assistance is not needed.

FFXV wouldn't be so bad if you can control party member and has waifus

Proof me wrong

H O Y
O
Y

What PS2 game is this

DOA because its on Switch

>yfw Atlus managed to do good real time combat ages go.

BEHOLD MY DEMONS

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.

persona 5 and ys8 give me a lot of fun
too bad people might skip the last one. and i wasnt expceting much of ys8 when i played it

>nu yseki
>good

Ys VIII is my GOTY, hands down.

they just did that beacuse the cast was younger. and they already said that

I've finally convinced myself the wait will be worth it, after months of raw indignation.

Is this your little sister tonight?

This is actually funny because SMT4A became the waifufaggotry while P5 became more SMT

Wanted to have a subtle Phone wallpaper of Persona 5 but I don't know what to put.
Wanna hide my powerlevel and preferably not show any animu character.

I got chu senpai

A crutch for what?

But SMT 1 had a teen protagonist and co and shit was dark still.
It's ironic.

Just black out the P5 logo and the hand and mask and keep the "Take Your Heart"

jrpgs*

>implying 4a still doesnt have many dark undertones
>any scene where sheha is involved
>anarchy
Also smt1 is the absolute waifu shit with izanami being there for you 5ever

> Do not throw ragefits over childish subjects

HAHAHAHA that's a lie. There were people that threw a tantrum over 2 lines on untranslated text in SMT IV Apocalypse, that Altus had to come out and tell you to calm your tits, and that it was an honest mistake.

Seriously, it's these people and those with a "holier than thou" mentality are the cancer of the SMT/Persona fanbase.

Will conan play Persona 5?

"you can get cuck in this game? 10/10 its perfect!"

Hopefully he does, the SMT/Persona series need more love.

>defending atlus """"""localizations""""""""
I thought you cucks already killed yourselves after the dual audio announcement.

probably not

Persona isn't mainstream enough

They don't have the marketing for it.

game is literally cutscene and VN with anime style shit

I don't think audience aka normies will be interested on something like that

please take me

you know its sad when one of the most ripped off rpgs actualy did them right. as much as i hate undertale, as far as just the rpg/story/gameplay mechanics go it did them fucken well.

As someone who's almost beat Persona 5 on Hard, I can tell you right now Persona 5 on Hard is harder than Shin Megami Tensei 3 on Hard. Basically Persona is the mainline series now, SMT is the spinoff. ATLUS Vult.

he wouldn't even finish the forced 1 hour intro of the game

Everyone makes mistakes, and I never get mad about delays. At least AtlusUSA is going to give us the JP dub as compensation for the delayed localisation.

jojo reference?

Any other importfags in this thread? How far did you guys get? I am at the point of giving the notice to Shidou.

Fuck I felt sad after that fight with Goro...

> reddit atheist dating sim
c-cant believed gaming is saved

I'm only at the part where it's revealed that Igor is a fake and is the final boss.

Get the fuck out of here

i love the dating sim meme

99.9% of the game has nothing to do with dating. it's all about getting raped by demons in dungeons, fusing demons, solving puzzles. you spend more time dealing with hackers and cyberterrorists or corrupt politicians than anything to do with romance.

at best the romance in p5 is tacked on just for the worst kind of weeaboos who will bitch and moan if it's not in the game.

basically after playing ffxv and p5 my verdict is this:

ff is now becoming an action rpg series, this is fine, this is what square wants, the fans like it.

this being said, Persona 5 is the best traditional JRPG ever made, bar none. Most of the people talking shit about it probably could never beat it on Challenge or Hard, would probably die on Normal.

The only thing missing in the law/chaos routes

This is honestly it, I think SMT is more for people who like that whole "morality choice" thing or the concept of the game being dark because "LOL demons are coming to take over Tokyo again! Time to install that demon app son!"

Persona 5 is the darkest game ATLUS has ever made just because of how REAL it is. Even though the "cognitive world" is a fantasy, all the villains and problems the characters face are so grounded in reality. They could all be real people doing heinous acts. Futaba and Goro's backstory actually made me feel a lot of empathy for them. Persona I guess is more a series where the characters matter more.

I was really surprised by how hard the game was though. I remembered P3 and P4 being pretty easy so I was expecting the same. I was shocked when I kept dying, even my friend who came over to watch couldn't believe it was a Persona game, and he knows I've beaten more SMT games than him.

I wanna play this fucking game

you are a fucking retard user, please go get help

I kept the chairs from the original 2013 teaser as my wallpaper

>implying persona 3 isn't darker
Nice meme.

Then play it already, faggot.

Is the Japanese version playable for somebody who speaks no Japanese whatsoever?

Also, can you cross-region it?

Persona 3 is hardly dark in its subject matter. It's just melancholic and depressing, but the concepts in the game are so abstract and distanced from reality that it's difficult to find any of it impactful.

>Is the Japanese version playable for somebody who speaks no Japanese whatsoever?
No you fucking idiot it's a story focused game.

Exactly my point

Shut up EOP.

>P3 has dead parents only
>P5 has both dead parents and societal oppression/abuse

> societal oppression
literally nowhere senpai

Just compare Ryuji and Junpei. Both of them have abusive dad, but Junpei still has friends outside SEES while Ryuji is treated as an outcast by the entire school because of asshole gym teacher spreading rumors about him, his only friend is the one timid guy from the volleyball and the Phantom Thieves.

Once Atlus finds a way to dump the high school setting, the potential is limitless

A college setting would be amazing

he wouldnt be able to get to the actual gameplay without a save all ready for him

personacentral.com/persona-5-originally-going-backpacking-around-world/

>Persona 5 was originally going to be Final Fantasy XV

> persona wasnt going to be highschool dating sim number 3 for 5 minutes
We coulda had it all

>Futaba an heroes if you don't complete her dungeon on time

whats wrong with highschool?

why college?

I still don't understand why the protagonist isn't his own character yet.
I'm tired of these half self inserts that games like Fallout 4 and Persona seem to have. Either have a completely customization character or make it an actual character. Having these dialogue choices that make zero difference save for how many SL points you get adds nothing to the game. SMT has this problem as well.

>Tabata streamlines FFXV, underwhelms most as it has no character of it's own
>Hashino sticks to his audience without making P5 derivative, highly acclaimed

There is a lesson to be learned here that most developers these days fail to understand...

Legend of Heroes is still strong in my book.

Falcom is the oldguard of JRPGs.

Is this getting an english translation ever?

Oh looks its that guy that will cling to any japanese shit that won't get translated and treat them as the best game they ever played, until it get localized

you should said said "Leave JRPGs to us" op.

you fucked up. now WRPG fans will come in and mock JRPG for not being RPG (which is true). thread ruined

> enjoying highschool generic slice of life anime setting
its not even /comfy/ so why

> self insert
> still cant be gay
its so undateable cucksexuals can pretend they're loved

did you not have a comfy highschool life or something?

Persona 3 and 4 are probably in a small pool of actually decent JRPGs I've played in the past decade.

Sorry guys, but JRPGs are dead

>the concepts in the game are so abstract and distanced from reality
The concept is just human mortality. It's babby's first theme.

>beat SMT4A
>shit was too easy and the waifushit was obnoxious as fuck
>beat P5
>shit was harder than Nocturne, has better gameplay, characters and music

How ironic is it that Persona 5 felt more SMT than the idol waifugame and the disappointment that was Apocalypse. Most Atlus games admittedly are overrated, but the only things SMT elitists can even say is "b-but our games are edgier! w-we have edgier endings!" while casual Persona fans are actually enjoying their experience. SMT is bland but edgy. Persona is normie shit but fun. The tradeoff is there, you decide milady.

IT's not like SMT is gonna save JRPG but whatever.

>mashes O
>travels tge entire dungeon

Great game.

the opposite actually. mashing O gets you splattered to walls and it's a dumb gimmick that should never have been done.

with that said P5 gameplay >>>>>>>> any SMT gameplay

If I have to give SMT props for something, it's edgier