Final Fantasy XV

So I'm 3 hours in and so far this just isn't fun. Does it get better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CutkZ5191-E
beam.pro/moshini
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

Thanks for falling for our shilling though.

>He fell for the "86 is a good score!" meme

Point and laugh kids

Why did they have to make it fujoshit

It gets worse though.

Are you serious? I just got the second gift of the Lucis kings or whatever.

Should have read the threads for the past 2 weeks bro.

No. In fact it gets worse once the game becomes linear. The end of Chapter 8.

I did, but they were all on plebbit where everyone was saying it was the best since VII.

I fucked up.

It... it stays the same. It gets worse around chapter 8 or so.

It's just so fucking boring jesus christ.

Is it even worth finishing?

I seriously had more fun with XII and XIII's opening hours than I am with this one.

>It's just so fucking boring jesus christ

lel I got to like chapter 10 then stooped and downloaded the yakuza 6 demo

>Is it even worth finishing

No. I'm being honest if you're not liking it now, you'll hate it more the further you progress.

God fucking damn it.

Is the story any good? Ardyn seemed pretty based when I met him at that coastal town.

I guess it remains Versus XIII, the opposite of XIII at heart
XIII gets better as you go on
XV gets worse as you go on

Umm not reeeaaally..

I won't spoil anything, but the story goes full retard between chapters 9-13.

it get's worse

So can you anons who have played the game tell me if the relationship between Noctis and Luna is at least decent? I mean, for a main heroine, is she deserving of that title?

they all die in a landslide

You take that back, sometimes fujoshit can be good.
This is korean boy band shit.

My sides.
Was I right in my assumption of Ardyn being based at least?

She dies 5 minutes after you meet her.

No I'm not fucking kidding at all.

Removing Insomnia for Kingsglaive was a huge mistake.

There is zero emotional investment now for the player AND the characters.

There is no introduction to Luna, none to King Regis, and Noctis just walks around collecting weapons because Cor told him to.
The king's death isn't even handled well.

I just had to get fish for a cat, the car doesnt drive well, holding down R2 so heavily hurts my finger but then it's just a minute long driving cutscene otherwise, combat is a mess in tight quarters and the dialogue it out of sync despite it being loveable and punny.

Kingsglaive was good too.
When will this open world meme end.

> fujoshit
> none of the boys are game
> the actual romance in the game is a half second kiss at the They All Died ending

You must be fucking joking.

>I seriously had more fun with XII and XIII's opening hours

At least they had an opening.
It was something.
Sure there was Snow's afwul dialogue with his comrades and fucking walking around as Vaan but you SAW things.

You fight a big fucking chainsaw lizard robot.
You actually see the fall of the royal line.

Ok so I just started and am about 5 hours in, is the combat just spamming the attack button and blocking all game?

He literally tips his fedora during the final boss fight.

Brotip: He's the baddie, and after his buddies are killed, Noctis sacrifices himself to rid the world of Ardyn's darknesss then marries Luna in death or some stupid bullshit.

The End.

can confirm this. they tried to pull off an aerith but they forgot something character development

XIII's intro was actually pretty good.

I'll take revolting against a government over pushing a fucking car while Stand By Me plays.

Nope. Ardyn shanks her right after you meet her.

8/10 game

Ardyn is final boss and Luna dies

The npcs remind me of sonic 06

> Aerith: an entire discs worth of screentime and an actual party member
> Luna: a DiD so bad Peach and Zelda mock her
Goddammit Tabata

I won't fucking believe it until I get a video of it. The game gets meme'd on enough, you're not fooling me buddy.

I'd pay good money to suck a fart of out Cindys ass

This entire fucking game reminds me of Sonic 06.

The locales even appear in order as Sonic 06 does.

>watch stream
>some faggot running around the desert for 6 hours with his friends mashing buttons on the same retardedly out of place monsters
>people in gas stations giving quests to kill monsters

this shit is fucking stupid,

Hows the running simulator m8?

There are scenes with her, but none with her and Noctis until the Leviathan fight, not counting childhood flashbacks.

>chapter 0 was literally nothing more than what we've already seen

Fuck this game so much. Fuck SE.

Hey wait till you find out about Prompto's nonsensical backstory that completely clashes with the anime, and the time traveling dog.

You ain't heard of stupid yet buddy.

you got magic, changing between weapons, warping around, those team attacks, summoned weapon barrages, summons, and your chocobo riding it to kick guys in the head

Yeah, about 10 years in.

>not riding the golden cock
>final fantasy
U wut, mate?

>plebbit
>"I fucked up."
>Do you know *why* you fucked up?

Yeah she's crammed in for no reason. So fucking forced and stupid as it has nothing to do with your party or the gameplay.

Ih also the world map isnt even a 5th of the size they showed us, and there are two major cities that aren't even big.

youtube.com/watch?v=CutkZ5191-E

So Conan's review of this game was incredibly accurate huh?

Ardyn is the only good thing that came out of this game

The game is coming in the mail in a few hours and I'm already starting to regret getting it even if it was 30$ cheaper than retail after reading around Sup Forums for opinions.

>20 minutes total screentime

kek

Fuck off back to it and stay there.

lol u mean where he said i am ardyn lucis caelum literally time stopped and i was thinking what the hell is this story

Depends of your tastes, 30 hours in and I find it fantastic.
The combat system is just amazing.

You're a liar.

I don't know how, but XIII looks better too.

you poor soul

her early death is fucking nothing compared to what's in store for your disappointment

So far the combat is fun. I feel like Versus would have been a lot better because I'm more of a KH guy and I like Nomura's work. I'm only on chapter 2 though.

>time traveling dog

not a joke

Alright, so obviously the story is shit. Is the gameplay at least fun? It looked promising when they first teased it but I stopped following it a long time ago.

>Is the gameplay at least fun

It's repetitive, and you're constantly nagged to parry. The game itself is far too easy on any difficulty.

>Ask for some paw

just kill me now

Story is shit, characters are shit, map is okay

gameplay is repetitive but you're going to get that no matter what in any game. Can't think of a single game where the combat isn't doing the same thing over and over again. Problem is that everything is shit/mediocre so you have nothing to really look forward to.

At least with some games the story is pretty good, so you keep going with it.

So do they ever explain Prompto's nonsensical background in detail?

Because it fucking clashes hard with the anime.

> noctis is sad some DiD he was arranged to marry when he was 8 dies
but why

>map is okay

Are you joking?

I am also 3 hours in. Here is a summary.

Pros:
>Music that I've heard so far is pretty decent
>Combat is tolerable. It's about on par with to original God of War
>There are some decent random jokes between the dudes
>Bombs look super cool at night time
>You get to listen to old FF music in the car

Cons:
>World is empty, and even in the rare case where you find something, it feels like that thing is worthless anyway
>The entire game is like Pulse from XIII, but worse. And Pulse wasn't even very good.
>Hunts aren't anywhere near FFXII-quality. It's just like "kill 5 normal enemies"
>Combat is easy but tedious. Random lv2 shit pops up everywhere that's effortless, and sometimes you get things that are just a battle of attrition, but not fun
>Entire game feels like they had 100 people each design 1 thing, then just put it all in the game. No 'glue' to bind all together in a smart way
>Whoever directed the cutscenes has no film experience at all. Dialogue between characters is instant with no downtime between words
>A bunch of cutscenes with no sound at all, makes it feel really weird
>I found one side quest and I got 500 gil, complete waste of time

I'm honestly surprised no one had a big enough dick to give it a 5/10

It's okay, he gets over it 10 minutes later.

big maps are cool but if there's nothing interesting in between points then what's the point?

Some Frenchies gave it a 6/10.

I think he meant how hard they lied about the map size.

HOW DOES THE BLONDE PRINCESS DIE SOMEONE TELL ME

I would've liked more smaller zones. The map we got is nothing like what they advertised.

Ardyn stabs her.

Ah, I didn't pay much attention to the advertisement for this game

Can't wait for Square-Enix to finally cave in and dust out an ATB system again.

XV is a travesty.

ATB sucks. If you're going to go turn-based, go all the way and create an interesting turn-based system.

FFXV-2 happens, Stella appears

Would this be vindication?

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "55 on metacritic" and "Conan was right!" and other slurs I dare not mention. Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.

I don't feel awkward or anxious playing Final Fantasy XV around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been meticulously created for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We FFXV fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow crown princes, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you. I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that FFXV is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up FFXV, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of seeing Lady Lunafreya's dress, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

Fuck you. People wanted XV to be good only to end up with Fujoshit drivel.

It's a pasta user...

Stella doesn't really sound bad now. Especially when you consider that she's an antagonist in V-XIII

What a fucking shitshow the combat is.
QTE button mashing
WTF were they thinking of ?
I fear so much that the FF7-R remake.
They are going to fucking ruin it >.

It was more of a first impressions but yeah he was right on the money

Is X/X-2 on PC good? As a port, I've already played both on PS2 ages ago

just got it

test

beam.pro/moshini

Well, both are versions of the International
Version with harder bosses.

I'm honestly waiting for XII-Zodiac Age

A simple tweak that would greatly improve combat flow, is items and fucking link attacks not shifting the camera off of Noctis

>use item for someone else
>zooms in on them using
???
>use link attack
>zooms in on Ignis doing his shit while the battle CONTINUES GOING ON
????

Why not twitch

>Ignis goes blind off screen
>Oh hey no worries, I'll make do somehow
This fucking game I swear.

>Stella ends up being XV-2's main character.
Imagine the butthurt if this happens.

>that dude who posted spoilers
>that fucking reaction

you have to like guide him for a few minutes but after that's he's perfectly fine and the game just carries on and he's back to normal abilities

then he and the other 3 boys die anyway

so yeah whatever

Tried checking out top stream for it on Twitch (summit) and the guy looks bored to death kek

No, Prompto was supposed to be the spy in your group in Versus XIII that's why he's taking all the selfies and stuff.

Tabata probably liked his backstory and kept that because "it's cool", but then he forgot about it entirely and changed everything.

he's black

>dick_kickem

god bless your soul

I thought at night "strong enemies" would appear to kick your butt.

How come nothing happens?