Honestly, Marvel VS Capcom 4 makes perfect sense for Disney

Honestly, Marvel VS Capcom 4 makes perfect sense for Disney.

It's a giant commerical for their Marvel brand.
It shows that they are serious about gaming.
It's E-sports, something Disney wants in on.
It could easily reuse MvC3 assets out of the ass and nobody would care.
It would require almost no marketing because it's so popular in the FGC.

Cheap to make and it would get the ball rolling for Disney as a video game publisher.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=225623696
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

delet this... RIGHT NOW

I'm just saying, it's not as unlikely as some make it out to be.

When you're starting out as a publishers, you need brownie points.

Nice to have an optimistic thread here.

What engine do you think the game will be on? Yet another Unreal 4 work?

A good thread, nice one op.

MT framework I think, honestly MvC has such a larger roster of characters that remaking them all completely in a new engine just seems like a bad idea.

If they are smart they'll just build upon MvC3, that's what people want. An MvC4 with a new engine and a barebones vanilla launch feels like the last thing Capcom would want after SFV, then again this was probably in development before SFV came out.

MvC4 will not happen

MvC4 will probably happen

Nope

Especially not at PSX

If they built on the previous roster and junked X-factor for something a little less bullshit most people would probably be pretty happy with it.

At least you finally got a trip so I can filter you.

Okay great, stay delusional, can't wait until you're BTFO and try to blame Capcom instead of yourself for believing stupid false ````hype````

Fuck off Boco

>Okay great, stay delusional

What's delusional about MvC4?

This E3 we got a stand-alone PS4 Spider-Man exclusive. Something people laughed at when the rumors started popping up.

It just is, trust me or feel the BTFO come PSX

>It just is

At least give us something to back up your claims.

All you need to believe that MvC4 could happen is some fucking rumors and "reputable people saying things"

I'm sure me just talking shit is about as equivocable as that

Pain vs Itachi would be a good fight, and Minato vs Pain would be a really good fight. Pain, Itachi, and Minato are tied in 4th 5th and 6th in my oppinion. (Nagato has a jutsu to create a miniature moon, and another jutsu that destroyed the whole entire village in one hit. )M+38
Um hello? He's the strongest member of Akatsuki, so that means he's stronger than itachi.M+28
Um hello? Itachi uchiha defeated him during 4th great ninja war...M-1
I hate it when people vote for more hyped shinobis higher. Like-itachi could do this and that. Itachis is one of my favorite characters, but if you think rationally and analyse the arsenal of each shinobi, I don't see any shinobi other than rikudo himself who can beat Nagato one on one.M+25
Pain is so powerful, he's on this list thrice!

>All you need to believe that MvC4 could happen is some fucking rumors and "reputable people saying things"

As opposed to you.

Who has nothing.

MINATO IS SO ASWSOME. he sealed the 9 tails/kubyi in his own son had a with was the 4 hokage has flying god power is just plan hot was one of the best hokage and is equal with his son had a son and is a blone with blue eyes and should be up at 2 place with his son naruto ps HE IS HOT!M+53
For me MINATO NAMIZAKE is the one of strongest character in naruto. He was the fourth hokage, the man who responsible for sealing the nine-tailed in he's son naruto and the first man defeated tobi/obito & kyuubi too. Minato have a natural talent, he's smarter than UCHIHA ITACHI he created the amazing technique that called RASEGAN Yellow Flash, the Flying Thunder God technique, goes without saying, purely fantastically unique and one of a kind. Minato also has amazing reflexes, as stated by A (Raikage), he is not faster than Raikai through teleportation, but faster than Raikage in reflexes. Argueably, being close to instant in speed and instant doesn't make much of a difference for any humans anyway, so in theory, they were nearly same "speed" and it came down to reflexes. I repeat MINATO NAMIKAZE is the one strongest character.. NOT the stongest :)) thnk you for reading my opinion..

Reckless Felix
PHILIPPINEM+26
He defeated Madara while trying to protect his son, wife, and the village.. Every other fight I see like Madara vs 1st hokage is a 1v1.. But minato beat tobi dealing with multiple things.. And tobi > madara =)M+35
Minato defeated obito so there's no way obito can be above him

>Adds 24 more characters on top of UMvC3's 48
>72 characters
>No previous fanfaves dropped
>Remove X-factor

>starting out
They have owned Marvel for SEVEN YEARS.

Something about Madara Uchiha

Fine go and believe it, but come PSX it doesn't happen, I'm screencapping your post and posting it all over the place

And you're gonna be like WHERE IS MARVEL I THOUGHT THERE WAS GONNA BE MVC4 WHAT YOU GUYS LIED TO ME

But it would be wrong to blame someone other than yourself because you were stupid and gullible

You think I don't understand how you'd act? It's basic psychology 101

The SAGE OF SIX PATHS said she was stronger. You know, that legendary, god-like individual that sealed the ten tails becoming the first jinchuuriki sealing its body and splitting its mind on his deathbed, said that this character is STRONGER. How is this even a debateM+26
John Lennon said she was, in her prime, physically stronger. Oprah Winfrey later confirmed this in chapter 688.M+17
Why is she 9th? She's the strongest character in all of Naruto, hands down. She was mother of the Sage of the Six Paths, who even though he is at the top of this list, claimed that Kaguya was stronger than even himself. She can look at any technique and master it. She's basically God. She just by looking at you can force you to do her will. This shouldn't be a question of who's stronger, but how much stronger she is compared to the Sage of Six Paths.M+3
9th? You are all retarded

>They have owned Marvel for SEVEN YEARS.

They only changed their gaming strategy recently though. They no longer develop and publish games by themselves, they only outsource and co-publish now. Stuff like Disney Infinity is dead.

>Fine go and believe it, but come PSX it doesn't happen, I'm screencapping your post and posting it all over the place

When did I say it would happen at PSX?

If they're going to give us more garbage Street Fighter characters for MVC4 they better be Third Strike tier and not the trash we got in 3.

Suck my cock imvecile.

>Suck my cock imvecile.

When you learn to read maybe.

Either way, it's not going to happen for another few years, keep believing though until you get tired #hype #mahvelisbackbaby

>nonstop Marvel 4 shitposting until saturnday

kill me

>Either way, it's not going to happen for another few years

Depends on how long it has potentially been in the cooker and how much work from MvC3 they are planning to reuse.

If it's like the new Spider-Man game and was planned for quite some time, they could very well have it out by late 2017/early 2018. It really depends on how much they decide to overhaul. For all we know it could just be a glorified MvC3 expansion for current gen.

It's gonna be a long week..

Hopefully Capcom will be more generous in handing out double jumps and airdashes. I'd say Ryu and Iron Fist could use an airdash.

They're not going to spend money to work on something unless they're sure they'll get a license

And when they actually are sure then they'd most likely have a small deadline given that it's Marvel property

And if it's just reused MvC3 material then why would it be MvC4 and not Super Ultimate Duper Mega MvC3 Third Strike Alpha EX

Think McFly think

>2v2 with assist rather than 3v3 with tag assist
>No X-Men/F4
>heavy MCU/Diversity focus

At least Polygon implied a port of UMvC3 in their "confirmation" so I can just ignore this.

Still waiting for this to happen.

It seriously wouldnt be a bad idea for either of the companies, I think just the insane idea behind it is enough to sell millions of copies.

It'd be fun. Still, they'd fit a lot better in Smash.

m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=225623696

i just want re5 jill back

So assuming MvC4 does happen and ends up Playstation exclusive like every other goddamned fighter this gen, would a Sony guest character be a shark-jumper? I think it'd be cool to see Kat in a Capcom fighter, especially one crazy like Marvel, and I always liked playing Cole in SFxT, doing a major crossover with a Sony IP could likely drive up the hype if it's the right IP.
Even then, no Nemesis, no buy.

>All this mad over X-men characters or lack there of
>My boy Ghost Rider is MCU safe

No Logan no buy.

Lol. Are you me? Glad my bois Dante/Hawkeye/Ghost Rider are all locks

>And if it's just reused MvC3 material then why would it be MvC4 and not Super Ultimate Duper Mega MvC3 Third Strike Alpha EX

Because MvC3 was like 5 years ago and just updating it today would come off as cheap.

Taking MvC3 and retooling it into MvC4 would be the correct approach in terms of marketing.

>And if it's just reused MvC3 material then why would it be MvC4 and not Super Ultimate Duper Mega MvC3 Third Strike Alpha EX
Was MvC3 your first mahvel?

ayyyyyyyy

>Ghost Rider is in
>Rocket is safe
>Kamala likely being thickened as I type
>Rashid or Urien have a very good chance
I'm down

None of you play fighting games anyways, let alone marvel

You're forgetting something.

They will try, as always, to appeal normies and non-players in one way or another.

They didn't do that with SFV though. Sure, it backfired catastrophically, but still.

>"No close range normals" SFV
>3-frame input window SFV
>Not trying to appeal to casuals

>IF/Daredevil in the same game
Shame about no Luke unless he's assist only, but I'll take it.

Yes, because casuals even know what that means. Or care.

It's like the Palutena leak from Smash 3DS.
It being a fake didn't change the fact that she was real in the game.

But Disney gave up on making games with MCU characters after they closed Disney Interactive.

Right, so what are PS4 Spider-Man and Telltale Games GoTG then?

MvC without X-Men is going to be kinda sad.

Kamala is super going to be the new X-23 of the game, and I can't wait.
Also Capcom might even redeem Captain Marvel and make her a good character.

3 was also heavily pandered to marvel normies and capcom kid who never played 2 let alones fighters at all and it wasn't until umvc3 where there game became a much less pleb fest

Capcom said over and over again that their objective was to attract "new plaeyrs"

outsourced licensing?

But MODOK, She-Hulk, Dormammu and Taskmaster, plus Ammy, reboot Spencer, and Haggar where in vanilla and they weren't normie bait at all.

>SFV tried to appeal to competitive only.
>Fails hard
Yeah, I'd say they better try appealing to casuals again.

Post your face when your favorite character get in, but as an assist only.
Unless they surprise me and do something like every character is playable, but the last one are locked as an assist, which wouldn't be hard to do, since making a model is most of the work, and wasting it on an assist only is retarded. But they said there would be a Monster Hunter dragon as an assist, so I don't know.

>It could easily reuse MvC3 assets out of the ass and nobody would care

MvC3 looks so fucking shit. SF4 engine is the worse thing to have spawned in gaming ever.

2d sprites > ugly 3dpd

By releasing an incomplete game with no arcade mode, ranked online play focused and a ridiculously small roster?

Fuck roster shit, I'm more worried about the supposed gameplay change from 3v3 with tag/assists to just 2v2 with a separate assist character (who could be another character or a full on assist only character)

I can't go back to that shit, man. 3v3 was Marvel's main innovation and main point that made it stick out.

Yes. For them, that was enough to appeal normies.

By releasing the first cinematic story mode in series, turning arcade mode into a story mode, creating a new Survival mode, loosening combo requirements, increasing input leniencies, boiling Supers down to a combo finisher, and trying to appeal to people who'll say "it'll just get a new update" by saying it'll get all future DLC for free

Just because Capcom totally fucking failed to appeal to them it doesn't mean they didn't try

Well, I hope they learned their lesson.

>By releasing the first cinematic story mode in series
Half a year after releasing the game. Too little, too late.

>creating a new Survival mode, loosening combo requirements, increasing input leniencies, boiling Supers down to a combo finisher
No casual ever cared about anything of that.

they were normie bait for nerds who never played an mvc game cause those type of normies only cared about obscurity

They wanted to appeal to casuals, and they failed hard. It even failed to appeal to fgc.

And the only thing I want from mvc4 is pic related

I am sad X-Men wont be around, but at least it frees up a lot of space in the roster.

The head of MVC3 said MVC4 is not happening currently, why are people so hyped up? Because wizard said so? or yogaflame?

come on.

I need her in MVC4

What is LEGO Marvel Super Heroes? That had X-men, and that was released while the MCU was a thing.

And the head of MvC3 isn't working in the division that works on console games.

And fuck sake, he's a fucking liar on various accounts.

Dammit

>it's current year
>still no new Megaman game
Why the fuck don't they even make a new Tron game at the fucking least? They shove her in everything, for crying out loud, and people love her.

Nigga, he knows whats going inside the company, all leads do, its important, why the fuck would you think capcom isn't keeping their LEADS informed?

SF4 looks shit I agree but MVC3 looks fucking stellar. I wouldn't mind them adopting the SFV aesthetics tbqh

People are always going on about how hard fighting games are to get into, and how Mortal Kombat has great, lengthy single player content.

You seriously don't think SFV tried to appeal to those people by including a big-ass Survival mode and simplifying combos?

I mean, yeah, SFV is a fucking screw-up, I'm gonna admit that readily, but you've gotta give the game a smidgen of credit. Capcom basically had no way of knowing casuals don't actually want a fighting game, no matter how easy it's become to learn.

No casual has ever complained about the games having six-buttons either, but Capcom still wants to design a character with four buttons only in SFV.

Survival modes are for tryhards. No casual ever would want to play that shit.

Oh, I'm just being baited. Sorry for intruding.

You're the one who says a survival mode somehow caters to casuals.

because the companies are still letting the rumors go nuts. ideally, if it were true or false you'd want to end the wild ruse as early and clear as possible or right before a major announcement event but they barely been trying to clear the air.

Story and arcade mode are really the options that a more casual audience wants. Not having either on release was a huge mistake and by the time story mode did get added it was too late. First impressions are everything.

And why wouldn't it? MKX has literally two of those in Endless and Survivor towers.

I'm not saying SFV caters to casuals- it clearly didn't, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about how it failed right now.

I'm saying it tried and failed, which is why people in the FGC hate it and why people outside of the FGC also hate it.

Really boils down to this, basically.

He may be in, but I do hope he won't be the same piece of trash that he is in UMvC3.

>it just is, trust me

why can't good fighting games just come out

I want to get into one at launch but every release is either panned or has 12 players

I would expect Disney vs. Capcom, so they can shove some Star Wars shit in there honestly.

No Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, me no likey

Do what everyone else does- give up and play Street Fighter V

It's basically the only game available right now that doesn't have 12 players online who all know it inside out

You could also start or join a local scene in your area and play with local like-minded players, learn from them, and make friends, but that takes effort

I'd be down for a Disney vs. Capcom as long as Scrooge McDuck is playable.

Yeah GR should be buffed in the new installment