FInal Fantasy

I've never played a final fantasy before.

>FFVI or FFVII?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1m7kYraln6E
youtube.com/watch?v=pInppxsP5g4
dailymotion.com/video/xxzn05_final-fantasy-vii-on-the-way-to-a-smile-denzel-english-subtitles_shortfilms
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FFIX

The patrician choice.

6 for story, 7 for grindy weeb shit.

The patrician choice is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, 9 is the poser patrician choice.

I'm playing on vita so 9 is left out. i don't know about crystal chronicles though

Me either my ex girlfriend sai to play the remake of X
I only got a ps3

IV or III

Oh, 6 then.

Crystal Chronicles is for Gamecube.

>unfinished, rushed, nostalgia bait, shit waifu, bad music, stupid art-style the Final fantasy.

Yeah sure sounds like nu-v

Both

Start with seven. Six has this absurdly huge cast of characters and you constantly have to put them in different parties and just yeah, start with seven

XV of course. Haven't you seen the amazing reviews?

>posting shirlliterally who
I think ff15 would suit you best friend

Code Geass R3 when

>Start with seven. Six has this absurdly huge cast of characters and you constantly have to put them in different parties and just yeah, start with seven
Fuck you, that was literally the point of the game. 6 has no main character, it is about all of them. 7 is just weeb, anime garbage with every anime clichE in the book pulled out.

>low tier
>XII

I hope this is bait.

FF tactics advanced

On one hand I hope for a 25 episodes season for duration, but on the other a movie would be less prone to fuck ups. Hyped as fuck for this.

FFX

memes aside, it is a great game with one of the most interesting worlds and art style in the series

FFVI if you enjoy incredibly overrated JRPGs, FFVII if you want to see the moment JRPGs started becoming movies instead.

You can't properly appreciate FFIX if you haven't played every previous game.

This

What references are there to Final Fantasy games other than the first besides Deathguise?

Literally the entire game. FF9's entire main plot is stitched together from previous FF plots, and all the side content is references to previous games. Every single thing in FF9 is an homage to the previous games.

Start with 6, if you liked it try 7, if you din't like 7 go straight to 9, after 9 play the older ones in whatever order you like.
If you can identify with people suffering from the grave disease of autism play 10, if your dreamjob is being a chinese gold farmer but can't into any social interaction play 12 if you have a fetish for fucking a garden hose play 13.

Easiest recommendation i ever gave.

As a short list

FF1
>Garland
>the Four Fiends
>staring party is Warrior, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage
FF2
>Ramuh's story about Josef
>Pandemonium
FF3
>Garland's ship, the Invincible
>Doga and Unei's Mirrors
>Kuja's freak out at his mortality is the same thing that drove Xande
FF4
>Red and blue moons
>Alien brothers
FF5
>Forcibly compressing one planet on top of another
>Final battle takes place on the exact same spot where you fight Exdeath
FF6
>Maduin
>Warring Triad statues in Kuja's palace
FF7
>Lifestream, and the drawing out and use of it for military purposes

IMO they are the 2 best representations of their eras
6 sums up everything good about the 5 previous games, and it actually much better than that as a whole (1-5 felt like small incremental steps; 6 was a bigger leap)
however 7 was the biggest leap the series has ever taken, to this date. it is an absolute classic. a pioneer of 3d graphics as well (if you can appreciate that kind of stuff). fantastic environments and music.
honestly, they're both fucking great. if you want a more oldschool flavour, start with 6. it drags on a bit near the end as it goes full non-linear, which was extremely cool for the time, and there are i think 14 characters to recruit (which to this day i believe is the most of a final fantasy game)
7 is just an awesome romp. honestly i'd suggest 6 first, but it'd suck if you got burnt out because the entire ending sequence in that game is pure art. but i think you'll enjoy 7 as well.

I don't usually like to link youtubers but I just happened to watch this, it explains everything pretty well:
youtube.com/watch?v=1m7kYraln6E

To keep it short, if you're more interested in gameplay you should start with V (old-school FF, GBA version) or X (PS2 era, HD remaster), if you're more interested in story start with IV, VI or VII. I'd play IX (the quintessential FF) after a few others since it has lots of references to the previous ones.

7 is the flagship of the entire Final Fantasy brand. It's made them the most money (excepting MMOs) and spawned the most spinoffs and sequels. It's definitely the one to start on to break your cherry.

That said, it does get a lot of negative flack from fans of FF6. Up until 7 came out, 6 was really the best JRPG most people had ever seen, and there is an incredible amount of perpetual salt that the very next entry in the series so completely and thoroughly blew it the fuck out of the water, that no FF6 has ever truly recovered.

it has been decided VI will be my first final fantasy

This is probably the most exhausting part of the Final Fantasy series. You can like any game the best and outside some smarmy comments (especially over 8 or 9) most people don't really care.

Unless your favorite is 7. Nothing draws out obnoxious malcontent fans of 6 quite like anyone announcing that they liked 7 the best. I remember the days of dial-up when the internet was new and message boards were filled even then with the rage tears of 6 fans shitting all over 7.

Never mind. I'm back to step one. I am an anime nerd

Eh I'm feeling old school. I'll probably beat both by the time christmas comes along and I'll be playing Steins;gate 0. I just need to get off of the boards so it doesn't get spoiled

Patrician FF fans know that both 6 and 7 are overrated, so we just stand aside and let them fight.

Then you might appreciate that FF7 has some anime.

Last Order:
youtube.com/watch?v=pInppxsP5g4

On the Way to a Smile:
dailymotion.com/video/xxzn05_final-fantasy-vii-on-the-way-to-a-smile-denzel-english-subtitles_shortfilms

Probably better to play the game first for the context on the first anime, and then watch the tie-in movie for context on the second one.

This

Both are good but extremely different. I'd play VI first then VII.

6>4>Tactics Games>12>9>7>10>8>5>2>3>>Skipped 13 after the demo

FFX is comfy and probably good as an entry level game. Playing the remaster should be fine too, only added content is improved graphics, new soundtrack (though the old one can be used) and achievements.
Available on pc now too conveniently but you should use a controller.

>12 before 9
subtle shitposting.

>1-5 felt like small incremental steps; 6 was a bigger leap
But what did 6 actually improve?

Just play x-2 and xiii-2. Forget the rest of the mediocre franchise.

Nothing. Mechanically, it was a step back from 5, and storywise a step back from 4. It just had a lot more characters to play, and people liked that. And even then, not that many more. It had what, 14 to FF4's 12?