Overwatch

>Overwatch
>Dying

>Overwatch
>Dying

pvplive.net/c/overwatch-generated-the-most-sales-for-premium-pc-

>Overwatch Generated the Most Revenue for Premium PC Games in 2016

>SuperData has released their 2016 Year in Review report on Digital Games and Interactive Media.

>In the report, SuperData disclosed the PC Revenue for Premium Games (that is, games that have to be purchased and are not free-to-play). And it should come as no surprise to many of our readers that Blizzard's Overwatch took home the top grossing PC game of the year, doubling the revenue of CS:GO.

>SuperData's report shows that premium PC games generated $5.4 billion overall this year, and that Overwatch was responsible for over 10% of that.

>It's worth noting that the rest of the games on this list were not released in 2016, and that likely had a hand in putting Overwatch on top of the list. At the same time, Overwatch was only available for purchase from the end of May - making its revenue all that much more impressive.

>The premium PC Games market is actually projected by SuperData to be slightly less next year than it was this year, before rebounding for 2018 and 2019:

Why are you taking Sup Forums seriously when they say it's dying? Sup Forums wants everything to fail, not just because they hate shit, but so that they can shitpost about it for months.

Pull your head out of your ass.

Sup Forums was wrong again, this surprises who exactly?

>no dota
>no lol
list discarded

They made almost 600 million dollars but still can't create more than 15 maps and give their customers an option to play which map they want.

NOOOOOOOOOO IT WAS SOPPOSED TO BE DEAD BY NOW
FUCK YOU BLIZZARD
FUCK YOU CASUAL SJW GAYMERS
FUCK YOU NORMIES

Every time

Both are free to play

Free = no sales

>>It's worth noting that the rest of the games on this list were not released in 2016, and that likely had a hand in putting Overwatch on top of the list. At the same time, Overwatch was only available for purchase from the end of May - making its revenue all that much more impressive.

Nice one, OP.

Someone else usually gets the revenue for ALL PC games. This is just pure sales, so its insane that CSGO made 250 million.

Here is last year's list, in millions. I think Overwatch will be top 5 just because of loot boxes.

overwatch is a meme game and normies love memes why is this so shocking?

>Sup Forums
>Ever being right about anything

How much of the revenue do you think was generated by people trying to get Mercy's Witch skin?

All of it

Why were faggots here so completely and utterly obsessed with the idea of OW underperforming?

tfw I spent $20 on loot boxes to try and get it
I didn't get it
So I bought it with Kaplanbux

how much can one company jew it up until casuals start to notice?

>I don't like it so it should fail!

Sup Forums has been wishing for the death of League of Legends for years, probably angry that Dota 2 never surpassed it.

I want to impregnate a 37-year old

What surprises me is that CS:GO is still popular.

I know it's CS and all, but not even Source was like this. What happened?

CS:GO and DotA are 2 of the biggest eSports. That amount of professional coverage inspires people to play the same game they just saw someone win a lot of money playing.

>CS:GO making $250 MILLION
>$7.50 to $20 at a time
>5 years old

legitimately impressive

These are fake numbers, this game is dead, no one plays it anymore.

Don't forget the marketplace, there's a shit ton of skins that are over 10x more expensive than the base game

Notice how overwatch is the only game in that list that came out this year. Anyway overwatch is definetly not dying out

>DFO higher than WoW

This makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Neople deserves every cent.

It absolutely is, nice try shill.

>all the people caught hacking have to rebuy the game

this, my discord group of 50 who all bought overwatch have moved onto better things

i know a few people who instantly regretted their purchase, a few more who gave up after a while, but then a stack of like 20 people who just keep on fucking playing that and only that
its really hard to gauge how many people really play it based off small samples