Where did it all go so wrong for Baldurs Gate?

Where did it all go so wrong for Baldurs Gate?

Nothing. BG1 and SoA were solid. ToB is meh but is a good enough ending for the series.

Beamdog

A shitty developer got the right to make more games for some reason

>Posting beamdog content
>with beamdog writing
>made by beamdog
Take. A. Guess.

I just now played BG1 and came to the part where they introduce their "psssht, nothing personal" blackguard half orc with 90 fucking attribute points.
The entire scene is, not exactly awkward, but weirdly blunt about how to make dorn a "badass".
they lack restraint and subtlety, and good writing.

Dorn is actually their "best" original donut steel character.

but...
but...
they removed sexism...

Don't mess with what ain't broke, you hackjob pieces of shit

What's the problem if I can kill anyone I want? I'm gonna pick it up for 15 bucks on Bundlestars cause I've never played it.

>whats the problem with the story i mean you can just kill everyone and not get the story

Going beyond TOB.

I've seen better writing in shitty fanfictions. What is this trash?

Is there any way to play the enhanced edition without Beamdog's "improvements?"

yeah, download the old ones, get the mod that puts bg1 and bg2 into the same game, get some resolution fix and bam, better than the "enhanced edition"

There is a mod which removes extra characters in Enhanced Edition.
Or you can just pirate original versions.

safana was a selfish whore who played men like pets or little children, and jaheira was the nagging wife to the equally cliche and no less caricaturized whimpy husband.
They were a comical pair, so to speak.
Awful examples.
The best of the worst is still one of the worst, and yeah, he was not nauseatingly childish, but even the idea to take that type of character and try to make it a serious addition to the roster is bad.
As I said, 90 stat points and a two handed swort that is viable from the start to the endgame, also superspecial anti-paladin with other unique demonic powers.

>tfw there are hardly any vidya based on DnD games released now
What happened?

someone actually made this

seems like nothing excellent can just rest in peace

from fucking 60+ year old band members getting together for "farewell" tours, constant film rehashing (what are we, on the third spider man reboot?), and vidya remakes/revivals every pristine corpse has to be dragged it's grave and whored out for another go these days

It has a legacy, yet no one to guard it respectfully.
Ergo, the schlocky fanfic brigade takes over, since they have the most loudmouth followers to give them signal boosting.

What is that abomination of a picture? That isn't official is it?

>my nigger Korgan is still the best
Fuck yeah
As a gay though i'm offended that they made the literal brain damaged idiot the token gay dude.

Text was added as a joke/troll attempt, art is someone else's.

DnD was a mistake and CRPGs based on these ancient rules barely hold up these days.

>haerdalis without facial markings
good, not like demonic heritage is something blatantly obvious.

What they need is a new ruleset that realistically models combat and other aspects. DnD has too many abstractions, like AC.

>CRPGs based on these ancient rules barely hold up these days.
Nigga, you came to the wrong thread.

4th edition.

Second edition had its share of great games. Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Icewind Dale...

Third edition had great ones too. Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale 2, Temple of Elemental Evil, Neverwinter Nights 2.

And then the abomination of fourth edition came out. The edition undersold, was hugely criticized and gave rise to Pathfinder, a 3rd edition knockoff that ultimately outsold 4th edition. The current F2P MMO Neverwinter is set in 4th edition. It's not doing hot.

Now D&D is backpedaling and released 5th edition, marketed as "a return to 3rd edition! please for the love of God, come back!" It also, is not doing so hot. Meanwhile, Pathfinder is developing a new D&D game with Obsidian.

Probably after Dark Alliance 2 was made.

dark alliance was already a barely related cash in on a good name, even if the game was fun, it had nothing to do with anything it connected itself to.

Thank god

I dont know what a lot of these mean

>"badass"
That's not what I got out of his first encounter, I got that he was ruthless.
I think you need to play less memegames.
That he's bisexual for no reason is fucking retarded though.

That seems like a waste of time honestly.
You can just ignore them, or do what I do and kill neera before she gets to talk to you and loot her shit.